Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dluth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I just played 13 games of IM VE at a pub. 12 I paid for ($20) and one replay (set at 19m - I got 55m). I walked away feeling dissatisfied and frustrated. It is a constant battle to keep the ball in play - as soon as it's on the slingshots the risk of it draining down the outlines is very high. Yes this can be mitigated by skilful nudging, but gee this gets tiring after a while. And are my kids gonna ever be able to nudge it meaningfully? My forearms are killing me. I play pinball for stress relief and fun, and this game stresses me to the schizen. Then there's the random factor. Now all pinballs have a random element to them - I get that. But when you whack the war monger and time and time again he shots the ball down the outlanes or straight down the frigging middle - that's not fun. And he's a big part if the game. Then there's whiplash - SDTFM off the magnet. About the only fun parts of the machine are war machine and getting some stacked multiballs going. But these don't last too long anyway.
I'm an average player, high score on IJ is 3b so I can play. But 12 games averaging around 5-6m on IM made me look pathetic.
Now as an owned game it's probably a different story - you can narrow the outlanes and make other adjustments to suit your skill level and you don't have to keep pumping cash in for short ball times. But as an on location game, IM sucks!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Ironman is freaking awesome for the reasons you are upset! Why do games have to be easy? Or deep rules? Or long ball times? I'm in the fast, furious, and low depth game camp ! I don't want a 20 - 30 minute game and I don't want to study a book to figure out how to play. I feel like too many games loose some fun factor because of this. Ironman is a great game and I will own another one someday.

Yeah but when it costs like $5 for 3 games - well that's 33c a ball and sometimes I only got to enjoy those balls for a minute. And extra balls are as rare as hen's teeth. Pretty hard on the wallet.
The great thing about pinball though is what one person hates, another loves and there are games out there for all tastes.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well if a game is frustrating, people aren't going to keep paying to play it. So not really.

Except...I have to go back next week to kick it's arse - I'm not going to let it beat me!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.95
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dluth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-is-not-a-fun-game-on-location?tu=dluth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.