Iron Man Help Needed!

By ilovegames

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi,

I have an Iron Man Vault Edition and I keep getting air balls off of the monger top. There are times when I hit a clean shot at the center Iron Monger spinner where the ball takes off and has actually soared over the spinner and hit the back wall.

Are there any adjustments I can make? Any Advice would be appreciated?

Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Mine originally had this. It was ramping off the playfield on the back side of the Monger lid. I added a single washer under each screw to fix it. For very fine adjustment, you can GENTLY bend the Monger bracket from underneath the playfield.

It's okay for the back of the Monger lid to be very slightly higher than the playfield. The front can be very slightly lower. Flush is ideal. You just do not want any lips from the front that can cause the ball to launch with a strong shot off the flippers.

Game plays perfectly now.

#3 8 years ago

Yup! Mine had huge airballs off Monger when I got it. Thought I was going to break something.

On mine the cover was not sitting flat, so you could feel the playfield sticking up at the edge of the cover. The cover was too high at the front, and too low at the back. I removed the cover, raised the Monger by hand, and bent the bracket holding the cover a tiny bit using a couple pairs of needle nose pliers. Put the cover back on, measured, back apart and bent it a bit more again, nailed it. As soon as the cover sat flat, the airballs disappeared.

I really thought it was going to break something, or rip up the playfield at the back of the Monger hole, so you definitely want to take care of that.

#4 8 years ago

Your top plate on monger is not flush with the pf. Adjust it with the screws on the plastic. Use a straight edge to help.

#5 8 years ago

There is also actual adjustment screws under the monger mech. It will let you level the whole thing.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'll give it a try tonight.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

There is also actual adjustment screws under the monger mech. It will let you level the whole thing

Awesome advice! I used the 2 screws and it is now playing perfectly smooth. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.