Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wolfy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

im 1.png
im 2.png
IM 8.png
im 10.png
im 11.png
iron man 4.png
iron man 3.png

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

2010 Iron Man for sale .Game is in excellent condition with near perfect un faded and unscratched cabinet. Playfield is excellent with slight wear on plunger lane. Extras include plastic protectors , LED'S and cointaker LED back box kit, 2 extra figures-Iron Man and Drone, Shaker Motor, Bright Clear Red DMD, and magnet protectors. Game is in Winston Salem NC.

iron man 3.png
iron man 4.png

im 11.png

im 10.png

IM 8.png

im 2.png

im 1.png

#2 5 years ago

Good deal bump

#3 5 years ago

Is everybody waiting for Walking Dead ?

#4 5 years ago

That's a great price for a great looking game! I don't know about everyone else, but to answer your question...Yes, I am waiting for Walking Dead (pending pictures and info of course haha). But nonetheless, this is a great price and GLWS!

I'll throw the question back at ya...are you selling this to fund Walking Dead?!

#5 5 years ago

The market is tough. 4 months ago this would have sold for 6k in 30 seconds.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

VE's and the prospect of VE's are killing the secondary market. When the secondary market goes, the NIB market goes too. The only reason people are willing to spend 5K on a pin is if they don't think they will lose half when they sell. Well, that's exactly where things are going. So, while the rest of you are cheering Stern on with regard to VE's, you are doing so at your own peril.

And you don't have to see pinball as an investment to see where I'm coming from. Everyone expects a new pin to lose value, but when the value becomes "excessive" (don't know exactly what that number is), people will stop buying NIB.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

VE's and the prospect of VE's are killing the secondary market. When the secondary market goes, the NIB market goes too. The only reason people are willing to spend 5K on a pin is if they don't think they will lose half when they sell. Well, that's exactly where things are going. So, while the rest of you are cheering Stern on with regard to VE's, you are doing so at your own peril.

Couldn't agree more! I got my head handed to me 2 weeks ago when I posted the following:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening

Nice to see that someone else "gets it"

snaroff

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more! I got my head handed to me 2 weeks ago when I posted the following:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/obsession-with-stern-ve-reruns-and-bw-remakes-is-sad-disheartening
Nice to see that someone else "gets it"
snaroff

I've got to tell you. I've brought it up several times in the past too and have gotten reamed. People say, "Stern should make all the money they can." Sure that's fine. But do they want to make a load of money short-term, or sustain themselves over the long term? Instant gratification is not a business plan. (See Amazon.com). On the other hand, if pinball is on its last legs with this last resurgence that many have discussed, and I kind of a agree with, maybe it makes the most sense to strike while the iron is hot because you just don't know how long interest in pinball will be piqued as it is now. So, maybe they see the writing on the wall, and they're just like F it-- haha.

#9 5 years ago

Respectfully Disagree..I agree with you guys in the short term but long term: Glad remakes are coming and fast. This will drive prices. Supply and demand. We had an under supply situation and it is being fixed. Prices will eventually drop both on used and new. Hyperinflation was "killing" the pinball market.

I have my 50 or so games and I never viewed them as an investment. New pins will eventually come down in price. Prices are starting to get more realistic.

#11 5 years ago

Hib, Just picked up a beautiful Flight 2K this weekend. Really nice original. Also very rare....Was amazed. John Wart turned me on to it....

#12 5 years ago

Good price with the shaker motor and LED's

#13 5 years ago

Post edited by DaveH: Wrong place to answer this. GLWS

#14 5 years ago

No I am not selling for Walking Dead. I have never bought a new in box. I am selling to rotate this spot in my game room for another used pin. I am looking at a few this week. I think Stern is definitely flooding the market that is not growing at the pace of all of these new pins. Lets face it most collectors have a full collection . In NC where I live every collector I know is overstocked and not looking to add unless they get rid of a pin.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The only reason people are willing to spend 5K on a pin is if they don't think they will lose half when they sell.

The only reason I'm willing to spend $5k on a pin is if I don't think I'll ever sell it. Resale value is mostly irrelevant to me. Why would I spend that much money on something not worth keeping? Your mileage may vary.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

HUO stock example, yes. Routed ones with a shaker and LEDs, no.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And you don't have to see pinball as an investment to see where I'm coming from. Everyone expects a new pin to lose value, but when the value becomes "excessive" (don't know exactly what that number is), people will stop buying NIB.

This is silly. The 2010 IMs were like $4,300 brand new. You can still sell them for more than that and they have been in your home for 4 years by now. 4 years and it appreciated in value! Nothing to cry about here.

And the general sentiment is misguided anyway. I have a Tron. Will it lose value if Stern does another run? Sure it will. Do I care? Nope. I'd rather people get to buy the pins that they want to have and have the base price be lower on games anyway.

Do you guys have any idea how much fun it was to see your average pin going at $1,200? I miss those days so much. I loved being able to open up classifieds and see 4-5 pins in the $1,500 range...pins in good shape! Those days are gone because people are so dang obsessed with value that we've driven up the cost of these machines so much. Trust me, this hobby is WAY more fun when pins are affordable and people have access to the games that they want to pick up. My TZ was under $2,000. My AFM was under $3,500. My TAF was under $2,500. Sure, those games are worth more than double each now. Would I go back to the days when they were worth much less? In a heartbeat.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

My TZ was under $2,000. My AFM was under $3,500. My TAF was under $2,500. Sure, those games are worth more than double each now. Would I go back to the days when they were worth much less? In a heartbeat.

When a gallon of gas was less than 1 dollar , sure I would like to back in those days in a heartbeat also .....

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Respectfully Disagree..I agree with you guys in the short term but long term: Glad remakes are coming and fast. This will drive prices. Supply and demand. We had an under supply situation and it is being fixed. Prices will eventually drop both on used and new. Hyperinflation was "killing" the pinball market.
I have my 50 or so games and I never viewed them as an investment. New pins will eventually come down in price. Prices are starting to get more realistic.

For someone that can afford 50 games, the exact price of a pinball machine doesn't matter (investment or not).

For someone that buys one machine for their game room and never sells it, the price of the machine doesn't matter.

For someone who that has room for 4 and wants to swap them out every 6-9 months, resale value matters much more. If every time you sell, the loss deepens, it's going to effect your willingness to indulge. Just human nature.

I'm all for lower prices if it doesn't imply resale values plummet. I own a tricked out IM that I paid 6.5k for...before IM VE, everyone thought it was a bargain. Now everyone thinks it's wildly over priced. Not a big deal for me (or my collection), but for many people, taking a 2k loss might discourage them from future purchases.

At the end of the day, Stern will do whatever they want. All the babble on this topic of supply/demand is just interesting speculation...10 years from now, it will be interesting to see what the pinball landscape looks like!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

No I am not selling for Walking Dead. I have never bought a new in box. I am selling to rotate this spot in my game room for another used pin. I am looking at a few this week. I think Stern is definitely flooding the market that is not growing at the pace of all of these new pins. Lets face it most collectors have a full collection . In NC where I live every collector I know is overstocked and not looking to add unless they get rid of a pin.

I believe the buying 'collecting frenzy' is slowing down dramatically . I will sell one to add one as new releases
arrive.

#21 5 years ago

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This is silly. The 2010 IMs were like $4,300 brand new. You can still sell them for more than that and they have been in your home for 4 years by now. 4 years and it appreciated in value! Nothing to cry about here.
And the general sentiment is misguided anyway. I have a Tron. Will it lose value if Stern does another run? Sure it will. Do I care? Nope. I'd rather people get to buy the pins that they want to have and have the base price be lower on games anyway.
Do you guys have any idea how much fun it was to see your average pin going at $1,200? I miss those days so much. I loved being able to open up classifieds and see 4-5 pins in the $1,500 range...pins in good shape! Those days are gone because people are so dang obsessed with value that we've driven up the cost of these machines so much. Trust me, this hobby is WAY more fun when pins are affordable and people have access to the games that they want to pick up. My TZ was under $2,000. My AFM was under $3,500. My TAF was under $2,500. Sure, those games are worth more than double each now. Would I go back to the days when they were worth much less? In a heartbeat.

Not that it matters, but Ironman NIB at Allentown 2010 was going for 3900.00 cash at the show. At the time it was a brand new release. There was at least three of them set up at that show.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

All true, except that $4,300 is still more than IM was NIB in 2010. 6k for IM was crazy, and not that many people payed 6k.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For someone who that has room for 4 and wants to swap them out every 6-9 months, resale value matters much more.

Well, in this case, the only thing that matters is the price of the pin relative to other pins. If the whole market goes up and down, then it doesn't matter because your JM will be similar in value to FT regardless of the actual prices.

The only time it bites you is if a game you happen to own is remade, and its price drops while others hold steady. It seems obvious to me that paying higher than NIB prices for used games is a risk, regardless of whether remakes are happening.

#25 5 years ago

How about...

WHO CARES?

It's a for sale post, let's not turn this into a pinside price debate.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

2010 Iron Man for sale .Game is in excellent condition with near perfect un faded and unscratched cabinet. Playfield is excellent with a few scratches around the Monger magnet. Extras include plastic protectors , LED'S and cointaker LED back box kit, 2 extra figures-Iron Man and Drone, Shaker Motor, Bright Clear Red DMD, and magnet wear protectors. Game is in Winston Salem NC.

Hey Wolfy, you are close on your price and GLWTS. Your IM has an advantage over other IM's for sale that have over $1000 worth of mods on them because it is hard to place a value on that amount of mods and someone else's custom pin. IM could be the best "just one more game" pin ever.

I don't know why a person who only owns 1 90's pin worries about Stern NIB pin resale prices and how much that will effect future NIB sales? I also don't understand another who thinks that if you can't buy a NiB pin and sell it a year later for almost what you paid, or more than you paid, then you won't ever go buy another NIB pin again. Who knows?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

How about...
WHO CARES?
It's a for sale post, let's not turn this into a pinside price debate.

Fair enough, but I did not notice anyone arguing that the OP's price was out of line..... Consider this a fee bump.

#28 5 years ago

Lots of interesting responses and Snaroff hit the nail on the head. Keep this thread at the top so I can sell this machine , I appreciate all the responses.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Lots of interesting responses and Snaroff hit the nail on the head. Keep this thread at the top so I can sell this machine , I appreciate all the responses.

Thanks. btw...great looking pin very well priced! I'm sure it will sell quickly. GLWTS.

#30 5 years ago

Bump for a good Pinsider.

#31 5 years ago

This is a great price for a great pin.

#32 5 years ago

Lining up a trade may be fun for you.

Best way to do a "one in one out" deal all done on the same day. Great for both collector's packed game rooms.

#33 5 years ago

Why can't you be up in NJ?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Why can't you be up in NJ?

You miss yours?

#35 5 years ago

Sometimes....

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

When a gallon of gas was less than 1 dollar , sure I would like to back in those days in a heartbeat also .....

Nah, gas was well more than $1 / gallon when you could get pins that cheap.

I was offered multiple TZ machines when I started collecting for less than $2k.

As someone said, it's just how long you hold onto the machines. If you rotate every few months, you need to be a little more price aware - although in general, it's rare that you're going to have a machine that plummets in price in just a few months. If you rotate every few years, you see the value in owning the machine.

I own a nice IM that six month ago I could have probably got $5500 for. Today, I could probably get $4300 for it. It's not going anywhere, so it really doesn't matter. $4300 is a great price if you're looking.

#37 5 years ago

I always think about what entertainment costs or what would I pay to play pinball in the wild. So if for example I had to sell my XM LE for a $2000 loss, but I got to play ~2000 games it's not any loss (IMO).

However, I doubt I'll play XM that much but on the other hand I can sell my PotC for minimal loss over 1000 games so on the whole I don't think loosing money on owning something is a bad thing. Heck all my TVs, Cell phones, Computers, video games, cable and internet service, I loose 100% on so I don't see the problem with taking a loss, seems normal to me.

I spend more on cable/satellite TV/Radio Internet and Netflix service per month than I spend on pinballs anyway. If I look at the potential loss of 10%-40% on my pins.

------

GLWTS of IM which is really a great game and well worth owning for anyone who loves fast playing pinball.

#38 5 years ago

Can't believe this thing hasn't sold yet. Good luck!

#39 5 years ago

Nice machine Wolfy. Great seller to deal with. I bought my NGG from him and was better than described.

#40 5 years ago

Really nice machine here for a good price. I've played it on multiple occasions and it looks and plays great. Good luck with the sell, Wolfy!

#41 5 years ago

Still for sale.

#42 5 years ago

Price drop $4,200 This game has $ 500 in MODS. $1,300 less than the cheapest price I have seen on a 2010.

#43 5 years ago

Last time prices just kept going up, up up and up…we had a housing crash.

Time before that? NASDAQ crashed.

Any investment fluctuates in price…Finance 101.

#44 5 years ago

This is exactly what happens when too many pins are built. The problem isn't price/condition, the problem is everyone that wants one now has one. I decided to keep my IM...too awesome a game to give away.

Might just need to be patient...

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This is exactly what happens when too many pins are built. The problem isn't price/condition, the problem is everyone that wants one now has one. I decided to keep my IM...too awesome a game to give away.
Might just need to be patient...

I was coming here to post these exact same words. Next up mmr. And who knows what else? I don't know what Gary's plans are, but as a business owner myself and knowing how old he is, it might be time to over saturate the market get as much as he can and Retire." I informed you thusly" can't believe your having trouble selling,BUMP

#46 5 years ago

Yes good price... I figure sooner or later someone going to the WS auction will pick it up.

#47 5 years ago

You can drop it all the way to a hundred bucks but everyone who wanted one prob grabbed a NIB a few months ago. No matter how nice it is, how many mods are or aren't added, the pinside market for IMs seems a good bit smaller than it was in April. Prob going to have to wait months or longer for new potential owners to pop in. Once Stern moves on and the IMVEs all sell, some originals will start to sell as well. Good luck just the same though.

#48 5 years ago

Hey, Wolfy. Sorry that I don't have any space, but I wish you well with the sale.

#49 5 years ago

If I was local I'd be all over this. As it is, it's just too far. Good luck though, it should move soon.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If I was local I'd be all over this. As it is, it's just too far. Good luck though, it should move soon.

So weird. Was just listening to you saying you couldn't find an IM on the podcast. Thought to myself "he should check out wolfy's". Good luck. I wish I could buy this one too. GLWTS Wolfy!

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside