(Topic ID: 8046)

Iron Man Classic Play Value?

By txstargazer3

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I see that IM Classic has a different cabinet, no dome lights, no magnets, no coin mech and is missing one toy. Has anyone had a chance to play it? How does it compare in "fun factor" to the regular IM?

Saving $1,000 is tempting, but not if the game is substantially altered. What do you think?

#2 12 years ago

I haven't played it, but given what it's missing, I wouldn't want to touch the game (I own the Pro and love it). I think it's also safe to assume that you'd have trouble selling it as most collectors would want the IM pro.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks Gusphan, that's what my instincts tell me too. I think the missing elements would always be eating at the back of my mind.

#4 12 years ago

Also, I think the loss of the magnets in a game that relies on flow and speed could be a real negative. Not having played the Classic, it is just conjecture.

I do think that the Classic concept is a valid one, as it may bring more people into the world of pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-classic-play-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.