(Topic ID: 270586)

Iron Man - born on date of mine is 05/13/2020...what?!

By PB-Guy

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bam10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IM2 (resized).jpg
IM1 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Last week I got a new in box Iron Man. The date on the machine is 05/13/2020. The story I was told was that Stern was working a skeleton crew during the virus situation, they were doing inventory, they found enough parts to make 8 Iron Man machines, and so they did. All I know is that story. Is there anyone out there that can confirm this, say it is horsehockey, or etc.? It's a pretty, new machine, with 1.86 version code, I do know that! Any information appreciated, thanks!

IM1 (resized).jpgIM1 (resized).jpgIM2 (resized).jpgIM2 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I thought they Vaulted some recently. I believe there was some mention of it on the forum a short while back.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

Last week I got a new in box Iron Man. The date on the machine is 05/13/2020. The story I was told was that Stern was working a skeleton crew during the virus situation, they were doing inventory, they found enough parts to make 8 Iron Man machines, and so they did. All I know is that story. Is there anyone out there that can confirm this, say it is horsehockey, or etc.? It's a pretty, new machine, with 1.86 version code, I do know that! Any information appreciated, thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah they vaulted them, that’s pretty funny, are you saying this isn’t considered a Vault edition or something?

#4 3 years ago

No I think he’s saying the plant should have been shut down and may 13 doesn’t make sense.

Edit* Nope. I’m the dummy then, your saying they scrounged enough parts to make a non-vault Iron Man during a iron man vault edition release??? LMAO

#5 3 years ago

I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying that was the story I was told, and because it's not really a story I am buying either, I'm wondering what the real story is. Just wondering the backstory...how many were released with a recent 2020 date (since Stern's website says they aren't in production any more, and haven't been for awhile), just kinda what's the deal here. Just like if you suddenly saw a Ghostbusters or etc. with a 2020 build date...what's up?

#6 3 years ago

Just threw on whatever sticker they had lying around?

#7 3 years ago

Iron man was the 2020 vault from Stern. There should be more coming out in the next couple of months if I had to guess

#8 3 years ago

Stern was running a small crew for several weeks when most thought they were shut down. I was told it was very slow production while they practiced social distance

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

I'm not saying that at all...I'm saying that was the story I was told, and because it's not really a story I am buying either, I'm wondering what the real story is. Just wondering the backstory...how many were released with a recent 2020 date (since Stern's website says they aren't in production any more, and haven't been for awhile), just kinda what's the deal here. Just like if you suddenly saw a Ghostbusters or etc. with a 2020 build date...what's up?

Iron Man was re ran with new code in 2020. Just like they did with GOT as they had parts left for those as well.

#10 3 years ago

Just wipe down your machine........yikes

#11 3 years ago

IM has been vaulted in the past and again in 2020 with new code, not sure if the boardset is the same though

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

MSRP

May / 2020 / Iron Man VE / Pro / $6099 (with code update)

.................................................................................
June / 2014 / Iron Man VE / Pro / $5495

...................................................................................
April / 2010 / Iron Man / Pro / $4799
April / 2010 / Iron Man / Classic (Home) / $3799

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from PB-Guy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Dunno. I had an original Iron Man with a made date of 2008 - two YEARS before it was released. Never could figure that one out.

#14 3 years ago

Great game, enjoy

#15 3 years ago

The Vault editions are the way to go. The metallic side art and metal head with the tilted screen and speakers are really nice features. Not to mention they are new and shiny! At this point I am pretty sure that the Vaults outnumber the originals by a wide margin.

Great game! I really miss my IMVE. It is a game I sold and want back.

#16 3 years ago

It won't leave my collection.... just an ass-kicker of a game...

#17 3 years ago

Mine is getting TLC from Steve at the MI Pinball Refinery

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Vault editions are the way to go. The metallic side art and metal head with the tilted screen and speakers are really nice features. Not to mention they are new and shiny! At this point I am pretty sure that the Vaults outnumber the originals by a wide margin.
Great game! I really miss my IMVE. It is a game I sold and want back.

I dunno, I heard that original vault run was only 300 games. The 2010 production was 1000.

#19 3 years ago

I regret selling mine but getting so experience in Aus.

apparently:
2010 - 1050 games
2014 - approx 300 games
2020 - ?

#20 3 years ago

I think that they vaulted this in 2020, the noticeable difference being the blue insert in the middle of the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-born-on-date-of-mine-is-05-13-2020what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.