040804CF-B342-4CB8-8219-439663406A54 (resized).jpeg
782398F3-B31D-485E-93F8-2DE04A217121 (resized).jpeg
congrats (resized).jpg
4A454161-9CD0-475E-AB81-0CF4371A1FD5 (resized).jpeg
8F495B3A-8EF3-4C27-9ACD-74D4F9F66DC5 (resized).jpeg
46F627BC-F4AE-4A61-81C4-58CC7BA09635 (resized).png
IMG957459 (resized).jpg
IMG957456 (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I own MET and it's one of my favs. I also like MET. Love GnR too. It just comes down to people's opinion on music. Mine is not the definitive correct answer of course - I'm just letting out some steam and about 5 beers deep at the airport waiting for my damn plane to come in! Seriously though - it looks like a great game, just wish I (not everyone) liked the music!

Thats very strange, if ur a fan of older Metallica than how can you hate Iron Maiden? GnR well that was all fine and dandy in the late 80's and early 90's for me but didn't last too long now if its the newer Metallica post Justice and GnR then it makes a little more sense. I'm just curious not trying to knock ya.

#102 6 years ago

Not a big fan of the band BUT.......
This game is awesome and I even liked the music. There is one on location where I work and I can’t stop putting dollar bills in it.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I love the passion, you guys have and am happy you're getting your rock dream theme pin. I'll give 3 albums a few listens. I do think their artwork has always been amazing and engaging. Maybe I can re-theme it to Def Leppard, I loved all of their early albums

High and dry... Awesome album!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats very strange, if ur a fan of older Metallica than how can you hate Iron Maiden? GnR well that was all fine and dandy in the late 80's and early 90's for me but didn't last too long now if its the newer Metallica post Justice and GnR then it makes a little more sense. I'm just curious not trying to knock ya.

yeah I'm really a fan of the newer metallica music although I forget which album one was off of or Things that shouldn't be or Orion but I like all of those too. I am not a fan of their really fast, screaming music (some stock songs on MET were taken off b/c of it).

Love all GnR - in fact I put some of their songs on my MET like Welcome to the Jungle and You Could be Mine.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

What would be the top 3 albums they released? Maybe I'll give them a listen.

This is hard... Cos they do change a bit depending on my mood... And I've never been much of a Number of the Beast fan. Great album yes... I love it... But, I love the others so much more... I think right now I'd pick:
1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It opens with the epic Moonchild. Slows things down a bit with Infinite Dreams, but that song is amazing. Then you get back up with Can I Play With Madness one of Maidens all time best tracks. And then we go to my All Time personal Fav, The Evil That Men Do. Just an amazing song, and that guitar solo... That is how guitar solos should be. They don't need to be blazing fast, but they should emote, and they should have passion. And of course fit the song. Just a perfect solo that shows what a master Adrian is. Not the best, not the fastest, but he plays with such emotion and truly sounds unique.
Then this is where the album does start to suffer a bit. The title track is a bit bloated, but still a good song. And while the prophecy is my 2nd least favorite song on the album. Its still good filler and would be a good song on many other bands albums, just not a good song for maiden. Then things pick up again with the superb clairvoyant... Which truth be told I use to think was a ho hum song when I was younger, but its really really good nad not boring at all. I was just too hyper in my youth to appreciate this song. And then the album ends on a weak note with only the good die young. Not a horrible song, just boring and bad for maiden. But, I do like how it ends where Moonchild begins... The whole album is a concept album and you have to applaud that. But, that doesn't make it great. What makes this album great is it has 3 all time amazing songs on it, and the little filler(I hate calling it that) is still strong and appealing.

2. Piece of Mind
The only real criticism I have of this album is a lot of the songs I thought were amazing and smart when I was in jr high and high school, I find a bit puerile today. But, lets go track by track. The album opens strong, where eagles dare is a classic. Great intro, great song, great theme, and a decent clint eastwood movie. A small factoid this movie is has actually the highest body count of on screen kills in any clint eastwood movie. Not his best, but its worth a watch.. Then the next song is quite possibly my 2nd favorite Maiden song ever. Revelations. Just a great song and I wish they played it live more. But, I've heard it live at least once... Maybe twice... Then next up is Flight of Icarus. Great song, and I always loved greek myths. So I really always liked this song. Now the next song is Die with your Boots on. I LOVED THIS SONG! When I was young... Now its a great fast and fun and powerful song. But, its a bit... Dumb... For Maiden I mean. I get it, its making fun of doomsday prophets and I like that. But, the whole chorus is just a bit puerile, but it sounds amazing. Sadly this song is not based on Errol Flynns fun movie. But, you should watch it anyway. Its a good bit of silver screen. Next song is the Trooper, which is one of Maiden's all time great songs. Then is Still LIfe, which is where the Piece of Mind for the album title comes from. I use to love this song too. But, now its a bit silly and campy... But, still fits the horror movie motif that Maiden leans heavily on. A bit silly, but when I was younger I LOVED IT. Still rocks out though. Quest for First was always campy fun. But, the song just has a nice tempo and moves along. And is just fun that I forgive it. Feels a bit like a Robert E Howard story. Sun and Steel is a really good song, its about Samaria and living the warrior code. Solid song. Then we come to the last song on the album and this is really the only one I don't like. I know some people love this song. I'm not one of them. Which is funny, because its about my all time favorite book DUNE. The song just doesn't flow to me, and to much of it seems forced. Just filler. And I seldom listen to it. But, I do sometimes and it never has grown on me. A
3: Powerslave. Starts off strong with Aces High, then kicks it into even higher gear(didn't think that was possible) with another all time great song 2 Minutes to Midnight. Which is probably like my 3rd favorite Maiden song. Loser words is an instrumental, but provides a nice break and chance to cool down, while still keeping the engines warm. My biggest criticism for this album lies within the next two songs. Flash of the Blade and the Duelist... Similar sounding and themed songs. At least that's how I always felt about them. Good songs though. Back in the Village is just a nice song. Then we go to the title track and its a nice epic. Then we end things with maybe my 4th favorite Maiden song ever. Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. And I think the guitar solo once it kicks in... Ohhh man. I love that so much. One of my all time favorite solos. Gives me chills, cos it rocks so hard. And Mariner is a song that sometimes I think, Ive heard this a thousand times, I'm bored with this song... And then I hear it again, and it rocks me to my soul. And I realize I can never get bored of that EPIC EPIC SONG!
And I know you asked for 3 albums.
But, I'd put Somewhere in time at 4, because I just love the whole sonic sound of the album. And not one bad song on it.
Then at number 5 I will put Dance of Death. Paschendale, Rainmaker, Title track, and Monsignor are epic, epic songs, along with Journeyman.
So that's my list. But, really you can't go wrong with Dickinson and Maiden albums.
Only one to steer clear of is the X factor.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

This is hard... Cos they do change a bit depending on my mood... And I've never been much of a Number of the Beast fan. Great album yes... I love it... But, I love the others so much more... I think right now I'd pick:
1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It opens with the epic Moonchild. Slows things down a bit with Infinite Dreams, but that song is amazing. Then you get back up with Can I Play With Madness one of Maidens all time best tracks. And then we go to my All Time personal Fav, The Evil That Men Do. Just an amazing song, and that guitar solo... That is how guitar solos should be. They don't need to be blazing fast, but they should emote, and they should have passion. And of course fit the song. Just a perfect solo that shows what a master Adrian is. Not the best, not the fastest, but he plays with such emotion and truly sounds unique.
Then this is where the album does start to suffer a bit. The title track is a bit bloated, but still a good song. And while the prophecy is my 2nd least favorite song on the album. Its still good filler and would be a good song on many other bands albums, just not a good song for maiden. Then things pick up again with the superb clairvoyant... Which truth be told I use to think was a ho hum song when I was younger, but its really really good nad not boring at all. I was just too hyper in my youth to appreciate this song. And then the album ends on a weak note with only the good die young. Not a horrible song, just boring and bad for maiden. But, I do like how it ends where Moonchild begins... The whole album is a concept album and you have to applaud that. But, that doesn't make it great. What makes this album great is it has 3 all time amazing songs on it, and the little filler(I hate calling it that) is still strong and appealing.
2. Piece of Mind
The only real criticism I have of this album is a lot of the songs I thought were amazing and smart when I was in jr high and high school, I find a bit puerile today. But, lets go track by track. The album opens strong, where eagles dare is a classic. Great intro, great song, great theme, and a decent clint eastwood movie. A small factoid this movie is has actually the highest body count of on screen kills in any clint eastwood movie. Not his best, but its worth a watch.. Then the next song is quite possibly my 2nd favorite Maiden song ever. Revelations. Just a great song and I wish they played it live more. But, I've heard it live at least once... Maybe twice... Then next up is Flight of Icarus. Great song, and I always loved greek myths. So I really always liked this song. Now the next song is Die with your Boots on. I LOVED THIS SONG! When I was young... Now its a great fast and fun and powerful song. But, its a bit... Dumb... For Maiden I mean. I get it, its making fun of doomsday prophets and I like that. But, the whole chorus is just a bit puerile, but it sounds amazing. Sadly this song is not based on Errol Flynns fun movie. But, you should watch it anyway. Its a good bit of silver screen. Next song is the Trooper, which is one of Maiden's all time great songs. Then is Still LIfe, which is where the Piece of Mind for the album title comes from. I use to love this song too. But, now its a bit silly and campy... But, still fits the horror movie motif that Maiden leans heavily on. A bit silly, but when I was younger I LOVED IT. Still rocks out though. Quest for First was always campy fun. But, the song just has a nice tempo and moves along. And is just fun that I forgive it. Feels a bit like a Robert E Howard story. Sun and Steel is a really good song, its about Samaria and living the warrior code. Solid song. Then we come to the last song on the album and this is really the only one I don't like. I know some people love this song. I'm not one of them. Which is funny, because its about my all time favorite book DUNE. The song just doesn't flow to me, and to much of it seems forced. Just filler. And I seldom listen to it. But, I do sometimes and it never has grown on me. A
3: Powerslave. Starts off strong with Aces High, then kicks it into even higher gear(didn't think that was possible) with another all time great song 2 Minutes to Midnight. Which is probably like my 3rd favorite Maiden song. Loser words is an instrumental, but provides a nice break and chance to cool down, while still keeping the engines warm. My biggest criticism for this album lies within the next two songs. Flash of the Blade and the Duelist... Similar sounding and themed songs. At least that's how I always felt about them. Good songs though. Back in the Village is just a nice song. Then we go to the title track and its a nice epic. Then we end things with maybe my 4th favorite Maiden song ever. Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. And I think the guitar solo once it kicks in... Ohhh man. I love that so much. One of my all time favorite solos. Gives me chills, cos it rocks so hard. And Mariner is a song that sometimes I think, Ive heard this a thousand times, I'm bored with this song... And then I hear it again, and it rocks me to my soul. And I realize I can never get bored of that EPIC EPIC SONG!
And I know you asked for 3 albums.
But, I'd put Somewhere in time at 4, because I just love the whole sonic sound of the album. And not one bad song on it.
Then at number 5 I will put Dance of Death. Paschendale, Rainmaker, Title track, and Monsignor are epic, epic songs, along with Journeyman.
So that's my list. But, really you can't go wrong with Dickinson and Maiden albums.
Only one to steer clear of is the X factor.

OK, with that kind of write up I am for sure going to do some listening to those albums. You sir are passionate about your Maiden

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, with that kind of write up I am for sure going to do some listening to those albums. You sir are passionate about your Maiden

To me Music is my first love. And so my greatest love. And Maiden is my all time favorite band. Dio my favorite singer, and Michael Schenker my favorite guitarist.

#108 6 years ago

Guys, I'm being silly.

Clearly my goofy'ness doesn't translate well to Iron Maiden bad asses who just wont stand for such joking.

Would my humor work better when referencing TWD's terrible redneck? If so why the double standard?

My life is boring tho you're right. Today I ate a lot of food & stared at the ocean while contemplating buying more pinball machines.

And I'm likely to buy Maiden. Looks great. I'm surprised at the requirement I must praise the band tho. I dont like TWD the show but love the game.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

PW79 must have a really fucking boring life. I agree, move on.

See that is a personal insult is it not?

I speak of a band, you speak of me. By my name & everything.

But I'm not going to snitch to a mod or hold a grudge because this aint that serious & you weren't hateful.

#110 6 years ago

Top 3

Killers
Number of the Beast
and my personal favorite Peice of Mind

Powerslave is great but just a tad behind Beast with Iron Maiden as a 1st album classic

The rest do nothing for nothing me at all so while a great fan of Maiden like Megadeth and Metallica and so many others lots of shit mixed in as well but then that can help with over all popularity as theres something for everyone. Slayer however who needs a pinball machine desperately has never steered from the path of Evil and thats why they remain at the top of the heap for me. I do have the Slayer mod on my TWD Pre so I can't complain. Now we need Motorhead,Sabbath and Preist.

#111 6 years ago

Played it today. No interest in the band or the theme.

That being said... This game is beautiful.
Great use of 4 flippers.

The ramps were difficult to hit.

The display is excellent.

I love the Pharoah shot.

I think Iron Maiden fans will be happy

#112 6 years ago

Reading all these positive reviews is fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Cannot wait for my LE!

#113 6 years ago

I can't stop thinking about this game.

I love every shot. Both spinner shots are great for different reasons. The ramps are -so- satisfying to hit. They're challenging; you're not gonna left-right-left these things all day, but when you hit one, the metal ramps combined with the tight turnarounds feel SO good! The progression towards the "Power Modes" is natural and fun. The game knows when you sweep the drops and tells you when you do. The playfield inserts combined with the audio makes the game very intuitive. The super skill shot is addictive.

I'm contemplating turning my Iron Man into an Iron Maiden....

#114 6 years ago

PW79 I apologize, being a little sensitive I guess. I don't even collect pinball machines anymore but I have been waiting for this one for years. Hope you get one, and enjoy it.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Why don’t you and delt get a room already? I’ll never understand people’s need to piss in other people’s cereal. You don’t like their music? Cool, move the f on and leave those that do alone so we can enjoy a pin we all willed into existence. Up The Irons.

Cause the guy as no life and i bet he has no friends.

#116 6 years ago

PW79 I apologize, being a little sensitive I guess. I don't even collect pinball machines anymore but I have been waiting for this one for years. Hope you get one, and enjoy it.

We are AOK dude.

My apologies for having way too much fun in this thread. I say something in jest & see it misinterpreted as serious but fail to make it clear I was BS’n from the start because the shitshow that follows is sorta funny.

We are both gonna enjoy the shit out of this game I bet. Cheers!

Quoted from thunderking50:

Yet here you are. On a pinball forum. Insulting me for voicing a dislike of a polarizing band you are not a member of. At least I’m kidding here & having fun.

#117 6 years ago

Quoted from thunderking50:

You guys should see this in a different light:
There are some of us who don’t appreciate (downright hate) the music.
We’re still so impressed with the rest of this pin that we’ll probably buy it anyway.
Overall, this is a great sign for Stern, pinball, and hopefully things to come in this hobby.

#118 6 years ago

Played lots of pinball in my years. IM is a super game and fun to play. It doesnt seem like it could have reliability issues with any toys etc either. I will get one. My last nib was gb prem. All ops should buy at least one of this title.

#119 6 years ago

Just got back from playing the game tonight and it is freaking amazing! If there is anyone that buys this game and isnt happy with it, just find a new hobby is all i can say because nothing will make you happy if Iron Maiden doesnt. No Dark Knight for Stern here guys trust me!

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I love every shot. Both spinner shots are great for different reasons. The ramps are -so- satisfying to hit. They're challenging; you're not gonna left-right-left these things all day, but when you hit one, the metal ramps combined with the tight turnarounds feel SO good! The progression towards the "Power Modes" is natural and fun. The game knows when you sweep the drops and tells you when you do. The playfield inserts combined with the audio makes the game very intuitive. The super skill shot is addictive.

That’s the only reason I would like the Metallica pin more the left and right ramp flow. I still like a Maiden more as a band and want to try this pin as 4 flippers is a very different feel, kind of like MM compared to Adams Family/TZ.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I just got back from playing it tonight and its a killer game that is packed full of goodness! I did a drop target sweep as well and was surprised by the call out, that was cool.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

That’s the only reason I would like the Metallica pin more the left and right ramp flow. I still like a Maiden more as a band and want to try this pin as 4 flippers is a very different feel, kind of like MM compared to Adams Family/TZ.

Great comparison! I also felt drawn to compare Maiden to Addams Family/TZ even though the speed and intensity is way higher. It's not often you find 4 flippers on the same playfield these days. Really, the overall flipper action most reminds me of my old champion, Gottlieb's Gladiators. But that upper loop is BK2K all day.

The pops arent even what make the ramps harder to combo than Metallica. That's mostly a psyche-out, really. They're just...harder to hit! Im sure that's fixed with practice, though. In time, it may prove to have ramp action just as repeatable as MET.

And yeah, as a band, it doesn't get any better. Especially for pinball.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just got back from playing it tonight and its a killer game that is packed full of goodness! I did a drop target sweep as well and was surprised by the call out, that was cool.

Yeah! How cool is that? "Wow, you noticed I nailed that sweep, too? Thanks, Game!" Nice touch, thinking about the player.

There's something just flat-out awesome about how the shots of this game feel. The layout is of course ridiculously good, but the sounds and light choreography sell it. All the themes of "power" and lightning add to it. Probably helps with that Addams/TZ vibe, too.

This game is too good to be true. Someone said it somewhere earlier, it's like we wished this game into existence.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Yeah! How cool is that? "Wow, you noticed I nailed that sweep, too? Thanks, Game!" Nice touch, thinking about the player.
There's something just flat-out awesome about how the shots of this game feel. The layout is of course ridiculously good, but the sounds and light choreography sell it. All the themes of "power" and lightning add to it. Probably helps with that Addams/TZ vibe, too.
This game is too good to be true. Someone said it somewhere earlier, it's like we wished this game into existence.

I wish all pinball machines had call outs like IMDN does, but the drop target sweep really surprised me alot when it called that out. I certainly wasnt expecting anything like that. Iron Maiden is good good good! Im not going to say best Stern ever or anything like that but its right up there toward the top i think. Time will tell but its very awesome for sure.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I started asking for it about 5 years ago too in a thread

3 weeks later
#126 5 years ago

well - I thought I would bump this thread with an update. I bought the pro version b/c I couldn't miss this layout - it looked too fun. One day in and I was almost thinking of selling b/c the music was too much. I spent hours trying to do a custom mix via pinbrowser but it just wasn't fitting the game. I returned to the stock music and I have no idea why or how but it just clicked. I was digging it - almost every song (except Run to the hills - I ended up swapping that for a song I heard on youtube that was very good - wrathchild) and now I'm set.

This game plays really well - really enjoying it right now! Also I was a little concerned it would feel like Metallica (due to similar left and right ramp) but owning that and owning this now, they def don't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.