040804CF-B342-4CB8-8219-439663406A54 (resized).jpeg
782398F3-B31D-485E-93F8-2DE04A217121 (resized).jpeg
congrats (resized).jpg
4A454161-9CD0-475E-AB81-0CF4371A1FD5 (resized).jpeg
8F495B3A-8EF3-4C27-9ACD-74D4F9F66DC5 (resized).jpeg
46F627BC-F4AE-4A61-81C4-58CC7BA09635 (resized).png
IMG957459 (resized).jpg
IMG957456 (resized).jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

man - I'm not sure. I thought it did. God I hope it does!

Pinbrowser is supposed to work with Spike 1 but I have never found anything about it working with Spike 2. I'm sure it will in time, but it may be a while.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a good point b/c it really is that guys voice that really drives me insane. Super talented on the guitar and love the art. We'll see.
Devils just lost. Damn.

Ya, I'm not a Maiden fan either, but the attitude is there for the game. Heavy Metal to me is just all about attitude. If I want anything else I look elsewhere. I just put down a deposit on ACNC. Not because of the music, but the rest of it. Now I may have to pony up for this game as well.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This pin is such a travesty b.c everything about it is really good (layout is awesome, effects are even good) but holy __ that music is terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if Geico used their music in one of their commercials it's that embarrassing. I understand Europe and other countries outside of the good ol USA love them but good lord, what a terrible soundtrack.
As opposed to the MET retheme that is GOTG, I would actually encourage Stern to retheme this layout b/c it's awesome. It's hard to watch the videos b/c the music is so bad. Yes - I can prob put my own music in it and honestly, that's the only way it would get into my house - it might actually work out better than I think! God bless that pinbrowser software.

So let me get this straight, your cool with the music on your monopoly (elavator music from hell) but you can’t tolerate Iron Maiden because it’s “embarrassing”?
Ok Dokey

8F495B3A-8EF3-4C27-9ACD-74D4F9F66DC5 (resized).jpeg8F495B3A-8EF3-4C27-9ACD-74D4F9F66DC5 (resized).jpeg

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the game is a scam and an absolute travesty!!!

So bad he almost owned it!

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

There should be a test... if you can’t sing the first verse of Hallowed be thy name - NO Iron Maiden pin for you!

I guess no Maiden for me then. I'm not sure how to sing a verse that seems to have no melody. But hey, music is 100% opinion. I like KISS, so what the hell do I know

Layout looks great and I'm looking forward to playing this one at MGC.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I guess no Maiden for me then. I'm not sure how to sing a verse that seems to have no melody. But hey, music is 100% opinion. I like KISS, so what the hell do I know
Layout looks great and I'm looking forward to playing this one at MGC.

The hilarious part is all you haters are gonna be singing the shit out of these songs after you hear them in the game over and over. It WILL get in your head!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The hilarious part is all you haters are gonna be singing the shit out of these songs after you..

Said all the long hairs when Met's shit music came out...

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So let me get this straight, your cool with the music on your monopoly (elavator music from hell) but you can’t tolerate Iron Maiden because it’s “embarrassing”?
Ok Dokey

Yeah I dig the monopoly theme - fits it really well. Can you believe it? Iron Maiden is terrible but I will give it another try.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I dig the monopoly theme - fits it really well. Can you believe it? Iron Maiden is terrible but I will give it another try.

I didn’t want to do this but you leave me no choice...

4A454161-9CD0-475E-AB81-0CF4371A1FD5 (resized).jpeg4A454161-9CD0-475E-AB81-0CF4371A1FD5 (resized).jpeg

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The hilarious part is all you haters are gonna be singing the shit out of these songs after you hear them in the game over and over. It WILL get in your head!

Bah! Pinbrowser plus The Carpenters will fix that on mine.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Said all the long hairs when Met's shit music came out...

When did that ever happen

#62 6 years ago

How did Don's thread about getting an awesome new pinball machine at a great location turn into a massive argument about hard rock music?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

How did Don's thread about getting an awesome new pinball machine at a great location turn into a massive argument about hard rock music?

Go look at the other hundred IM threads

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

It's metal sir where banging our heads

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Crazy - I expect better than this from you. I'll leave it at that.
Oh - and Alien is one of the most original most unbelievable fucking insane music sound and effects game that literally takes games like GOTG and takes a shit all over it's BS rehash nonsense. It is also scarred with one of the most unfortunate BS handling of peoples money I've ever seen with CT essentially saving it from complete ruin. It's still my #1.
ok that it is.

How can you be disappointed in me when it is you who turned on the haterade spicket, pointlessly whining about Iron Maiden's music in thread after thread?

Look, this isn’t even up for debate: Maiden is still on top after almost 40 years. They draw huge crowds, people love them.

The Alien franchise has been sending filmgoers home disappointed and demanding refunds for a solid QUARTER CENTURY. Terrible movie after terrible movie, these films have no business even being made. This franchise should have been put down in 1987 when the story was over and anyone with talent was done with it.

The game is atrocious and comparing it to GOTG - an uninspired production, but a game that operators and hobbyists can at least expect will WORK properly, built by a company that will still be in business in a year - is just silly. Alien is a mess and the whole project a stain on the hobby and a general embarrassment.

In summary - Maiden > Alien. I'll be happy to jeep reminding you about that if you keep trolling Maiden threads. Maiden might not be your cup of tea but heavy metal fans love it - to not pretend not to understand why it's judged as high quality generally by fans of the genre is simply being obtuse.

#66 6 years ago

So how do the animations look in person and on a smaller screen?

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So how do the animations look in person and on a smaller screen?

Now that I think about it when I played it I barely looked up at the screen. Even while others were playing I watched the gameplay more than anything else. What's happening under the glass is really impressive. My two sons who are 7 and 8 didn't notice the animations at all but loved the layout and couldn't get enough of the game. My 8 year old rarely plays pinball even at our house, but Maiden has had him hooked for the past 48 hours all things pinball.

#68 6 years ago

Can someone who already got one of these please give us their impression of the playfield and cabinet build quality? I'm totally interested in one of these Iron Maidens but the prior games that had playfield ghosting or cabinet splitting issues have me wondering if Stern bettered thier QC.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can someone who already got one of these please give us their impression of the playfield and cabinet build quality? I'm totally interested in one of these Iron Maidens but the prior games that had playfield ghosting or cabinet splitting issues have me wondering if Stern bettered thier QC.

Same position here. Love the game, impressed with some of the improvements to the BOM Stern has made for the Pro, etc. but still worried about the possibility of prevalent insert crazing, chippy clear-coat, ghosting, cabinet splitting, *sigh*...

#70 6 years ago

Got to log some games this afternoon at KF.... Don is correct, game is awesome and there's nothing like it.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can you be disappointed in me when it is you who turned on the haterade spicket, pointlessly whining about Iron Maiden's music in thread after thread?
Look, this isn’t even up for debate: Maiden is still on top after almost 40 years. They draw huge crowds, people love them.
The Alien franchise has been sending filmgoers home disappointed and demanding refunds for a solid QUARTER CENTURY. Terrible movie after terrible movie, these films have no business even being made. This franchise should have been put down in 1987 when the story was over and anyone with talent was done with it.
The game is atrocious and comparing it to GOTG - an uninspired production, but a game that operators and hobbyists can at least expect will WORK properly, built by a company that will still be in business in a year - is just silly. Alien is a mess and the whole project a stain on the hobby and a general embarrassment.
In summary - Maiden > Alien. I'll be happy to jeep reminding you about that if you keep trolling Maiden threads. Maiden might not be your cup of tea but heavy metal fans love it - to not pretend not to understand why it's judged as high quality generally by fans of the genre is simply being obtuse.

Before I even waste more time with you - have you played a fully functioning alien? Atrocious? Get the F out of here. The only reason I even reply to you is bc your a fellow new yorker and I try to give you the benefit of the doubt but man you make it hard.

You're correct that the situation is a mess but get your hands on a game that's setup right and you will find an absolutely brilliant addition to Pinball.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Before I even waste more time with you - have you played a fully functioning alien? .

Are you kidding? Is there such a thing?

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes there is! But it's not really that interesting.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I can tell you from months of first hand experience as an owner - YES!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Story checks out. The fact it lasted months vs. days in your collection is actually a pretty glowing endorsement!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Odd, I don't see it in your collection. Did you sell it already? I would love to play one. Saw them in Chicago in OCT 2016. Each time I went to play them they had techs working on them or they were turned off. I like the theme, like the way it looks but have concerns about support from mfg. Glad you got or had a good one.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Didn't you sell your Alien dude? Surely it cant be all that if its not bolted to your floor like my grail themes/games are?

I also feel the same about Maiden but honestly keep that shit to yourself otherwise its just crapping on others dream/grail theme.

I am pretty certain I am going to add Maiden to my collection just from a physical pinball perspective whether I am a fan of the music or not (which I ain't) doesn't matter because as a pin it looks insanely good! Just need to see the premium first before deciding if I go Pro or Prem, but as a physical pin, which is what we are all in this hobby for the physical game itself, this thing could play Brittany Spears and I would still by it

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn't you sell your Alien dude? Surely it cant be all that if its not bolted to your floor like my grail themes/games are?

That's my feeling as well. When I get a truly IMO amazing game, it stays for years, whereas when I get a game that gets old fast, its gone in months. I think Alien looks like a fun and immersive game, which I have had been on pre-order for years now, but I wouldn't call someone that dumped it after a few months a credible source of praise.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Same position here. Love the game, impressed with some of the improvements to the BOM Stern has made for the Pro, etc. but still worried about the possibility of prevalent insert crazing, chippy clear-coat, ghosting, cabinet splitting, *sigh*...

They raised the price to 5700 for pros now tho... so the small things they use to include at 4600 are now 1k more lol.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I also feel the same about Maiden but honestly keep that shit to yourself otherwise its just crapping on others dream/grail theme.
I am pretty certain I am going to add Maiden to my collection just from a physical pinball perspective whether I am a fan of the music or not (which I ain't) doesn't matter because as a pin it looks insanely good! Just need to see the premium first before deciding if I go Pro or Prem, but as a physical pin, which is what we are all in this hobby for the physical game itself, this thing could play Brittany Spears and I would still by it

Bolted to my floor doesn't exist in my Pinball world. I'll just admit that right now. It was my favorite of all my games though.

#81 6 years ago

Just played a bunch of Maiden at Marvin's. Totally awesome!! Like a cross between Ripleys and Black Knight 2000. Speed and shot choice. Man, this game is hot!!

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This pin is such a travesty b.c everything about it is really good (layout is awesome, effects are even good) but holy __ that music is terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if Geico used their music in one of their commercials it's that embarrassing. I understand Europe and other countries outside of the good ol USA love them but good lord, what a terrible soundtrack.
As opposed to the MET retheme that is GOTG, I would actually encourage Stern to retheme this layout b/c it's awesome. It's hard to watch the videos b/c the music is so bad. Yes - I can prob put my own music in it and honestly, that's the only way it would get into my house - it might actually work out better than I think! God bless that pinbrowser software.

CONGRATULATIONS ! You've joined a very exclusive club !

congrats (resized).jpgcongrats (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Just played a bunch of Maiden at Marvin's. Totally awesome!! Like a cross between Ripleys and Black Knight 2000. Speed and shot choice. Man, this game is hot!!

Told you its a winner. Congrats on your order.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

CONGRATULATIONS ! You've joined a very exclusive club !

» YouTube video

Yeah I pretty much put that on myself by comparing it to your garbage bc now it's just a numbers thing and people who just love IM. Although it's good to see you close your mouth about that bonehead comment you made before. Smart move. I stand by that this game could be so much better if the music was different and you won't see me editing anything about it either.... I just hope spike2 gets support.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah I pretty much put that on myself by comparing it to your garbage bc now it's just a numbers thing although it's good to see you close your mouth about that comment now. smart move. I stand by that this game could be so much better You won't see me editing anything about it either....

What are you even going on about.?I said all I needed to say in that topic. I could have easily edited my comment when the down votes came, but I stick to my guns.

#86 6 years ago

Played it last night at MGC VIG Party, by 11pm I think there might have been more Iron Maidens there than people. After playing on 5 different games I found one that was dialed in and there I sat, uninterrupted for an hour. I did notice some of the tables were experiencing some pretty bad ball jumping, but this one didn't. Great game.. My best score was 212 million.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Does Pinbrowser work with Spike 2

I'm 45 and I remember Iron Maiden and always thought the art was cool, but I couldn't tell you one song. I was busy listening to Depeche Mode and other New Wave music. With Pinball Browser I could make this game play any song you wanted, see my work on Walking Dead and GOTG. I've also done dozens of weird requested mixups with Metallica, Aerosmith, and other SAM, Spike 1, and Spike 2 games.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm 45 and I remember Iron Maiden and always thought the art was cool, but I couldn't tell you one song. I was busy listening to Depeche Mode and other New Wave music. With Pinball Browser I could make this game play any song you wanted, see my work on Walking Dead and GOTG. I've also done dozens of weird requested mixups with Metallica, Aerosmith, and other SAM, Spike 1, and Spike 2 games.

Could Iron Maiden : Slayer edition, be far behind?

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:Deleted post

What would be the top 3 albums they released? Maybe I'll give them a listen.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

- Number of the Beast
- Powerslave
- 7th Son of a 7th Son

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

1.) Number of the Beast
2.) Piece of Mind
3.) Iron Maiden

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

What would be the top 3 albums they released?

None

lol

#94 6 years ago

Top three albums in game right now.
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave

#95 6 years ago

Live after death is a great album.

782398F3-B31D-485E-93F8-2DE04A217121 (resized).jpeg782398F3-B31D-485E-93F8-2DE04A217121 (resized).jpeg

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Iron maiden
A real live one
Number of the beast

#97 6 years ago

Why don’t you and delt get a room already? I’ll never understand people’s need to piss in other people’s cereal. You don’t like their music? Cool, move the f on and leave those that do alone so we can enjoy a pin we all willed into existence. Up The Irons.

040804CF-B342-4CB8-8219-439663406A54 (resized).jpeg040804CF-B342-4CB8-8219-439663406A54 (resized).jpeg

#98 6 years ago

PW79 must have a really fucking boring life. I agree, move on.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Why don’t you and delt get a room already? I’ll never understand people’s need to piss in other people’s cereal. You don’t like their music? Cool, move the f on and leave those that do alone so we can enjoy a pin we all willed into existence. Up The Irons.

I do really dig the art though.....that mummy gives me vibes of the thundercats villan (mumra) before he transforms....

ComplicatedAstonishingHoneyeater-max-1mb (resized).pngComplicatedAstonishingHoneyeater-max-1mb (resized).png

#100 6 years ago

I love the passion, you guys have and am happy you're getting your rock dream theme pin. I'll give 3 albums a few listens. I do think their artwork has always been amazing and engaging. Maybe I can re-theme it to Def Leppard, I loved all of their early albums

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden/page/2?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.