(Topic ID: 154618)

Iron Maiden & Zombie Yeti = Perfection!

By thedarkknight77

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What would you do for a Zombie Yeti - Iron Maiden pin!”

• I would steal my grandfather's coin collection to raise the funds. 11 votes
      21%
    • Sell my super hot wife to the highest bidder on pinside. 3 votes
      6%
    • Undo Keneda's pinside ban. 20 votes
      38%
    • Nothing, I hate Maiden, I am hoping Stern hires him for the top secret "Legends of Country" pin. 18 votes
      35%

(52 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    CAM01602.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Ok my Maiden brothers, we know Stern has the license and we know Yeti is the man that will get it done right. If Stern doesn't put him on the project, we only have ourselves to blame! We are the Customer, it's time to blow it up! I don't want Jeremy's talent getting wasted on some "shit show" title like "Golden Girls Reunion", while Maiden gets the GOT treatment. Maiden will be a dream come true for many of us and we need to ensure it gets done right......I will f'king kill myself if they blow it! In Zombie Yeti we trust! Up with the Irons boys!

#2 8 years ago

Oh shit! I spelled Kaneda's name wrong in the poll!

#3 8 years ago

Where is the poll option to have the original iron maiden artist do the pin?

#4 8 years ago

I bet it will be Stern's best seller ever!

#5 8 years ago

Disagree. Yea while Z Yeti is great, iron maiden already has an artist and several art assets that can be used probably without any artist at all. Iron maiden really needs to have the Derek Riggs art - that's its staple. If I can toss something together that looks decent with my horrible skills (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rolling-stones-to-iron-maiden-project), I imagine with real licensed assets and some talent, something incredible can be put together.

#6 8 years ago

Iron maiden is Derek Riggs. The end, period.
    Yeti is great but this is non debatable. Then again Metallica is pusshead in my eyes. I still wish he had done that instead of Donny.

#7 8 years ago

I think he can do em justice

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#8 8 years ago

I'll be selling my hot wife for this one. One look at my Pops shirt here and you'll see that I come from a long line of pimps.
    CAM01602.jpgCAM01602.jpg

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Yep Eddie needs to look original and not all cartooney. But we also don't want photoshopped Eddie everywhere. Riggs can do original hand drawn art for this please.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

we know Stern has the license

Is this really true, or simply speculation?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'll be selling my hot wife for this one. One look at my Pops shirt here and you'll see that I come from a long line of pimps.
    CAM01602.jpg

Ha...Olan Mills...my mom used to drag me and my sisters to the mall every year for an Olan Mills 19.95 portrait

#12 8 years ago

You got it Cosmo...Glamour Shots couldn't wipe Olan Mills' ass with a Costco 100 pack of Charmin.
    Maybe Gary should have Olan Mills photoshop Riggs' work...

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

I agree, Mr Riggs would be amazing, but I thought someone said he is no longer the artist for Maiden???

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I agree, Mr Riggs would be amazing, but I thought someone said he is no longer the artist for Maiden???

He is not, for quite some time, maybe over 2 decades now....

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Is this really true, or simply speculation?

True. Verified by Maiden's licensing firm.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

image.jpeg

I think that photo is a perfect example of why he is the wrong guy for the job. First, the colors are just way off. The color palette he chooses are great for Popadiuk games and other things but not for iron maiden.

#17 8 years ago

We're blood brothers bring it on.

#19 8 years ago

The chances of custom art from Riggs are practically zero. Therefore, I'd rather have a nice mixture of his pre-existing art than a substitute artist doing custom stuff. They never get Eddie quite right. Markmon's project is a proof this can be done and look outstanding.

#20 8 years ago

My money is on dirty Donny doing the art

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I think that photo is a perfect example of why he is the wrong guy for the job. First, the colors are just way off. The color palette he chooses are great for Popadiuk games and other things but not for iron maiden.

First off, great job Mark on your Maiden conversion, I think you would do a great job with an existing style guide for Stern, that being said, are you completely forgetting how Stern has managed to f'ck up every imaginable title with a great existing image portfolio??? The issue at Stern is art direction, not content! Jeremy is way more diverse as an artist than you are giving him credit for. Honestly I trust his art direction, I don't care if it's hand drawn or existing Maiden images, I want someone who understands composition and what is "cool"..........Yeti gets it!

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

image.jpeg

I don't want an Iron Maiden pin using the color pallet from a little girls bedroom.

#23 8 years ago

There are lots of great artists in the world, but only Riggs can **do** Maiden's style.

It's fun to see interpretations like ZY's, and that poster would be cool to have, but there is 40 years of Maiden's existing art to draw from for a pin.

If Stern Fncks the art up on a Maiden pin......pinball is doomed.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

there is 40 years of Maiden's existing art to draw from for a pin.
    If Stern Fncks the art up on a Maiden pin......pinball is doomed.

You sound so sure...remember you are proposing a Stern clip art game. Any one of them better than MET or GB art? There was plenty of source material for XM and SM too.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

There was plenty of source material for XM and SM too.

The movie studios nowadays do not want you creating your own art, so they supply you an art style book to work from. That way there is a unified style across all media.

GB is so old, I could not even find a style book for it (it may have come out before books were common).

As far as GB backglass goes, I would have rather had some photoshopped faces from the movie, than those puckered in drawn faces.....

#26 8 years ago

Derrick Riggs art is maiden! I do like zombie yeti art and it's great, but maiden fans want the og art style.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

You sound so sure...remember you are proposing a Stern clip art game. Any one of them better than MET or GB art? There was plenty of source material for XM and SM too.

Xmen actually looks really good.

#29 8 years ago

so who are the ones that have the super hot wives they are willing to sell?

1 year later
    #30 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I bet it will be Stern's best seller ever!

Global sales should be up there with Metallica and AC/DC.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Derrick Riggs art is maiden! I do like zombie yeti art and it's great, but maiden fans want the og art style.

Agree, and the band owns the art.
    The Trooper is still a huge seller alone.
    I would hope licensing keeps original art to BG and cab. Yeti for the Playfield.

#32 6 years ago

I am breaking out the NIB money for two pins in 2018, ACDC Luci and Maiden! I haven’t bought a NIB in 2 years. If they nail the layout and rules, this will be huge!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-zombie-yeti-perfection?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.