(Topic ID: 217401)

Iron Maiden: What do you do when your dream theme is a letdown?

By TOK

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RJL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
6011D0FE-2F9B-4A63-A293-70B73B56FC60 (resized).jpeg
F204188A-B709-4833-8CE7-A180239B4695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4631 (resized).JPG
IMG_4633 (resized).JPG
ron-burgundy-glass-case-of-emotion (resized).jpg
3945C0B7-2F7E-499A-943B-94306B5397AE (resized).jpeg
point-counter-point-SNL (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TOK:

All I've wanted for the last 5 years is this theme. I've loved the band since I was a kid, and watched games like Metallica (another dream theme of mine) turn out to be spectacular. I've now played Iron Maiden a bunch of times, and the playfield feels empty. A couple of paper thin plastic Eddies, an anti-climactic center shot and a half sized flipper that doesn't add up to much of anything.
I decided to give it more of a chance after the initial disappointment of playing it at Allentown, then found it on location in Philly. $25 later it still just feels kind of lame and I'm really bummed about that. My wife lost her mind over AC/DC Luci at Allentown, and I actually find myself agreeing with her after playing both side-by-side. I know I'm comparing a Premium to a Pro, but the Iron Maiden Premium still doesn't seem to compete. Didn't think I'd be saying this in a million years, but it looks like AC/DC is the next game in the lineup. What a fumble.

Look uh, don’t take this the wrong way, but how much did you have to drink when you played it? I would give it another try if I were you

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from perryd:

maybe not. I have only put about half dozen games on it and I didn't think it was the greatest game ever....Sorry. I know I need to put more games on it however to see how well I like it. I just think I had very high expectations after reading everyone else's review on it and when I first played it, it was somewhat of a let down...

What’s your #1? Maybe it’s “too much” ?

#22 1 year ago

I figured it out - he played This Stern Maiden:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1270

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

The kids on the school bus wearing Iron Maiden shirts used to throw salami sandwiches at my “Depeche Mode” Head. I can still feel the mustard crusted in my hair. Placed an order for a IM premium yesterday

That is a good story! I’d buy this game even if it was a Depeche Mode theme!

4 months later
#234 1 year ago
Quoted from RJL:

I saw Iron Maiden live at the Cleveland Agora when I was a kid. They were OK, i never became a fan. Played the game at a local vendor's open house and had to have it. Now I can't get the songs out of my brain.

What happened at that show? That must have been a disaster for you to say “they were OK...”.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside