Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would get your money?”

• Archer 163 votes
      59%
    • Iron Maiden 115 votes
      41%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

revengeofthenerds (resized).jpg
    D68F7C6B-6730-4480-B67F-630B1F984C8E (resized).png
    b30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Metal+plane_71f1d6_6411693 (resized).jpg
    Ar1 (resized).png
    c76478e353f8f45cc68c4fa77701a474 (resized).jpg
    archershotmap (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I just can't imagine Iron Maiden would sell a ton. I know it has its loyal fan base, but it is a small fan base and then combine that with a small hobby and I just can't see this thing selling 1000s of units. I could be wrong, but we will see. The only thing I think that will help it is if Keith totally nails the layout and the code is amazing.

I think it will sell well to Europe and some vocal, hardcore fans in the US, but I don't think the average person who isn't necessarily a pinball fan is going to care at all. Everyone knows AC/DC, Metallica and KISS songs...you can't avoid some of them for the most part even if you wanted to. IM was never played on the radio in the US and just doesn't have that same kind of exposure as those other groups. I would bet the vast majority of potential customers walking into an establishment that has an IM couldn't name a single IM song. Some may have heard Run To The Hills, but they wouldn't know it's an IM song off the top of their head. I already know that one of the main operators here locally that buys every new Stern release is out on IM. If it is a great game, pinball fans will play it, but he makes his money on casual customers and IM doesn't cater to that group, especially since he has other pinball options there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-vs-archer?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.