Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would get your money?”

• Archer 163 votes
      59%
    • Iron Maiden 115 votes
      41%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

revengeofthenerds (resized).jpg
    D68F7C6B-6730-4480-B67F-630B1F984C8E (resized).png
    b30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Metal+plane_71f1d6_6411693 (resized).jpg
    Ar1 (resized).png
    c76478e353f8f45cc68c4fa77701a474 (resized).jpg
    archershotmap (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Okay so the rumour mill seems pretty confident that Stern Iron Maiden is a retheme of Elwins orginal Archer pinball design.

Now I don’t want to upset the loyal fans. However I’m truly curious how relevant Iron Maiden is as a theme rather then Stern actually doing an Archer theme pinball.

Personally I love Archer plus Zen pinball found the theme relevant enough to release as a digital table. So the question is would the majority of Pinball buyers on Pinside lay down money for Iron Maiden or would Stern have been smarter to actually go with an Archer pinball?

#83 6 years ago

Great to read everyone’s feedback on this poll.

While the actual votes are pretty close, the Maiden fans do seem to be more passionate in their responses. So maybe Stern is on point with their theme selection, particularly if they want to move 500+ Le’s.

If it’s a great shooting game with good rules I don’t think theme really matters that much for the pro and even premium buyers. However for Le sales I think theme does play a much bigger role in the purchase decision.

From the pinside feedback I would say Iron Maiden as a theme sells more Le’s and at a quicker pace. Looking at overall sales and even potential coin drop on location I think Archer would hold its own and may be an even more desirable theme then Maiden.

Personally I voted Archer, only because I think Pinball in general benifits from humour being incorporated into the game. Archer might not be the right title to reintroduce some light hearted fun into the hobby , as it is a rather niche and very adult theme, maybe Deadpool will fill this void.

Either way here’s hoping Keith and the whole Stern team knocks this one out of the park.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SimonBaird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-vs-archer?tu=SimonBaird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.