Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which theme would get your money?”

• Archer 163 votes
      59%
    • Iron Maiden 115 votes
      41%

(278 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

revengeofthenerds (resized).jpg
    D68F7C6B-6730-4480-B67F-630B1F984C8E (resized).png
    b30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Metal+plane_71f1d6_6411693 (resized).jpg
    Ar1 (resized).png
    c76478e353f8f45cc68c4fa77701a474 (resized).jpg
    archershotmap (resized).jpg
    There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

5 Years from now...........”Who is Archer?”
    50 Years from now...........”Iron Maiden Rocks!”

Good point, maybe 15 years from now.

#102 6 years ago

Whats happening here?

#103 6 years ago

How about we call it NOTARCHER?

#104 6 years ago

How big is Iron Maiden?

Metal+plane_71f1d6_6411693 (resized).jpgMetal+plane_71f1d6_6411693 (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago

The way I look at it is that I would much rather have Archer, but IMa is fine too. You know the artwork will be great on IMa. If it's a great shooting game too, you could always buy one and substitute all of the music. Then you have a game with great art and great music. Archer would basically be Archer. People who don't know or like the theme could not easily get around it by subbing music files. Sort of like putting Shrek software in Family Guy doesn't change the fact that it is a Family Guy.

#106 6 years ago

Why not do both, like fgy and shrek. Exact same game with different art. Then its a win win. Archer would get my money though. So much material to work with there.
    Laugh out loud funny.
    Plus its tough to beat Metallica and acdc for music pins and both can be had right now.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

How big is Iron Maiden?

Wow it's almost like you need a bigger plane for all the band members, crew, musical & stage equipment...crazy.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow it's almost like you need a bigger plane for all the band members, crew, musical & stage equipment...crazy.

That Bruce Dickenson flies between the shows.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

That Bruce Dickenson flies between the shows.

and...?

#110 6 years ago

And nothing. It's just cool.

#111 6 years ago

Neither Archer nor Iron Maiden hold up to Bob's Burgers. Plus we're getting a feature movie in a few years.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

IM is a dream theme for me. LE already reserved.

I don't follow the rumor mill, but did Stern say they were making an Iron Maiden machine? I would assume so, because you can't reserve something that doesn't yet exist.

I just haven't seen anything anywhere.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I don't follow the rumor mill, but did Stern say they were making an Iron Maiden machine? I would assume so, because you can't reserve something that doesn't yet exist.
    I just haven't seen anything anywhere.

I believe Gomez called it "Titanium Man" with a *wink, wink* at a TPF presentation.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

Neither Archer nor Iron Maiden hold up to Bob's Burgers. Plus we're getting a feature movie in a few years.

Make it happen Hank! Bob's Burger's would be the funniest pin of all time!

Another idea is doing a Family Guy/Shrek and making both a Bob's Burger's and Archer pin with the same layout. Stern could hire H. Jon Benjamin to do the callouts for both

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's not. Like everything else about Bruce Dickenson it sucks.

That guy is such an unbelievable wanker.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not. Like everything else about Bruce Dickenson it sucks.
    That guy is such an unbelievable wanker.

And why do you think so?

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

The only thing cooler than commercial airline pilots are fencers. Do you think John Travolta ever Co pilots that thing? OMG I can't think of anything cooler!1!

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

And why do you think so?

Just go to an Iron Maiden show.

People whine about Bono. I can't get through his awful stand up comedian act for 3 minutes.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The only think cooler than commercial airline pilots are fencers. Do you think John Travolta ever Co pilots that thing? OMG I can't think of anything cooler!1!

The owner of CPR is a commercial pilot, He's super cool!!!

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

The owner of CPR is a commercial pilot, He's super cool!!!

His plane is probably just as big as EF1 to store all the PFs Stu stashes away to sell later.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

His plane is probably just as big as EF1 to store all the PFs Stu stashes away to sell later.

Bwahahaha! Hope he's got a few I'm looking for!

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just go to an Iron Maiden show.
    People whine about Bono. I can't get through his awful stand up comedian act for 3 minutes.

So everybody has an opinion. But in my opinion Bruce Dickinson is perhaps one of the most intelligent frontmans of any band. He has a brilliant mind. I would like to have more humans like him on this earth. Sure he is an artist and a dreamer but he also is someone that knows what he talks about and someone that tries to find practical solutions and creative ways to make the world a better place.

And he connects these ideas to his music, where he covers the danger and fascination of airships:

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

So everybody has an opinion.

Indeed, but beware the trolling.. its been full throttle in the Maiden threads. Don't take the bait. I admit to being suckered in a few times already.

Up the irons.

#124 6 years ago

I would simply not be interested in an archer pinball other than to put my quarters in.

That is just me. I prefer iron maiden as a theme there is no comparison.

Not to say I don't love my animation. I love aqua teen hunger force.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#125 6 years ago

Iron Maiden had some ok metal... in the 80's. Archer was a legit homebrew pin. Neither currently have anything to do with each other beyond internet rumor mill troll threads.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Iron Maiden had some ok music... in the 80's. Archer was a legit home-brew pin. Neither have anything to do with each other beyond internet rumor mill trolling threads.

Except the layout will be almost identical.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Iron Maiden had some ok metal... in the 80's.

Ok Metal? wow. I love the 80's Maiden up to and including powerslave then it went the way of Eurotrash, soccer metal but Stern might pull it off, as for the cartoons for adults thats just not going to happen and man am I glad. I'm gonna have to wait to see what the Brian Eddy design is all about before buying anything else.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

So everybody has an opinion. But in my opinion Bruce Dickinson is perhaps one of the most intelligent frontmans of any band. He has a brilliant mind. I would like to have more humans like him on this earth. Sure he is an artist and a dreamer but he also is someone that knows what he talks about and someone that tries to find practical solutions and creative ways to make the world a better place.
    » YouTube video
    And he connects these ideas to his music, where he covers the danger and fascination of airships:
    » YouTube video

What was that? a 18 minute song? Once the vocals started I was out, but the musical intro was not bad. I have no idea how someone could listen to that for 18 minutes.

The guy does seem to be a very business savvy intelligent guy which I appreciate.

#129 6 years ago

Possible reveal happening next weekend at Stern Pro Circuit Finals
    https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156362080184244/

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

» YouTube video
    » YouTube video

Plus he hates Sharon Osbourne, so we can be decidedly sure that he is at least a thinking human

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

How big is Iron Maiden?

There is an economic reason for the leased 747-400, as with most successful bands, the band and significant others fly private, the rest of the crew and equipment fly commercial or the stuff gets sent via a cargo carrier. This way the whole crew and equipment go on one aircraft. He probably wanted to log some hours on as PIC. He's an avid aviator. Besides to get trained on a 747 is crazy expensive.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Plus he hates Sharon Osbourne, ...

See, now this is actual stuff you can use to say he's a decent dude. Thank you.

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Possible reveal happening next weekend at Stern Pro Circuit Finals
    https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156362080184244/

They couldn't have done it 1 week earlier at TPF?

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

umm...it appears no. Or was that rhetorical?

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Iron Maiden had some ok metal... in the 80's. Archer was a legit homebrew pin. Neither currently have anything to do with each other beyond internet rumor mill troll threads.

Actually they are directly connected by sharing a playfield layout designed by Keith. That fact makes this thread legit, while making it apparent that yours is the troll post.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

im sure they could have but looks like they wanted the spotlight all to themselves as well as help showcase their stern pro tour finals and the ifpa head to head tournament.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Actually they are directly connected by sharing a playfield layout designed by Keith. That fact makes this thread legit, while making it apparent that yours is the troll post.

Directly connected? I can list 20 games that have nearly identical layouts. Means nothing.

What source do you have that says Keith is designing anything at all that is resembling Archer?

Let’s take a step back though...

Nothing has been announced regarding what Stern employeees are designing next, right?

Never let the facts get in the way of a good news story or rumor thread. You guys are hillarious but I do hope all your dreams come true.

#138 6 years ago

The original Archer layout, when it was still Dinos vs Monster Trucks

b30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12.jpgb30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12.jpg

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Maybe they actually couldn’t. You have no idea what their licensing agreement or engineering timeline was.

Or maybe they want to showcase it on the stern circuit finals stream to draw traffic.

Or maybe they just wanted to piss off pinside. Either way I’m good.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Let’s take a step back though...

Yes, in a few weeks when you see the game it will all be clear. There sure are a lot of troll threads on Pinside, but this is not one of them. This thread is based on a poorly kept secret that has become common knowledge.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe they actually couldn’t. You have no idea what their licensing agreement or engineering timeline was.
    Or maybe they want to showcase it on the stern circuit finals stream to draw traffic.
    Or maybe they just wanted to piss off pinside. Either way I’m good.

Either way I'm good also, but sure would have been some good marketing time. I will never buy a NIB stern ever again anyway so does not matter. Stern just does things differently. I don't think they give 2 craps what anyone thinks or wants. I kind of like it because I think that way.

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

According to google trends, Archer is currently twice as popular. Although both are non-existent on trends compared to game of thrones, star wars, or walking dead.

it would be interesting to know which one is more popular among the demographics that buy pinball machines.
    also, searchs (google trends) dosn't equal popularity.
    I'd bet Iron Maiden can do preeeeety good.

#143 6 years ago

Has anyone given a thought that there may be some behind the scenes agreements going on between the vendors when it comes to announcements and marketing? It happens in other industries so why not pinball? A week after TPF they're ready to announce? Hmmmm

#144 6 years ago

What if Stern released this game with 2 different themes...IM and Archer? Kinda like Family Guy/Shrek, but with simultaneous production and release. Seems like they would sell significantly more games that way, since the themes don’t seem to have much crossover, in terms of fan interest. Put me down for an Archer!

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The original Archer layout, when it was still Dinos vs Monster Trucks

Why did they use a shadow plastic?

D68F7C6B-6730-4480-B67F-630B1F984C8E (resized).pngD68F7C6B-6730-4480-B67F-630B1F984C8E (resized).png

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from fantarama:

it would be interesting to know which one is more popular among the demographics that buy pinball machines.

Isn't that what the poll above is showing? That Archer is more popular 57% to 43% currently?

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Isn't that what the poll above is showing? That Archer is more popular 57% to 43% currently?

I know people who play and buy pinball that don't come to pinside.

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

That Archer is more popular 57% to 43% currently?

Well ofcourse it is, this is a pinball site. The vast majority of pinsiders fall into this category.

revengeofthenerds (resized).jpgrevengeofthenerds (resized).jpg

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

what that poll is showing is that every fan of Archer in this site would love to see an Archer pinball.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Why did they use a shadow plastic?

because that his Keiths homebrew version of the game and he used whatever he had on hand before he fabbed his own plastics for Archer.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-vs-archer/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.