Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pipoufle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 3 years ago

Hello,
On my Iron Maiden Premium, NIB, I have an issue with the sarcophagus lock.
The first time I light the MUMMY letters, the ramp diverter opens and I can send a ball into the sarcophagus. The screen animation for the first lock is displayed.
Then, the sarcophagus goes completely down and release the ball into the "underworld" scoop, which eject it. The ball is not kept into the sarcophagus
At this stage, the MUMMY letters remain lighted (solid) and the ramp diverter opened. If the ball takes the ramp, it goes again into the sarcophagus, then to the scoop.
I tested the switches : they all work well, however the #40 detection time is very short. I don't know if it should last longer.
I tested the motors also : they all work perfectly. However, for the sarcophagus, the positions 64 and 65 are not corresponding to any phase I saw during my games.

#2 3 years ago

Recently had this same issue. For me it was the bracket that the switches were mounted to. It was loose inside the sarcophagus causing the switches to shift out of place and thus not register at times causing your exact issue as described. Once I tightened that bracket down and made sure the switches were no longer getting hung up it works like a charm for me.

To tighten them I had to take the bullseye ramp off as well as the guide on the left side of the ramp (one screw atop the playfield and 2 nuts below the playfield if I recall). I could then use a stubby phillips screwdriver to tighten the switch bracket on the right side of the sarcophagus.

If this isn't your issue the other solution is to replace the switches there with the kind with rollers: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5119-02

Good luck!

#3 3 years ago

Thanks ! I took your idea and I noticed that the ball was not pressing properly the switch, as if it was not enough heavy. By just adjusting a bit the switch with a clamp in the sarcophagus, it seems to work know. Sometimes, in multiplayer, the sarcophagus seems to "forget" that he has a ball in, and he is looking for it... But maybe by making additional adjustments...
Otherwise, I like your idea of replacement; but the link seems not good though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-sarcophagus-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.