4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Snailman
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Congrats! I rented a Maiden Pro to add to my collection during COVID... I've gotten to Tomb #9 thus far. SOooo close.
I only had two of the Level 2 Eddies, so it left me with three. And I was missing two Shards. I got one of them replaying a mode, and tried going for a Level 3 mystery to get my last shard, but failed.

Unfortunately, Mummy SJP (and 2x SJP for level 2) is more difficult on the pro -- no single-ball Mummy play for me.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Is it set up to stage the left flippers?

Indeed and agreed. I use staging constantly on that flipper during all multiballs, and especially to open up the L orbit spinner shot for switch hits for next Mummy JP.

#8 4 years ago

Run to the Hills... achieved! Great feeling. Caught fire and got 4/5 shards on first attempt, mummy and trooper on first attempt, crushed the beast, and an early 6-way combo. Had zero level 2 Eddies, so I had to grind out drops to get my Mystery Level 3 soul shard on 2nd to last ball, drained. Had RTTH lit before I plunged last ball, and nailed the R orbit before I even validated my playfield.

Now onto trying to get 900M super death blow!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

What settings do you have your pin set to? All defaults?

Yes. Factory defaults. Tilt is tight. Outlane widest on one side, and mid on the other (these were the positions as they came from factory). Sling switches adjusted to much more tight (sensitive) than how they came from factory. And this particular operator (that I rented the Maiden from) has his main flippers "flopped" ever so slightly, making it more difficult to cradle and more difficult to hit central shots.
Last: On thick carpet, so I couldn't even do any death saves.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

And got stuck on Trooper.

Ouch. Sorry, yeah, that’s a new one... Trooper level 1 Sometimes miss after 1 trooper mb, but never two.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Combo scoring starts at 500,000 for a 2-way combo and increases exponentially.

And combo (and super deathblow) scoring gets really juicy when you’re playing your ball that you’ve cashed in Tomb 4. 5x combos and death blows. I’ve gotten the 300M super deathblow, so now I need to get 3x ready, and get the elusive 900M!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How do we get this 900m death blow?

In simple steps!

Quoted from Snailman:

when you’re playing your ball that you’ve cashed in Tomb 4. 5x combos and death blows.

This gets into the nuance -- due to the fact that a qualified 3x PF, and a lit Tomb #4 will both carry between balls, whereas a *collected* Tomb #4 and an *activated* 3x PF do not.

- Qualify Tomb #4, but do NOT collect it.
- get 3x PF ready, but do NOT activate it. (If you drain your non-final ball during this step, your 900M Deathblow is still in play.)
- Collect Tomb #4. (You're now "all in," and if you drain, your chance for 900M Deathblow will be gone.)
- Complete a 6-way combo, with one of the ramps as the final 6th shot.
- Use the ramp return to go over your lit inlane to activate 3x PF.
- Cash in your Super Deathblow at either the Revive spinner or the Bulls-eye target (must be the true center of the bulls-eye).

Normal Deathblows re-award the same value as your highest Combo award of that Combo sequence, if the deathblow shot is hit as final shot of the sequence.
But Super Deathblows give 3x of a normal Deathblow.

A 6-way combo awards 20M as its 6th shot award.
Having Tomb #4 gives 5x that, so 100M as 6th combo shot award.
Finishing the sequence with a Super Deathblow gives 3x 100M = 300M.
If you have 3x PF running, then you get the massive 900M.
And don't forget that on your way to the 900M, you also scored at least another 190M in 5x Combos on your way there (without 3x PF).
(2.5M + 5M + 10M + 25M + 50M + 100M)

Tomb #4 is, by far, the most lucrative scoring opportunity in the game. It's untimed and unlimited, but similar to Stern POTC Max Jackpots award, it's only valid for THAT ball.

#20 4 years ago

Think it will be a very long time for me but it's a great goal to aim for.

It's a really cool shot-maker type of combo system. Very different from most other machines combo rules on short timers to reward flow play.
You can certainly do the 6-way in complete "flow," but because some of those shots are so tight, and missing is so punishing... I find myself taking it slow & steady... using drop catches, ski jumps, and a loop pass to get control between every shot except for the L orbit to Big Loop combo.

#22 4 years ago

More chance I can get the 6 way combo but getting the 900m super death blow is another thing altogether!

Oh, and one other thing: just like any other tall task in Maiden that requires completion -- and not just starting (like Mummy MB SJP, completing Rime and Aces, etc.), it's best to throw in a both-sides-lit Revive to improve your chances. Optimal is to light Revive between Steps 2 & 3.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So what shot are you guys beginning and ending your combos with?

I try to start with either the mini loop or right orbit + mini loop as they are the hardest shots for me.

Same. I like to end with a ramp shot, because it gives me the option to activate a PFx immediately prior to cashing in the Super Deathblow. From the ramp shot feed, if it's the L ramp, then I'll take the bulls-eye shot on the fly, because I'm pretty dialed in on the center bulls-eye on the fly from the L flipper. If it's the right ramp, I'll either ski jump it or post-catch the feed to get control before shooting the bulls-eye or Revive spinner.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

do you have to collect the 6-way as a super death blow i.e. captive ball or target?

No. You do not need to collect a deathblow or super deathblow to get the Tomb Treasure for the 6-way combo. The deathblow is just for style points.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

and the 6-way combo value on screen.

The six-neck guitar display is hilariously awesome.
I do wish that the audio guitar riff that accompanies each successful combo went up in pitch/intensity for each higher level of combo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-run-to-the-hills-achieved?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.