Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AD85C3B8-31AD-4652-AA91-3DBB77306435 (resized).jpeg
C450288C-2176-4C4A-BDE7-4673D23D2EF2 (resized).jpeg
FEA4F7D8-8AD7-462B-AB56-252E79FC0247 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Not sure what's going on but can anyone help?

My top RHS flipper makes this thud sound while playing. more so than the other flippers??

Hopefully this video explains and shows what I mean. Just started happening!

#3 5 years ago

Did you try pushing your pf to the left once its down? I noticed that after lifting the pf on mine I would get a noise from the top right flipper when I dropped it back down. If I nudged pf to the left when it was down to get it away from the right side of the cab, the noise seemed to go away.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Did you try pushing your pf to the left once its down? I noticed that after lifting the pf on mine I would get a noise from the top right flipper when I dropped it back down. If I nudged pf to the left when it was down to get it away from the right side of the cab, the noise seemed to go away.

Hmm, ok...will try tonight.

Do you think it might be hitting something on the right side??

#5 5 years ago

I’m having this same issue on mine, the metal flipper plunger stop bracket is vibrating the right metal side rail every time the right flipper is struck and making that thud sound. That’s why when you lift playfield it doesn’t make that sound anymore. Was thinking about putting some dynamat in between the side rail.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from FtWorthPinsider:

I’m having this same issue on mine, the metal flipper plunger stop bracket is vibrating the right metal side rail every time the right flipper is struck and making that thud sound. That’s why when you lift playfield it doesn’t make that sound anymore. Was thinking about putting some dynamat in between the side rail.

Chuck up a photo if you can of what you mean please. I noticed that some screws were needing tightening but didn't want to pull apart the mech.....well...cause I'm lazy....haha

#7 5 years ago

My IM Prem has developed this as well.

Following.....

Later,
EV

#8 5 years ago

See where I have the felt pads (ghetto rigged I know) on the the metal stop bracket on the upper right flipper, it’s touching the right side rail and making the thud sound you hear.

AD85C3B8-31AD-4652-AA91-3DBB77306435 (resized).jpegAD85C3B8-31AD-4652-AA91-3DBB77306435 (resized).jpegC450288C-2176-4C4A-BDE7-4673D23D2EF2 (resized).jpegC450288C-2176-4C4A-BDE7-4673D23D2EF2 (resized).jpegFEA4F7D8-8AD7-462B-AB56-252E79FC0247 (resized).jpegFEA4F7D8-8AD7-462B-AB56-252E79FC0247 (resized).jpeg
#9 5 years ago

Wow! That's really close! This "mod" hehe, has that reduced the noise? I'm guessing yes.

Presume this will have no detrimental effect to the mech if left alone?

#10 5 years ago

The felt pads have helped a little, but still making that thud sound. It’s pretty annoying when you’re playing so need some other sound deading material like Dynamat (haven’t tried it yet). Let me know if you figure something else out?

#11 5 years ago

I think I'm just going to ask FalconPunch to come over and help...seems he won't help in here...hahaha!!

#12 5 years ago

Take a proper video with your playfield up!

8 months later
#13 4 years ago

Mine just started doing this as well. Did anyone ever find a cause and fix for this?

1 year later
#14 2 years ago

Bump, having same issue with thudding upper RH flipper
Anyone figure out a good fix?

#15 2 years ago

thud is the upper RH flipper mech/coil stop (one piece assembly so coil stop is not removable separate from base) is touching the playfield rail, cause could be seasonal change in playfield bow or flipper assembly coil stop fatigue from use, solutions can be: filing away the coil stop metal that is touching the rail, try re-positioning the flipper assembly so the stop does not touch the rail or filing a notch into the rail where the stop touches it

#16 2 years ago

Get out the hammer and start a whacking on that coil bracket. Or, just grind the corner off of it. Only the center is important, LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-rhtf-thud?hl=ftworthpinsider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.