(Topic ID: 217485)

Iron Maiden: Pro vs Premium (now with a poll)

By Hammerhead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 315 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by rwmech5
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Would you buy IMDN Pro or Premium”

• Pro 257 votes
    50%
  • Premium 255 votes
    50%

(512 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

proxy-image.gif
BC510B42-EE9D-4AD7-8E23-5930E9064430 (resized).png
20180901_185537 (resized).jpg
IMG_2628 (resized).PNG
CB2C11F5-4185-4E73-A189-7ED215C7E19D (resized).jpeg
42F19C74-7332-48D7-A706-BD6AD207241A (resized).png
KIMG0200 (resized).JPG
70A49831-401D-4202-9095-5CCE3E83DDDD (resized).jpeg
4CB23F49-7072-4CB5-B4BE-41A2CF4B8CD2 (resized).jpeg
692CC7C3-3E7E-4074-B812-F0C1BAEBF34F (resized).jpeg
B469A92D-DC49-4C86-BC54-1C9DFDE900CE (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180606_082603 (resized).jpg
92081F2B-63CA-4B48-9C3D-ECEB6B259152.jpeg
8B9B02EE-066C-47BE-AB01-071B5E005307.jpeg
E4FCD0E8-FE70-4D45-86DD-891B5073677D (resized).jpeg
IMG_8596 (resized).JPG
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Ok. I’ll talk myself into a pro.

Pro is great!

#252 5 years ago

Both are great, but pleased with my premium purchase. Every time i play a pro now it's a let down.

#253 5 years ago

I still wanted more in game but the different layout is fun, I feel like I play in the middle of thr play field too much.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I own the LE and like it best. That’s called selection bias, or maybe “Pinside bias”... I’ve played the others as well and they are both great. I’d go premium of the three options unless you want to spend $9k on the LE, which is ridiculous. If you want to save money, get the pro! You’ll love it.

Love the LE's, but 9K has come and gone. The Maiden fans who rolled the dice that the LE would be cool were rewarded. Us non-Maiden believers had or still have to pay a premium for an LE. That being said, I am becoming more of a Maiden fan every day, their music fits pinball very well.

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Ok. I’ll talk myself into a pro.

Go premium! The sarcophagus shot up the left ramp impresses me EVERYTIME! Litterally EVERY TIME! I keep on expecting the ball to travel around the ramp when the sarcophagus is ready to be shot only to go oh yeah it disappears back there! That alone is enough for the price of admission. And as was said before the two captive balls are super satisfying and the ramp feel more intuitive. The raising of the ramp is great too.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Go premium! The sarcophagus shot up the left ramp impresses me EVERYTIME! Litterally EVERY TIME! I keep on expecting the ball to travel around the ramp when the sarcophagus is ready to be shot only to go oh yeah it disappears back there! That alone is enough for the price of admission. And as was said before the two captive balls are super satisfying and the ramp feel more intuitive. The raising of the ramp is great too.

Especially good with a shaker as the tomb opens. Also, a subwoofer really enhances the game as well.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Especially good with a shaker as the tomb opens. Also, a subwoofer really enhances the game as well.

Oh yeah I forgot the shaker! Really makes it feel like a big F off head sarcophagus is opening! Dead set awesome!

#258 5 years ago

What is pricing on pro and premium? I definitely won't be paying the big bucks for a LE.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

What is pricing on pro and premium? I definitely won't be paying the big bucks for a LE.

There's around a 1700 difference between the 2. Generally, the premium is 7300 shipped and the pro is 5600. Obviously, there could be a hundred or two variance based on who you're working with.

This argument really comes down to if you are willing to pony up the extra 1700 for the additional features, as I would think most everyone (there's always and exception or two and I'm sure they will chime in here) would take them if the price were equal. You could debate if the captive balls are better or not (I like them) but the tomb lock is one of my favorite features and couldn't imagine the game without it, plus the lifting center ramp give a little for variance to the center shot. I could take or leave the dolls, they do little for me and if I had a pro, I'd be damned if I were to drop 50-100 for one to stick in there. You also get an extra mode, heck I'll take it. Since the extra 1700 isn't going to put me in the poor house, I went with the premium.

#260 5 years ago

I slightly prefer the Premium game play wise with the lock and ramp addition, but speaking purely value for money wise, the Pro is a better deal, IMO.

#261 5 years ago

Gotta lose that yellow t-molding on the Premium, should be blue.

#262 5 years ago

I like the added mechs but hate the Premium art and added price tag. Will prolly go pro...

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Since the extra 1700 isn't going to put me in the poor house, I went with the premium.

Im always in the poor house so i figured that i would just go ahead and go with the Premium and stay there!

#264 5 years ago

pretty amazing that the poll is basically neck and neck...basically says its a coin toss...

#265 5 years ago

I ended up ordering a Pro yesterday. I far prefer the art on the Premium (will be in a line-up anyway) and I do like all of the additional features, but only the sarcophagus lock is really interesting to me and it seems I couldn't justify it (if money didn't make a difference, I see no reason not to go with the premium). Ultimately, both versions look barren, but I have some ideas

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I ended up ordering a Pro yesterday. I far prefer the art on the Premium (will be in a line-up anyway) and I do like all of the additional features, but only the sarcophagus lock is really interesting to me and it seems I couldn't justify it (if money didn't make a difference, I see no reason not to go with the premium). Ultimately, both versions look barren, but I have some ideas

Grab yourself a premium translight and you'll be good to go. Love the pro and plan on going that way, myself.

#267 5 years ago

How about the lighting in the Premium, is it that much better than the Pro? I have a pro now and thinking about upgrading to premium.

#268 5 years ago

So close - both models for the win!

IMG_2628 (resized).PNGIMG_2628 (resized).PNG
#269 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

How about the lighting in the Premium, is it that much better than the Pro? I have a pro now and thinking about upgrading to premium.

The lighting on the Premium is nice. Worth the extra money? No but its definitely nice.

#270 5 years ago

Can I get the Premium playfield in a Pro cabinet?

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The lighting on the Premium is nice. Worth the extra money? No but its definitely nice.

Isn't the lighting the same if you swap in red LEDs in one of the GI strands on the Pro?

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Isn't the lighting the same if you swap in red LEDs in one of the GI strands on the Pro?

I dont really know if it would be exactly the same or not. It would be close for sure. Not sure about the way the lights flash and stuff like that though?

#273 5 years ago

In any case, you know it’s a tight poll when you are down to discussing the value of red LEDs.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

In any case, you know it’s a tight poll when you are down to discussing the value of red LEDs.

Yep i agree. Both models are really good. You cant go wrong either way imo.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont really know if it would be exactly the same or not. It would be close for sure. Not sure about the way the lights flash and stuff like that though?

Isn’t there a color changing beacon in the upper right as well on prem / le?

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Yes Sir there sure is, kinda cool too!

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

YES .... and it tells you what stage of the mode you are in by color

#278 5 years ago

The Pro vs. Premium(for any game) debate could go on and on with so many variables. So what are we trying to figure out here? Which has better game play? Which art do YOU like better? Which one should YOU buy? Is it worth the price difference? All of the above?
It's great to get all of these different views and opinions, but let's take price out of the equation.

Which one would you prefer play if they were side by side?
Which one would you buy if they were both $5600?
Which game is more FUN?

#279 5 years ago

Well, that is kinda the whole question--is the price bump worth the extras on the Premium.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well, that is kinda the whole question--is the price bump worth the extras on the Premium.

Imo it is

#281 5 years ago

Played an LE today. I would never pay the premium for the LE. But the Premium model.. wow, still plays great. The sarcophagus lock really makes A Difference.

#282 5 years ago

I owned a pro for about a month and really enjoyed the game. During that month I was also able to play several games on a friends premium. To my surprise the premium's additional features were more than just eye candy, I felt they added a lot to Iron Maiden's game play. Long story short, I sold my pro to purchase a premium (which arrived yesterday btw).

#283 5 years ago

Premium for the win!!!

#284 5 years ago

Last week I put about 15 games on a friend's premium. Last night I went to a different friend's house and we played his pro for about 3 hours. I will have to admit it was better than I expected a pro to be! I think like others have said in this thread you won't go wrong with any version of this game!

I'm looking for a used game, I am open to either a pro or premium, but it's really going to come down to what is the better deal. I took a good hosing on my Aerosmith premium when I sold it so I might lean a little more towards a pro, but would be happy with either one. IMO the game is begging for side blades and an external sub!

#285 5 years ago

Pro is great, Premium is great, LE is great, Iron Maiden is great.....just buy this damn game because its the best pinball machine that Stern has ever made!

Ive always said that the Pro and the Premium are pretty much equal and i still beleive that for the most part but ive put alot of plays on mine now and im glad that i went with the Premium. Words cannot express how great this game is. If you can afford the extra money get the premium, if you cant buy the pro and you will have a blast playing it!

#286 5 years ago

I have said the theme was the only thing stopping me from jumping on this bandwagon, but I’ve been able tolerate the music more and I’m going to join the premium club! It’s a really unique & fun game. If you like the band it’s a no-brainer, but everyone should give it a chance.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I have said the theme was the only thing stopping me from jumping on this bandwagon, but I’ve been able tolerate the music more and I’m going to join the premium club! It’s a really unique & fun game. If you like the band it’s a no-brainer, but everyone should give it a chance.

I have 6 games....TWD, GB, GOT, AS, MET, and IMDN. Today my uncle who is 72 came over and brought his son in law, and also brought his 3 teenage grandkids. Nobody other than the son in law has even ever heard of Iron Maiden and the 3 kids are super religious and straight laced and don't listen to rock n roll music at all. IMDN by far stold the show and it wasnt even close. These kids were having a blast and hootin and hollering while competing against each other like you wouldn't believe. They didn't mind the Iron Maiden music at all and i had it cranked up and jamming pretty good. IMDN is flat out FUN!!
20180901_185537 (resized).jpg20180901_185537 (resized).jpg

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can I get the Premium playfield in a Pro cabinet?

Same! Love the premium playfield, but prefer the pro cabinet and backglass.

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

Same! Love the premium playfield, but prefer the pro cabinet and backglass.

$100 for the translight and just place it in the middle of a few games.

BC510B42-EE9D-4AD7-8E23-5930E9064430 (resized).pngBC510B42-EE9D-4AD7-8E23-5930E9064430 (resized).png
2 years later
#290 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I sold my DI LE to fund this purchase so it put the "pinball account" in the black. It was an easy decision for me to go premium. I even considered a customized one but that didn't work out. Looks like I might buy some lighting mods and possibly have some powder coating done too.
Big thanks to Melissa at Cointaker for always making purchases a great experience!

Thinking about doing the same, selling my DILE for a premium. Any regrets?

#291 3 years ago

I had the Pre originally and loved it. Sold it just cause it was time and recently grabbed a Pro. The Pro is just fine, the only thing I miss is the art package and thats a very small miss. Still any version of this game is greatness.

#292 3 years ago

I have LE and Premium because that is the game, the pro is slightly cut down.

#293 3 years ago

Easiest decision to get the pro. Losing really nothing besides slightly worse art package. I ended up buying premium translite. You get a lot in the pro and avoid a lot of the problems caused by the premium.

Premium owners will defend no doubt but for me pretty simple choice. There just isn't enough there, not even close to spend the extra money.

#294 3 years ago

I sold my premium for a DILE. Dialed In will stay but now I’m looking for a stock IMDN pro.

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Easiest decision to get the pro. Losing really nothing besides slightly worse art package. I ended up buying premium translite. You get a lot in the pro and avoid a lot of the problems caused by the premium.
Premium owners will defend no doubt but for me pretty simple choice. There just isn't enough there, not even close to spend the extra money.

Nope. LE day one owner. No extra issues and way better gameplay. Pro owners will defend, but of you've got the cash, the mechs are worth it. I've played both extensively.

#296 3 years ago

I own a premium. There are so little toys on this game that the few extra on the pronoun was worth it IMO

Either one is fantastic though.

#297 3 years ago

Same here. I had the Pre with no issues and while I liked the extras especially the art I have a Pro now and its barely noticeable. I mean get the Pre/Le if u want, bottom line its a great thing when a game is so good it really doesn't matter.

#298 3 years ago

I'd keep the DI and look for a pro. The pro has more streamlined game play. I originally was looking for a pro but a very nice prem fell in my lap . There are some things I appreciate like the lighting on FOTD and Mummy MB, the extra madness multiball, and the flip up ramp but I still enjoy playing the pro on location a bunch. Go the Pro and enjoy.

3 months later
#299 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I just did the same thing... I just put a deposit on a Prem. and I've never been a Iron Maidan fan... but playing the Pro at a local pincade had me enjoying the music during game play.... and I think I like the Art and added features of the premium for the money. Mine will be delivered in late July. Thanks willbr3@OldTownPinball

#300 2 years ago

Man I have read through this entire thread like 5 times now and still can't make a decision! Have a pro on order and keep going back and forth whether I should change to a premium. Wife and I are big Maiden fans. I do like the pro art package better, but have not played either game. I'm sure we will be happy either way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pro-vs-premium/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.