• Foo Fighters (Prem) 4 votes
    10%
  • Keep Iron Maiden and get a Foo Fighters(pro) 12 votes
    30%
  • Keep Iron Maiden and get a Foo Fighters(Prem) 8 votes
    20%

(40 votes)

#1 11 months ago

I am considering changing up my pin collection.
I have an Iron Maiden pro- (lots of mods ) and was thinking about trading for a Foo Fighters premium. I have only played FF a handful of times, but really enjoyed the game/flow/rules. I have had Iron Maiden for 3 years or so, it it’s never been a “go to” game for me.

So a couple of questions
Foo Foghters or Iron Maiden? Choose 1 and why.

Foo fighters pro or premium - is it worth the extra $ for the premium or is the pro still a good pin?

What would be a “fair” swap (game +\- $$) and is anyone interested in said swap?

#2 11 months ago

Played a FF LE and felt the upper playfield added nothing to gameplay. Slowed the game down. Just continuous loop shots. The spaceship toy is awesome, but not worth the $2700 upgrade. Someone will make a spaceship mod I am sure.

If you like the band I say go for a pro. I liked the game but not a FF fan. I had a RUSH LE and not a fan of the band so I eventually got rid of it. Great game but not enough to keep it for me and my family, just didn’t care for the music.

But at least FF has a great alien integration to the theme and gameplay. I would do a pro and move IM if you don’t play it much anymore and if not a fan of the band. But if you like the pin and band and can afford FF without selling then keep it.

Imagine if you got rid of IM and go with your first feeling. Would you miss it or regret selling or vice versa.

#3 11 months ago

I’d go with FF pro, the upper playfield doesn’t do anything for me. Plus even though I’m not a big fan of foo fighters music, I much prefer it to Iron Maiden. And like BallyKISS1978 said, having the alien integration works!

#4 11 months ago

Keep Iron Maiden and get a Foo Fighters pro.
Win win.

#5 11 months ago

Thanks for the posts and votes - I played some Iron Maiden today and no question it’s a great game, but (to me) it’s not in league with Jurassic Park or Godzilla. And space is consideration, so…
Also thinking pulp fiction, but that’s for another thread.

#6 11 months ago

I would keep iron Maiden they won't make them forever so I'd guess you will be sitting on a sort after game in years to come. In the meantime grab a foo pro. If you don't like it you will get most of your money back.

Im on a premium foo. I think the extras are worth it. I also have an iron Maiden pro coming in next batch. Both great music pins.

#7 11 months ago

I am picking up an Iron Maiden Pro next week from this last run. I have been on a list for awhile and thought about going with Foo after playing it. After owning for 3 years my opinion might switch to Foo but having limited time on both I gravitated more towards Iron Maiden. I like the layout better than Foo and modes. Really can't lose either way but if you had it for 3 years and getting limited plays might be time for a change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pro-or-foo-fighters-premium- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.