Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by indybru
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hi pinballers, thinking of buying new pinball, got a guy who has Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Star Wars and Munsters. All Pro models. What pinball would you buy? Thinking of Maiden or Deadpool. Any thoughts? I have played Deadpool and Maiden, not the other two.

#2 5 years ago

Just sold my DP, really cool game but Maiden kicks ass above and beyond all of the other titles you mention.. personally, I think Munsters is kinda trash.

Quoted from Chimmen:

Hi pinballers, thinking of buying new pinball, got a guy who has Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Star Wars and Munsters. All Pro models. What pinball would you buy? Thinking of Maiden or Deadpool. Any thoughts? I have played Deadpool and Maiden, not the other two.

#3 5 years ago

I LOVE my Iron Maiden. It’s a shooters game.. and one of sterns best! non pinheads walk away tho. Any of the other games you listed will hold non pinheads attention better I’d bet. So... is it for you or for the family and friends?

#4 5 years ago

It’s for me , and my friends when they come over. Wife hardly never plays, and my two kids don’t like pinball much, they are both 14.

#5 5 years ago

I enjoy Maiden much more than deadpool.

#6 5 years ago

Very tough call, but I’d say Iron Maiden as the rules are more complex and deeper. Both have unique layouts and Deadpool is just a flat out fun shooting game, just not as deep as Maiden,

#7 5 years ago

Take the Maiden and run. I’ve had it for almost a year, still the only thing I wanna play. On track to be my all-time fave.

#8 5 years ago

I dont care for Deadpool so I would go maiden.

#10 5 years ago

Iron Maiden.

#11 5 years ago

Maiden, by a long distance.
    Pro doesnt have any toys but the 4 flippers and lay out is still there.

Played Deadpool and GOTG is a lot better if I decided to go marvel.
    Guardians pro still have most of the toys as the premium .

#12 5 years ago

I think Deadpool has a lot more staying power than Maiden. We have both at work and I own Deadpool at home. I loved Maiden at first, but it's kind of worn off. DP keeps me coming back, interesting layout and fun callouts. So, here's a Deadpool vote.

#13 5 years ago

It’s a big investment so I would recommend you play the other two pins so you have more information.

While not a fan of music pins I think IMDN is one of the best Stern releases over the past few years.

#14 5 years ago

Maiden

#15 5 years ago

Iron Maiden for sure...four flippers and designed by the best player in the world. I have owned it for a year in a larger collection and keep coming back to it.

#16 5 years ago

I think both are fun games but would go with Dead Pool. Each game has a unique layout and satisfying shots. I prefer the way DP shoots due to finding the backboard shot on Iron Maiden rather boring (hit a metal plate and the ball falls down...). I find Iron Maidens animations to be below average and not acceptable for a nearly $6k-$9k product. Animations on DP have a retro look and overall look of higher quality then those on Iron Maiden. Also prefer DP's artwork over Iron Maiden.

#17 5 years ago

Played both. I like Deadpool better. Cool shots and great call outs and music. Picking up a Deadpool this weekend.

#18 5 years ago

Deadpool..easily. I had IM and sold it for dp. Dp s funner, I would say more challenging. Code still has more coming. If your looking at other pros I would like at star wars, Aerosmith or Metallica too.

#19 5 years ago

I’ve played Iron Maiden (and the the other games you mentioned) but bought/own DP (and still love it 4 months later) so my vote would be Deadpool, but like someone else said, play the games. It’s a very personal decision and while I think asking others for advice can be a helpful data point in your decision, nothing beats actually playing the games and deciding which one you like best.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from nicknack66:

I’ve played Iron Maiden (and the the other games you mentioned) but bought/own DP (and still love it 4 months later) so my vote would be Deadpool, but like someone else said, play the games. It’s a very personal decision and while I think asking others for advice can be a helpful data point in your decision, nothing beats actually playing the games and deciding which one you like best.

This is the best advice. I too had to choose and despite happening upon a IM Premium with 30 credits on it at a favored barcade, and thus getting a ton of plays in, I decided on DPLE due to theme. If I have the $$ I'd own both.

#21 5 years ago

I do like them both but I would go iron maiden.

Poll needed perhaps, in the thread.

#22 5 years ago

I'd like to chime in, but I have not played Deadpool yet. Looking forward to playing that one and Munsters.

#23 5 years ago

Iron Maiden without a doubt! Nothing beats the super skill shot. Deadpool can be fun as well, just not as much fun as IMD.

#24 5 years ago

Out of those four I think Deadpool would be my last choice. It's not terrible or anything, just the one I enjoy the least of the four.

#25 5 years ago

Played both a lot and Deadpool premium over anything the newer code is kick ass maiden is just ok really no toys at al

#26 5 years ago

I have maiden and deadpool at home, both are nice, you wont miss you... but for me Deadpool is clearly more fun in a long time that maiden :

- maiden : very good shoots but not deep rules and you must ever do the same things. Ramps and loop.

- deadpool : you have several aims, not ony one. Battle, quests, ninja multi, mechsuit multi, disco loop, disco multi, lil deadpool multi : all that to beat sauron and the vilains AND Mr sinister : ramps, loops, scoop, bumper, multiplier, targets, spinner : all are very important in the game.

And deadpool will be soon updated (and it is already well coded).

So good choice ;o)

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yfichelle:

- maiden : very good shoots but not deep rules and you must ever do the same things. Ramps and loop.
    - deadpool : you have several aims, not ony one. Battle, quests, ninja multi, mechsuit multi, disco loop, disco multi, lil deadpool multi : all that to beat sauron and the vilains AND Mr sinister : ramps, loops, scoop, bumper, multiplier, targets, spinner : all are very important in the game.
    And deadpool will be soon updated (and it is already well coded).
    So good choice ;o)

Good point , maiden is simple to get and layout is great with the 4 flippers as you have control on the top of the playfield.

On the other side I am one of the ones who enjoys complex codes with different shots... still prefer GOTG over deadpool if code is the choise

I prefer maiden over DP, but go play and see what you enjoy the most and completes your collection better.

#28 5 years ago

Iron maiden it's a fun game with very good code deadpool needs work because you can take advantage of the snikt shot and munsters still needs more work on the code.

#29 5 years ago

as you can see its going 50/50.
    pends if you can stand the Iron M music and if you are a skilled player or just a beginner to casual.
    munsters and dead pool have more of a quick fix for non pinheads. Can get multiball fairly easily on either, quick satisfaction.
    iron maiden has shots and rule set geared towards "players" and if you are not an iron maiden music fan, it can hurt your choice.
    if you love their music, it will increase your decision.
    all pends on you.

#30 5 years ago

I've played both at expo and local arcade. First IM won't pass my wife's test for acceptability in our household.

I seem to enjoy dp more I think it's really fun. So I vote for dp.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pro-or-deadpool-pro- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.