(Topic ID: 326211)

Iron Maiden Premiums crappy Red LEDs. Can they be turned off?

By CaptainNeo

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iron maiden premium fixed GIs (resized).jpg
20221122_132548_HDR (resized).jpg
20221122_132553_HDR (resized).jpg
2022 nov 2 iron maidens_n (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

So i've owned Iron Maiden pro for years, since it came out. Great lighting. Everything is white and visible. Recently got a premium in the house to compare the 2 to see if I want to "upgrade". Some of the upgrade features are nice. One of the huge downgrades seem to be, it has Red LED's in the GI's that are on all the time. They don't come on just for modes (which would be acceptable) (Godzilla does). And they don't change to white or change color at all. IS this the way it suppose to be, or is something wrong with my GI's and these are suppose to change color?

Because the red, makes the visibility terrible compared to the pro. Makes the plastics and artwork look like total dogshit overall. Doesn't seem like something keith would do on purpose.

It also had super old code in it when it showed up. The speakers sound like ass compared to the pro version. Didn't have any bass or that deep voice calls, like my pro has. I think it's a software issue. I did upgrade the roms recently, but havnt' got to play it since the upgrade. From what i've seen, the reds still don't change color or turn off during gameplay.

2022 nov 2 iron maidens_n (resized).jpg2022 nov 2 iron maidens_n (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Here is the pro version gis

20221122_132553_HDR (resized).jpg20221122_132553_HDR (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

Here is the premium. Now usually when they do this. The reds are only used for certain modes and turn off or change to white during normal gameplay. But they dont. So is it a sotware or mechanical issue? Or someone have their head up their ass when doing this?

20221122_132548_HDR (resized).jpg20221122_132548_HDR (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

why not just swap them with white LED bulbs? i KNOW you have white LED's lying around.

#5 1 year ago

Huh aren't they still Physical bulbs in that build that you can just replace?

#6 1 year ago

maybe, but I don't want to lose effects they may be in for. Like godzilla, the reds only come on when you knock the power out, or the city is in shambles. So it makes sense and adds to the effects.

I'm basically asking if it's suppose to be like this and someone really messed up in design, and didn't program them to shut off. Or if something is wrong with my game. Because why would you want to shit all over this awesome art package? the pro doesn't, why would the premium price game do it?

#7 1 year ago

also, why would the premium sound, sound like shit compared to the pro?

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm basically asking if it's suppose to be like this and someone really messed up in design, and didn't program them to shut off. Or if something is wrong with my game.

Not your game - Reds are there by design and integrated into modes. Not a fan of the red under plastics either but can be changed.
Stock speakers are crap in general but check settings. Certain games adjust ok- music pins worth considering an upgrade.

#9 1 year ago

Go through the settings and compare with your PRO. Perhaps the previous owner changed some eq settings and such.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

#10 1 year ago

i'm the owner of the pro and it's factory since I got it. Premium is now factory as well since I upgrade the code to the same version my pro has.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not your game - they are there by design and integrated into modes. Not a fan of the red under plastics either but that’s that.
Stock speakers are crap in general but check settings. Certain games adjust ok- music pins worth considering a change.

why don't they shut off, like they do for most sterns? Thought stern learned their lesson after this really screwed up, and did this on the first avengers, and everyone realized you can't see shit with colored GI's. That game was terrible natural GI's.

If I change these to white like it should of been. Does fear of the dark still go dimmer and dimmer during the mode, or does it solely depend on the reds for the dark (nearly pitch black) effect?

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Have you gone in and turned the music all the way down, and the call outs all the way up yet? I find that sounds the most like shit becasue; well obviously....

Sadly the grass aint always greener.

#13 1 year ago

lol, actually this game made me a fan of the band. Before I used to have their posters up, because they had some of the best artwork in rock. But I thought they were heavier like megadeth. Music is a lot better than I thought.

#14 1 year ago

Deadpool had the same red GI puking the shooter lane stock and they don’t turn off either.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Deadpool had the same red GI puking the shooter lane stock and they don’t turn off either.

that's displeasing. they could have had a setting that lets you leave red on, or only turn on for the modes that use it. Simple programming add on, would keep it from looking like dogshit.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's displeasing. they could have had a setting that lets you leave red on, or only turn on for the modes that use it. Simple programming add on, would keep it from looking like dogshit.

That would probably require programming...instead of just jumping the red off the white GI socket.

Quick vid searches seems like the red is always on just like TWD premium vs pro if memory serves?

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Premium is now factory as well since I upgrade the code to the same version my pro has.

just updating the code will not affect the sound (or any) settings. You would need to go and select "factory restore". otherwise, if your sound setting were adjusted from factory before the code update, they are still adjusted now.

#18 1 year ago

Yes, I was just going to post the same info but with the menu entry:
UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their default values

Quoted from bigehrl:

just updating the code will not affect the sound (or any) settings. You would need to go and select "factory restore". otherwise, if
your sound setting were adjusted from factory before the code update, they are still adjusted now.

#19 1 year ago

i'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

#20 1 year ago

I don't know why they didn't program "fear of the dark" on the premium like they did on the pro. It's so much better on the pro.

#21 1 year ago

Spoilers, the pro is better!

#22 1 year ago

Here you go stern. I fixed your stupid bullshit. This is the way it should have been done from the factory. What really blows ass. Is they changed fear of the dark. Before, the GI's would get dimmer and dimmer as you didn't make purple shots. The premium doesn't have anything cool like that for this mode. Just half of the GI's go out and stay that way through the mode. Lame. Why would you make the premium/LE version shitter than the pro?

iron maiden premium fixed GIs (resized).jpgiron maiden premium fixed GIs (resized).jpg
#23 1 year ago

I agree with you that the red leds don’t look that great under the playfield plastics, especially down by the flippers.
Unfortunately, switching them out means the game won’t turn completely red during mummy multiball which looks really cool on the premium.

#24 1 year ago

I changed the reds to dimmer sunlights. So when it kicks into Fear of the dark or mummy. It goes much dimmer and darker. They should have just made the reds , color changing, so they can go white during non modes. Which I think they changed at the last min to save money. Because they didn't gouge us enough already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-premiums-crappy-red-leds-can-they-be-turned-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.