• 77 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 5 years ago

POTC. I like both but pirates edges it out in a close race.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I wonder how much set up has to do with the ship. A lot like WWE, I hit it up there and proceeded to bat the ball around hitting the target and exploring the area and kept going and going...... just drained the ball it was so goddamn mind numbing...now this is the FIRST time I got it so that isn't good news.
Now code can fix it a bit but I don't think that boat ever stops a rockin', so i don;t know how you can get the ball out of there. Or you use a code to make you want to get it out of there.

I think a switch should activate the ship to rock when u hit the ramp. When the ball is not up on the ship, it does not rock.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I have played both jj potc is a better theme and better quality and more family friendly than iron maiden. jj is the new Williams/bally's of today. Dialed in should tell you how jj isn't going to shove cheap crap out. Thow out the rule sets when it comes to kids playing.

I agree. If you can get both, do it. They are both fun games. But is price is a issue, POTC is a no brainer. Just a over all better game for the $$$

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I'm going to take the plunge on an Iron maiden premium. Just getting in some quotes to decide where to buy from.
I really appreciate all the diverse opinions. I'm really struggling with this.
But I look at it this way - I have a DILE (super fun, simple rule set, amazing shooter), TNA (amazingly fast, has become our main family game with CO-OP. My kids LOVE LOVE) it). IMDN is a special playing game to me, has a totally different style of rule set, and is a really neat monster themed pin. 3 games with totally different styles. IMDN looks fun from a kids eyes. You have really clear targets. Lots of shots are pretty easy, and the ball stays in play a while. My 9 year old daughter scored well for her on the first try and had a lot of fun trying to hit the center target and ramps. Yah she won't get the rules for a while. But the way it's styled I can teach her just modes, 1 multiball, and she will focus on that for a long time. So it can be simple since it's balanced and has a lot of ways to play the game. It's only when you layer it all together that it's complicated.
All three of these machines were born as really special pinball projects. Made from passion. I like that my collection has stuff with an interesting story behind why they were built. They all have this in common. All are exceptional for different reasons.
I have to say, JJPOTC fits the same bill. That machine is amazing. Beautiful. Super neat shots. But the game didn't make me laugh (except the occasional arrgh mode which is the best moment). fine. But it feels very serious. And trhough the 5-6 games we played we didn't have fun. I want to get POTC. Maybe future code changes will make it fun like DILE?

Good for u. It's a good call. Get the premium now and enjoy. After several months or so u change your mind, sell and get pirates. I too had a deposit down on pirates but with delay and changes, I cancelled. I may go back at sometime and pic it up before Christmas.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why would you encourage him to downgrade after a few months?

That's your thought process Gary.

#66 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is 100% less $$$ for sure. Well the pro is less $$$. The Premium and LE is with in the same price bucket. Better game, to early to tell. Once both games have been in homes for 3 months, report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-premium-or-jj-potc?tu=skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.