• 77 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

Preface: I don't like either theme. I don't like the Pirates movies (although I kinda liked the Stern game) and I disliked/didn't know Maiden music so much that I inquired on Pinside about swapping the music out before I ever played the game.

Upon initial viewing, JJPOTC looks amazing. Played a couple games at expo and thought I wanted one. Went to play one locally a couple weeks ago and I feel 100% different. It just isn't fun. Best LOOKING game I've ever seen, hands down. The idea of lots of the toys is cool, but they just don't make for a game I want to play long-term. The ship is the coolest thing, but that is going to get SO old in a home environment.

Maiden on the other hand blew me away. I only played a Pro, but I have been back a couple times to play it more. SUPER fun risk/reward rules, and the whole package (layout, art, etc.) is great. I can even say I have no interest in swapping out music any more after playing it. The callouts are the main audio focus and the music is pretty secondary and works well in this implementation (again, coming from a total non-Maiden fan). I like some of the extra things included on the Premium/LE, and the Premium art is dope, so I'm actually going to buy one.

If you've already played them and both you and your daughter were leaning toward Maiden, this is a no-brainer. I know Pirates has supposedly deep rules, but if the game ain't fun...Maiden on the other hand is a great mix of "keep the ball alive" and learn the risk/reward strategy, as you already noted.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I wonder how much set up has to do with the ship. A lot like WWE, I hit it up there and proceeded to bat the ball around hitting the target and exploring the area and kept going and going...... just drained the ball it was so goddamn mind numbing...now this is the FIRST time I got it so that isn't good news.
Now code can fix it a bit but I don't think that boat ever stops a rockin', so i don;t know how you can get the ball out of there. Or you use code to make you want to get it out of there.

The ship has two issues: how long you're up there and how often you're up there. Ultimately you want to shoot the ball through the left flap exit to the cannon. This is hard (on some machines virtually impossible) to do. This tended to keep people up in the ship for a prolonged period of time. Beyond that, every shot up that ramp goes to the ship. This would have benefited greatly from a diverter where you needed to qualify the ship or else it's just a normal ramp return (kind of like Williams Indiana Jones and the Path of Adventure).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-premium-or-jj-potc?tu=Cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.