5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4346 (resized).PNG

#1 5 years ago

Just got my IMDN Premium booted up....

All insert lamps and flashers on the bottom 2/3 of the playfield don't work.

Also - there is no high voltage interlock switch....is this a thing now @ Stern? The coin door has the plate that pushes it in, but nothing there where it normally is.

#2 5 years ago
IMG_4346 (resized).PNGIMG_4346 (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Just got my IMDN Premium booted up....
What works: The LCD screen, sound, all GI lights, top 3rd of playfield insert lights and flashers.
What doesn't work: All coils, bottom 3rd of playfield insert lights and flashers, motors.
Also - there is no high voltage interlock switch....is this a thing now @ Stern? The coin door has the plate that pushes it in, but nothing there where it normally is.

Contact you distro first and let them know. Lodge an email with [email protected] next.

There is no voltage interlock any more. With the machine turned off, first check all the connections in the back box and make sure everything is plugged in. There are node boards under the playfield. Check the connections to both node boards. Sounds like the power to the node board that runs the coils and flippers could be loose or have fallen off or maybe there is a loose connection somewhere else. I am not on here a lot, there will be other pinsiders that will see this and help out too.

Good luck.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

More
Contact you distro first and let them know. Lodge an email with [email protected] next.
There is no voltage interlock any more. With the machine turned off, first check all the connections in the back box and make sure everything is plugged in. There are node boards under the playfield. Check the connections to both node boards. Sounds like the power to the node board that runs the coils and flippers could be loose or have fallen off or maybe there is a loose connection somewhere else. I am not on here a lot, there will be other pinsiders that will see this and help out too.
Good luck.

I agree... It sounds like something it loose or not plugged it all the way on a playfield node board. Reseat the connections with the power off and see what happens. Or it can be the RS232 communications cable as well.

#5 5 years ago

I apologize that I jumped the gun there on the coils. I can confirm all coils work. Had run a test and thought it was running through each coil and firing but it was not. I can confirm they work.

Everything works except the bottom 2/3 inserts. These are all the lights from node 8b, 8c, 8d, 8e. I checked every connection on node 8. Solid as a rock. Checked the serial cables on all 4 sub-nodes. All good. Have to think the node board is bad (at least the part controlling those inserts.) Did I miss anything?

No interlock. Wow. Power switch next to go? "Just plug it in and unplug it when you're done." -Gary

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I apologize that I jumped the gun there on the coils. I can confirm all coils work. Had run a test and thought it was running through each coil and firing but it was not. I can confirm they work.
Everything works except the bottom 2/3 inserts. These are all the lights from node 8b, 8c, 8d, 8e. I checked every connection on node 8. Solid as a rock. Checked the serial cables on all 4 sub-nodes. All good. Have to think the node board is bad (at least the part controlling those inserts.) Did I miss anything?
No interlock. Wow. Power switch next to go? "Just plug it in and unplug it when you're done." -Gary

The other thing you could check is that the wire in the connectors (related to those lights) are crimped and making proper contact with the node board and lights. Also check that a pin on the node board in not bent over and not making contact at all.

Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-premium-almost-nothing-works and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.