3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by NeilMcRae
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 3 months ago

Having trouble with my Iron Maiden Premium Plunger. It's an early run machine and ever since I purchased a few months ago the plunger rarely makes it past the bumper post on the top side of the skill shot right below the upper left flipper. I have better luck on the initial manual shot but even that one seems to get caught up on the post 80% of the time. I've checked the shooter rod tip which seems to hit the ball pretty much dead center. The automatic plunger may be slightly off where the left side may hit the ball slightly before the right. Not sure if it is a week coil however it's all stock and likely has never been replaced. Seems to be a fairly common issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 3 months ago

neilmcrae fixed his by careful adjustment and “put in the 22-600 coil in the auto launch and wind the power into 205 on the settings!“

I think his solution is posted here somewhere. If you can’t find it maybe send him a pm.

#3 3 months ago

Double check that the auto-plunger assembly hasn't come loose. I have a GOT pro that started acting weird with the auto plunge, and a screw just backed out a bit, making it not have great contact anymore. Good luck

#4 3 months ago

I did the coil change and mine is still 20% at best. I think there may be a combination of things to look at. Ironically enough my manual plunger is about 75% though so I thought maybe the ball was sitting funny in the auto-launcher. Checked it over real well and made sure it we even on both sides. Still no dice. I've tried all kinds of power setting too as well as the lane guide. Still hits that same post you are talking about

#5 3 months ago

Thanks for all the feedback. Will be tinkering with it this evening and will hope for the best.

#6 3 months ago

My experience with this--if your auto plunge is 85-95% don't screw with anything until it goes south. I had the same issues, fixed the manual plunge to get it working like a champ. For whatever inexplicable reason my auto plunge immediately dumped to 50/60%. Why one should affect the other--don't know. Took me forever to get it back with multiple adjustments and finally did the more powerful coil fix. Most of the highest value skill shots are all soft plunges, anyway.

#7 3 months ago

on my IMDN LE and premium the coil changed sorted it for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside