20180327_080053 (resized).jpg
Hallowed-be-thy-name (resized).jpg
12376653_1576211542689391_6895831824961495500_n (resized).jpg
resize (resized).jpeg
5x5_Dead_Freight_07 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
gaz (resized).png
81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

GET READY FOR THE BITCHING:
=======================
Since Riggs no longer works with Maiden, get ready for everyone crying when the only artwork is "stock" Maiden art.
"What???? Just Photoshoped Maiden clip-art????? "
"WTF, Stern could not just hire Riggs to draw all new art????"
"I though this was supposed to be the first Stern game with a LCD screen????? 1990 just called, they want their pin back......"
"Thanks Stern, you just saved me $7,000. My wife said no ghouls in her house; we've got kids."
"Not one call-out from Di'Anno????? Leave it to Stern to cheap out on this game!"
DiAnno_(resized).jpg

I would prefer stock Iron Maiden art. I wanted PusHead to be all over Metallica before the art was shown and was initially dissapointed at what I considered "Comic Book Art" and not Heavy Metal. Obviously its bad ass, but Iron Maidens art is iconic, where as Metallica was a side note through the years on shirts and posters. If they mess with IM art, there will be riots and I will lead!

Please, whoever is doing this. PLEASE PLEASE CHEAP OUT AND USE STOCK OFF THE SHELF ART! Spend the money saved on the toys and whatnot.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Two words: Zombie Yeti
If he could unleash his true style of heavy blacks, illustration style this pin's art would rock. And who knows, maybe he's already doing it. I found this gem today doing a quick search:
minutes_zombie_(resized).jpg

3 words, HELL EFF NO!!! This is exactly what would lead me to riot ha. Dont fix what aint broke!!

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol. Everyone wants new original art but really just wants cut and paste photoshop jobs from old assets. Id rather not see re-hashed iron maiden album covers on a new pin. New pin, new art. To each their own.

Normally yes, original art is preferred over cut and paste, but what other band has such a collection of art that is as much the band, or almost as much, as the band itself?

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The only thing I hope they don't do is cut and paste old album artwork and Eddie all over the place and call it good like they just did for SMVE. It would look descent but not as good as hand drawn art. Stern knows this is the way to go, don't f^*k this one up boys!

Not using original are would be EFFING this up. Do not recreate what does not need creating. How can you go wrong with something like the posts above me??

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Only if based on early Maiden aka the Di'anno years. Judas Priest, like in real life, would be a better theme for a pin.

Sooo, 2 albums then. Gotcha!

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Andrew said they intended to release 2 more titles after Alien this year alone, and that Oursler had finished designing them both already. I think that's incredibly ambitious and probably rather unrealistic. Most would praise them if they had Alien and title 3 shipping in volume before year end. 3 & 4 are both licensed. Oursler wants to move on to 5. So yes it's possible it's them.
However I doubt it. Stern almost certainly want it, have deeper pockets than Heighway and AC/DC and Metallica were really well executed. KISS ain't so great, but sales seem to have been okish. Plus it shows real commitment to rock and metal themes. So I really can't see past them ... though I'd guess we see another 1-2 music pins before Iron Maiden from the Stern camp.

The screen shot in the initial post says a lot. I saw the original post and its from the Stern social media guy, who used to be on here (Jared???) I believe Stern and I hope in the next 2 - 3 pins.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Only one correct

Only Iron Maiden??? And When!!

1 month later
#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Get the classic Riggs artwork of the albums and songs we grew up with.
Get a few Eddie toys
Put 12 significant songs we can choose from (radio mode like ac/dc and met is a must (live and studio versions like ac/dc))
Get a few balls, 2 flippers
I'm buying the LE the day it comes out.
Theme, music, mytholigy and history is selling this pin.........you have to do it on purpose to fuck this one up

Double #2 and #3. More music and more multiball!!!

1 week later
#234 8 years ago

Apparently Ed Force 1 has been significantly damaged on the run way in south America requiring possible engine replacement on 2 engines.

3 weeks later
#248 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You guys have all seen my hobby project, right? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rolling-stones-to-iron-maiden-project

maiden1_(resized).jpegmaiden2_(resized).jpeg

WOW!!! This pin needs to be made!!!!!!

1 week later
#288 8 years ago

Jason Rufer, who I believe works for Stern posted the vid of the Iron Maiden pin that was converted from Rolling Stones on the Stern Pinball enthusiasts facebook page(Not an official Stern page). Could that be a hint?
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1686910444859156&id=1433918266825043

#294 8 years ago

2017!

1 week later
#299 7 years ago

Who do you guys think would be designing and programming if/when Iron Maiden happens?

#301 7 years ago

Is Steve Richie working on anything that is known?

1 month later
#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

I can guarantee you Steve is working on something, but it's not Iron Maiden.

That sucks balls!!

Whos working on Iron Maiden then!!!

2 months later
#332 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Got money in hand for an LE. Hoping the playfield issues are resolved by then and color display is in second or third game so they have the bugs worked out can really program it well.
Hey - a guy can hope, right?
I always liked this as a translite.

I would put a white piece of paper or something over that. Its freaking hideous lol

#335 7 years ago

There are about 1000 translites that could look better than that one.

And yep, Im ready to pay up for an LE!

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What if Gary just blows everybodys fckin minds and has DD AND ZY on duty ?!?! With Riggs in mind at all times. I think either one/ bothyesplease would do Riggs right. This could be bigger than sandwiches man.

I dont want adaptations of Riggs, I want Riggs!! While I was intially let down, then pleasintly surprised at Metallica artwork (Hoping for PusHead everhere) Riggs is Iconic Maiden. I dont want ANY spin on his work!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sadly, Derek has decided to be out of the Iron Maiden business. While he's very appreciative of the notoriety (and the checks, I'm sure) that he's recieved as a result of creating the one of the most iconic characters/looks in music - I think his heart's just not in it anymore, and he's over the whole thing. Melvyn Grant (who did Fear of the Dark and a number of other covers) seems to be the #2 and now #1 guy...

I guess is what Im saying is that I want Riggs style of art, Riggs style of Eddie. I dont want a "spin" on his art or style. It does not need any improvement.

9 months later
#405 6 years ago

With SW being announced, where might we be with Maiden!!

1 week later
#410 6 years ago

I want Iron Maiden, but if Stern has the balls to do Slayer with hand drawn art. Forget about it!! Slayer all day!!

5 months later
#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

His name is no where near this pin

Who is on art? Hopefully nobody!!!! Unless,Riggs of course!!

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I’m going with Zombie Yeti. He’s a HUGE Iton Maiden fan

As long as he just figures out where to cut and paste! I do NOT want any artist to make their own interpretation of Riggs work, regardless of artist.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I feel ya Roostking but that ship has long sailed. All we can do is cross our fingers. But we all know ZY gonna knock this shit outta the park. Pennies saved and waiting.

Although I love my METLE and was in before it was shown artwise and you dont know how let down I initially was with the art. I wanted PusHead and shit! It worked out fine, as I love hot rods too so it works for me and I freaking love that pin!! I wouldnt mind seeing Stern go old school, save some cash on art and give more toys or something cut and paste the art, one last time!!! hah

1 week later
#437 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Are you crazy?? Zombie Yeti is a huge IM fan and has proven he is no lazy artist......show some respect! Dirty Donny and Zombie have proven they are not the typical Stern artists of the past and we should treat them as such. Hiring those two was the best decision Stern has made in a while. All art is an imitation of art, have a little faith and trust the man........

I didn't show either artist disrespect, I simply do not want anyone's interpretation of how Eddie should look. This is in pin where cut and paste is perfectly acceptable. Money saved on custom art can go to other parts of the machine.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I assume you’re referring to the original look Derek Riggs did for Eddie back in the day - don’t forget Riggs hasn’t done art for Maiden since 1993, and they’ve had at least 2 artists interpreting Eddie (3 of you count the 3D Dance of the Dead fiasco) since then

Ok let me be clear. I'm talking about making "Eddie" theirs. Eddie is nearly as iconic as the bands music, it would do this pin a disservice to spin Eddie in anyway that is not true to Riggs style.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah dude, you nailed it. I showed my ZY Iron Maiden silkscreen print before. It’s not in Riggs’ style. It wasn’t really well received here. ZY is a smart dude and he knows what Iron Maiden fans want. He would absolutely nail this theme.
GB and AS are 2 of the best looking games in our modern era. Of course that just an opinion but coming from someone who isn’t Stern’s #1 fan (Who-Dey took the crown) that’s saying a lot. I fully expect it will be ZY on the art. And if it’s not, even if it’s DD...I’ll be disappointed.

Didn't this post just say ZY Eddie was not well received, how does this give you confidence he will nail it?

1 month later
#466 6 years ago

Not doubting you, I just find so much conflicting information from all these "insiders". I hope you are right.

#475 6 years ago

I think you guys are all talking shit..

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You will more than likely be eating that shit in March!

I said this in hopes it would spurn some definite proof. It didnt work.

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

None taken but I have seen madein 10 times. Three times on this last tour with first to the barrier. Three other times in the last 10 years and four times in the 80s and 90s so yes I do know what I’m talking about. If you call inflatable Eddie....coming out then yes that is true. But I don’t call that Eddie “coming out”

Halford already came out, maybe Eddie err Edwin will feel comfortable enough!! Metal up your ass, I mean. Up the Irons!!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Something we don't know yet is if songs will tie to modes as in AC/DC or be jukebox style as in MET. Hoping for the first case and if so, Designers need to match song selection with layout and art direction. Theoretically they couldn't pick the song list first, or could they? How about someone finding this out?

Do we actually know anything??? What is it that we know?

1 week later
#563 6 years ago

Uggh I bitched out and canceled my LE spot, now I'm having second thoughts.

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

How can you cancel an unseen game

Already went through this once. IF the game is built, I, along with my buddy were #1 and #2 with our distributor. Same thing other people have done.

Im not dealing with potential QC and software issues right now. When I bought my METLE NIB, i thought you had to get in early. Now that I have been around a bit, I know I can wait and let issues get worked out and ensure code matures and a great game.

#584 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

A lot of errors there.

Nothing personal, but I just find it irritating when someone might have some valuable information, or can refute something, even without giving away everything but instead just do what you did.

1 month later
#595 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah pretty much what I was thinking.

x2

#614 6 years ago

Just re downloaded Legacy of the Beast mobile game

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No Di' Anno, no deal! What an epic fail.

That dinosaur was dead long ago!

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Didn't stop them from putting songs from the best AC/DC singer, Bon Scott, on that one.

Great point. I was just harrassing ya anyways. Paul should have been represented.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.50
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pin?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.