20180327_080053 (resized).jpg
Hallowed-be-thy-name (resized).jpg
12376653_1576211542689391_6895831824961495500_n (resized).jpg
resize (resized).jpeg
5x5_Dead_Freight_07 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
gaz (resized).png
81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

What was the initial request, and who are global merch services?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I can't see stern doing this title when they pick safe themes which are recognizable with the masses.

Exactly why it should be Iron maiden, fantastic artwork and tunes. Everyone knows run to the hills or the trooper, and Eddie is an iconic figure

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I can guarantee if I asked everyone at my work or even random people on the street if they know who Iron Maiden was the majority would say no

Really?
I dont know where you work, but I have the opposite impression. Im sure most adults know who Iron Maiden is, also even their clothes have been sold in H&M stores, along with metallica, acdc, kiss...

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Iron Maiden has some multiplayer mobile game out now too, they're obviously not shy about licensing out their brand for games.

Its coming this summer, but yeah, dont think they are too tight-assed

#31 8 years ago

I would be more into

Early years
Golden years
90's or Brave New World era and forthward.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

Yeah its that 7th son of a 7th son era that frankly got too heavy,, and deep and i had to start analyzing lyrics and all - so i lost interest
count me out for a IM7sonLE
count me in for a IMKillLE

Oh god i hope for the exact opposite. Something powerslave-somewhere-seventh would be the best, the best albums and also much conceptual themes ready for a deep ruleset

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Heighway is doing Queen

On what terms do you know/assume this, and IM as stern 2017?

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Wow, the album artwork really went downhill when they decided to stop working with him.
So i guess the artwork would be something like this?
album_iron_maiden_dance_of_death_(resized).jpg

That artwork is from looooooong after they stopped working with riggs but with the exception of dance of death the new covers are decent. Prefer brave new world of the post 2000 album covers though

#89 8 years ago

No need for original artwork considering all the amazing existing artwork. As mentioned, the scary issue is how stern will make use of it.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Nah. Iron Maiden has always been VERY protective of how their brand and Eddie is used, and if there is a pin being produced, I have no doubt that the band has final say in the artwork.

Well yeah mostly i just know steve harris gets some strange fallouts like dance of death art etc but im not really worried about, looking forward!!!

#103 8 years ago

This would be once in life id potentially go for an le. Potentially.

#148 8 years ago

Geez, ill take official iron maiden artwork anytime over that done by ZY.

6 months later
#324 7 years ago

Was to post the link about live stream of the concert now, but saw was just done! Awesome ☺ after being on two gigs this tour its cool to see a pro shot concert! ☺

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One bummer with Maiden, they don't mix their show up much. The show was identical to the one I went to in Auckland a few months ago. With 35 years of albums, you think they could mix it up a little more.
rd

Yeah, well they have done it like that forever I recall. They happen to change some songs/switch the setlist sometimes in the beginning of the tours if they feel something is not working, for example on the final frontier tour, they moved the talisman form late in the set and to song number 3 or something after a couple of concerts. Probably because its such a demanding sing to song, so better to do it while the voice is still fresh

But yeah, i love it when bands change their stlist throughout the tour, makes it that much more interesting to see more gigs, also you never know what you will get when you see them

I recall Blind Guardian had like thre different setlists on their last tour, so did not know what they would play when i saw them in Norway last time

1 week later
#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

... and only play for an hour and fifteen minutes...

Üuuh dont know what iron maiden tribute band you saw, every show i have seen with iron maiden they play for almost 2 hours?
At least 1h45m.

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Dude I probably saw Maiden before you were even born. Go tribute a dick!

Haha. Anyways, when have you seen them play 1h15m shows? ☺

9 months later
#407 6 years ago

Bad news if we look at image three and four from top left: https://www.instagram.com/zombieyeti/

It seems to refer to sternpinball and Nuclear Blast USA. Iron Maiden is not on nuclear blast USA. But Slayer is.
Also I saw another photo from a slayer concert where there was an official banner with both nuclear blast and stern pinball logo.

Who the f*** wants a slayer pinball :/

5 months later
#432 6 years ago

hopefully it will come out around jan/feb? Probably with a semi-altered trudea design?

1 week later
#435 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Are you crazy?? Zombie Yeti is a huge IM fan and has proven he is no lazy artist......show some respect! Dirty Donny and Zombie have proven they are not the typical Stern artists of the past and we should treat them as such. Hiring those two was the best decision Stern has made in a while. All art is an imitation of art, have a little faith and trust the man........

I believe if zy does this he will draw from scratch like gb. If they want to cut n paste they will prob just go with in house designer?

1 month later
#480 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

What songs are they going to go with though, I would suggest most of these get in:
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
The Clairvoyant
The Evil That Men Do
The Fallen Angel
The Wicker Man
Where Eagles Dare
The Trooper
Aces High
There has to be 666 LEs and they'll go pretty quickly

Lol nah its gonne be the safe ones:

iron maiden
Wrathchild
Run to the hills
Number of the beast
Trooper
Aes high
2 minutes to midnight
Wasted years
Clairvoyant
Can i play with madness
Bring your daughtee
Fear of the dark
Man on the edge

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Good list i also think caught somewhere in time, phantom of the opera, and flight of Icarus would be good songs to have in it as well.

Its a probable list, but personally I prefer most other songs than their hit parades, mostly because ive listened so much to them so I find it much more exciting to listen to other songs like

Where eagles dare
The duellist
Stranger ina stranged land
Deja vu
Sea of madness
Alexander the Great
Infintie dreams
Seventh son of a sevn son
Hooks in you
Be quick or be dead
Judas be my guide

Wicker man
Rainmaker
etc etc

Although some of the more epic songs might not be the best fit for a pinball machien when it comes to length etc.

#487 6 years ago

hmm

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:I would expect Speed of Light on there too

yeah sure, I just wanted to paint the idea of the good non-crowd pleaser songs

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You think? Even though that’s a single I figured since it’s newer, half the fanbase doesn’t know it.

I agree with you also lots of great songs on 2000+ albums.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has he ever shipped a game? I know about Archer but that’s about it

Well archer was never produced or shipped. But i could absolutely live with iron maiden based on the archer layout =)

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Must have songs:
Be Quick or Be Dead - Multiball
Gengis Khan - Wizard mode
Purgatory - cause reasons
Game could be based on Legacy of the Beast game (there'd be heaps of modes for pinball)

I disagree with the songs except for bqobd, but i totally agree that basing it on the legacy game probably would present the best adventure package, with art and video.

#518 6 years ago

I wouldnt actually total rule out iron maiden due to not being bruce. I think they own all royalties (same way they bought out blaze from royalties iirc).

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Ok, let me put it this way. I assume you're familar with LITZ in Twilight Zone? IMHO Litz doesn't go on long enough, approx 45 secs. It's over before you know it.
Imagine a LITZ type Wizard or normal mode, with 6 ball multiball going for the full 3 minutes of Genghis Khan? Imagine the light show and the madness... for 3 minutes?

Im just not that into the two first albums. That is one example where a rerecording with current lineup would be great just listen to prowler 88!

1 month later
#586 6 years ago

I just read now that the lawsuit is settled. They (maiden) claim they did not steal the six lines of lyrics but chose to settle due to escalating lawyer costs etc.

#588 6 years ago

Not necessarily removed, the suers got 100 grand so they should just shut up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pin?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.