20180327_080053 (resized).jpg
Hallowed-be-thy-name (resized).jpg
12376653_1576211542689391_6895831824961495500_n (resized).jpg
resize (resized).jpeg
5x5_Dead_Freight_07 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
gaz (resized).png
81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 7 years ago

The only music pin that could top this in my mind would be a Judas Priest or Grateful Dead pin. With that said it will have to incubate for at least a year once it's announced. Too many unknowns. If not Lyman or Dwight coding, pass. Don't need an LE but a prem could be in play if done well.

Song list

Number of the beast
Run to the Hills
Hallowed be thy name
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Trooper
Powerslave
Aces high
2 mins to midnight
Caught somewhere in time
Wasted years
Can I play with madness

You could argue any of 22 Acacia Ave, Die with you roots on, and or Sun and Steel if more than 12 songs. Running free and Wrathchild are complicated but necessary. Not sure how anyone could argue against the core 12.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'm not so sure about metal heads in Sth America though ....
rd

Kilo with every Premium/LE purchase.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Die with you roots on,

One of my personal favourites.

rd

#355 7 years ago

Roots and Boots motherfuckers !

#356 7 years ago

I was thinking about how Stern has been incorporating midnight madness multi ball lately ... 2 Minutes to Midnight Multiball!!! Up the irons!!! \m/ \m/

#357 7 years ago

Totally agree with the concert mix up. They have so much material to work with and they pick the same newest shit every show and only play for an hour and fifteen minutes. I went to the latest show here in Denver and I was utterly disappointed for the cash I paid. I'll never go and see them live again. Seeing them back in the day and the memories of those shows will just remain at that I suppose. Not a fan of the newer stuff and if they make a pin you can bet that most of the music will be newer stuff. Good thing for pinball browser. Also if they use old Riggs artwork all your gonna see is cut and paste Eddie everywhere. This pin could be great with custom art and great song selection but just don't see it happening.

#358 7 years ago

PSA - I just read that the NZ Metal splatter movie DEATHGASM is on Netflix in the USA ... Go watch it. It's kiwiana at its finest. One of the local pinball guys (Tim) did all the special effects for it.

Metal + chainsaws + 1000000 litres of fake blood = winner.

rd

#359 7 years ago

In case anyone has missed it, there's a new android/iPhone game called Iron Maiden Legacy of the Beast. I have too many hours to count into it [currently a level 28] and as the popularity of this game/app grows, I could see the artwork and title being used for a Pin.
IMLOTBLE - You heard it here first. The artwork is in the same vein as derek riggs and I think DD and or ZY could do it justice.

yay or nay on this as a backglass?

ironmaidenlegacyofthebeast_638_(resized).jpgironmaidenlegacyofthebeast_638_(resized).jpg

#360 7 years ago

Nay. This is what I want :
No_more_coffee._(resized).pngNo_more_coffee._(resized).png

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What if Gary just blows everybodys fckin minds and has DD AND ZY on duty ?!?! With Riggs in mind at all times. I think either one/ bothyesplease would do Riggs right. This could be bigger than sandwiches man.

I dont want adaptations of Riggs, I want Riggs!! While I was intially let down, then pleasintly surprised at Metallica artwork (Hoping for PusHead everhere) Riggs is Iconic Maiden. I dont want ANY spin on his work!

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont want adaptations of Riggs, I want Riggs!! While I was intially let down, then pleasintly surprised at Metallica artwork (Hoping for PusHead everhere) Riggs is Iconic Maiden. I dont want ANY spin on his work!

Sadly, Derek has decided to be out of the Iron Maiden business. While he's very appreciative of the notoriety (and the checks, I'm sure) that he's recieved as a result of creating the one of the most iconic characters/looks in music - I think his heart's just not in it anymore, and he's over the whole thing. Melvyn Grant (who did Fear of the Dark and a number of other covers) seems to be the #2 and now #1 guy...

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Totally agree with the concert mix up. They have so much material to work with and they pick the same newest shit every show and only play for an hour and fifteen minutes. I went to the latest show here in Denver and I was utterly disappointed for the cash I paid. I'll never go and see them live again. Seeing them back in the day and the memories of those shows will just remain at that I suppose. Not a fan of the newer stuff and if they make a pin you can bet that most of the music will be newer stuff. Good thing for pinball browser. Also if they use old Riggs artwork all your gonna see is cut and paste Eddie everywhere. This pin could be great with custom art and great song selection but just don't see it happening.

I agree with you and have been saying this for awhile now, see multiple past posts. Short set list has always. I hope for more and not into anything since Brave New World.

#365 7 years ago

I hope it's Borg & Lyman even if it means waiting longer.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What if Gary just blows everybodys fckin minds and has DD AND ZY on duty ?!?! With Riggs in mind at all times. I think either one/ bothyesplease would do Riggs right. This could be bigger than sandwiches man.

ZY has already dabbled in the Maiden, so not a stretch to think he could be involved....

ce5dde2500d4ece9d4da2f5798644b97_(resized).jpgce5dde2500d4ece9d4da2f5798644b97_(resized).jpg

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sadly, Derek has decided to be out of the Iron Maiden business. While he's very appreciative of the notoriety (and the checks, I'm sure) that he's recieved as a result of creating the one of the most iconic characters/looks in music - I think his heart's just not in it anymore, and he's over the whole thing. Melvyn Grant (who did Fear of the Dark and a number of other covers) seems to be the #2 and now #1 guy...

I guess is what Im saying is that I want Riggs style of art, Riggs style of Eddie. I dont want a "spin" on his art or style. It does not need any improvement.

#368 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

ZY has already dabbled in the Maiden, so not a stretch to think he could be involved....

That's been shown before, and isn't Maiden as far as I'm concerned.

God bless ZY, but maiden has to be the original artists. That is Iron Maiden.

rd

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

... and only play for an hour and fifteen minutes...

Üuuh dont know what iron maiden tribute band you saw, every show i have seen with iron maiden they play for almost 2 hours?
At least 1h45m.

#370 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
If we can't get Riggs maybe Dan Mumford could do it some justice.. A little new blood in our small pin world is never a BAD thing.

#371 7 years ago

There is plenty of existing art out there. I'm artistically retarded and I managed to piece together some decent stuff for my conversion. If the band provides all the assets in decent resolutions, then an actual artist can piece something outstanding together without needing any more stuff drawn up.

FRONTCAB_(resized).JPGFRONTCAB_(resized).JPG

FULLPF_(resized).JPGFULLPF_(resized).JPG

IMG_1327_(resized).JPGIMG_1327_(resized).JPG

IMG_1328_(resized).JPGIMG_1328_(resized).JPG

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Üuuh dont know what iron maiden tribute band you saw, every show i have seen with iron maiden they play for almost 2 hours?
At least 1h45m.

Dude I probably saw Maiden before you were even born. Go tribute a dick!

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Dude I probably saw Maiden before you were even born. Go tribute a dick!

Haha. Anyways, when have you seen them play 1h15m shows? ☺

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Haha. Anyways, when have you seen them play 1h15m shows? ☺

I remember them doing a 13 song set only for 1hr 30 mins around 2001 or maybe a few years later. I can look up on setlist.com. I have always wanted a 2 hr 20 song set by this band but never happens. I just saw GNR for the 2nd time and both shows 5 years apart had 2 1/2 hours or up to 3hrs five years ago and 25 songs plus.

Here is tour from 2005 with only 10 songs I was at, really this is all we got http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2005/cricket-pavilion-phoenix-az-7bd586e8.html

#375 7 years ago

Eddie with the Pinball is Awesome Mark.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Riggs does still do Maiden art once in a while.

He did the art for the Flight 666 movie poster a few years back.

The pinball has to be Riggs, or forget it.

art-dr-flight666_(resized).jpgart-dr-flight666_(resized).jpg
no-prayer-bring-your-daughter-to-the-slaughter-800_(resized).jpgno-prayer-bring-your-daughter-to-the-slaughter-800_(resized).jpg

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I remember them doing a 13 song set only for 1hr 30 mins around 2001 or maybe a few years later. I can look up on setlist.com. I have always wanted a 2 hr 20 song set by this band but never happens. I just saw GNR for the 2nd time and both shows 5 years apart had 2 1/2 hours or up to 3hrs five years ago and 25 songs plus.
Here is tour from 2005 with only 10 songs I was at, really this is all we got http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2005/cricket-pavilion-phoenix-az-7bd586e8.html

Down vote all you want but the truth hurts. Look they are a great band and I want the pin to be made as have indicated for past posts over and over again, can't blame me for wanting more from a band. Kind of like others wanting more out of pins being made by company's.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Down vote all you want but the truth hurts. Look they are a great band and I want the pin to be made as have indicated for past posts over and over again, can't blame me for wanting more from a band. Kind of like others wanting more out of pins being made by company's.

Totally understand your view, but I'd be happy that they are even still touring. They are around 60 and still play their asses off but now sure how much longer they can do that. Touring is hard on the body. They may do one more record and then call it a day.

#379 7 years ago

When a Maiden pin finally does get released ....it will be Brighter Than A Thousand Suns!

PinballBulbsIMRetheme(+NitroTommy)_(resized).JPGPinballBulbsIMRetheme(+NitroTommy)_(resized).JPG

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

When a Maiden pin finally does get released ....it will be Brighter Than A Thousand Suns!

...and I'll be calling Tommy for my first NIB!

2 months later
#381 7 years ago

Wow Nothing mentioned about Expo yet? Stern 30th Party was awesome. When they didn't have live music or entertainment, they played music videos. Oddly all the music videos were from Bands they have already made Pins for, Including Aerosmith. I did find it interesting that they played a few songs from this little know band called IRON MAIDEN!

Kinda makes you think doesn't it.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Wow Nothing mentioned about Expo yet? Stern 30th Party was awesome. When they didn't have live music or entertainment, they played music videos. Oddly all the music videos were from Bands they have already made Pins for, Including Aerosmith. I did find it interesting that they played a few songs from this little know band called IRON MAIDEN!
Kinda makes you think doesn't it.

I hope they make one, but keep in mind Stern made a pin called Iron Maiden and they could just be looking to keep everyone guessing.

#383 7 years ago

I noticed the same thing at the stern party, only played songs from bands they have designed pins for, Iron Maiden was the ONLY music played that a pin doesn't exist, or does it? I think it does. I'm really sad that the prices have gone so high, I don't know if I can swallow paying over 10,000 for a pinball machine.

#384 7 years ago

Looks like they discovered the marketing power of speculation

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Please, not this time. He's a great artist, but everything from the girls bedroom color palette to to the odd looking Eddie feels wrong.

#386 7 years ago

Riggs or go home

3 months later
#387 7 years ago

I figured I would UP THE IRONS, and ask if anyone has any new information?

Got my ticket to see them in Houston on June 21st!

#388 7 years ago

That iron maiden pin just looks the best.

#389 7 years ago

Going to see them in June in Bristow, VA! Will be my son's first concert - Up the irons!

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from markandsophie:

That iron maiden pin just looks the best.

I'd happily own that and the Foo Fighters custom pin!

#391 7 years ago

IS that pin pictured above a re-theme, or is it a completely new design?

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

IS that pin pictured above a re-theme, or is it a completely new design?

markmon rethemed a The Rolling Stones , I think that's his.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rolling-stones-to-iron-maiden-project

1 week later
#393 7 years ago

Anyone for a Walking Dead IM?

IMsternPIN (resized).jpgIMsternPIN (resized).jpg

#394 7 years ago

Wait, what? Is that real?

#395 7 years ago

No, pretty good Photoshop job though. You can see remnants of the original TWD translite on the bottom and right hand side

#396 7 years ago

And the red DMD won't be in a Maiden pin when it's released.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Going to see them in June in Bristow, VA! Will be my son's first concert - Up the irons!

What a great band for your son to experience for his first concert! Way to go dad!

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from Redknight87:

What a great band for your son to experience for his first concert! Way to go dad!

Yeah, seriously, good job dad. My parents took me to Brooks & Dunn for my first concert. Not cool. Been rebelling ever since

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

And the red DMD won't be in a Maiden pin when it's released.

Right. WHEN it's released!

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Yeah, seriously, good job dad. My parents took me to Brooks & Dunn for my first concert. Not cool. Been rebelling ever since

Haha that made me truly laugh out loud. I suppose I should clarify his "real" first concert was my band, but that hardly counts.

His favorite band is Ghost (one of my favorites so I play it a lot), and they are the openers, which just meant we had to go. My mother is horrified! Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pin/page/8?hl=markandsophie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.