20180327_080053 (resized).jpg
Hallowed-be-thy-name (resized).jpg
12376653_1576211542689391_6895831824961495500_n (resized).jpg
resize (resized).jpeg
5x5_Dead_Freight_07 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
gaz (resized).png
81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My opinion...JT was probably doing Beatles (if that rumor is true). Which I bet Gomez is getting involved in finishing now that JT is out. Which pits Keith Elwin on deck. We’ve heard nothing but crickets on what he’s been working on so gotta assume he’s up. No?

Has he ever shipped a game? I know about Archer but that’s about it

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has he ever shipped a game? I know about Archer but that’s about it

Well archer was never produced or shipped. But i could absolutely live with iron maiden based on the archer layout =)

#503 6 years ago

My money is getting dusty waiting on it.
Really hope it's next.
Legacy of the best tour starts in the spring. Perfect timing - a rarity for Stern.

#504 6 years ago

Hopefully I can hit St. Louie and Chicago on this upcoming tour. Gonna be insane.

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well archer was never produced or shipped. But i could absolutely live with iron maiden based on the archer layout =)

This scenario would be my absolute dream. Grail theme with a unique layout...sign me up!! If they gave it to Keith Elwin, I have faith it’ll be awesome.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

This scenario would be my absolute dream. Grail theme with a unique layout...sign me up!! If they gave it to Keith Elwin, I have faith it’ll be awesome.

I know who Keith is. And I swear I am not trolling here, but shouldn’t we see a real shipped game (that is fun) before we go nuts? Maybe I better re-watch the Archer videos..

#507 6 years ago

Must have songs:
Be Quick or Be Dead - Multiball
Gengis Khan - Wizard mode
Purgatory - cause reasons

Game could be based on Legacy of the Beast game (there'd be heaps of modes for pinball)

#508 6 years ago
Quoted from DJKYrtgfsRFw:

Must have songs:
Game could be based on Legacy of the Beast game (there'd be heaps of modes for pinball)

I disagree with the songs except for bqobd, but i totally agree that basing it on the legacy game probably would present the best adventure package, with art and video.

#509 6 years ago

I’ll be buying the Iron Maiden pin no matter who designed it and no matter how good or bad it is!! This is one of my all time favorite bands and I am willing to pay $5200 for a massive paper weight if need be. I said this prior to the Kiss release and I am saying it again. That being said, I own the Kiss pin and love it and have no intention of ever selling it! Build it Stern and we will buy it! Up the Irons!

#510 6 years ago

Must have songs:

Interesting you talk about the legacy of the beast game, hadn't seen it: http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/

If based on this, you would play as Eddie, this would remove the need for any band imagery on the display as it would be based on this. There are some kick ass art shots in there as well, if Stern could purchase those assets along with the license, it would save a heck of a lot of time when it comes to the rendering of the art for the display.

There's also the comic https://ironmaiden.com/comic

This has fantastic covers, I think with this and the game there are plenty of assets for them to use, makes more sense to base it on this considering all the imagery relates to Eddie and the obvious time and effort that has gone into the comic and the game. This would be a step away from most of the music pins with "old man art" on them somewhere. I think it would also broaden the base it appeals to quite significantly.

#511 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know who Keith is. And I swear I am not trolling here, but shouldn’t we see a real shipped game (that is fun) before we go nuts? Maybe I better re-watch the Archer videos..

Of course, but people convince themselves of the next big thing.

Also, they should be careful what they wish for with Lyman on IM, if it is indeed to be released in March. He's purportedly still full time on BM'66 ... likely meaning precious little time for a new machine imminently released, and another Stern that's worse than barebones on release.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Interesting you talk about the legacy of the beast game, hadn't seen it: http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/
If based on this, you would play as Eddie, this would remove the need for any band imagery on the display as it would be based on this. There are some kick ass art shots in there as well, if Stern could purchase those assets along with the license, it would save a heck of a lot of time when it comes to the rendering of the art for the display.
There's also the comic https://ironmaiden.com/comic
This has fantastic covers, I think with this and the game there are plenty of assets for them to use, makes more sense to base it on this considering all the imagery relates to Eddie and the obvious time and effort that has gone into the comic and the game. This would be a step away from most of the music pins with "old man art" on them somewhere. I think it would also broaden the base it appeals to quite significantly.

If it were based on the game the LCD material is already off the charts!

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Of course, but people convince themselves of the next big thing.
Also, they should be careful what they wish for with Lyman on IM, if it is indeed to be released in March. He's purportedly still full time on BM'66 ... likely meaning precious little time for a new machine imminently released, and another Stern that's worset han barebones on release.

If as Kaneda and others are saying it is Elwin's first game, surely as a player ranked number 4 in the world, he would design the rules and have other members of the team coding it with him?

#514 6 years ago

I had 2 dream pins : Star Wars and Maiden. Star wars really did not do it for me.......so 1 left. Maiden LE would be so sweet next to my AC/DC Premium and MET Pro.

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I said this in hopes it would spurn some definite proof. It didnt work.

That is funny! I have never thought of doing that, great idea. I do not think we will get any definite proof until March unless a magazine add comes out early like what happened with Aerosmith.

#516 6 years ago

Lots of hope for peoples fave tracks but lets be honest - nothing from No Prayer will be on there and aside from Fear of the Dark nothing else from that album goes either. And there is a less than absolutely zero % Blaze songs.

#517 6 years ago

All we have to do is look at recent concert history to know what songs will be on the game.
Number of the beast - 100%
The Trooper - 100%
Fear of the dark - 100%
Run to the hills - 100%
Aces high - 90%
2 minutes to midnight - 90%
The wicker man -90%
Speed of light - 90% (too new to be 100%)
Wasted years - 90%
Powerslave - 90%
Blood brothers 60% (I would say 90% but might be too slow for Pinball)
Iron Maiden 60% (due to studio version not containing Bruce)
Hallowed be thy name (would’ve been 100% but lawsuit pending) now at 0%

This is in no way my list just the most likely imo

My list of 12 is

Rhyme of the ancient mariner
Number of the beast
The Trooper
Aces high
2 minutes to midnight
The wicker man
Hallowed be thy name
Alexander the Great
Flight of Icarus
The evil that men do
Can I play with madness
Die with your boots on

#518 6 years ago

I wouldnt actually total rule out iron maiden due to not being bruce. I think they own all royalties (same way they bought out blaze from royalties iirc).

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

All we have to do is look at recent concert history to know what songs will be on the game.
Number of the beast - 100%
The Trooper - 100%
Fear of the dark - 100%
Run to the hills - 100%
Aces high - 90%
2 minutes to midnight - 90%
The wicker man -90%
Speed of light - 90% (too new to be 100%)
Wasted years - 90%
Powerslave - 90%
Blood brothers 60% (I would say 90% but might be too slow for Pinball)
Iron Maiden 60% (due to studio version not containing Bruce)
Hallowed be thy name (would’ve been 100% but lawsuit pending) now at 0%
This is in no way my list just the most likely imo
My list of 12 is
Rhyme of the ancient mariner
Number of the beast
The Trooper
Aces high
2 minutes to midnight
The wicker man
Hallowed be thy name
Alexander the Great
Flight of Icarus
The evil that men do
Can I play with madness
Die with your boots on

There is 0% chance they will NOT include Iron Maiden. It has been played at literally EVERY SINGLE show ever. I'm sure they are all tired of playing it, but that's the obvious Wizard Mode tune

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is 0% chance they will NOT include Iron Maiden. It has been played at literally EVERY SINGLE show ever. I'm sure they are all tired of playing it, but that's the obvious Wizard Mode tune

Yeah agree 100%.....this is when it's time to bring out Eddie in the shows....would be so sweet if that wizard or mini wizard or even just a multiball mode brings an Eddie bashing toy out of nowhere. Like the Iron Monger that comes from under the playfield.

#521 6 years ago

Iron Maiden pin is happening!

81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81nERDuIHtL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yeah agree 100%.....this is when it's time to bring out Eddie in the shows....would be so sweet if that wizard or mini wizard or even just a multiball mode brings an Eddie bashing toy out of nowhere. Like the Iron Monger that comes from under the playfield.

That is a fantastic idea. They could easily have 2, or rotate them like the Alien queen was supposed to, so you only saw the wizard Eddie when you get far
Enough. It would beat “over the rainbow” mode on WOZ!

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I wouldnt actually total rule out iron maiden due to not being bruce. I think they own all royalties (same way they bought out blaze from royalties iirc).

Not ruling it out at all I gave it a 60% chance meaning it will most likely be in there I think there will be 12 songs on the machine and I listed 13, so imho it will be 12 of the 13 I listed just not sure which one they will leave out. As for Eddie coming out during the song Iron Maiden....that only happened on a few tours IM changes it up every tour. Last year it was on the song the book of souls and other tours it was powerslave and other songs

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Not ruling it out at all I gave it a 60% chance meaning it will most likely be in there I think there will be 12 songs on the machine and I listed 13, so imho it will be 12 of the 13 I listed just not sure which one they will leave out. As for Eddie coming out during the song Iron Maiden....that only happened on a few tours IM changes it up every tour. Last year it was on the song the book of souls and other tours it was powerslave and other songs

No offence but you obviously have not seen a Maiden show live. Eddie comes out and walks around during a different song on various tours - he came out for Wasted Years on the US leg of the somewhere back in time tour. He also - ALWAYS ALWAYS Always ALWays comes out at the end of the show during iron maiden. Look up any show where they play iron maiden. Which is literally all of them. Find one, I’ll wait.

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No offence but you obviously have not seen a Maiden show live. Eddie comes out and walks around during a different song on various tours - he came out for Wasted Years on the US leg of the somewhere back in time tour. He also - ALWAYS ALWAYS Always ALWays comes out at the end of the show during iron maiden. Look up any show where they play iron maiden. Which is literally all of them. Find one, I’ll wait.

None taken but I have seen madein 10 times. Three times on this last tour with first to the barrier. Three other times in the last 10 years and four times in the 80s and 90s so yes I do know what I’m talking about. If you call inflatable Eddie....coming out then yes that is true. But I don’t call that Eddie “coming out”

#526 6 years ago

I mean if you want to call that Eddie coming out then I guess he comes out every song on banners but when somebody says Eddie came out that means he walked around the stage

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Dead on. Is it sacrilege to say that I hate bash toys? Praying there isn't one.

#528 6 years ago

I guess it will be a rethemed monster bash.
Would fit perfectly.

#529 6 years ago

Something we don't know yet is if songs will tie to modes as in AC/DC or be jukebox style as in MET. Hoping for the first case and if so, Designers need to match song selection with layout and art direction. Theoretically they couldn't pick the song list first, or could they? How about someone finding this out?

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

None taken but I have seen madein 10 times. Three times on this last tour with first to the barrier. Three other times in the last 10 years and four times in the 80s and 90s so yes I do know what I’m talking about. If you call inflatable Eddie....coming out then yes that is true. But I don’t call that Eddie “coming out”

Halford already came out, maybe Eddie err Edwin will feel comfortable enough!! Metal up your ass, I mean. Up the Irons!!

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Something we don't know yet is if songs will tie to modes as in AC/DC or be jukebox style as in MET. Hoping for the first case and if so, Designers need to match song selection with layout and art direction. Theoretically they couldn't pick the song list first, or could they? How about someone finding this out?

Do we actually know anything??? What is it that we know?

#532 6 years ago

gaz (resized).pnggaz (resized).png

#533 6 years ago

Bruce will want many new songs in the game we all know it and I will not like it but have always wanted this pin to be made regardless. The next tour will be a good one as I posted past interview of possible set of old school tunes from article.

#534 6 years ago

Hopefully pinball browser will allow us to change the music if we want to. I don't really care for the new Maiden stuff, I'm an old school fan so stuff from original album to Somewhere In Time would be my pickings. This COULD be a great game...

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I disagree with the songs

Ok, let me put it this way. I assume you're familar with LITZ in Twilight Zone? IMHO Litz doesn't go on long enough, approx 45 secs. It's over before you know it.

Imagine a LITZ type Wizard or normal mode, with 6 ball multiball going for the full 3 minutes of Genghis Khan? Imagine the light show and the madness... for 3 minutes?

#536 6 years ago

Ok, let me put it this way. I assume you're familar with LITZ in Twilight Zone? IMHO Litz doesn't go on long enough, approx 45 secs. It's over before you know it.
Imagine a LITZ type Wizard or normal mode, with 6 ball multiball going for the full 3 minutes of Genghis Khan? Imagine the light show and the madness... for 3 minutes?

Im just not that into the two first albums. That is one example where a rerecording with current lineup would be great just listen to prowler 88!

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Im just not that into the two first albums. That is one example where a rerecording with current lineup would be great just listen to prowler 88!

Wrathchild has also been released with Bruce on vocals. (Are there any more out there?(

It still would be great to hear one or two songs from the debut, or Killers - both of them are still in regular rotation at my house. Running Free or Sanctuary!

They could always use live versions, which I believe they did on Ed Hunter

#538 6 years ago

I would have no reason to replace any of the songs if they are all off the first two albums with Paul Di' Anno on vocals.

#539 6 years ago

2 minutes to midnight easter egg mode that actually occurs at 2 minutes to midnight...
Just sayin

#540 6 years ago

Great suggestion gatordad - just like the midnight madness modes on older Williams.

Standing here with money in hand for an LE. Come on Stern!

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

2 minutes to midnight easter egg mode that actually occurs at 2 minutes to midnight...
Just sayin

The only reason I keep batteries in some of my games! Great idea

#542 6 years ago

I hear ya DG....I'm not quite as big a fan as you are sir, but nobody is lol. Never bought a new pin, or an LE, so I'm just trying to figure out which distro to go with. JJ has bought me 3 drinks, so I'm pretty inclined to go with him. But I also wonder if there are any small time guys I'm overlooking. Even so, buying me 18 yr old Macallan meant a lot to me.

#543 6 years ago

Gettin SO PUMPED for this machine!

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I hear ya DG....I'm not quite as big a fan as you are sir, but nobody is lol. Been working the wife for YEARS on this and have the "official ok". Never bought a new pin, or an LE, so I'm just trying to figure out which distro to go with. JJ has bought me 3 drinks, so I'm pretty inclined to go with him. But I also wonder if there are any small time guys I'm overlooking. Even so, buying me 18 yr old Macallan meant a lot to me.

Christ that is some expensive drink. And nothing is better

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Christ that is some expensive drink. And nothing is better

20 year. By a nose.

#547 6 years ago

Just got off the phone with JJ. "Officially" in line for my first and last nib LE. Maybe premium, we'll see...
JJ's Twin Peaks meet and greets are where I met the Nebraska crew, and those guys are the best dudes on the planet. So thanks to him for doing those and buying everyone a round.
I feel like a kid waiting on a Christmas present.
UP THE MF IRONS

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

UP THE MF IRONS

Instead of up and down votes, we need more options like facebook. Use the ones facebook has but add a "roll eyes" imogee.

You'd get a Heart from me.

I have my LE reserved at my distributor, too. Congrats on your first and last one. Take lots of photos. I still look back at the photos I took opening up my first which was LOTR in '03.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would have no reason to replace any of the songs if they are all off the first two albums with Paul Di' Anno on vocals.

You know that's DEFINITELY NOT gonna happen!

"Today is born the seventh one
Born of woman the seventh son
And he in turn of a seventh son
He has the power to heal
He has the gift of the second sight
He is the chosen one
So it shall be written
So it shall be done"

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Iron Maiden pin is happening!

oh, we got a LOT of awesome bands pins happening....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

There are 674 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pin/page/11?hl=djkyrtgfsrfw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.