Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PhilGreg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Iron Maiden or Megadeth Pinball?”

• Iron Maiden 60 votes
      52%
    • Megadeth 14 votes
      12%
    • Both 13 votes
      11%
    • Neither 29 votes
      25%

(116 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

384781_363691783744787_1332759014_n.jpg
    eddy.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Iron Maiden or Megadeth Pinball?

AC/DC was/is great! (I prefer the PRO edition)
    Metallica to me was Zzzz! (haven't played LE yet)

Both Iron Maiden and Megadeth
    -Have huge and good libraries of music
    -Still make albums
    -Still tour
    -Have multitudes of merchandise and branding
    -Fucking Rock!

Which do you want to be made and by what designer and why?

I would choose Steve Ritchie + Lyman Sheats for both!

#2 10 years ago

Last thing I'd ever want to do is give Dave Mustaine any money. What a despicable human being.

#3 10 years ago

I like iron maiden, but there is really no compareson here. You can easily pick 5 or 6 songs just from Rust In Peace album. One of the greatest metal albums out there.

#5 10 years ago

Iron Maiden hands down !

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Last thing I'd ever want to do is give Dave Mustaine any money. What a despicable human being.

What did he ever do to you or your pinball machines?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Iron Maiden or Megadeth Pinball?
    AC/DC was/is great! (I prefer the PRO edition)Metallica to me was Zzzz! (haven't played LE yet)
    Both Iron Maiden and Megadeth-Have huge and good libraries of music-Still make albums-Still tour-Have multitudes of merchandise and branding-Fucking Rock!
    Which do you want to be made and by what designer and why?
    I would choose Steve Ritchie + Lyman Sheats for both!

AC/DC you prefer the pro ? Met is Zzz? You want a Megadith Pinball?

You are really Strange

#8 10 years ago

I definitely prefer Megadeth's music over Maiden, but the artwork on a Maiden pin would be sick.

Hard choice for me.

#9 10 years ago

Iron Maiden

#10 10 years ago

I prefer Megadeth's music by a wide margin, but not enough to make me pony up the dough for a pin based on them. So I went with the neither option.

#11 10 years ago

Neither

#12 10 years ago

Definitely neither.

#13 10 years ago

Mega-deth , Mega-deth, Mega-deth
    Hire Ed Repka for the artwork -
    I would have no choice , please make it a JJP machine

Iron Maiden would be slick also

#14 10 years ago

Hands down it's got to be Iron Maiden. Aces High or Powerslave LE would be sick!!

#15 10 years ago

I'd prefer a Maiden pin though I am a huge fan of both bands. That being said, if its made by Stern ill pass and buy a JJP "The Sound of Music" pin instead.

#16 10 years ago

Can't deny the impact of Maiden but Megadeth for me.

Unless Helloween is an alternative to Maiden

#17 10 years ago

I think both would be kick a$&!!!

#18 10 years ago

Megadeth!

However, it would probably suck since Dave refuses to perform or license any of the early songs anymore.

By his own admission, those songs were written and recorded back when he was practicing witchcraft.

He is now a born again Christian.

#19 10 years ago

I said it before and stay it again Maiden in 2014 will be made. Yes I am I fan not crazy fan but enjoy everything by them up to Brave New World. Last great album from strart to finish. Only thing I would be afraid of is if they make one Bruce would want 5 new songs from next years new album in game which probably would suck. Great live act but wish they played longer sets and more than just 13 to 15 songs for an hour n half. There are other rock or heavy metal bands I like more that would never get a pin made but Maiden would be cool and sell out like Metallica if done right. No trendy alternative shit music pins should ever be made. It's only rock n roll and I like it.

#20 10 years ago

Maiden!

Or Judas Priest or Slayer!!!

But when its the quality from Metallica, this is the last Stern! The quality must be better for the money...

pvhtv

#21 10 years ago

I would like either, but I would much prefer a Megadeth pin, as I prefer their music.

Quoted from Magic_Mike:

However, it would probably suck since Dave refuses to perform or license any of the early songs anymore.

I just saw them at Gigantour last night and he played a decent amount of his old stuff.

Trust
    Hangar 18
    Wake Up Dead
    In My Darkest Hour
    Sweating Bullets
    Skin o' My Teeth
    A Tout Le Monde
    She-Wolf
    Kingmaker
    Cold Sweat
    Dance in the Rain
    Symphony of Destruction
    Peace Sells
    Encore:
    Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

#22 10 years ago

Best Maiden track Paschendale from Dances of Death

#23 10 years ago

I vote other...A Maiden vs Megadeth pin. Set up like Transformers.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I would like either, but I would much prefer a Megadeth pin, as I prefer their music.

I just saw them at Gigantour last night and he played a decent amount of his old stuff.

I probably should have been more specific. Virtually most of the 80's stuff.

This *roughly* covers the first three albums.

His lyrics switched to politics and economics once the 90's hit.

#25 10 years ago

Like I said Iron maiden but by Jersey Jack pinball,it will be fantastic

#26 10 years ago

I would be all about a powerslave or seventh son le

#27 10 years ago

What about an Aerosmith game? Do people think that would be successful?

#28 10 years ago

If I had to choose between the two, Iron Maiden would be my choice. Personally, I think there are so many more other bands that deserve a pin more than these two. I don't hate IM or MD, but I would wait on those in terms of music pins.

#29 10 years ago

I vote for MegaMaiden... A hybrid.

#30 10 years ago

Artwork is a toss-up... Vic rattlehead's a pretty sweet mascot

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

+1

If you voted neither your whole life has been nothing but Wasted Years...

#32 10 years ago

This is not even a valid question..........Comparing Iron Maiden to Megadeath is an insult to Iron Maiden and I listen to Megadeath.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_ox100:

What about an Aerosmith game? Do people think that would be successful?

Which Aerosmith?

The old rocking blues based band, or the newer, songs written by Celene Dion band?

#34 10 years ago

Black Sabbath or Zeppelin next

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Best Maiden track Paschendale from Dances of Death
    » YouTube video

I hated this boring album. Songs drag on not like Brave New World from start to finish if we're comparing there newer albums over the years and not the classics.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

If I had to choose between the two, Iron Maiden would be my choice. Personally, I think there are so many more other bands that deserve a pin more than these two. I don't hate IM or MD, but I would wait on those in terms of music pins.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

And those would be? Hope there still bands that are around making music! Curious to your choices but remember not all will work or sell like an Iron Maiden pin and I am not there biggest fan either as I am of other bands like Motörhead or the Scorpions which never will have a chance if being made. I still vote for a Monsters of Rock pin with the classic bands from the tour back in the day.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I hated this boring album.

Thank you for your opinion.

#38 10 years ago

I love both bands (the newer Megadeth not so much alas) and their associated mascots. Iron Maiden and Megadeth are (musically speaking) very different bands (NWBHM vs. Thrash) but both share brilliant song writing and musical arrangements for their given genres. As for their mascots artwork, Iron Maiden's Eddie was created by artist Derek Riggs and Megadeth's Vic Rattlehead was initially conceived by Dave Mustaine but artist Edward J. Repka gets the credit for his first evolution. While great games could be created for either IMHO I feel that the combo of Maiden's signature gallop rhythms and a very twisted Eddie would be one epic pinball machine. eddy.jpgeddy.jpg

#39 10 years ago

Go with the band that has their own beer! Its actually quite tasty too, Nicko has a restaurant down the way from my house that serves it.

384781_363691783744787_1332759014_n.jpg384781_363691783744787_1332759014_n.jpg

#40 10 years ago

I'm more of a Megadeth fan than Maiden (although I do like them too). But for a pinball machine you need very popular bands (Rolling Stones, AC-DC, Metallica, Elvis, etc.) - I think Maiden just barely makes that threshold, but Megadeth falls far below it.
    Maiden has a better "universe", so to speak - pretty much every album has songs and/or a cover that tells an imaged story, more so than Megadeth.
    I don't think die hard Megadeth fans are extremely happy with the newer stuff while Maiden has better cult status and their recent albums, I would think, made fans happier.

So I think Maiden might have a somewhat of shot at being a successful machine, not Megadeth.

Sorry Dave, Metallica wins another battle, this time on the pinball field.

#41 10 years ago

I want Maiden for sure and after have no problem at all adding a Megadeth.

Metallica
    Maiden
    AC/DC
    Megadeth

Halfway there to my dream lineup

#42 10 years ago

Megadeth all the way for me.

#43 10 years ago

Maybe they could do a split combo like transformers, alternating tracks from both bands.... Maiden artwork is by far thee best of anything out there.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Black Sabbath or Zeppelin next

Now that's better... Amen to that.

#45 10 years ago

Eh, neither. I own an AC/DC and I really like Metallica, but I'm ready for a return to non-music themes. There's just too much baggage that comes with settling on a band anyway. I don't think Megadeth nor Iron Maiden have enough fans to create the same excitement as AC/DC or Metallica did.

#46 10 years ago

Hehe. annoying...

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Eh, neither. I own an AC/DC and I really like Metallica, but I'm ready for a return to non-music themes. There's just too much baggage that comes with settling on a band anyway. I don't think Megadeth nor Iron Maiden have enough fans to create the same excitement as AC/DC or Metallica did.

I miss the days of non-licensed pins... they seem to age much better than the licensed ones, with some exceptions.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This is not even a valid question..........Comparing Iron Maiden to Megadeath is an insult to Iron Maiden and I listen to Megadeath.

Music is a bit subjective, eh?

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

I miss the days of non-licensed pins... they seem to age much better than the licensed ones, with some exceptions.

Yeah, the original themes were great. The only problem is that compared to licenses, they didn't sell well. Very few of the original themes (in the DMD era) sold comparably well to the licensed themes.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, the original themes were great. The only problem is that compared to licenses, they didn't sell well. Very few of the original themes (in the DMD era) sold comparably well to the licensed themes.

Yeah, I guess from the company's perspective, "aging well" doesn't weigh a whole lot in the balance. I think the best model from their perspective right now is to maximize cult status + general popularity. Cult status alone doesn't work (an Eraserhead or Fugazi pinball machine? I don't think so...), I don't think popularity by itself on a given day works either.

I think Maiden has a good cult status and some general popularity, but if I were a head honcho at Stern and wanted to make some money, there are many themes that would pass ahead of it. And I wouldn't even consider Megadeth.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-or-megadeth-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.