Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Hi guys, have a few questions for u pinheads, what would u buy, Ironmaiden or Mediveal Madness? Then I wonder, would you buy Pro or Premium if it’s Maiden u would buy. If u Pick Mediveal, remake or old classic one? Big differences on those choices or? All help is good help, thanks

#2 4 months ago

Original MM

#3 4 months ago

IMDN Premium/LE

#4 4 months ago

MM is great. Nothing feels better to shoot. But got old to me after 6 months. Maiden is one of the longest in my collection, and WAY cheaper! I love my LE, but the pro is basically the same game and you can save even more monies!

#5 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

MM is great. Nothing feels better to shoot. But got old to me after 6 months. Maiden is one of the longest in my collection, and WAY cheaper! I love my LE, but the pro is basically the same game and you can save even more monies!

In process of buying a Maiden...could you explain the differences between Pro vs LE? I've heard the Pro is actually better..can you discuss?

#6 4 months ago

Very tough call. Mm may have better resale down the road tho....

#7 4 months ago

Premium has a path to go up then behind the left loop to the mummy creating a ball lock and newton ball. The center ramp then lifts up and has a VUK below it. I love the premium and think it’s worth the extra money but everybody’s different on what they value.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

In process of buying a Maiden...could you explain the differences between Pro vs LE? I've heard the Pro is actually better..can you discuss?

The pro is not better. It's a substantially different game because of the lifting ramp, the change to lock the mummy ball, and the orb shot. After playing both extensively for about 6 months each (Pro before changed out for the Premium) I much prefer the Premium.

And in the case of MM vs Iron Maiden Prem/LE, I'd say Iron Maiden wins long term. Much more to the game to explore in a home environment.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

The pro is not better. It's a substantially different game because of the lifting ramp, the change to lock the mummy ball, and the orb shot. After playing both extensively for about 6 months each (Pro before changed out for the Premium) I much prefer the Premium.

Yeah but the reliability of the premium mechs suck. They're just cheaply engineered and most need to spend hours getting them right.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah but the reliability of the premium mechs suck. They're just cheaply engineered and most need to spend hours getting them right.

I have literally made zero mech adjustments and only two part replacements ON A ROUTE MACHINE.

I think the early prem/le were worse, there were a lot of horror stories. This Premium was from after the initial run or late in the initial run and has been fantastic aside from the newton balls needing replacement (they popped off their posts).

There IS still the issue of playfield bunching that affected some unknown portion of Iron Maiden machines, Prem AND Pro, so that's also a consideration.

#11 4 months ago

MM is great classic pin (I love AFM and can see how MM is similar) but to me Maiden is a lot more interesting with many different shots/flippers and more complex rules and love the newer display technology.

Basically you win either way

MM = true classic
Maiden = modern classic check back in 20 years to see if it's still on top 20 list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grain Valley, MO
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 89.99
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mequon, WI
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Millsboro, DE
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside