71%
  • Deadpool 61 votes
    29%

(214 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20181114_125951 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180906_134737_978 (resized).jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

What separates the two populations and why?

Thats the difference between the men and the boys!

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

God I wish Elwins game had become GOTG or Deadpool rather than Iron Maiden although I would still pick IM over both of those despite the music. Theme is fine just not a fan of the songs.
Deadpool needs time to see how the rules are but the playfield looks great fun if set up properly.

This 100%. Every now and then I reconsider IM because it’s a great pin and likely is a better value than many other recent pins, but the theme/music just kills it for me. I have a DP on order, and while I suspect it will be fun, it’s super expensive for what it includes.

Stern should save themselves some money and just retheme IM.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

What separates the two populations and why?

Seems like it is usually the theme over gameplay, but sounds like both for you.

#54 5 years ago

I ordered a Deadpool pro as my first nib game ever. I love maiden but I think Deadpool is great and has a lot of code left to go on it and thematically I like it a lot more. DP has that one more time feel for me and that’s important in a home game. I’m excited to get it!

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I ordered a Deadpool pro as my first nib game ever. I love maiden but I think Deadpool is great and has a lot of code left to go on it and thematically I like it a lot more. DP has that one more time feel for me and that’s important in a home game. I’m excited to get it!

You’ll be happy with your choice. If you can get rocking, by completing everything plus Sinister in one game, nobody will come knocking. You will become the Master.

#56 5 years ago

Having owned both, I’d say IMDN has code that puts it ahead. I like the music, but I’m kinda tired of it. Still love the layout and the rules. The massive number of high scores up for grabs is awesome too.

Unclear if DP will get that same type of rule set. I hope so. But it’s still fun the way it is regardless. Love the music, sound effects, pixel graphics, and the team ups / boss fights.

#57 5 years ago

If you don't like Iron Maiden's music I wouldn't recommend spending $5600 - $7500 or so on a pro or premium. Get the one that you enjoy the most.

#58 5 years ago

Deadpoo.

#59 5 years ago

Own imdn pro and love it. Played deadpool this past weekend briefly and left quite impressed (I played with Frolic!!) Imdn still takes this and will be considered a modern classic with what it offers...imo

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I haven't seen or played the Premium of either game. Based on the Pros, I would rather have IMDN with all of the music swapped out for something I can enjoy. DP is fun though and the Premium might sway me..

Music swapped out to what?

#61 5 years ago

I took it as which game would you prefer to play. DP is new and looks interesting so it gets my vote. I already know Maiden is a masterpiece.

#62 5 years ago

Pretty f-ing AWESOME that both of these games are good enough that you really can’t go wrong. Stern is really hitting home runs lately

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Music swapped out to what?

Slayer...

2 months later
#64 5 years ago

Any new thoughts from anyone who was posting on this thread? I'm wanting to get a few pins in the next year, and I like both Iron Maiden, and Deadpool. I've never played IMDN with the sound up, though, and I'm pretty sure I won't care for their music. I'm tempted to jump on a Pro version of one of these since the prices are attractive.

#65 5 years ago

Deadpool...of curse...

20181114_125951 (resized).jpg20181114_125951 (resized).jpg
#66 5 years ago

I had a chance to spend some time with both a few weeks ago. I am a fan of both Iron Maiden (the band) and Deadpool in general. I had high hopes for IMDN based on the opinions here.

I played both in barcades...which I am sure makes a bit of a difference.

I did not really enjoy IMDN much. I found the shots unsatisfying repeatedly. Now, I won't pretend I got very far into the game, but my initial impressions just weren't that good and I spent around an hour playing it. Maybe the shots are harder? but for starters that upper flipper in the middle of the pf just annoyed me. It didn't really 'do' anything, just a dead end. I thought the center PF was too open as well.

Deadpool on the other hand I liked a bit more. I'm not sure I liked it enough to buy one NIB though. It was hard to hear any of the callouts so I was just kind of going with the flow.

I expected to really like both, now I've ended up going in another direction. I guess it just goes to show, play a game before you commit to plopping money down on it.

#67 5 years ago

Both are fun games. Maiden tends to be a longer playing game with a much deeper and broader rule set.Maiden to me has more satisfying shots, a better light show and more going on. Flownis better on maiden.

Deadpool I find can actually be pretty brutal with shallower rules, but it's a lot of fun.

I'd say maiden would hold attention longer, but Deadpool code is still evolving so have to reserve judgment.

#68 5 years ago

Nice to read others' thoughts. Thanks.

#69 5 years ago

I have these 2 pins and i like a lot these 2 pins ;o)

I think deadpool is much more a control pin that IMDN which is much more speed with longer ball.

Deadpool with new code can really be a good surprise and a very great pin... DP is really addictive (at the beginning i thought it was not terrible but more you play more you like it because you understand the prioritary shoots).

Yannick

2 weeks later
#70 5 years ago

I can not comment on Iron Maiden because I did not play. I've spent time with Deadpool and it's so much fun. I can see a lot of balls in the air and jump on top of things. It squats on the blue rubber on the left ramp and hits the falling ramp. the bottom part, besides jumping on slingshot.estoy thinking about changing by iron maniden

#71 5 years ago

I probably only have 10ish games on each, but while dislike the music from Iron Maiden, that would still be my choose. I like the layout with the multiple upper playfield loops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-or-deadpool/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.