(Topic ID: 333853)

Iron Maiden or Avengers, or Dead Pool?!!?

By Modernpinman

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gandamack
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Iron Maiden or Avengers, or Dead Pool?!!?”

• Iron Maiden 37 votes
      62%
    • Avengers 5 votes
      8%
    • Deadpool 18 votes
      30%

(60 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Wanted to get opinions. I am at a loss to decide between these two machines? I like the music and am a metal head so I lean toward Maiden. However Avengers seems more a game that people would connect to a broader audience. Deadpool is my third choice, as it just seems like it has “fun factor”. So for those of you that have eitherof them, which one would be a better play experience for the novice pinballer?

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Modernpinman:

Wanted to get opinions. I am at a loss to decide between these two machines? I like the music and am a metal head so I lean toward Maiden. However Avengers seems more a game more people would connect with the theme. So for those of you that have either, which one would be a better play experiemce for the novice pinballer?

Who it for? You or random people that come to your house? Maiden is a much better machine. If you want a comic theme, Deadpool is the way to go, and I think would be the most popular attraction for hosting, with all the humor.

Imo you buy avengers if you're just a huge avengers fan, or the last pin to complete your Keith Elwin collection. It's not a bad machine, there are just better ones.

#3 1 year ago

Buy games you’ll enjoy first.
    Maiden

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Who it for? You or random people that come to your house? Maiden is a much better machine. If you want a comic theme, Deadpool is the way to go, and I think would be the most popular attraction for hosting, with all the humor.
    Imo you buy avengers if you're just a huge avengers fan, or the last pin to complete your Keith Elwin collection. It's not a bad machine, there are just better ones.

Good question, and the answer is for ME! So thats why I really lean toward Maiden. Realistically, company will ooooo and ahhhhhh and forget about it the next day. Not into the comic theme, but good point on the humor of deadpool. However deadpool moves to the list of “if I had miney to stack pins”. Avengers, I love Marvel but again am not a Marvel die hard.

#5 1 year ago

Sounds like its Maiden then.

"Advice is something you ask for when you already know the answer and wish you didn't".

#7 1 year ago

Maiden easy
    EDIT: And the music sucks

#8 1 year ago

Adding another vote for Maiden, especially if you like the music already. The layout is a blast, mode objectives are varied, and the callouts make it a totally immersive package. You won't be disappointed, and the upshot is, if you get tired of it, it's one that retains its resale value pretty well. Go for it!

#9 1 year ago

Maiden and I think if you want to trade for either of those or something later, Maiden would be easier to find someone looking for it. I think they will stop making them soon, after next run?

#10 1 year ago

Maiden is one of the best games out there, if you are into the theme it is a no brainer. DP would be a close second for me but it is more a retro video game feel and has more humor than Maiden. I found Avengers didn't really connect with people, especially me and I sold mine a while ago - it is based on the comics not the movies so unlikely the movies the music and voice acting was mediocre at best. The rules on Avengers (moving jewels around, etc.) are way too complex for all but the top tournament players to make significant progress in the game.

#11 1 year ago

Maiden. And I have no sway towards the music either.

#12 1 year ago

No contest. Iron Maiden. Part of the allure is that it kind of reminds me of when pins were a bit more hardcore and not so kid-friendly.... think Gorgar, Paragon..... add to this the fact that it is a real shooter and Elwin's first for Stern and you can't go wrong.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.