anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

This is my only mod so far. Chopped him off at the knees and tucked him behind the sign. I need to slit the wraps a little to get his arms to bend up in the more iconic position, but it looks pretty good IMO.

IMG_4628 (resized).JPGIMG_4628 (resized).JPG

Updated mummy. The broken links in his mouth act like little hooks. Just attach the chains, but be sure to use Super Glue or something similar so they don't vibrate off.

IMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPG

#58 5 years ago

Just an early look at the orb mod I'm doing for my IM Pro. I drilled a hole in the plastic centered on the orb graphic and flipped my LED board. I mounted a clear ball and added a blue diffuser to add some color. I will experiment with different colors and brightness. Just a quick vid showing the orb mod and me playing one handed. It should definitely be more obvious where the orb shot is.

I don't have it yet, but Ill be mounting a Legacy of the Beast mini-figure Clairvoyant behind the orb. I would also like to add a little base to the ball to give it a more finished look. Here it is.

I considered trying to position the lit orb between her hands too.

Clairvoyant (resized).jpgClairvoyant (resized).jpg

#61 5 years ago

Thanks guys. The orb mod is super easy. It took me no more than 15 minutes or so.

For my orb I used a globe from a string of lights. The globe is the size I wanted and the shape works well. I also like the fact it's not perfectly clear (I would have preferred a cloudy look) but it was affordable and looks great from the players view. I ended up lightly sanding the globe anyway to get my cloudy look and hide the bubbles inside.

IMG_4677 (resized).JPGIMG_4677 (resized).JPG

String of globe lights for $9 and free shipping. You can pluck the globes off and still have the string of lights too.

https://www.amazon.com/Qedertek-Outdoor-Crystal-Waterproof-Decorations/dp/B012VIRDB2/ref=sr_1_12

I drilled a hole in the plastic the same diameter as the little downtube. It keeps the ball steady and seems to help channel the light. I chose to file the tube down some, but it could be left long to add a pedestal for the orb. I simple slid a piece of blue sticky note paper between the led and lightly sanded globe to change the color.

The more I play with it the more I really like it, even without adding the figure (although I’m going to)

I like the orb illuminates when the orb is hit and obviously when the orb shot is lit.

IMG_4663 (resized).JPGIMG_4663 (resized).JPG

#65 5 years ago

Just as an update, I added my mini-figure, but she was still too big. I had to cut her dress in half. I tried a few different mounting options, but opted for simplicity. I drill a hole (divot) the size of the center screw head and put a small dab of super glue in the divot (adhered to screw head) and it's very solid with no vibration.

Anyway, not as great as I hope, but better then the original IMO.

Clairvoyant1 (resized).JPGClairvoyant1 (resized).JPGClairvoyant2 (resized).JPGClairvoyant2 (resized).JPG

#76 5 years ago

The powerblade version of this will be insane.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Trade
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?tu=toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.