anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 5 years ago

I am offering the "Yo Dawg" Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit set. This is basically my SPIKE 2 (type 11) light kit with a pair of replacement speaker plates that have one of my type 9 Speaker Light Kits mounted behind it.

These SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates center the speaker holes in the honeycomb grill areas and also has the bars removed from the middle of the speaker holes. The plate was originally designed for users of aftermarket speakers (Flipper Fidelity, Pinball Pro, etc...) to be able to use those speakers with my Spike 2 Speaker Light Kits without having to cut the bars out of the holes in the original factory speaker plates themselves. These plates will be listed on my website soon for $17.50 a pair.

Redesigning the speaker plates gave me the opportunity to change some things like the previously mentioned speaker hole placement as well as having 4 mounting posts for each speaker instead of the 2 provided on the factory speaker plate. I also changed the mounting stud position so a buyer could mount one of my type 9 Speaker Light Kits behind it.

The SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates will ONLY work if you are also using one of my SPIKE 2 (type 11) Speaker Light Kits. They will work with factory original OR aftermarket speakers. The SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates will NOT work in Iron Maiden LE or Deadpool LE (as they use 5 1/4" speakers instead of 4" speakers).

Also, if someone does want a light kit in a light kit....this will ONLY work with 4" factory speakers or a 4" replacement that is not deeper than the factory speakers. So Flipper Fidelity speakers will NOT work with the 2 light kit setup (but they will work fine with my standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits).

So the "Yo Dawg" is a bit niche and limited to who can use it (No 5 1/4" speakers and no bigger (meaning deeper) aftermarket speakers), but it can be done with my new SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates. The plates were designed and made to help aftermarket speaker owners that wanted to use my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits easier to install.....being able to use the replacement plates to add another light kit behind them is just an added side effect of their design. I do not have the replacement speaker plates listed on my website yet and I'm not sure if I will be listing the Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit set to the website at all.....but they are available now, if you want them or have any questions about them you can ask at:

[email protected]

The price is $120 which is $7.50 off from the combined price of these items individually and includes a required power splitter for this setup. Each individual light kit (inner and outer) both operate independently and the same as my light kits always have. RGB with a 44 key remote. Any acrylic designs or sound controlled RGB controller options are not included, but can be purchased separately on my website.

Doug

www.speakerlightkits.com
Aries' Bungholes (resized).JPGAries' Bungholes (resized).JPGYo Dawg (resized).jpgYo Dawg (resized).jpg

1 week later
#341 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I think you are fine posting IM mods in this thread. I believe this thread was intended for all modders to display their creativity. There is lots of people showing all kinds of different mods here. Correct me if I am wrong.

His mod was a Deadpool mod. That is why he apologized after he noticed it was the wrong thread to be posting it on.

1 month later
#452 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Just received th tilt topper maiden topper and it looks awesome. Although I have no idea where it needs to be pigged in for power. Can anyone take a pic of the correct place. Here's the instructions I was given. Thanks.
"Use the empty 12 V plug located in the lower cabinet just below the right flipper button assembly."
[quoted image]

Sounds like the description to where the SAM / Whitestar +5v / +12v hookup was.

1 month later
#521 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Thanks!
I don’t remember it being nearly as complicated than this looks when I put them in on my Metallica, but I’m guessing it’s the Spike system.

Nothing more complicated on installing my Speaker Light Kits on an Iron Maiden LE over a Pro or Premium, just an extra step. There are spacers and a gasket between the back of the factory speaker plates and the speakers on the LE to allow tweeter room on the larger LE speakers. With my Speaker Light Kits installed the game doesn't need that extra space (as the light frame adds the 1/2" of room needed for the upgraded speakers extended tweeters).

So it's just as simple as taking out those factory spacers and gaskets that are no longer needed (removing 8 nuts, lifting up the speakers, removing the spacers and gasket, putting the speaker back down and then putting the nuts back on). So if you have the tooling and know how to remove a nut and put it back on....you can do it. The only thing that looks complicated is the technical drawing that Stern has in their manual to show where the described spacers are.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.