anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks so much! Believe it or not..this started out more as an egyptian them..but I lost control one night and started over again... that's when I came up with these.
Someone else had asked me the same question so It looks like I might have to finish the one I started.
but I am glad to har you like this one too.

The ones you showed is PERFECT for the pro and looks amazing!

BUT Id love to see an Egyptian theme for the Premium! Please finish that one and lets see it!

1 week later
#106 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I wanted to upload the video the best I could do is a still of the mod for the eyes.
I removed the plastic, cut out a piece of thick paper the entire shape, hole punched for the post and then held the paper and the plastic to the light, traced the eyes and used an exacto knife to cut the eyes out and reinstalled. Bingo.
Next, here's the plane I mounted which includes a 3 LED light (Comet Matrix) on the right wing to light up the center of the playfield.
And lastly, thank you to Marco for sending the Maiden banner which will be displayed at the Museum of Pinball in October for Pinball Madness to compliment our LE but for now it's in our home arcade....with my Pro.

The plane with the lights under the wing to light up that centerfiled area is perfect! Plane + needed extra lighting is a win win, like that ALOT!!!

Ok when will these be made to order???...someone please market this! Extra bonus if you battle wear the plane, needs some wear and tear and bullet holes maybe.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

More
Here's a few pics of my plane lit from underneath, I used purple. Pics show lit with game off, lit with game on and game on no light.

Wow looking great really lights up the top pf area!!!

Was wondering though, can you make an option to mount the plane over the drop targets plastic instead of up top... maybe with an extended post on the ramp entranceway? I think the 'Beast" area in center of the playfield is what needs the light the most. That option would also free up some area so we can replace the plastic 2d Cyborg Eddie with a 3d figure for the pro or upgrade the prem figure with a better one without looking too cluttered up there. Just a thought (and hope!) Like how this is progressing!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

More
Here you go...

NICE!!!

Look how well it lights up that area and illuminates the Beast area! Like it!

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

In preparation of purchasing the Premium, I have so far purchased the Killers and Trooper figures. However, I cannot seem to find any closeups of the playfield to see the Cyborg Eddie or the Piece of Mind Eddie that appears to be included on the Premium and LE versions. Could someone confirm if these figurines are factory installed/included by Stern before I look at purchasing the Piece of Mind figure aftermarket? Could someone send me a PM with pictures of their premium factory installed figures as well?

There is a factory installed piece of mind and somewhere in time (cyborg) eddie installed. They dont look that great at all though and looky pretty weak compared to everything else.

Defiantely purchase a new piece of mind eddie, up to you about somewhere in time eddie as those are very expensive.

Heres my replacement piece of mind eddie and factory cyborg eddie. I dont have pics of factory piece of mind but it was originally placed on the side of the ramp, not over the ramp. The facrory figure was not well painted or sculpted at all imo.

20180613_074128 (resized).jpg20180613_074128 (resized).jpg20180613_074141 (resized).jpg20180613_074141 (resized).jpg20180613_074149 (resized).jpg20180613_074149 (resized).jpg20180613_074201 (resized).jpg20180613_074201 (resized).jpg
#122 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

How are the after market figures secured to the playfield/plastics?

Yup zip ties so far. I zip tied piece of mind eddies left leg to the post across from the pop bumper as show in the pic above. Thats it. His knee kind of goes into the habitrail a little but doesnt touch the ball at all.

After lifting pf up i might need to do a slight adjustment (especially the chains) but nothing big.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

That piece of mind Eddie replacement is phenomenal, dude. Well done. Where would one get that?
Now to find a good replacement cyborg!

Look for 'neca piece of mind' or sometimes advertised (incorrectly?) as 'mcfarlane piece of mind'.

Most likely on ebay or sometimes amazon. I got mine a few years ago (ebay) displayed in my game room. Totally worth it to move it into its own pin lol!

There are 2 versions, the one I have comes with sculpted cell walls and the figure is all sculpted. The other one has a white clothed straightjacket and clothed jeans I think. They both look a little different.

I personally like the full sculpted one though its a little harder to find compared to the other one.

These things are getting pricier though.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

In preparation of purchasing the Premium, I have so far purchased the Killers and Trooper figures. However, I cannot seem to find any closeups of the playfield to see the Cyborg Eddie or the Piece of Mind Eddie that appears to be included on the Premium and LE versions. Could someone confirm if these figurines are factory installed/included by Stern before I look at purchasing the Piece of Mind figure aftermarket? Could someone send me a PM with pictures of their premium factory installed figures as well?

Heres the factory piece of mind eddie to compare with.

20180614_090213 (resized).jpg20180614_090213 (resized).jpg
#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lit plane with wing lights and underglow. Mounts off spotlight post above drop targets. This is the plastic version. On our website and pinside shop, I think it's about $60 shipped. One in stock, a few more ready mid week.
https://lermods.com/products/iron-maiden-pro-pinball-illuminated-plane-mod

Are the machine gun lights always on or are they interactive? Can you make them interactive if not?

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didn't design them as machine gun lights as I am not aware of any lights in the game that flash as "machine guns." The connection provided allows you to hook it to any flasher socket so it can be interactive, but I made the plane lights with their intent as indicator lights tied to the GI.

Sounds great! So if I wanted to tie just the front lights to the right dome flasher, it shoukd be ok and the front lights should blink or turn on/off with the flasher if I hook it up to that? Is it difficult to hook up this way vs originally intended gi?

If this can be done (or when I get it in if you could help me with that) I would be stoked!

I just think it would be cool to have the front lights interactive with a right ramp mode shot.

#138 5 years ago

Order placed for the sweet looking plane! Thanks a ton and look forward to getting it in the pin, can't wait!!!

Look forward to that underwing lighting brightening up that dark area in the pf!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just add some Speaker lights.

Looks sweet!

Where did you get those things?

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Here’s a video of them for now.

Awesome!!!

Yes let us know how you did it, I like it, well done!

#153 5 years ago

Finally got all the figures I want on and Somewhere in Time Eddie has been replaced with a bonus! Added trooper eddie as well (tough choice between him amd Killers, too bad no room for both).

Added in the "hand" from the somewhere in time cover (and torso of the cyborg eddie killed) on the sling plastic. I think it works and looks like the cyborg eddie just shot him on the pf.

Now just have to put on Lermods plane when it gets in!

20180621_174427 (resized).jpg20180621_174427 (resized).jpg20180621_215335 (resized).jpg20180621_215335 (resized).jpg20180621_215424 (resized).jpg20180621_215424 (resized).jpg20180621_215610 (resized).jpg20180621_215610 (resized).jpg20180621_215620 (resized).jpg20180621_215620 (resized).jpg20180621_215653 (resized).jpg20180621_215653 (resized).jpg20180621_215900 (resized).jpg20180621_215900 (resized).jpg
#155 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

. the pin to me needs nothing extra. Sometimes less is more.

Yes you are in the MOD thread.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I think the placement of the figures looks great. Personally, I think Stern completely dropped the ball and took the cheapest approach in their dressing up the machine with anything of dimension. With the vast catalog of Maiden and the different Eddie looks over the years, there is literally a different look for each album and arguably every single they've ever done. The plastics looks cheap compared to a figurine. There aren't a lot of different machines that can be dressed up with so many different looks. (ie Walking Dead=zombies, Ghostbusters=ghosts, KISS=4 faces total, etc) Iron Maiden has an entire book on the artwork of the albums/singles over the years.
Just curious how did you secure the dead cyborg on the lower right plastic?

Thanks, I agree Maiden albums were so unique and still had the consistency of Eddie which supported a theme in all their albums. Had to translate that over to the pin with the figures and like the upgrade in detail and likeness to album cover compared to stern stock.

I was going to try hot glue for the dead cyborg but someone suggested on another thread using 3m VHB tape which Im glad I got. The tape is cushiony and very strong so its not just like regular double sided tape, much much better and it sticks very well even with pf up. Great stuff.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

On seeing only the very first picture, I was thinking to myself "oh boy, way too much.." but seeing them actually on the playfield, in perspective - they look really good! The Piece of Mind Eddie over the ramp is great, and while I don't like the Trooper sculpt that much, it looks good there on the left. Cyborg Eddie looks like it was made for that spot on the PF. Good work. I think were this my game, I'd lose the arm on the sling, but really - big deal. Looks great!

Thanks! Ya I was debating on whether to put the dead cyborg with arm on the sling. It came as part of the diorama set with the somewhere in time eddie package that I got and decided to give it a shot. I always wondered what the rest of the arm looked like from the album cover and it was a nice surprise to see mcfarlane's version of who eddie just killed!

Guess I kind of saw it as a blu ray special on what the dead cyborg looked liked after all these years lol!

I'll keep him on for now as its easy to take off if I feel its getting too cluttered.

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time album cover (resized).jpgIron Maiden - Somewhere In Time album cover (resized).jpg
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’m talking on the pf. Mods aren’t restricted to playfield only buddy. Lighting, sound mods etc all awesome and that’s what I personally prefer over a bunch of 3D crap populating the pf. Some really innovative guys on here with speaker lighting etc that is cool to see.

Glad to know you hate all the '3D crap' people are coming up with for this pin. Imagine that, so many 3d mods actually being discussed in an IMDN mod thread. Great, we now know you hate them, thanks for your contributuon...buddy.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The point hes making is mods don't have to be little dolls all over the place. I agree with him. I'll use my Metallica as an example. I've done the lightshow mod, snake fang, snake tongue decal, and the snake extended plastic and sticker on the ramp. Lots of mods, not a single GI Joe figure in sight. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of what a good mod is, dude. Granted, his entry into the thread was talking about not modding at all in a mod thread... that was a bit dumb.

Oh I totally get it and agree with you. Honestly, I 100% have no problem with someone not liking added figures in pins and expressing their opinion on it. Totally cool with that. Heck there are pins which I don't think adding figures look good but totally cool if someone else does, not trying to condemn opinion on figures, or any mod for that matter. Mods are completely subjective and figures tend to be controversial. Never once did I attack him on not liking figures.

What I did think was lame, is coming in a mod thread and first saying that this pin needs no mods to saying anything other than light and sound mods being '3d crap'. Kind of a weak thing to state in any mod thread considering most mods discussed are '3d crap' and very few are light and sound mods!

By the way when I get my Metallica (eventually) I wouldn't put figures on it either, doesnt fit the pin and would look like crap!

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

What an awesome site this is, congratulations to all involved. I'm a complete pinball newbie but a longtime maiden fan. I'm based in UK and ordered my first Pin machine, the IM Pro. I actually turned down an LE opportunity....... Kinda glad I did as I love the Trooper cabinet artwork best and now I know this site exists, i'll be making numerous modifications (easy ones to begin with being a newbie)

Welcome aboard!

Congrats and you chose possibly the best first pin to start with. You'll love it!

Won't be long before the addiction begins so make room for more pins down the road!

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

"What I did think was lame, is coming in a mod thread and first saying that this pin needs no mods to saying anything other than light and sound mods being '3d crap'. Kind of a weak thing to state in any mod thread considering most mods discussed are '3d crap' and very few are light and sound mods!"
You make it sound Like I invaded the thread lol... dude calm down peace. No need to get personal and call people weak.
I enjoy looking at some 3D designs and there are some excellent creative designs out there. It was an opinion for this pin in particular, an opinion I might add that was what it was... an opinion. No personal disrespect to individuals who like them or make them. That said, I stand by my statement that some pins, and I believe this game is one example, where I don't like the added 3d models and I think they look crap and are unnecessary. I didn't realise I had to only give positive comments and piss in pockets when I came into this thread. Or should I say invaded lol It would be weak in my books just to scratch backs only.
I regularly visit the mod threads and also support most mod sites out there with purchases (something ive done for years). I'm sure they appreciate feedback albeit blunt feedback
Also Charles it has only really been the very recent history that 3d models and mods have been more at the forefront (yes they have always been around).... it use to more about sound, lighting or tweaking the models that are already present etc. Its a "subjective" viewpoint anyway and is influenced by the title so I don't know why you would mention what is more popular. Just some advice but arguably the best mods out there for your Metallica are the pro upgrade lighting mods, pinnovator mods being a music pin, also pinball refinery do some awesome apron upgrades and armour. Again a subjective opinion.

Oh my gawd are you seriously still going on about this!? We know how you feel, thanks.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ok ...... so I did not care for the loud whistle from the drone motor being over powered. Took it apart and added a resistor in line. Nice and quite now !!!
It also brightened up the cockpit led as the motors not sucking down the 5v on that line.

Well done! Like it alot!!!
Cockpit light definately a cool feature

#185 5 years ago

Put together some title and instruction cards tonight, thought I'd share them, in case anyone wants to dl them. Can't take credit for the bg art, just grabbed those online.
Couldn't find a 'Legacy of the Beast' font, if anyone has that please let me know.
Made a 'sandy' set and blue set.
IMDN_PREM_Instruction1.jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction1.jpgIMDN_Prem_Title1.jpgIMDN_Prem_Title1.jpgIMDN_Prem_Title2.jpgIMDN_Prem_Title2.jpg

#186 5 years ago

Blue set

IMDN_PREM_Instruction2 (2).jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2 (2).jpgIMDN_Prem_Title3.jpgIMDN_Prem_Title3.jpg

IMDN_PREM_Instruction2B(2) (resized).jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2B(2) (resized).jpg
#187 5 years ago

Corrected typo (couldn't edit above posts so below are the most recent edits.)

IMDN_PREM_Instruction1.jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction1.jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2 (2).jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2 (2).jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2B(2).jpgIMDN_PREM_Instruction2B(2).jpg

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Please can you tell me the size of the Figure the Trooper and from Piece of Mind?
The Figure ist from Neca ?
Thanks

Trooper is about 5-3/4" (McFarlane)

Piece of Mind is roughly 4-1/2" (I believe it is actually by NECA but often advertised as McFarlane. Or possibly designed by McFarlane and distributed through NECA?)

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Piece of mind is around 100 and trooper 75. I got a used trooper on eBay for 32 shipped. I thought that was a steal

Awesome price, you definitely scored on that trooper!!!

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Has anyone installed a headphone jack? If so how is the audio? ( And where did you pick it up?)

The stern headphone jack is great, I use headphones alot as it alows me to crank it up at night and not wake up the whole house!

Sound is great but Im using pretty good headphones which will play a big part in the audio:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JP436TS

Shooter rods a great place to hang headphones too.

Once its installed you can change audio settings in game which opens up. It allows for the speaker vol to automatically mute when headphones are plugged in and turn back on when unplugged. The one knob also controlls headphpne and speaker volume depending on which is active.

Got mine from cointaker i think, for $100.
Easy and clean install.
20180713_180037 (resized).jpg20180713_180037 (resized).jpg

20180713_180749 (resized).jpg20180713_180749 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?tu=charles4400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.