anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Instruction card?

Nope

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Aww yah! Medisinyl in the house! If your IMDN mods are anything like RZ, I’m in!

Then I hope it lives up to expectations This one will be PRO model only.

#327 5 years ago

For those that don't want to decipher this, it reads:

PLASTIC EDDIE SUCKS

SOMEWHERE IN TIME
LEGEND TELLS OF AN
AUGMENTATION DEVICE
TO MAKE HIM BAD ASS

FINAL PROTOTYPE SOON

I expect I'll tease some images and such during next week. Aiming to start production Oct. 1st.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love it already

Good to know that my previous mods have offered some faith in my yet-to-be-seen mods (the pressure is on, haha ) For now I'll note that this is my largest mod to date and the one that has required the most intensive measuring and redesigns. Hoping to have the final prototype done and tested by Monday night. I already have a working prototype, but it doesn't have quite the impact I'm going for, so I got some new parts that I'm optimistic will bring the latest redesign up to that level.

I can't say it would be impossible to install on a premium/LE, but that would at least require getting a plastic cyborg Eddie (and checking if the premium has the same connector I use on the Pro). It may sound crazy for a Prem/LE owner to "downgrade" to the plastic Eddie, but in my biased opinion, this "augmentation device" makes him far superior

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well...if this mod is gonna change the game--you need to make sure it will fit on all the models!

While I'm fairly confident it will "fit" if a premium owner gets a plastic Eddie to use, I'd still need to figure out how it would tie in. Even if the Prem/LE has the same connector, the mod ties in with that right ramp flasher (replacing the Z-connector), and the Premium seems to use that beacon in a different way, so it may not interact as intended (doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible to trigger it a different way if I make a prem/le revision). If I offer a Prem/LE version, I'd likely only offer one at first to get reality-check feedback on proper function.

As for "change the game," it of course won't change physical gameplay, but I believe it enhances the game more than any of my individual RZ mods, if that means anything

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ive seen the trooper figure, im guessing its to add to the trooper plastic over the ramp, and the straight jacket figure, what about a cyborg figure to replace that plastic, does anyone make that? Do the war planes cover the plane on the ramp cover plastic? Trying to decide on the mods i want on my pro. I dont like the flat plastic eddys.

I'll start revealing my solution for the plastic cyborg Eddie by tomorrow night (it covers a fair bit more space than just the Eddie). I currently have a working prototype that I'm satisfied with as a production model. Preorders opening later in the week and production tentatively starting on Oct. 1st. PRO model only for at least this first iteration.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Sweet. Im hoping its a cyborg eddie, plane, ramp cover combo. Looking forward to reveal and pricing

Ramp cover you say? (pic from an earlier prototype) [EDIT: The tunnel has a red flasher installed in it that's interactive with the separate lightbox for the main section--3 flashers and 2 other bulbs total on this one]

MM (resized).jpgMM (resized).jpg

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Cool! Looks like some kind of pyramid that sits up in the upper corner? Can't wait for the full reveal.

Definitely went for a bit of pyramid vibe with it. Did what I could to use as much of that area without blocking the view of anything, and also retaining the interactive, mirrored Eddie section (and adhering to the "rules" of 3D printing without supports). Mirror is gold and custom made with window tint, so it looks 100% like a mirror until he's activated with the right flasher (collecting that upper jackpot shot it my favorite interaction with him as it gives the appearance of a bash toy). The whole mirrored chamber lights up to reveal Eddie [relocated onto the lightbox diffuser panel inside the mod], with a red flasher at his gun to give the idea of it firing off (which is enhanced by the red tunnel flasher as it gives a sense of depth to the red flash off the gun).

Paint colors are still being figured out to best match the machine (have done three different paint ups so far).

Couple more previews before revealing interaction [hieroglyphics read as "UP THE IRONS" and "MM"]

20180925_174602 (resized).jpg20180925_174602 (resized).jpg20180925_174719 (resized).jpg20180925_174719 (resized).jpg

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Does it just use the eddie plastic that came with the game? Looks awesome!!!!!

Yes, to install, you'd just have to remove the factory Eddie bracket, then unbolt him from the bracket and reuse those bolts to affix him to the diffuser panel inside the mod. The mirror will then slide into its channel and is clipped into place with a separate clip at the bottom. Then just two of the bolts from the upper right ramp plastic are reused to install the mod. Wiring will be quick and simple (just replace the z-connector, then route wires up from the bottom of the playfield as there is a plug connector on the main mod for easy installation).

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Price yet? Looks really good

I've debated starting it at the same as my LDG ($199), though it may be slightly higher after initial release. Was hoping to aim for even lower, but that never seems to be feasible when I discover the reality of what goes into making my ideas work (just total print time on each one is over 20 hours [at the lowest settings I'm willing to use]). This project turned out to be a lot of hours and sleepless nights (when main-body test prints take 18 hours [makes power blips a scary thing], I won't sleep until the next one is ready to start )

Otherwise, here's a better idea of how Eddie ties in:

20180922_175713 (resized).jpg20180922_175713 (resized).jpg

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Looks cool, when do you think you will take pre-orders?

Later this week I'll open up ordering and have a separate thread to keep track of everything (by the time orders are open, I'll have a clip showing the flasher interaction and more photos). Currently getting as many parts built as I can so that I can be ready to start paint and such for the first run on Monday.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Cool, will you link the new thread here so we dont miss it?

Will do

#367 5 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Looks cool, when do you think you will take pre-orders?

Looking more like I'll have to wait until Mon/Tues. to open pre-orders. For whatever reason, I decided to write and record a cheesy metal track for the mod video (Maiden/Megadeth/80s-90s toy commercial inspired ), which has added a lot of unnecessary work, haha, but I've had fun doing it, and hopefully some Pinsiders can get a kick out of it when it's ready (track is done as of today--just need to finish video clips and editing, but unfortunately have a funeral to attend this weekend).

#368 5 years ago

I expect I'll create a page by tomorrow night and open up pre-orders at that time.

For now, you can make fun of the cheesy audio track I put together (drums were programmed in Addictive Drums 2, but everything else is played/sung/narrated by me--so there's no one else to blame if it just gets some eye-rolls, haha ). Was mixed in stereo without checking mono, so hopefully no issues on mono devices.

Camera was having issues properly displaying the flasher effects. As always, anything with LEDs looks better in person, though video is not a skill I have...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.