anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

The Trooper is now in place also .

How did you secure the Eddie figures in place?

2 weeks later
#118 5 years ago

In preparation of purchasing the Premium, I have so far purchased the Killers and Trooper figures. However, I cannot seem to find any closeups of the playfield to see the Cyborg Eddie or the Piece of Mind Eddie that appears to be included on the Premium and LE versions. Could someone confirm if these figurines are factory installed/included by Stern before I look at purchasing the Piece of Mind figure aftermarket? Could someone send me a PM with pictures of their premium factory installed figures as well?

#120 5 years ago

How are the after market figures secured to the playfield/plastics?

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine are standing on the plastics, with zip ties. Secure as heck.
Also used an L bracket I just happened to find in the junk drawer for my trooper.

Could you post some pictures of the mounting/mounts/ties from a few angles?

1 week later
#157 5 years ago

I think the placement of the figures looks great. Personally, I think Stern completely dropped the ball and took the cheapest approach in their dressing up the machine with anything of dimension. With the vast catalog of Maiden and the different Eddie looks over the years, there is literally a different look for each album and arguably every single they've ever done. The plastics looks cheap compared to a figurine. There aren't a lot of different machines that can be dressed up with so many different looks. (ie Walking Dead=zombies, Ghostbusters=ghosts, KISS=4 faces total, etc) Iron Maiden has an entire book on the artwork of the albums/singles over the years.
Just curious how did you secure the dead cyborg on the lower right plastic?

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

UPDATE : plane is wired with an LED in cockpit, drone motor in prop and a spot above the R upper flipper.
I mounted the plane on a hex spacer and semi stiff spring so it will actually shake with the shaker and prop slightly.
I will start wiring in the timer control to light and run everything with a ramp switch hit for around 4 seconds.
I doing all three for a dramatic effect when it’s hit so it a noticeable mod that will stand out
I made it slightly on an angle so it looks like it’s turning slightly right as you also get a better view of the plane from the playing position

Could you include some info on the parts you used (ie what drone motor, which plane model so prop would work appropriately, etc) and how you installed that into the plane? It looks great and love the idea which Stern should have done in the first place to liven things up a bit.

2 weeks later
#220 5 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

Yep...Stern page

I couldn't locate any Iron Maiden accessories on the Stern website at all. Could someone PM me a link for the premium translite? I intend to have it autographed by the band.

#225 5 years ago

I initially had tried the search but nothing came up and the Stern store is not very well designed to look up by game using any search or submenus.
Thank you for the link above which worked perfectly! Order placed!

3 weeks later
#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The Killers NECA figure fits a treat where the plastic Somewhere In Time plastic is located, was worried that it wouldn’t clear glass but it does with ease and doesn’t look too big.
Got all 3 figures now
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does the Killers figure still have his lower body intact? It almost looks like it is cut from waist down.

1 week later
#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

Here's the 2nd and maybe final version. I'm happy to share the file if anyone wants it. [quoted image][quoted image]

This is the side art I would prefer the most with the different versions of Ed over the years. I still think Stern dropped the ball on the art in this game to not include more visions of Ed and cheap figurines that have prompted most owners to buy their own figures. Unfortunately, I'm sure licensing comes into play when producing the art though Stern could easily have produced some side art with approval from Iron Maiden that would be this good.

2 months later
#418 5 years ago

Just placed my order for a premium and wondering what are the must have mods for the game... so far I'm considering:
1) insert gels
2) underworld scoop illumination
3) obelisk dome cover
4) pharaoh blinder light kit
5) album cover side blades
6) flame torches
7) backboard illumination
8) pharaoh plastic protector
9) shaker
10) I have the Piece of Mind, Killers, and Trooper aftermarket toy figures ready to install
**11) considering the plane but thinking about making my own with possible motorized prop as shown in thread.
**12) looking at the sarcophagus and Anubis figures (Modfather) but was wondering if there any other versions to at least compare
**13) considering the lighted orb mod but was hoping to find a clairvoyant figurine to use with the lighted orb
**14) trying to find the fluorescent yellow lane protectors

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just got mine and I only did the side art from Pingraffix, the Back Alley figures (2), shaker, and then may do a topper eventually if something blows me away.
As well as protection of course: shooter lane mylar, and Cliffy's.

Where is a good place to buy mylar? Also, does one cut the mylar to the shape they see fit or are there any templates for placement depending on location on the playfield?

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I got mine here in a large sheet rolled up:
https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
I use a fresh razor blade and a Starrett straight edge to the width of the shooter lanes (then trim for the switch blade). If I need a square I will usually use the width of the straight edge to cut a strip and then cut squares the width of it again. If I want a circle, I just use a socket the size I want and use that as a template. You can also cut rings that way too.
You can also get a craft/hobby cutter like a silhouette and program whatever shapes/designs you need into it.

could you send some pictures of your mylar placement/shapes?

#430 5 years ago

Has anyone bought the trough light up kit? I'm trying to decide what color to order (with my game arriving today) based on what others have installed and the look depending on the color scheme on the premium.

#455 5 years ago

Just finished an evening of modding.... and still more to do. This game is almost as bad as Tron! haha

Has anyone put spotlights on their aftermarket Piece of Mind or Trooper figures? I replaced Piece of Mind Ed with the aftermarket but he's a bit dark. The Trooper I put in the upper left playfield and he's actually ziptied to the post for a spot light (on the moving gate piece it would appear).
I did actually use a slightly smaller screw for Piece of Mind to secure the right foot to the plastic (with the upper bumper cover) and then ziptied the left leg to the post as everyone has been doing.

#456 5 years ago

Placing an order with PinballLife but wanted to know what (if any) mylar I should consider ordering for premium or other protection recommendations. I sent an email to passionforpinball about the Cliffy set in the meantime. My machines aren't heavily used so wonder how much protection I really need. I'm actually removing the Cliffy I have on my KISS premium at the scoop since it makes the shot too difficult and going to put mylar there.

#459 5 years ago

I just purchased an Eddie bust head on eBay (there are dozens listed from every era) to use as a topper. I might consider purchasing a couple depending on the fit on top. The eyes are powered by 2 AA batteries so I'm trying to determine what appropriate wiring would be running off the machine to power the LEDs used for the eyes. I was considering running them off a GI bulb at 5v but also wondering if I can just solder the wires to the AA receptacle? Just checking with fellow Pinsiders on their thoughts and expertise.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#461 5 years ago

So I removed the IM plane temporarily to readjust where its placed due to the archway. I'll be placing over the plane plastic. However I'll need a spacer (I'm pointing to the gap in the pictures that is to occupied by the spacer) to lift it up so it attaches to bracket of the plane and lifts it up a bit so as to not block visibility. I've attached a few pictures to show this gap. Can you recommend any specific spacer post that would attach to just above the plastic? I see Pinball Life and Marco carries what appears to be what I would need in the male/female version and I believe the threading is on these Stern posts is the #6-32 version. I'll likely buy a few different post lengths to get the height elevated to my liking but want to verify this will work my purpose.

20181119_194654 (resized).jpg20181119_194654 (resized).jpg20181119_194639 (resized).jpg20181119_194639 (resized).jpg20181119_194650 (resized).jpg20181119_194650 (resized).jpg

#470 5 years ago

I just installed the yellow ones from the ulek store. However they completely wash out the colors on the slings which was disappointing. I'm trying to find an alternative for them since the yellow on the edge looks great but the sling Plastics lose all of their color. I too you welcome any recommendations where the undersurface is either cut out to allow the original sling Plastics to show their color or a neutral color such as plastic. I see mezel has what appears to be a slight light blue color for their Plastics.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks. That's the best set I've seen. It seems like it still doesn't have one for above the drop targets, though.
Also, any opinions on the upgrade kit that is available on Pinball Life? I understand the ball trap, but what's the deal with the opto adjusters? I haven't seen too many complaints about the optos.

I too noticed this plastic that could be ordered but wasn't sure where the ball trap you she was coming from. Where is the ball trap tissue anyways?

2 months later
#613 5 years ago

Does anyone have a high resolution picture of the Pro and/or LE translite they could send to me? I'm trying to make a custom beach towel to cover my Premium playfield when not in use but can't find a picture online with high enough resolution for like Snapfish or Collage.com for the size. I had previously just taken pictures of Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with my camera to get a higher resolution to make beach towel covers for these as well which worked nicely.

1 month later
#701 5 years ago

Kudos to Mezel Mods for excellent service as they replaced my ramp archway with their new design after a defect developed! Thanks again!

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hope it’s just an isolated incident. That it one of my favorite mods on my game.

The "feet" cracked on mine and the new version has metal feet.

1 week later
#721 5 years ago

I added a spotlight for my aftermarket Trooper Eddie in the upper left hand part of the playfield and planning tonight on adding one for the Piece of Mind Eddie above the bumpers. I had originally thought of tying the Trooper spotlight to the Trooper playfield insert for completion of the Trooper mode multiball. Unfortunately, the mode inserts are a board LED and not just a simple 2 alligator clip attachment. For now, I've just tied the spots to the GI LEDs to at least provide some illumination to the figures which otherwise appear a bit too dark. Has anyone else come up with any spotlight ideas in the game especially for aftermarket figures?

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

here’s where I put my spot for piece of mind Eddie.[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you show a picture of the specific spot where the spotlight is attached? I'm curious to see how you fastened it and where.

#727 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Here you go...[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you actually went under the plastic? I was planning on using that same location but using a short 7/8" post on top but I like the idea of going under the plastic if that works.

#733 5 years ago

Would a premium need the ball trap kit? I'm planning on doing the spotlight install this evening

4 months later
#828 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

LPM Ultimate Topper, $249.99. It will come with all of these and a few more. Aces High will be fixed on final release, available in about a month.
Looks better in person!

That's pretty amazing! So is this like a holographic projection or what are we looking at? Also, with the topper, does it cycle through the different Eddies or do you have to pick 1 when ordered?

#831 4 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Thanks. They look 10 times better live then on a video.
It is a Hologram LED fan, it gives a hologram effect.
When you order 1 you will get access to hundreds of videos that are 1 or 2 to many games, and many generic videos that work on a lot of games, like fire, we call that the standard set. You will also one of what we call a premium set. The premium set is a set of videos that will closely match the theme of your game. On Iron Maiden, we should have about 8 videos in the premium set, so you will get every thing shown above, plus a few more videos. All of the videos are online, and need to be downloaded. Some premium sets are larger then others, but we are trying to get at least 5 or 6 videos per premium sets, some premium sets will have up to 25 videos.
Any videos that are loaded do loop, it is a seamless loop. You choose what you want on your topper, they are loaded on a micro SD card. You can change the videos at anytime.
The topper is designed to work on any pinball ball machine, even an older EM machine.
We will sell addition premium sets of videos for $19.99

Can you post your website for ordering this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrMark12PA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?tu=DrMark12PA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.