anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 5 years ago

Figured it might be easier to have all the modders post their mods in a single thread. I got my game last night and started doing some modding today.

Pharoah eyes

Backboard lights. RGB shown in this video, pic shows our newest color ice blue, phone washes out the leds, hope to have better pics up in a bit )

Green trough light
Mirror blades from Cointaker

Mods will be up on our site tomorrow. Pharoah eyes I think will be $22.50.

20180428_180354 (resized).jpg20180428_180354 (resized).jpg

20180428_173418 (resized).jpg20180428_173418 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

I think getting a different colored ball to take the place of that captive ball on the far left for the premium le would be cool

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I think getting a different colored ball to take the place of that captive ball on the far left for the premium le would be cool

Mezel has glo balls they sell.

#4 5 years ago

few backboard pics, red, green, blue, purple and white.

https://lermods.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-mods

DSC_0009 (resized).JPGDSC_0009 (resized).JPG
DSC_0011 (resized).JPGDSC_0011 (resized).JPG
DSC_0013 (resized).JPGDSC_0013 (resized).JPG
DSC_0012 (resized).JPGDSC_0012 (resized).JPG
DSC_0014 (resized).JPGDSC_0014 (resized).JPG

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mezel has glo balls they sell.

I’m not sure how this one in particular is attached. It’d be cool to buy one already drilled and tapped? I gotta believe it’s sitting on a stud?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I’m not sure how this one in particular is attached. It’d be cool to buy one already drilled and tapped? I gotta believe it’s sitting on a stud?

Sorry, I as referring to the one behind it.

#7 5 years ago

I made some apron cards. Hopefully the link works. Should be able to just print and they will be the correct size.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sVTTYUA_tmN36hxyksJNq3ix3zmb9p9u/view?usp=sharing

The instructions are a little hard to read, i realize that, it's due to the background color washing it out. A graphic artist I am not!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

#8 5 years ago

Here's something similar. Anyone have the text for the game rules for the left card?
Ps. Let me know if I have the correct info for Software or if there are other major contributors.

iron_maiden_right (resized).pngiron_maiden_right (resized).png

#9 5 years ago

SELECT YOUR SONG: Use flippers to select soundtrack at game start.
MUMMMY: Shoot sarcophagus captive ball to advance MUMMY MULTIBALL.
TROOPER: Drop Targets light trooper lock on orbits. Lock 3 balls to begin TROOPER MULTIBALL.
SUMMON EDDIE: Shoot white arrows to spell E-D-D-I-E. Shoot THE UNDERWORLD to begin battle.
LOOP JACKPOT: Use upper flippers to shoot loops to build up and light LOOP JACKPOT.
POWER PYRAMID: Shoot POPS, SPINNERS, RAMPS, TAGETS, ORBITS to power up Power Pyramid.
POWER JACKPOT: collecting POWER PYRAMID features builds up POWER JACKPOT value. Shoot ORB to collect.
CLAIRVOYANT’S MYSTERY ORB: shoot drop targets to light MYSTERY ORRB feature.
PHAROAH’S BULLSEYE TARGET: shoot up the middle when prompted to hit PHAROAH’S BULLSEYE TARGET. Bullseye shots score 3x value, inner ring 2x, outer ring scores 1x value.
REVIVIE OUTLAW BALL SAVE: Shoot left spinner to advance R-E-V-I-V-E. Complete REVIVE to light ball save outlanes.
NUMBER OF THE BEAST: Collect Cyborg, Mummy, Solder, Trooper Eddies to light NUMBER OF THE BEAST wizard mode.
EXTRA BALL: Complete POWER PYRAMID segments to light EXTRA BALL.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I made some apron cards. Hopefully the link works. Should be able to just print and they will be the correct size.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sVTTYUA_tmN36hxyksJNq3ix3zmb9p9u/view?usp=sharing
The instructions are a little hard to read, i realize that, it's due to the background color washing it out. A graphic artist I am not!

Thanks. Needs a few typo/spelling error corrections yet.

#11 5 years ago

Here's another option for the left side - went with artwork referencing the soul shards and split eddie's. Let me know if there are any typos I missed from Lermods post.iron_maiden_left (resized).pngiron_maiden_left (resized).png

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Here's another option for the left side - went with artwork referencing the soul shards and split eddie's. Let me know if there are any typos I missed from Lermods post.

much better than mine! I can't see or type very well these days, especially when it's that small. Glad someone else did a version so people can mix and match whatever they prefer.

#13 5 years ago

For anyone attending the Allentown show, we are running a show special on the pharoah eye mod (see video earlier in this thread), just $15 if pre-ordered, otherwise it is $22 on our site. No prepayment needed, just need to know if you want one.

#15 5 years ago

Anyone thought of an Orb mod for the Pro by somehow modifying the standup target and fusing a newton ball to the front of it? Maybe a small square of mylar underneath to protect the PF from the movement?

It would give the look as well as the possible functionality of being able to graze it from the upper right flipper (the Prem/LE looks as if it can sense hits from all directions). A shot from the upper right flipper grazing the front could have enough angle to trigger the standup.

Just a thought.

#16 5 years ago

We need some nice pyramid/Egyptian themed art blades!!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Anyone thought of an Orb mod for the Pro by somehow modifying the standup target and fusing a newton ball to the front of it? Maybe a small square of mylar underneath to protect the PF from the movement?
It would give the look as well as the possible functionality of being able to graze it from the upper right flipper (the Prem/LE looks as if it can sense hits from all directions). A shot from the upper right flipper grazing the front could have enough angle to trigger the standup.
Just a thought.

Drill out the rivet on the target. Drill and tap a ball. Attach. Mylar under is a good idea. I suggest using a colored glow ball. Putting a flasher there would also be a good add on mod

#18 5 years ago

I have an extra 7” Killers Eddie figure if anyone is interested. I was thinking it would look great to replace that plastic Somewhere in Time figure in the back right. $45 shipped. C2E2C602-A333-451B-A8A3-F8A9CBA5A044 (resized).jpegC2E2C602-A333-451B-A8A3-F8A9CBA5A044 (resized).jpeg

#19 5 years ago

I added my first Iron Maiden concert ticket to the custom apron card. Also added the McFarlane Killers Eddie figure and 3D logo to the play field and custom Eddie shooter rod. I am having a good time with this game so far.

IM 2 (resized).jpgIM 2 (resized).jpg

IM 5 (resized).jpgIM 5 (resized).jpg

IM 1 (resized).jpgIM 1 (resized).jpg

IM 4 (resized).jpgIM 4 (resized).jpg

eddie shooter (resized).jpgeddie shooter (resized).jpg

eddie figure (resized).jpgeddie figure (resized).jpg

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

I added my first Iron Maiden concert ticket to the custom apron card. Also added the McFarlane Killers Eddie figure and 3D logo to the play field and custom Eddie shooter rod. I am having a good time with this game so far.

I was at that show too. Wish I kept my stubs. Only one I still have is Motörhead at the Aragon ballroom. Lots of memories at Rosemont Horizon.

#21 5 years ago

Wow! That Killers action figure looks, well......KILLER! Where'd you get the shooter rod?

#22 5 years ago

Modfather

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

Where did you get the 3D logo?

#24 5 years ago

It is logo is actually part of the Mcfarlane Killers figure set. It came with the figure originally. You can still get them in package on Ebay. see attached picture of original package.

killers (resized).jpgkillers (resized).jpg

#25 5 years ago

Awesome!
It look's like you had to screw Eddie in the ass! LOL

#26 5 years ago

Has anyone heard if there will be official Stern Zombie Yeti art blades for the Pro and Premium?

#27 5 years ago

The Trooper is now in place also .

90761264-C98F-4665-97F0-E6E3C16371E2 (resized).jpeg90761264-C98F-4665-97F0-E6E3C16371E2 (resized).jpeg

C5D92F0A-4998-40CF-897E-F8934EF9790E (resized).jpegC5D92F0A-4998-40CF-897E-F8934EF9790E (resized).jpeg

#28 5 years ago

Does anyone have an art blade template? I have a nice design in mind.

#29 5 years ago

We've dropped the price of our pharoah eye mod to $15 shipped. Doesn't take me long to make and parts aren't expensive.

https://lermods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-led-strip-pharaoh-eyes-light-kit

#30 5 years ago

Happy for now. Need the 3D cyborg next.

IMG_8046 (resized).jpgIMG_8046 (resized).jpg

#31 5 years ago

That piece of mind Eddie is badass.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That piece of mind Eddie is badass.

Hell yes.

IMG_8044 (resized).jpgIMG_8044 (resized).jpg

#33 5 years ago

Spitfire installed...

IMG_20180516_202520 (resized).jpgIMG_20180516_202520 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180516_202513 (resized).jpgIMG_20180516_202513 (resized).jpg

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Spitfire installed...

Nice !

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Spitfire installed...

Where did you get the plane?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Where did you get the plane?

ebay, search for 1/72 spitfire.

I was busy today, made a modified and interactive LED backbox with flasher integration. Pic is a bit oversaturated...before and after.

And added a figure, fits perfectly.

IMG_20180519_174328 (resized).jpgIMG_20180519_174328 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180519_175029_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20180519_175029_1 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180519_180827 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180519_180827 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180519_180831 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180519_180831 (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago

Nice placement of the Killers Eddie. Thought you told me it was too big? Oh well, must have gotten it cheaper. How did you mount it there? I have mine and was going to try and replace the plastic cyborg Eddie, but I kind of like it where you put it.

DC392D06-48F2-41C6-B15D-581799AC8098 (resized).jpegDC392D06-48F2-41C6-B15D-581799AC8098 (resized).jpeg
C2E2C602-A333-451B-A8A3-F8A9CBA5A044 (resized).jpegC2E2C602-A333-451B-A8A3-F8A9CBA5A044 (resized).jpeg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nice placement of the Killers Eddie. Thought you told me it was too big? Oh well, must have gotten it cheaper. How did you mount it there? I have mine and was going to try and replace the plastic cyborg Eddie, but I kind of like it where you put it.

I thought it might be too big, but found it for $30 on eBay and thought I’d give it a shot, it clears the glass by about 1/2”. I mounted it using a metal bracket under his feet and attached it to the screw on the plastic in that area. Zoom in on my first pic and you can see it.

#39 5 years ago

This is my only mod so far. Chopped him off at the knees and tucked him behind the sign. I need to slit the wraps a little to get his arms to bend up in the more iconic position, but it looks pretty good IMO.

IMG_4628 (resized).JPGIMG_4628 (resized).JPG

Updated mummy. The broken links in his mouth act like little hooks. Just attach the chains, but be sure to use Super Glue or something similar so they don't vibrate off.

IMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4633 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPGIMG_4632 (resized).JPG

#40 5 years ago

I like the mummy

#41 5 years ago

the mummy is really great

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Green trough lightm

What Does this light look like? Is it a strip which is sticked to the bended metal part under the apron?

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

What Does this light look like? Is it a strip which is sticked to the bended metal part under the apron?

Yes

#44 5 years ago

Off to be powder coated...illusion orange.

IMG_20180522_124833 (resized).jpgIMG_20180522_124833 (resized).jpg

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Off to be powder coated...illusion orange.

That should look nice. Not doing the coin door too?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That should look nice. Not doing the coin door too?

Nah, I never do. I like the look of the black coin door on games. It’s also quite a bit of labor and bumps up the cost a lot.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just a thought.

Looking at the playfield bill of materials and their connections to the node boards the stand up ORB on the PRO uses the exact same connections as the switch on the PREM/LE new stationary ball. The playfield holes are different but possibly it could work? My Pro stand up playfield hole is "triangular" where the LE/PREM is circular and closer to the front.

Pro: Item 28 on page 14: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/2297/IronMaiden_Pro_web.pdf
Prem/LE: Item 28 on page 14: http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/premium/2370/IronMaiden_LE_Pre_web.pdf
You'll need the parts listed on page 49 of the Prem manual.

Haha, good luck.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nah, I never do. I like the look of the black coin door on games. It’s also quite a bit of labor and bumps up the cost a lot.

Some guys just have the coin door frame powder coated. I have a few like that. Looks good and is not as expensive as the entire door. Saw a Pinsider post pics years ago and liked it.

#49 5 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Interesting. I think the cost and effort are well worth it. To each his own though. I look forward to seeing your IMDN when it's done - please post pics!

DSC03861 (resized).JPGDSC03861 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.