anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I used a dab of hot glue on each foot for Piece of Mind Eddie. It’s been rock solid for weeks and totally reversible.
And I removed the metal brackets on the pop bumpers.

Thanks for the quick reply. Hmm...hot glue. Ok, that sounds like a good option. I'll put the hot glue on the piece of mind eddie's feet, wait a few seconds, then place him on the PF plastics. (I'm slightly worried that doing the reverse the hot glue might slightly warp the plastic and thus not be reversible as nice). I guess hot glue will just razorblade off nice?

And...you removed the metal brackets? Could you let me know how? Or...at least, I assume its not reversible since they are riveted in there? 20181025_190347 (resized).jpg20181025_190347 (resized).jpg

#402 5 years ago

Also....can someone point me to the actual ebay items they are finding for the spitfires?

I've searched "1/72 spitfire"...and mainly it just shows model kits where you have to paint them yourself.

I'm assuming everyone is finding spitfires that they don't have to paint?

Also saw a recommendation for searching "KOSCIUSZKO HURRICANE MK I #19/31", but that only results in "axis and allies" model planes that look less detailed than the spitfires everyone is using...

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

And...you removed the metal brackets? Could you let me know how? Or...at least, I assume its not reversible since they are riveted in there?

Ahh! Never mind, I have the dumb. I did not remove the brackets, my mistake.

I stand by the hot glue, though.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#404 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ahh! Never mind, I have the dumb. I did not remove the brackets, my mistake.
I stand by the hot glue, though. [quoted image]

I also have the dumbs. I saw a different picture of the piece of mind figure here on this same thread ->

76a6aece210614025dcaac3fe6cf530b168e40e1 (resized).jpg76a6aece210614025dcaac3fe6cf530b168e40e1 (resized).jpg

The base aligns with a screw hole, so I would just need to go to Home Depot and get a slightly longer machine screw in black.....or paint the top black. So it only attaches with one screw. Still like the hot glue idea though.

I did buy the clothed 8" Neca piece of mind figure too (it was cheap enough) and see which one I like better on the PF.

I also looked through the extra PF plastics that stern sent...which is nice of them to include 2 duplicate sets. Though...not all plastics were sent. No pop bumper top plastics were sent unfortunately. I'll call stern tomorrow and see if I can get a part number for those, so others in the future if they want to switch out the figures will know what the part number is.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Also....can someone point me to the actual ebay items they are finding for the spitfires?
I've searched "1/72 spitfire"...and mainly it just shows model kits where you have to paint them yourself.
I'm assuming everyone is finding spitfires that they don't have to paint?
Also saw a recommendation for searching "KOSCIUSZKO HURRICANE MK I #19/31", but that only results in "axis and allies" model planes that look less detailed than the spitfires everyone is using...

I’ll see if I can a picture when I get home . I actually have an extra one if you’re interested. Yes they are prepainted.

#406 5 years ago

Ok, I got the Piece of Mind eddie installed (I think).

Home depot didn't have black onidized machine screws, so I went to Fastenal and got #6-32x3/8" black anodized machine screws. I actually have 9 extra now, so if anybody wants a free screw, just let me know.

Drilled a hole in the foot pad, and installed.

20181026_192135 (resized).jpg20181026_192135 (resized).jpg

However....only one foot is attached. Can a Premium/LE user let me know what if anything is done to the right foot? There isn't a spot to put a screw unless I drill straight through the foot and then there isn't a place for the screw through the plastic either.

Anyway, as is, the figure can basically freely rotate, which can't be correct...

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I’ll see if I can a picture when I get home . I actually have an extra one if you’re interested. Yes they are prepainted.

03CA996D-54CA-4534-82BF-34A41BFAFC59 (resized).jpeg03CA996D-54CA-4534-82BF-34A41BFAFC59 (resized).jpeg
#408 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Has anyone recieved their tilt topper yet?
[quoted image]

I'm interested in this, I don't see it available anywhere. Are there any details, link?

#409 5 years ago

Thanks for your PMs....if you search "easy model spitfire 1/72" you can find them on aliexpress, ebay, amazon...etc. Aliexpress actually has diecast metal ones, though the weight of diecast might be an issue. Plus...since its aliexpress, they might be plastic anyway (descriptions can be notoriously erroneous on that site). Wherever you get them from, its all straight from china anyway though.

#410 5 years ago

Habeboo made a limited run . Details are are page 7 of this thread. Not sure if he has any more.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, I got the Piece of Mind eddie installed (I think).
Home depot didn't have black onidized machine screws, so I went to Fastenal and got #6-32x3/8" black anodized machine screws. I actually have 9 extra now, so if anybody wants a free screw, just let me know.
Drilled a hole in the foot pad, and installed.
[quoted image]
However....only one foot is attached. Can a Premium/LE user let me know what if anything is done to the right foot? There isn't a spot to put a screw unless I drill straight through the foot and then there isn't a place for the screw through the plastic either.
Anyway, as is, the figure can basically freely rotate, which can't be correct...

Any luck with this?

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Any luck with this?

I mean....its fine as is, though...it can move...so would require an occasional reposition.

I'm still waiting for someone with a Premium/LE to chime in on how the right foot is attached on theirs...

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I mean....its fine as is, though...it can move...so would require an occasional reposition.
I'm still waiting for someone with a Premium/LE to chime in on how the right foot is attached on theirs...

Here you go....

IMG_20181030_065139 (resized).jpgIMG_20181030_065139 (resized).jpg
#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Here you go.... [quoted image]

Ok....that's interesting. The plastic piece/setup is fairly different then from the Pro version. For example, the left foot screw goes down to a post on the pro, but on the Premium, there isn't a post there and the foot is secured via a nut. Plus....the left foot also has a zip tie on it, which seems odd why they would need an additional securing mechanism that would be visible...

And, the right foot has a screw going into the foot from the underside. Interesting. Even more interesting is the screw isn't going through the front of the foot where the black "pad" is, but at the heel...

Ok, so for Pro users, I would either do what was earlier suggest and just hot glue it, or do what I did and just use 1 screw....both would be completely reversible.

#415 5 years ago

Just a few pics of the 2nd version of the alternate translite in game. Love it...thanks modfather for passing my info on.

9E345C71-9D59-4FE6-8D02-71C6EAD24518 (resized).jpeg9E345C71-9D59-4FE6-8D02-71C6EAD24518 (resized).jpegCE4F4398-F2A6-4810-8B51-C42F9463997E (resized).jpegCE4F4398-F2A6-4810-8B51-C42F9463997E (resized).jpeg
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from PJKools:

Just a few pics of the 2nd version of the alternate translite in game. Love it...thanks modfather for passing my info on.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Must look great on a premium.

#417 5 years ago

Very cool translite, thanks for posting the picture. Looks fantastic !!!

#418 5 years ago

Just placed my order for a premium and wondering what are the must have mods for the game... so far I'm considering:
1) insert gels
2) underworld scoop illumination
3) obelisk dome cover
4) pharaoh blinder light kit
5) album cover side blades
6) flame torches
7) backboard illumination
8) pharaoh plastic protector
9) shaker
10) I have the Piece of Mind, Killers, and Trooper aftermarket toy figures ready to install
**11) considering the plane but thinking about making my own with possible motorized prop as shown in thread.
**12) looking at the sarcophagus and Anubis figures (Modfather) but was wondering if there any other versions to at least compare
**13) considering the lighted orb mod but was hoping to find a clairvoyant figurine to use with the lighted orb
**14) trying to find the fluorescent yellow lane protectors

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just placed my order for a premium and wondering what are the must have mods for the game... so far I'm considering:
1) insert gels
3) obelisk dome cover
6) flame torches
9) shaker
10) I have the Piece of Mind, Killers, and Trooper aftermarket toy figures ready to install
**11) considering the plane but thinking about making my own with possible motorized prop as shown in thread.
**12) looking at the sarcophagus and Anubis figures (Modfather) but was wondering if there any other versions to at least compare
**13) considering the lighted orb mod but was hoping to find a clairvoyant figurine to use with the lighted orb

Seems like you have most of them listed, sure is a lot of choices. I would just add a backbox led mod and maybe one of the toppers out there.

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

1) insert gels
3) obelisk dome cover
6) flame torches
9) shaker

Just got mine and I only did the side art from Pingraffix, the Back Alley figures (2), shaker, and then may do a topper eventually if something blows me away.

As well as protection of course: shooter lane mylar, and Cliffy's.

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just got mine and I only did the side art from Pingraffix, the Back Alley figures (2), shaker, and then may do a topper eventually if something blows me away.
As well as protection of course: shooter lane mylar, and Cliffy's.

Where is a good place to buy mylar? Also, does one cut the mylar to the shape they see fit or are there any templates for placement depending on location on the playfield?

#422 5 years ago

Printed out a couple of pictures in place of my rule cards, and tossed a couple of square magnets from amazon on my coindoor...adds a little more color (to a pretty colorful machine already)

0890BBB2-A58F-4711-BBC2-E13DEE77DCB9 (resized).jpeg0890BBB2-A58F-4711-BBC2-E13DEE77DCB9 (resized).jpeg53060CAC-592A-4489-8FDF-EB0451C9624E (resized).jpeg53060CAC-592A-4489-8FDF-EB0451C9624E (resized).jpegCA4DC66C-108A-4519-84E6-50986C007566 (resized).jpegCA4DC66C-108A-4519-84E6-50986C007566 (resized).jpegDC583D32-063C-463E-93BF-598791870FEA (resized).jpegDC583D32-063C-463E-93BF-598791870FEA (resized).jpeg
#423 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Where is a good place to buy mylar? Also, does one cut the mylar to the shape they see fit or are there any templates for placement depending on location on the playfield?

I got mine here in a large sheet rolled up:

https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

I use a fresh razor blade and a Starrett straight edge to the width of the shooter lanes (then trim for the switch blade). If I need a square I will usually use the width of the straight edge to cut a strip and then cut squares the width of it again. If I want a circle, I just use a socket the size I want and use that as a template. You can also cut rings that way too.

You can also get a craft/hobby cutter like a silhouette and program whatever shapes/designs you need into it.

#424 5 years ago

A cool note on Lermods plane. I installed it without realizing the benefits of the lighting it shines down on the play field. The red lights on the devil artwork is cool as hell.

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

A cool note on Lermods plane. I installed it without realizing the benefits of the lighting it shines down on the play field. The red lights on the devil artwork is cool as hell.

Can you pleae post a pic of the lit up playfield.

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Printed out a couple of pictures in place of my rule cards, and tossed a couple of square magnets from amazon on my coindoor...adds a little more color (to a pretty colorful machine already)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The cards are a improvement but man do I wish someone would come out with a custom apron to blend everything in!

#427 5 years ago

Here are some cool mods for the Iron Maiden showing the Warrior Guard and Custom Torches. The Guard mounts using the existing screws on the backboard. The factory lights shine through the translucent flame material making them look illuminated during gameplay. The Custom PinCup is Red on the inside, blue on the outside with a black fade on the bottom. These come in a few different color variations. The last pic shows the Ebros Guard over the Mummy lock captive ball. Lots of other cool stuff on my website. I hope you guys like it. The ModFather

torches_2_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtorches_2_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtorches_6_1024x1024 (1) (resized).jpgtorches_6_1024x1024 (1) (resized).jpgiron_prem_cup_1024x1024 (1) (resized).pngiron_prem_cup_1024x1024 (1) (resized).pngebros_in_game3_1024x1024 (resized).jpgebros_in_game3_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Can you pleae post a pic of the lit up playfield.

You can see a pic on our website, it looks particularly good during fear of the dark mode.

https://lermods.com/products/iron-maiden-pro-pinball-illuminated-plane-mod

#429 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I got mine here in a large sheet rolled up:
https://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
I use a fresh razor blade and a Starrett straight edge to the width of the shooter lanes (then trim for the switch blade). If I need a square I will usually use the width of the straight edge to cut a strip and then cut squares the width of it again. If I want a circle, I just use a socket the size I want and use that as a template. You can also cut rings that way too.
You can also get a craft/hobby cutter like a silhouette and program whatever shapes/designs you need into it.

could you send some pictures of your mylar placement/shapes?

#430 5 years ago

Has anyone bought the trough light up kit? I'm trying to decide what color to order (with my game arriving today) based on what others have installed and the look depending on the color scheme on the premium.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Has anyone bought the trough light up kit? I'm trying to decide what color to order (with my game arriving today) based on what others have installed and the look depending on the color scheme on the premium.

My preference is green, but red, white or ice blue would be ok too. Purple and blue don really fit the scheme.

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

No plans to market the plane and lights but VERY easy to make yourself. Buy a 3 or 5 LED strip from Comet Pinball's matrix system with a single 12" extension cable, a few cable ties, 8" ridged wire and a plane (search Ebay for "KOSCIUSZKO HURRICANE MK I #19/31"). That's it.

I plan on doing this...though could you let me know where you connected the matrix 12" extension cable into on the underside to actually power the LED?

#433 5 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#434 5 years ago

Mudflaps, Is the topper attached to the top?

#435 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Mudflaps, Is the topper attached to the top?

Yes. The topper is sound activated (the eyes light up yellow with a red flame effect). Held to the top with Velcro and tied into the 12V power supply.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes. The topper is sound activated (the eyes light up yellow with a red flame effect). Held to the top with Velcro and tied into the 12V power supply.

Any chance you could post a vid?

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I wasn't crazy about the white LEDs so I added some matching lighting gel. Purists and puke fighters can hate away, I like it... tones it down a lot! Looks better in person than in the pic
Also really happy with swapping red for purple in slings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I also wanted to try out the lighting gels...and I think they look great!

20181111_195413 (resized).jpg20181111_195413 (resized).jpg

They look a bit washed out in that pic, but in person they are a pretty close match to the in game colors.

Also....it cost me exactly $1.36 shipped, and applied with just a tiny bit of duck tape on the underside of the playfield. Just search "lighting gels" on aliexpress.

I just used 1 blue gel, and then doubled up the purple, yellow and orange gels (1 gel wasn't enough for those colors). For rime of the ancient mariner, I used a light blue and green together to get the aqua type color.

#439 5 years ago

Sound activated Supreme Iron Maiden topper pm if interested

#440 5 years ago

Just received th tilt topper maiden topper and it looks awesome. Although I have no idea where it needs to be pigged in for power. Can anyone take a pic of the correct place. Here's the instructions I was given. Thanks.
"Use the empty 12 V plug located in the lower cabinet just below the right flipper button assembly."

20181113_180043 (resized).jpg20181113_180043 (resized).jpg
#441 5 years ago

I made a lens tree with matched colored lenses for the white mode lights. It attaches to the two existing screws for the light board and color-coordinates the mode lights with the mode inserts while in each mode. Selling them for $14 + $4 USA shipping.
lens-mod-d2 (resized).jpglens-mod-d2 (resized).jpg

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: After making a bunch of these and realizing how long it takes to make them, I adjusted the price to $20.

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Just received th tilt topper maiden topper and it looks awesome. Although I have no idea where it needs to be pigged in for power. Can anyone take a pic of the correct place. Here's the instructions I was given. Thanks.
"Use the empty 12 V plug located in the lower cabinet just below the right flipper button assembly."
[quoted image]

Open the coin door look under the right flipper youll see a plug with nothing plugged into thats your ticket

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Open the coin door look under the right flipper youll see a plug with nothing plugged into thats your ticket

The bottom right flipper? Still not seeing it. Sorry I'm suck a newbie.

20181113_192946 (resized).jpg20181113_192946 (resized).jpg
#444 5 years ago

No worries bottom right the plug isn’t on the playfeild take the coinbox out

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

No worries bottom right

Delta 9, the part in my pic? I dont see anywhere to plug it into.

#446 5 years ago

Its not on the playfeild bottom right lower in the cabinet

#447 5 years ago

Pic of the topper on a premium

E458FB96-1963-4522-8C63-DC7FB0B49D5F (resized).pngE458FB96-1963-4522-8C63-DC7FB0B49D5F (resized).png
#448 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

The bottom right flipper? Still not seeing it. Sorry I'm suck a newbie.[quoted image]

It attaches to the node board underneath the left flipper button, but you’ll need a spike adapter. Pinballlife sells them for like $7.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#449 5 years ago

Vansmack99 I just sent you the installation link for the splitter from Mezelmods. You need the splitter. Contact Dan at Tilt topper and tell him you need the splitter. He’ll send it for free. You plug in the molex connector into one end of the splitter and the other end into the three pin 12 volt connector In the back box.

#450 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/9?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.