2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 864 posts
  • 171 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Mahoneyj
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5743[1417] (resized).jpg
IMG_5744[1419] (resized).jpg
IMG_5745[1421] (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190317_132809 (resized).jpg
A73DECCF-7A07-45D9-8E1C-3181239B73DC (resized).jpeg
54466D64-CFA8-4EC2-8D83-6C60E120335D (resized).jpeg
E37EE0A3-29A7-42D4-B8D6-918B9CC0A55E (resized).jpeg
0A021E0F-FDA0-4CBF-87CF-3C26689DE59C (resized).jpeg
D1B3D504-5F53-4F93-BB28-73EF8D95BEA9 (resized).jpeg
04B9E08E-2391-4DA6-B4AD-3B77FEE265DE (resized).jpeg
89BBBAB8-FF6D-4F1D-A4F2-0F230D17119F (resized).jpeg
B9158B2B-E97E-4FEF-BA4A-24106F1A0539 (resized).jpeg
B99D59C0-29E9-4914-BC86-3F9A430E19FA (resized).jpeg
D230A8DB-D1BF-4001-A859-0085C03DE000 (resized).jpeg
EBC3E018-C180-46F1-9BF8-14D6E489F483 (resized).jpeg

There are 864 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Cyberrocker:

They look great on my premium. Thanks again James!

Yes I agree. I picked up a set.

20180909_163221-1 (resized).jpg
#302 1 year ago

Anyone that has a premium and chose to change out the stock figures to the NECA wanna sell the stock Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time figures?

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

Anyone that has a premium and chose to change out the stock figures to the NECA wanna sell the stock Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time figures?

Have you priced these from stern ? Thinking of getting cyborg Eddie

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Have you priced these from stern ? Thinking of getting cyborg Eddie

How do you get them from Stern? Do you reach out to a distributor and ask (I've never bought new)? Do you contact Stern themselves? Not sure how that works, since I don't see them on PBL or Marco. I'm curious how much they cost as well.

#305 1 year ago

Searching the web, I can't find many score and instruction cards. I searched here too. I gotta be missing something.

#306 1 year ago

Guys, reach out to your distributors if you want the Premium figures in your Pro. Here’s what you need:

Cyborg Eddie, part #550-7421-00
Piece of Mind Eddie, part #550-7422-00
Bracket for sculpt mount, part #535-1854-00
Screw 6x1/2 PTH A, part# 237-5809-00 (x2)
Screw 6-32x3/8 PPH MS SEMS (x2)

AA8B0C72-C070-4750-961D-2FDFC3D91564 (resized).jpeg
#307 1 year ago

Here is an easy mod if anyone is getting tired of people asking where the sarcophagus shot is

Buy one of these, cut the base at an angle and glue the top to the base (then paint to match IM art like I did if desired) and use mounting tape to stick to the plastic so you dont have to drill!

ebay.com link » Egyptian Mummies Figure Mummy In A Sarcophagus Tutankhamun Resin Statue

e11e3a60b951da4d5d258d188231b7702dd6b3a3 (1).jpg
053700fb31da18233835f656150f9f880c030675.jpg

#308 1 year ago

Since the Premium figures were brought up, does anyone know if it would be possible to add the mech that lifts the ramp as well? Or would that require a cut to the play field?

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Here is an easy mod if anyone is getting tired of people asking where the sarcophagus shot is
Buy one of these, cut the base at an angle and glue the top to the base (then paint to match IM art like I did if desired) and use mounting tape to stick to the plastic so you dont have to drill!
ebay.com link » Egyptian Mummies Figure Mummy In A Sarcophagus Tutankhamun Resin Statue
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

We have something similar, but interactive with the game.and it shows the mummy. You are right, makes it easier to know where the shot is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/2#post-4425780

Quoted from hank35:

Searching the web, I can't find many score and instruction cards. I searched here too. I gotta be missing something.

Look on page 1 of this thread, there are some there.

#310 1 year ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I wasn't crazy about the white LEDs so I added some matching lighting gel. Purists and puke fighters can hate away, I like it... tones it down a lot! Looks better in person than in the pic
Also really happy with swapping red for purple in slings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I do this on all my Stern's. Light diffusers , especially super bright games like TWD.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes I agree. I picked up a set.[quoted image]

Can someone tell me where to get those yellow protectors ?

Thanks

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Look on page 1 of this thread, there are some there.

Thanks. I knew I saw them. Weird how keyword search results here didn't show these.
Thanks again.

#314 1 year ago

Can any of you modders out there, come up with a cool mod for the upper left of Maiden? I’m not interested in buying any of the NECA figures and the only other option is an airplane but I already have one over the right ramp. Maybe I’m the only one here who wants something different? Originally mezelmods was going to do a cannon for that spot but things changed for them and they ended up doing a cannon mod over the shooter lane. Any comments, ideas...or volunteers?

By the way I’ve bought mods from both lermods and mezelmods- both companies are terrific

#315 1 year ago

I am offering the "Yo Dawg" Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit set. This is basically my SPIKE 2 (type 11) light kit with a pair of replacement speaker plates that have one of my type 9 Speaker Light Kits mounted behind it.

These SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates center the speaker holes in the honeycomb grill areas and also has the bars removed from the middle of the speaker holes. The plate was originally designed for users of aftermarket speakers (Flipper Fidelity, Pinball Pro, etc...) to be able to use those speakers with my Spike 2 Speaker Light Kits without having to cut the bars out of the holes in the original factory speaker plates themselves. These plates will be listed on my website soon for $17.50 a pair.

Redesigning the speaker plates gave me the opportunity to change some things like the previously mentioned speaker hole placement as well as having 4 mounting posts for each speaker instead of the 2 provided on the factory speaker plate. I also changed the mounting stud position so a buyer could mount one of my type 9 Speaker Light Kits behind it.

The SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates will ONLY work if you are also using one of my SPIKE 2 (type 11) Speaker Light Kits. They will work with factory original OR aftermarket speakers. The SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates will NOT work in Iron Maiden LE or Deadpool LE (as they use 5 1/4" speakers instead of 4" speakers).

Also, if someone does want a light kit in a light kit....this will ONLY work with 4" factory speakers or a 4" replacement that is not deeper than the factory speakers. So Flipper Fidelity speakers will NOT work with the 2 light kit setup (but they will work fine with my standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits).

So the "Yo Dawg" is a bit niche and limited to who can use it (No 5 1/4" speakers and no bigger (meaning deeper) aftermarket speakers), but it can be done with my new SPIKE 2 Replacement Speaker Plates. The plates were designed and made to help aftermarket speaker owners that wanted to use my SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits easier to install.....being able to use the replacement plates to add another light kit behind them is just an added side effect of their design. I do not have the replacement speaker plates listed on my website yet and I'm not sure if I will be listing the Speaker Light Kit in a Speaker Light Kit set to the website at all.....but they are available now, if you want them or have any questions about them you can ask at:

support@speakerlightkits.com

The price is $120 which is $7.50 off from the combined price of these items individually and includes a required power splitter for this setup. Each individual light kit (inner and outer) both operate independently and the same as my light kits always have. RGB with a 44 key remote. Any acrylic designs or sound controlled RGB controller options are not included, but can be purchased separately on my website.

Doug

www.speakerlightkits.com
Aries' Bungholes (resized).JPGYo Dawg (resized).jpg

#316 1 year ago

My fist mod . . . . many more to come

41911517_2071911876173360_4584545742126841856_n (resized).jpg

#317 1 year ago

And here the opponent

20180915_111304 (resized).jpg

#318 1 year ago

My quick and dirty Iron Maiden premium topper. I used a Powerslave latex Eddie mask, a styrofoam head, a couple Comet "Fire" LEDs with plastic globes to difuse the light and a few PVC fittings. Being the LEDs are 6.3v I used a voltage regulator to drop the 12v from Stern's power distro to a useable voltage.

20180916_215706.jpg

20180916_215621.jpg
#319 1 year ago

Finally found a figure (I think) I like to replace the flat cyborg. Tried a cyborg there and it was too small.

Devil is part of an Iron Maiden Asylum Ultimate figure and includes a HUGE 18" Eddie. Wonder if I can use it as a topper.

Devil trident was broken on arrival, but it might be a blessing. Would not fit in the "up" direction. Does not interfere with gameplay at all.

IMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0813 (resized).jpgIMG_0814 (resized).jpgIMG_0815 (resized).JPG
#320 1 year ago

That devil guy looks like he's supposed to be there. Nice find. Since he's a central figure in the game, it actually makes more sense then the piece of mind figure, who is nowhere in the game (at least that I've seen). Of course, I do realize its the cyborg's spot.

#322 1 year ago

Not a big topper guy but, they do add a bit more evil...

FD19632B-1F8E-49D7-A922-2E5D7A4778AE (resized).jpeg
#323 1 year ago

Instruction card?

#324 1 year ago

Aww yah! Medisinyl in the house! If your IMDN mods are anything like RZ, I’m in!

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Instruction card?

Nope

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Aww yah! Medisinyl in the house! If your IMDN mods are anything like RZ, I’m in!

Then I hope it lives up to expectations This one will be PRO model only.

#326 1 year ago

I love it already

#327 1 year ago

For those that don't want to decipher this, it reads:

PLASTIC EDDIE SUCKS

SOMEWHERE IN TIME
LEGEND TELLS OF AN
AUGMENTATION DEVICE
TO MAKE HIM BAD ASS

FINAL PROTOTYPE SOON

I expect I'll tease some images and such during next week. Aiming to start production Oct. 1st.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I love it already

Good to know that my previous mods have offered some faith in my yet-to-be-seen mods (the pressure is on, haha ) For now I'll note that this is my largest mod to date and the one that has required the most intensive measuring and redesigns. Hoping to have the final prototype done and tested by Monday night. I already have a working prototype, but it doesn't have quite the impact I'm going for, so I got some new parts that I'm optimistic will bring the latest redesign up to that level.

I can't say it would be impossible to install on a premium/LE, but that would at least require getting a plastic cyborg Eddie (and checking if the premium has the same connector I use on the Pro). It may sound crazy for a Prem/LE owner to "downgrade" to the plastic Eddie, but in my biased opinion, this "augmentation device" makes him far superior

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

For those that don't want to decipher this, it reads:
PLASTIC EDDIE SUCKS
SOMEWHERE IN TIME
LEGEND TELLS OF AN
AUGMENTATION DEVICE
TO MAKE HIM BAD ASS
FINAL PROTOTYPE SOON
I expect I'll tease some images and such during next week. Aiming to start production Oct. 1st.

Good to know that my previous mods have offered some faith in my yet-to-be-seen mods (the pressure is on, haha ) For now I'll note that this is my largest mod to date and the one that has required the most intensive measuring and redesigns. Hoping to have the final prototype done and tested by Monday night. I already have a working prototype, but it doesn't have quite the impact I'm going for, so I got some new parts that I'm optimistic will bring the latest redesign up to that level.
I can't say it would be impossible to install on a premium/LE, but that would at least require getting a plastic cyborg Eddie (and checking if the premium has the same connector I use on the Pro). It may sound crazy for a Prem/LE owner to "downgrade" to the plastic Eddie, but in my biased opinion, this "augmentation device" makes him far superior

Well...if this mod is gonna change the game--you need to make sure it will fit on all the models!

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well...if this mod is gonna change the game--you need to make sure it will fit on all the models!

While I'm fairly confident it will "fit" if a premium owner gets a plastic Eddie to use, I'd still need to figure out how it would tie in. Even if the Prem/LE has the same connector, the mod ties in with that right ramp flasher (replacing the Z-connector), and the Premium seems to use that beacon in a different way, so it may not interact as intended (doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible to trigger it a different way if I make a prem/le revision). If I offer a Prem/LE version, I'd likely only offer one at first to get reality-check feedback on proper function.

As for "change the game," it of course won't change physical gameplay, but I believe it enhances the game more than any of my individual RZ mods, if that means anything

#330 1 year ago

Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with!

#331 1 year ago

A couple of mods I made and wanted to share on this cool Iron Maiden thread Lermods started. The Torches are hand made and go directly over the existing factory lights on the backboard. A special metal sleeve was designed to slide it over the existing screw , backlighting it nicely. The Annubis warrior God goes in between the torches , covering the matching image on the plastic. It gives it a 3D look and matches the theme perfectly. A good size , not to big. I hope you guys like them. These and other cool mods can be found at www.modfatherpinball.com

anubis_dog_installed_10_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtorches_5_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtorches_6_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from modfather:

A couple of mods I made and wanted to share on this cool Iron Maiden thread Lermods started. The Torches are hand made and go directly over the existing factory lights on the backboard. A special metal sleeve was designed to slide it over the existing screw , backlighting it nicely. The Annubis warrior God goes in between the torches , covering the matching image on the plastic. It gives it a 3D look and matches the theme perfectly. A good size , not to big. I hope you guys like them. These and other cool mods can be found at www.modfatherpinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks so much better than the stock look, nice job!

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That looks so much better than the stock look, nice job!

Thanks Rob, I appreciate it. This game is awesome and deserves some modding love. I like your game specific Mod threads, keeping everything in one place. Very Cool !! Chuck

#334 1 year ago

Been eyeing the torches and anubis. I like it better than the gold ones ive seen. Ill be ordering soon!

#335 1 year ago

Modfather, how do the lights behind the torches (red and yellow) work on the pro? Are they redirected to the torch, or seperate?

#336 1 year ago

The torches are hand made with a metal channel that the torch slides over the factory screw. The torch itself hides that screw. The flames are multi color plastic and have been positioned , so the factory lights shine through them, thus illuminating the flames only. It is pretty effective , I must say. The Annubis Warrior guard is solid resin , hand painted with taupe and gold accents. These mods are shown on the Pro ( my machine ). I am sure , these mods would work on the Premium models as well.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from modfather:

The torches are hand made with a metal channel that the torch slides over the factory screw. The torch itself hides that screw. The flames are multi color plastic and have been positioned , so the factory lights shine through them, thus illuminating the flames only. It is pretty effective , I must say. The Annubis Warrior guard is solid resin , hand painted with taupe and gold accents. These mods are shown on the Pro ( my machine ). I am sure , these mods would work on the Premium models as well.

You think the Annubis will work with the rising gate? Hope so.

#338 1 year ago

Today’s project underway. A clear plastic disco ball with color LEDs. Hopefully I can get motion. Bright as all heck. Vid does not do justice! Deadpool pro..

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Today’s project underway. A clear plastic disco ball with color LEDs. Hopefully I can get motion. Bright as all heck. Vid does not do justice! Deadpool pro..

Wrong thread. Apologies .

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wrong thread. Apologies .

I think you are fine posting IM mods in this thread. I believe this thread was intended for all modders to display their creativity. There is lots of people showing all kinds of different mods here. Correct me if I am wrong.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from modfather:

I think you are fine posting IM mods in this thread. I believe this thread was intended for all modders to display their creativity. There is lots of people showing all kinds of different mods here. Correct me if I am wrong.

His mod was a Deadpool mod. That is why he apologized after he noticed it was the wrong thread to be posting it on.

#342 1 year ago

I think for a disco ball to be appropriate for IM it would need to be consumed by hell fire or explode or melt or something...
Looks good in Deadpool though

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

His mod was a Deadpool mod. That is why he apologized after he noticed it was the wrong thread to be posting it on.

Well color me clueless...

#344 1 year ago

Ive seen the trooper figure, im guessing its to add to the trooper plastic over the ramp, and the straight jacket figure, what about a cyborg figure to replace that plastic, does anyone make that? Do the war planes cover the plane on the ramp cover plastic? Trying to decide on the mods i want on my pro. I dont like the flat plastic eddys.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ive seen the trooper figure, im guessing its to add to the trooper plastic over the ramp, and the straight jacket figure, what about a cyborg figure to replace that plastic, does anyone make that? Do the war planes cover the plane on the ramp cover plastic? Trying to decide on the mods i want on my pro. I dont like the flat plastic eddys.

I'll start revealing my solution for the plastic cyborg Eddie by tomorrow night (it covers a fair bit more space than just the Eddie). I currently have a working prototype that I'm satisfied with as a production model. Preorders opening later in the week and production tentatively starting on Oct. 1st. PRO model only for at least this first iteration.

#346 1 year ago

Sweet. Im hoping its a cyborg eddie, plane, ramp cover combo. Looking forward to reveal and pricing

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Sweet. Im hoping its a cyborg eddie, plane, ramp cover combo. Looking forward to reveal and pricing

Ramp cover you say? (pic from an earlier prototype) [EDIT: The tunnel has a red flasher installed in it that's interactive with the separate lightbox for the main section--3 flashers and 2 other bulbs total on this one]

MM (resized).jpg

#348 1 year ago

Just wanted to post a couple pics and video of my Iron Maiden Topper. I really love this pinball and I had a lot of fun designing this one....

472C10D5-77C4-463A-AA00-9FBF8C2C5B3F (resized).jpegA962EC9F-F5AD-46D9-BA9E-3FC224F327B9 (resized).jpegE1602D68-3F5A-4A69-B8DF-C52F4FB3B286 (resized).jpeg
#349 1 year ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a couple pics and video of my Iron Maiden Topper. I really love this pinball and I had a lot of fun designing this one....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When’s this shipping out? My IMDN is lonely!

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Ramp cover you say? (pic from an earlier prototype) [EDIT: The tunnel has a red flasher installed in it that's interactive with the separate lightbox for the main section--3 flashers and 2 other bulbs total on this one]
[quoted image]

Cool! Looks like some kind of pyramid that sits up in the upper corner? Can't wait for the full reveal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 864 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside