anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Interesting. I think the cost and effort are well worth it. To each his own though. I look forward to seeing your IMDN when it's done - please post pics!

All done, amazing color, matches very well.

IMG_20180524_105703 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105703 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_105722 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105722 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_105728 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105728 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpg

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

The Trooper is now in place also .

How did you secure the Eddie figures in place?

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That looks amazing! Great choice!

Maybe change the T-mold as well to orange?

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

That looks amazing! Great choice!
Maybe change the T-mold as well to orange?

Agreed, the T molding in black isn’t great. I’ll have to find something else.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Wow - that was fast! Nice color match. Congrats on your even more bitchin' IMDN!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Nice color choice. Looks good.

#57 5 years ago

I wanted to upload the video the best I could do is a still of the mod for the eyes.
I removed the plastic, cut out a piece of thick paper the entire shape, hole punched for the post and then held the paper and the plastic to the light, traced the eyes and used an exacto knife to cut the eyes out and reinstalled. Bingo.

Next, here's the plane I mounted which includes a 3 LED light (Comet Matrix) on the right wing to light up the center of the playfield.

And lastly, thank you to Marco for sending the Maiden banner which will be displayed at the Museum of Pinball in October for Pinball Madness to compliment our LE but for now it's in our home arcade....with my Pro.

IMG-0902 (resized).JPGIMG-0902 (resized).JPGIMG-0976 (resized).JPGIMG-0976 (resized).JPGPublication1 (resized).jpgPublication1 (resized).jpg
#58 5 years ago

Just an early look at the orb mod I'm doing for my IM Pro. I drilled a hole in the plastic centered on the orb graphic and flipped my LED board. I mounted a clear ball and added a blue diffuser to add some color. I will experiment with different colors and brightness. Just a quick vid showing the orb mod and me playing one handed. It should definitely be more obvious where the orb shot is.

I don't have it yet, but Ill be mounting a Legacy of the Beast mini-figure Clairvoyant behind the orb. I would also like to add a little base to the ball to give it a more finished look. Here it is.

I considered trying to position the lit orb between her hands too.

Clairvoyant (resized).jpgClairvoyant (resized).jpg

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just an early look at the orb mod I'm doing for my IM Pro. I drilled a hole in the plastic centered on the orb graphic and flipped my LED board. I mounted a clear ball and added a blue diffuser to add some color. I will experiment with different colors and brightness. Just a quick vid showing the orb, mummy and flipper bats I swapped. It should definitely be more obvious where the orb shot is.
» YouTube video
I don't have it yet, but Ill be mounting a Legacy of the Beast mini-figure Clairvoyant behind the orb. I would also like to add a little base to the ball to give it a more finished look. Here it is.

Excellent toasterdog!! I had these ideas in my head; I even almost ordered the legacy of the beast figure too, but the demon on my right shoulder said I’d be better off just sitting on my ass looks great! Well done.

#60 5 years ago

Wow that orb mod looks really good!

#61 5 years ago

Thanks guys. The orb mod is super easy. It took me no more than 15 minutes or so.

For my orb I used a globe from a string of lights. The globe is the size I wanted and the shape works well. I also like the fact it's not perfectly clear (I would have preferred a cloudy look) but it was affordable and looks great from the players view. I ended up lightly sanding the globe anyway to get my cloudy look and hide the bubbles inside.

IMG_4677 (resized).JPGIMG_4677 (resized).JPG

String of globe lights for $9 and free shipping. You can pluck the globes off and still have the string of lights too.

https://www.amazon.com/Qedertek-Outdoor-Crystal-Waterproof-Decorations/dp/B012VIRDB2/ref=sr_1_12

I drilled a hole in the plastic the same diameter as the little downtube. It keeps the ball steady and seems to help channel the light. I chose to file the tube down some, but it could be left long to add a pedestal for the orb. I simple slid a piece of blue sticky note paper between the led and lightly sanded globe to change the color.

The more I play with it the more I really like it, even without adding the figure (although I’m going to)

I like the orb illuminates when the orb is hit and obviously when the orb shot is lit.

IMG_4663 (resized).JPGIMG_4663 (resized).JPG

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just an early look at the orb mod I'm doing for my IM Pro. I drilled a hole in the plastic centered on the orb graphic and flipped my LED board. I mounted a clear ball and added a blue diffuser to add some color. I will experiment with different colors and brightness. Just a quick vid showing the orb mod and me playing one handed. It should definitely be more obvious where the orb shot is.
» YouTube video

This would also look great on the LE/Prem, due to the orb being RGB/color changing...

#63 5 years ago

0514181348 (resized).jpg0514181348 (resized).jpg

0511181554a (resized).jpg0511181554a (resized).jpg

0517181428a (resized).jpg0517181428a (resized).jpg

#64 5 years ago

Blades,Eddie POM,Shaman Eddie,Newton ball,Plane

#65 5 years ago

Just as an update, I added my mini-figure, but she was still too big. I had to cut her dress in half. I tried a few different mounting options, but opted for simplicity. I drill a hole (divot) the size of the center screw head and put a small dab of super glue in the divot (adhered to screw head) and it's very solid with no vibration.

Anyway, not as great as I hope, but better then the original IMO.

Clairvoyant1 (resized).JPGClairvoyant1 (resized).JPGClairvoyant2 (resized).JPGClairvoyant2 (resized).JPG

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just as an update, I added my mini-figure, but she was still too big. I had to cut her dress in half. I tried a few different mounting options, but opted for simplicity. I drill a hole (divot) the size of the center screw head and put a small dab of super glue in the divot (adhered to screw head) and it's very solid with no vibration.
Anyway, not as great as I hope, but better then the original IMO.

Cool on the orb. We have a similar one that will be ready in a few days, just waiting on connectors. Ours will run off the flasher that is under the plastic with the orb effectively taking its place. we will have a few different colors available, blue, red, purple, green, ice blue and white. Ours will also appear to be floating/elevated. Stay tuned...

#68 5 years ago

Iron Maiden PinBlades now available

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/iron-maiden-pinball-pinblades

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.29 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.20 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.11.14 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.44 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.38 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.09.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.09.43 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-29 at 5.10.29 AM (resized).png

#69 5 years ago

Whoa - these look great! Great work! Just curious how these look on the Premium. Any plans for an egyptian themed one?

Although maybe there's enough egyptian going on in the Premium and these will be an awesome change of pace.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Whoa - these look great! Great work! Just curious how these look on the Premium. Any plans for an egyptian themed one?
Although maybe there's enough egyptian going on in the Premium and these will be an awesome change of pace.

Thanks so much! Believe it or not..this started out more as an egyptian them..but I lost control one night and started over again... that's when I came up with these.

Someone else had asked me the same question so It looks like I might have to finish the one I started.
but I am glad to har you like this one too.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks so much! Believe it or not..this started out more as an egyptian them..but I lost control one night and started over again... that's when I came up with these.
Someone else had asked me the same question so It looks like I might have to finish the one I started.

Would love to see this theme / something to go with the back board decal !

#72 5 years ago

Joe,

These are awesome!

Unfortunately, I've got the Stern ones on my LE and I don't want to swap them out for several reasons..

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Joe,
These are awesome!
Unfortunately, I've got the Stern ones on my LE and I don't want to swap them out for several reasons..

I hear ya! And I get it.. but thank you!

If someone has a template for the backpanel I could make something..who knows ..maybe even test it too

#74 5 years ago

The ones you showed is PERFECT for the pro and looks amazing!

BUT Id love to see an Egyptian theme for the Premium! Please finish that one and lets see it!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

The ones you showed is PERFECT for the pro and looks amazing!
BUT Id love to see an Egyptian theme for the Premium! Please finish that one and lets see it!

I agree an Egyptian would really tie the premium togeather

#76 5 years ago

The powerblade version of this will be insane.

#77 5 years ago

Mummy/sarcohpogus ball lock mod...tied to the ball lock flasher so it flashes red when the ball lock flasher lights. I can do other flasher colors too: green, blue, ice blue, white and purple. It will be up on our website and pinside shop by tomorrow. Pro only unless someone thinks it will fit somewhere on the premium or LE.

IMG_20180530_195842 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_195842 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180530_195825 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_195825 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180530_195832 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180530_195832 (resized).jpg

#78 5 years ago

Need planes with propeller turning interaction mod

#79 5 years ago

What size is your spitfire and where did you get it. can we se a whole playfield shot .

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What size is your spitfire and where did you get it. can we se a whole playfield shot .

1/72 scale on eBay, lots of them.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mummy/sarcohpogus ball lock mod...tied to the ball lock flasher so it flashes red when the ball lock flasher lights. I can do other flasher colors too: green, blue, ice blue, white and purple. It will be up on our website and pinside shop by tomorrow. Pro only unless someone thinks it will fit somewhere on the premium or LE.

That sarcophagus mod looks great! much more realistic than the Stern offering. We need to get that integrated with the Premiums and LE's

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

String of globe lights for $9 and free shipping. You can pluck the globes off and still have the string of lights too.

Man, thanks a bunch for sharing. Ordered the string of lights. If anybody is in Dallas/FW and wants to save a couple bucks you are welcome to come grab a bulb cover from this strand. Arrives on Saturday.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

That sarcophagus mod looks great! much more realistic than the Stern offering. We need to get that integrated with the Premiums and LE's

Thanks. If someone wants to work with me and find a fit for the le or premium, reach out to me.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks. If someone wants to work with me and find a fit for the le or premium, reach out to me.

I hopefully will have my premium next week.
I’ll let ya know

#85 5 years ago

Orange mounted pincup

IMG_20180530_200038 (resized).jpgIMG_20180530_200038 (resized).jpg
#86 5 years ago

Is it 3D printed in ABS with acetone bath ?

#87 5 years ago

My version of an orb. It is tied to the orb flasher and actually replaces the orb flasher underneath so all that flashes with the game is the orb on top, not the flasher underneath. much better I think. I made this one blue, but I can offer it in other colors, white, red, green and yellow. It will be up on our website tomorrow I think.

I think our mods for this game are mostly done. Pharoah eyes, orb, sarcophogus, backboard light and trough light plus the backbox.

15278995344326123954296921118840 (resized).jpg15278995344326123954296921118840 (resized).jpgIMG_20180601_202335 (resized).jpgIMG_20180601_202335 (resized).jpg

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My version of an orb. It is tied to the orb flasher and actually replaces the orb flasher underneath so all that flashes with the game is the orb on top, not the flasher underneath. much better I think. I made this one blue, but I can offer it in other colors, white, red, green and yellow. It will be up on our website tomorrow I think.
I think our mods for this game are mostly done. Pharoah eyes, orb, sarcophogus, backboard light and trough light plus the backbox.

Ler did you guys do a custom led job behind the translite? Looks great and pulls the colors better

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ler did you guys do a custom led job behind the translite? Looks great and pulls the colors better

Yes, that is our backbox mod. It’s a panel with led strips custom set to accent the colors. It also had flasher integration and the marquee changes color. Quite a bit of labor involved in making it. It will be up on our website today, along with the orb.

#90 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers. These are an EL product with a magnet on the back that you just put over your existing hinge. Under 5 minutes to install. (yes it is on the wrong game)

iron maiden (resized).jpgiron maiden (resized).jpg

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers. These are an EL product with a magnet on the back that you just put over your existing hinge. Under 5 minutes to install. (yes it is on the wrong game)

Website?

#92 5 years ago

How I put Eddie #2 to bed every night. My son, Eddie #1 is only 2 1/2 and a lot harder to get to sleep. The placement of the Eddies in the play field photo have been snug and held nicely by clear plastic ties. The light beacon in the back blasts through thE clear maiden logo. I’d love to get something to put on it for seventh son because I rarely see the drop targets from the side. That would complete the representations for all my favorite albums.

0C34A8B2-DB72-4E1B-866B-2DD8C317906D (resized).jpeg0C34A8B2-DB72-4E1B-866B-2DD8C317906D (resized).jpegF39C48F9-1AA7-44D2-A8A9-EEDA86B815D9 (resized).jpegF39C48F9-1AA7-44D2-A8A9-EEDA86B815D9 (resized).jpeg
#93 5 years ago

Can somebody please make a decal to cover up this white portion of the back panel?
FDD3EEC6-2F81-47B3-90A9-F9DBB9824DF3 (resized).jpegFDD3EEC6-2F81-47B3-90A9-F9DBB9824DF3 (resized).jpeg
I thought I was missing some sort of plastic or factory decal there but I guess all the premiums/LE’s look like this.
Looks unfinished and turrible.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Can somebody please make a decal to cover up this white portion of the back panel?

I thought I was missing some sort of plastic or factory decal there but I guess all the premiums/LE’s look like this.
Looks unfinished and turrible.

terrible (resized).jpgterrible (resized).jpg
#95 5 years ago

We have small supply, and are taking them to the Atlanta show this weekend. When we get back we will be making more and should have a good supply in 2 weeks. We will also have a supply at New England.

Here is a 91 second installation video from start to finish:

Here are some other styles:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%9c%94-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-lighted-pinball-mods

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have small supply, and are taking them to the Atlanta show this weekend. When we get back we will be making more and should have a good supply in 2 weeks. We will also have a supply at New England.
Here is a 91 second installation video from start to finish:

Here are some other styles:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%9c%94-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-lighted-pinball-mods

Me want, but I am in Arizona

#97 5 years ago

How about a backbox lighting mod for the LE so it doesn't washout the backglass so much. Turning down the intensity of the lights helps some, but it still looses the shimmer that is visible when not lighted. I would think this would work for the Pros and Premiums as well.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

How about a backbox lighting mod for the LE so it doesn't washout the backglass so much. Turning down the intensity of the lights helps some, but it still looses the shimmer that is visible when not lighted. I would think this would work for the Pros and Premiums as well.

We can make them, look at post 89 where there is a video of my pro. I can make a similar custom one for the LE or premium.

https://lermods.com/products/iron-maiden-pinball-led-strip-backbox-light-kit

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Thanks guys. The orb mod is super easy. It took me no more than 15 minutes or so.
For my orb I used a globe from a string of lights. The globe is the size I wanted and the shape works well. I also like the fact it's not perfectly clear (I would have preferred a cloudy look) but it was affordable and looks great from the players view. I ended up lightly sanding the globe anyway to get my cloudy look and hide the bubbles inside.

amazon.com link »
I drilled a hole in the plastic the same diameter as the little downtube. It keeps the ball steady and seems to help channel the light. I chose to file the tube down some, but it could be left long to add a pedestal for the orb. I simple slid a piece of blue sticky note paper between the led and lightly sanded globe to change the color.
The more I play with it the more I really like it, even without adding the figure (although I’m going to)
I like the orb illuminates when the orb is hit and obviously when the orb shot is lit.

Thanks for posting. I thought I would post a before and after look when sanding. I wet sanded using 400 then 1200 grit.

I think I’m going to add a resistor to drop voltage to 2v and just use the led that came with it and wire into GI
402DE6AB-DE39-4187-8BE1-158C35909880 (resized).jpeg402DE6AB-DE39-4187-8BE1-158C35909880 (resized).jpeg492656B1-BA1E-482F-9D14-EF31946865E0 (resized).jpeg492656B1-BA1E-482F-9D14-EF31946865E0 (resized).jpeg

#100 5 years ago
15286143669856632010121833358584 (resized).jpg15286143669856632010121833358584 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.50
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.