anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no , no it doesn't. We all know what games look like when people do this to them, and none of them look good. Especially when you have a game with detailed artwork and shading. you are ruining all of the artwork. Nobody should ever put colored lights in ANY GI socket. Horrible, horrible horrible.

There are no colored lights in any of the gi in the pic I showed. There is a green trough light, an ice blue backboard light and the red is coming from the lights under the playfield. It IS exaggerated by the camera. Anyway, owner I nodded the game for loves it and that’s all that really matters.

#752 5 years ago

Kimballspinballs.com LE speaker light mods. Look great!!

20190330_204955 (resized).jpg20190330_204955 (resized).jpg20190330_205021 (resized).jpg20190330_205021 (resized).jpg20190330_205000 (resized).jpg20190330_205000 (resized).jpg20190330_205018 (resized).jpg20190330_205018 (resized).jpg
#753 5 years ago

Posted in the owners thread as well:

Is it possible to retrofit the orb target from the premium/Le into the pro to replace the standard standup target?

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is it possible to retrofit the orb target from the premium/Le into the pro to replace the standard standup target?

You could *maybe* do a very small X-Men captive ball thing, but that would be a pretty major redesign. There's no way for it to work like the Prem/LE without drilling, and I don't recommend it.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

you don't want this.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could *maybe* do a very small X-Men captive ball thing, but that would be a pretty major redesign. There's no way for it to work like the Prem/LE without drilling, and I don't recommend it.

Maybe if someone can work on something like this...

#757 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Maybe if someone can work on something like this...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#758 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Maybe someone can work on something like this...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#759 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

[quoted image]

What's the point? That's just a target like the one there already. It's not going to register hits from the sides and back like the newton ball does in the Prem/LE.

#760 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Kimballspinballs.com LE speaker light mods. Look great!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can't find these on their website

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Can't find these on their website

Not posted yet I dont think. ill ask

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the point? That's just a target like the one there already. It's not going to register hits from the sides and back like the newton ball does in the Prem/LE.

Being able to score from the side might just be worth the price of the Premium (and the hassle of maintaining the mech). I get way more Mummy letters, jackpots and orb hits from the side than I do head-on.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Being able to score from the side might just be worth the price of the Premium (and the hassle of maintaining the mech). I get way more Mummy letters, jackpots and orb hits from the side than I do head-on.

Having played both extensively, the Premium/LE is definitely the preferred experience.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

This is the point, "Being able to score from the side".
I have the pro version, and i find it very dificult to hit...

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you don't want this.

Yeah, I do. I don't mind drilling the pf to make it work.

I thought about a Tommy silver ball target too, but those aren't exactly easy to find, and I'm sure it would break quickly being so close to the flippers.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yeah, I do. I don't mind drilling the pf to make it work.
I thought about a Tommy silver ball target too, but those aren't exactly easy to find, and I'm sure it would break quickly being so close to the flippers.

That is also a valid question, the durability of it, because like you have said, is very close to the flippers.
Are you going to drill it?

This is close of what we need... and still no drill...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

That is also a valid question, the durability of it, because like you have said, is very close to the flippers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods

The problem is the X-Men newton mod relies on the existing switch position and hole, which means the ball will jut forward, likely into the path of the ball to the lower spinner, potentially altering it.

I really don't think there's a good solution other than saving up for a HUO Premium and upgrading if you're dissatisfied with the lower orb target.

#768 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I am going to order the complete assy, and see what I can do. Will find a local premium or Le to get some measurements before.

#769 5 years ago

Quoted from dsuperbee:I am going to order the complete assy, and see what I can do. Will find a local premium or Le to get some measurements before.

Im with you man...

#770 5 years ago

go looks at the problems thread and see if you are still so keen - the ball mech is piss.

#771 5 years ago

Does anyone have the PinGraffix Powerbladez for Maiden? If so how do you like it? I have been thinking about adding them but I have one of the toppers Delta9 made that uses the same bill-validator power socket that the power bladez use. Is there a reliable splitter that could allow both to run without damaging the machine?

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Does anyone have the PinGraffix Powerbladez for Maiden? If so how do you like it? I have been thinking about adding them but I have one of the toppers Delta9 made that uses the same bill-validator power socket that the power bladez use. Is there a reliable splitter that could allow both to run without damaging the machine?

Spike is a touchy thing so not sure stacking mods is a good idea there, but you could always run it off the service outlet in the backbox.

#773 5 years ago

I have installed them - had to make a very small cut to allow for crooked support blocks in my cabinet. I like the look but I have noticed a very slight hum coming from the blades as they cycle - you only hear/notice this before the game starts. Posted picture over on the iron maiden owners thread post 4215

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

go looks at the problems thread and see if you are still so keen - the ball mech is piss.

I disagree, I only had problems with mine once , I adjusted it and it has been flawless ever since. I love the way it plays compared to the pro

#775 5 years ago
Quoted from Birdnest:

I like the look but I have noticed a very slight hum coming from the blades as they cycle - you only hear/notice this before the game starts

Ditto

#776 5 years ago

The game is a little dark especially in the center of the playfield. I think Pin Stadiums look great on this pin but I don't know if I want to go that far. Anyone have examples of added spotlights or some other lighting mods?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

NeilMcRae I haven't had a problem with mine after you and I absolute drenched the threads in locktite. 400+ games now without an issue. Thanks for the help!

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

The game is a little dark especially in the center of the playfield. I think Pin Stadiums look great on this pin but I don't know if I want to go that far. Anyone have examples of added spotlights or some other lighting mods?

neilmcrae I haven't had a problem with mine after you and I absolute drenched the threads in locktite. 400+ games now without an issue. Thanks for the help!

I had the same concerns with stadium lighting on this game and went with adding some spotlights. I guess I’ll write that up now, give me a bit.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

neilmcrae I haven't had a problem with mine after you and I absolute drenched the threads in locktite. 400+ games now without an issue. Thanks for the help!

Look at the first few posts of this thread, there’s some pics of a trough and backboard lighting that casts good light.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Here are spots I put on my pro. I like them and light it up good. I also switched out all GI to Comet sunlight frosted.

IMDN Playfield spots (resized).jpgIMDN Playfield spots (resized).jpgIMDN Right spot (resized).jpgIMDN Right spot (resized).jpgIMDN left spot (resized).jpgIMDN left spot (resized).jpg
#780 5 years ago

I wanted to preserve a more moody atmosphere in the game vs the effect that stadium lights would provide so decided to try adding a few well placed spots. I'm very happy with how it turned out, highlights the figures and PF really well and still "feels right" and preserves the "Fear of Dark" mode where things get dark.

This is going get a bit long but in the interest of completeness...

To start with I had previously replaced all the factory white and red GI lighting with either WW (under the yellow plastics) or Comet 2 SMD Sunlight bulbs (under the slings and ball guides and other blue plastics), except I left the factory red bulbs in the very back of the pf since they didn't really interfere with PF art you could see anyway. I also put a red bulb under the plastic in the back right corner and disconnected the white bulb under left rear plastic (leaving the factory red bulbs) to provide a darker lighting in the lower back corners that don't need much light and to improve atmosphere.

IMG_5447 (resized).JPGIMG_5447 (resized).JPG
IMG_5449 (resized).JPGIMG_5449 (resized).JPG

I added additional spots to the right slight shot (2 headed), a single spot next to the pops, and another single spot near the top right flipper.

Since I'd heard that the node boards in Spike games can't handle a lot of additional load I decided to add one spot to each GI circuit (as you test in Diagnostics) to spread the load around. I have no idea if the separate circuits actually use separate node boards or all supported by the same one, but seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe someone more knowledgable can comment.

Here's how it looks with everything added.

IMG_5445 (resized).JPGIMG_5445 (resized).JPG

I used two spots on the right sling, one pointing between the slings and the other up the centre of the playfield. I kept the reflectors on these to prevent the bulbs from being visible to the player.
IMG_5430 (resized).JPGIMG_5430 (resized).JPG
IMG_5433 (resized).JPGIMG_5433 (resized).JPG
I used the Comet Op-Max WW bulb for the mid playfield (these bulbs are really impressive) and a Coment 5 SMD insane bright WW one for between the slings. I couldn't use the Op-Max bulb for between the slings as it sticks out past the reflector and was visible to the player. The insane bright bulb has no cover and is invisible to the player.
IMG_5425 (resized).JPGIMG_5425 (resized).JPG

IMG_5426 (resized).JPGIMG_5426 (resized).JPG

One spot over the upper right flipper to light the middle right side of the playfield. This one I left the reflector off since the player can't really see the bulb directly and it is less noticeable without the reflector on it. I used a Comet Op-Max WW bulb here and removed the largish cover it comes with using pliers since the cover made it visible to the player and without the cover it is not. It is amazing how much light this one bulb throws over the PF when mounted a little higher as it is. Also has no impact on visibility of the upper right flipper shot, other than providing a great amount of light.
IMG_5427 (resized).JPGIMG_5427 (resized).JPG
IMG_5443 (resized).JPGIMG_5443 (resized).JPG
These sockets are connected to the factory bulb sockets on separate GI circuits as shown below:
IMG_5450 (resized).JPGIMG_5450 (resized).JPG

Finally the left side socket lights the pop PF area and the Madness Eddie figure. Again no reflector and using an Op-Max bulb with the cover removed.
IMG_5431 (resized).JPGIMG_5431 (resized).JPG
IMG_5451 (resized).JPGIMG_5451 (resized).JPG
IMG_5437 (resized).JPGIMG_5437 (resized).JPG

The light is perfect as it leave the area immediately around the ORB a little darker so when that flasher goes off it lights up the PF in that area. Awesome!
IMG_5388 (resized).JPGIMG_5388 (resized).JPG

I also used the Comet Matrix wire connectors to wire everything which come in handy sizes. Everything you need to do this can be purchased from Comet for probably less than $25 (sockets, bulbs, Matrix wires, and hex posts). Far more cost-effective and I think a better result than using Pinstadiums.

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I am going to order the complete assy, and see what I can do. Will find a local premium or Le to get some measurements before.

Any updates on this mod?!

#782 5 years ago

I bought the Cyborg Eddie sculpt from Pinball Life (https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden.html), and can't figure out how to get the thin plastic Eddie off to put the sculpt on. Do I have to take the ramp off too? Or is there something easy that I'm just missing?

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I bought the Cyborg Eddie sculpt from Pinball Life (https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden.html), and can't figure out how to get the thin plastic Eddie off to put the sculpt on. Do I have to take the ramp off too? Or is there something easy that I'm just missing?

Crap I paid more than that for mine!
No need to remove the ramp. It just unscrews from what I remember .

#784 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Crap I paid more than that for mine!
No need to remove the ramp. It just unscrews from what I remember .

I see a screw, but can't figure out how to get a screwdriver to it because the ramp's in the way... Maybe I need a smaller screwdriver. :/

#785 5 years ago

It's real easy. Here is mine attached. Just remove these 2 screws.

20190412_152928 (resized).jpg20190412_152928 (resized).jpg
#786 5 years ago

Thanks! I thought I had to remove the nuts behind the flat plastic Eddie and somehow missed that those two screws would take it off. I feel kinda dumb...

#787 5 years ago

Just got my premium with a few mods. One being the shaker motor. Holy cow it’s so strong that it’s rattling the back glass and just sounds rough. It’s a stern unit. Anyone else have this issue? Did you reset both weights or just the one side?
My GB shaker does not have this issue and I will probably look at how that’s positioned.

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Just got my premium with a few mods. One being the shaker motor. Holy cow it’s so strong that it’s rattling the back glass and just sounds rough. It’s a stern unit. Anyone else have this issue? Did you reset both weights or just the one side?
My GB shaker does not have this issue and I will probably look at how that’s positioned.

You sure it's a Stern one? Sounds more like Cointaker.

You can reduce the shaker amount in the settings or change the offset of the weight on one side to smooth it out.

#789 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You sure it's a Stern one? Sounds more like Cointaker.
You can reduce the shaker amount in the settings or change the offset of the weight on one side to smooth it out.

I bought the machine from cointaker but they advised it was a stern motor. If it is a cointaker would resolving the issue be resolved with the weight being offset? It’s set to the lightest use on the machine

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I bought the machine from cointaker but they advised it was a stern motor. If it is a cointaker would resolving the issue be resolved with the weight being offset? It’s set to the lightest use on the machine

If it's a cointaker motor, it will always have unpleasant shaking even if you offset the weights. Is the plastic cover clear? Any markings on it?

#791 5 years ago

Will check when I get back tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

#792 4 years ago

Finished adding the last of my play PF mods! I couldn’t find the NECA cyborg/somewhere in time Eddie so I went with the trooper. I accidentally bought the clothy peace of mind Eddie to I purchased the molded clothing one and installed it to match the trooper. I’ll put the clothy peace of mind Eddie up in the bar

I also purchased the re-release of the somewhere in time CD which included the small cyborg Eddie figure that to my surprise has a lot of detail. He’s perfect around the lamp post as a subtle not so obvious mod. My SUV still has a CD player so I’ve been playing the cd for the last 2 weeks on the way to work. First cd I bought in over a decade I love that album.

I’m really happy with this set up, the other mods I installed feel natural. I ordered a tilt topper which should be arriving next month or so. After that who knows maybe I’ll install a shaker. Am debating the speaker lights as I don’t want too much glare (I play in the dark).

8E380A50-9916-4B97-A1CC-D375D3CBAF38 (resized).jpeg8E380A50-9916-4B97-A1CC-D375D3CBAF38 (resized).jpeg3F8FE2CB-1127-4075-871A-BC00FE67B88E (resized).jpeg3F8FE2CB-1127-4075-871A-BC00FE67B88E (resized).jpegF859BD88-4AC3-4D21-BA50-B86B1D8408B4 (resized).jpegF859BD88-4AC3-4D21-BA50-B86B1D8408B4 (resized).jpeg
#793 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's a cointaker motor, it will always have unpleasant shaking even if you offset the weights. Is the plastic cover clear? Any markings on it?

Looks like a stern shaker motor #041-5029-04

A1095B4D-E0A0-4671-9333-4DDA314EC61C (resized).jpegA1095B4D-E0A0-4671-9333-4DDA314EC61C (resized).jpeg
#794 4 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Finished adding the last of my play PF mods! I couldn’t find the NECA cyborg/somewhere in time Eddie so I went with the trooper. I accidentally bought the clothy peace of mind Eddie to I purchased the molded clothing one and installed it to match the trooper. I’ll put the clothy peace of mind Eddie up in the bar
I also purchased the re-release of the somewhere in time CD which included the small cyborg Eddie figure that to my surprise has a lot of detail. He’s perfect around the lamp post as a subtle not so obvious mod. My SUV still has a CD player so I’ve been playing the cd for the last 2 weeks on the way to work. First cd I bought in over a decade I love that album.
I’m really happy with this set up, the other mods I installed feel natural. I ordered a tilt topper which should be arriving next month or so. After that who knows maybe I’ll install a shaker. Am debating the speaker lights as I don’t want too much glare (I play in the dark).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you mount the Cyborg figure? I'm looking at adding a couple myself, but unsure on how people are mounting them

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Looks like a stern shaker motor #041-5029-04
[quoted image]

I have no idea why you're getting such rough shaking, then. Stern and Pinball Life shakers are in the "just right" zone, usually. Good news is loosening the screw and turning the weight on one side (only) to change the offset should make it less extreme.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

How did you mount the Cyborg figure? I'm looking at adding a couple myself, but unsure on how people are mounting them

I just ziptied his back leg to the post

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea why you're getting such rough shaking, then. Stern and Pinball Life shakers are in the "just right" zone, usually. Good news is loosening the screw and turning the weight on one side (only) to change the offset should make it less extreme.

So I turned one weight 90 degrees and now it’s perfect. Thanks for your help!!

#798 4 years ago

So do you want them off set to shake more?

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So do you want them off set to shake more?

Rotating one so it's more offset makes it shake less vigorously.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/16?hl=birdnest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.