anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 21.
#701 5 years ago

Kudos to Mezel Mods for excellent service as they replaced my ramp archway with their new design after a defect developed! Thanks again!

#702 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Kudos to Mezel Mods for excellent service as they replaced my ramp archway with their new design after a defect developed! Thanks again!

Hope it’s just an isolated incident. That it one of my favorite mods on my game.

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hope it’s just an isolated incident. That it one of my favorite mods on my game.

The "feet" cracked on mine and the new version has metal feet.

#704 5 years ago

Is the "new coil" a fix for the auto-plunge issue? This is the first I've heard of this.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not strictly true. I'm not being alarmist, but people need to know there ARE risks to light in that area of the spectrum and make informed decisions. There are many studies going on regarding light towards the UV end of the spectrum (especially on blue LED since it's become pervasive in consumer electronics) and studies as recent as last year have shown as little as 8 lux of blue light has a negative effect. 8 lux is so dim you can barely tell it's on.

They just put an indoor Jurassic mini golf near me. It's a giant room full of 100's of blacklights and it's staffed by poor saps that have to do a whole shift in there.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They just put an indoor Jurassic mini golf near me. It's a giant room full of 100's of blacklights and it's staffed by poor saps that have to do a whole shift in there.

Sounds like OSHA would love to have a talk with them.

#707 5 years ago

Anyone else notice that Stern did away with the coin door decals with the spike games? I like the coin door decals, all my SAM's have them. I think maiden definitely needs one.

I am not artistic enough to do it, just a suggestion for someone who is.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Anyone else notice that Stern did away with the coin door decals with the spike games? I like the coin door decals, all my SAM's have them. I think maiden definitely needs one.
I am not artistic enough to do it, just a suggestion for someone who is.

You mean like this? Contact me if you want one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#709 5 years ago

Looks like there are some options on Amazon too.
https://www.amazon.com/s

#710 5 years ago

New product from Liorillusion, the Iron Maiden Apron cover. This will be available in April and exclusively distributed by Mezelmods. Here is the prototype without the hand painting.
3166783B-A600-4E63-B542-399173DB85CB (resized).jpeg3166783B-A600-4E63-B542-399173DB85CB (resized).jpeg

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Back to the “new coil” details??

I went the opposite of most and I loosened up the screw that holds the plunger rail ever so slightly . Since I did that I get 100% auto plunge perfection. No coil change.

That's just my experience but....

#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I went the opposite of most and I loosened up the screw that holds the plunger rail ever so slightly . Since I did that I get 100% auto plunge perfection. No coil change.
That's just my experience but....

My 2 cents. My auto plunge worked fine but I could never self plunge around the orbit. After I adjusted the pitch correctly and levelness side to side, it now does work on a manual plunge as it should.

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

I went the opposite of most and I loosened up the screw that holds the plunger rail ever so slightly

The ball guide?

#716 5 years ago

Here’s my take on the Spitfire mod. 1/92 scale die cast. Static props just didn’t look right so I used a clear washer to simulate a moving prop. Red leds tied to right lightning flasher. Cockpit to GI lights.
Going on a strafing run.

2281B7A1-EFEB-4262-924A-F533FBD61FCC (resized).jpeg2281B7A1-EFEB-4262-924A-F533FBD61FCC (resized).jpeg91DB65F9-48C9-4AA6-800A-A15E6F7A0A84 (resized).jpeg91DB65F9-48C9-4AA6-800A-A15E6F7A0A84 (resized).jpegDB0DAE82-ECCE-4740-9B31-DB57A6DA6A58 (resized).jpegDB0DAE82-ECCE-4740-9B31-DB57A6DA6A58 (resized).jpeg49034918-823E-4D34-9EBE-9473D5BE9CAF (resized).jpeg49034918-823E-4D34-9EBE-9473D5BE9CAF (resized).jpeg
#718 5 years ago

Thanks. I plan to add a spotlight somewhere to better illuminate it when the glass is on. The plane can get lost in the glare from the backbox.

Update- Just realized I could turn down the brightness of the back box illumination in the game settings. That helps!

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks. I plan to add a spotlight somewhere to better illuminate it when the glass is on. The plane can get lost in the glare from the backbox.

Nice! So did you just drill from the bottom to push a light through to the cockpit? And could you take a pic of how the wire is attached to the plane?

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Nice! So did you just drill from the bottom to push a light through to the cockpit? And could you take a pic of how the wire is attached to the plane?

Thank you. Essentially that's what I did, but I was able to separate the fuselage from the wings. The two sections are held together with a screw.
Then I drilled a hole into the bottom of cockpit area and another hole in the wing assembly that I could feed the LED and wires into the cockpit. Then I reattached the wings and fuselage.
For the wing LEDs, I used shrink tubing to create kind of like weapons pods. After some trial and error, I ended up using some automotive Goop to get a good bond of the tubing pods to the diecast metal wings. It should hold up to any rogue airballs, but I guess time will tell.

I'll try to get a better pic later today and update this post.

This is the plane I used: https://www.flyingmule.com/products/MP-PS5335-3
6F62ED8E-0FB3-43C4-B3C6-79C5250E6534 (resized).jpeg6F62ED8E-0FB3-43C4-B3C6-79C5250E6534 (resized).jpeg

Pic added

#721 5 years ago

I added a spotlight for my aftermarket Trooper Eddie in the upper left hand part of the playfield and planning tonight on adding one for the Piece of Mind Eddie above the bumpers. I had originally thought of tying the Trooper spotlight to the Trooper playfield insert for completion of the Trooper mode multiball. Unfortunately, the mode inserts are a board LED and not just a simple 2 alligator clip attachment. For now, I've just tied the spots to the GI LEDs to at least provide some illumination to the figures which otherwise appear a bit too dark. Has anyone else come up with any spotlight ideas in the game especially for aftermarket figures?

#722 5 years ago

here’s where I put my spot for piece of mind Eddie.

EEB41063-F080-4986-9C5B-47F34DEA275C (resized).jpegEEB41063-F080-4986-9C5B-47F34DEA275C (resized).jpegA4BD37AD-1FDC-4E9D-8319-A601CDE1C0C6 (resized).jpegA4BD37AD-1FDC-4E9D-8319-A601CDE1C0C6 (resized).jpeg
#723 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

here’s where I put my spot for piece of mind Eddie.[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you show a picture of the specific spot where the spotlight is attached? I'm curious to see how you fastened it and where.

#724 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

New product from Liorillusion, the Iron Maiden Apron cover. This will be available in April and exclusively distributed by Mezelmods. Here is the prototype without the hand painting.
[quoted image]

should make one to fit stargate as well.

#725 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Could you show a picture of the specific spot where the spotlight is attached? I'm curious to see how you fastened it and where.

Here you go...

FCE76FD5-2E61-4DCF-AEA7-E35F52E62953 (resized).jpegFCE76FD5-2E61-4DCF-AEA7-E35F52E62953 (resized).jpeg59CBD057-C5A1-445C-9FB1-52FDC2179A9D (resized).jpeg59CBD057-C5A1-445C-9FB1-52FDC2179A9D (resized).jpeg
#726 5 years ago

Replaced the plastics on the back panel.

20190312_203326 (resized).jpg20190312_203326 (resized).jpg20190312_203411 (resized).jpg20190312_203411 (resized).jpg
#727 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Here you go...[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you actually went under the plastic? I was planning on using that same location but using a short 7/8" post on top but I like the idea of going under the plastic if that works.

#728 5 years ago

Yes I did that to save some height because of the metal habitrail

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

here’s where I put my spot for piece of mind Eddie.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a ball trap for an airball since it can't freely roll out if it gets up there. I'd just get the free Pro ball trap kit from Stern and mount Eddie to that, like he is on the Prem/LE.

#730 5 years ago

Thanks, vireland. I saw your post about that kit earlier in the thread. I ordered one from Pinball Life, just had to wait until they got one from Stern. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

#731 5 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Thanks, vireland. I saw your post about that kit earlier in the thread. I ordered one from Pinball Life, just had to wait until they got one from Stern. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Pretty sure Stern gives them out free if you call tech support and are the first buyer. At least they used to...

#732 5 years ago

I got my game used so I just checked with Terry at PB Life

#733 5 years ago

Would a premium need the ball trap kit? I'm planning on doing the spotlight install this evening

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Replaced the plastics on the back panel.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the plastics?

#735 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Would a premium need the ball trap kit? I'm planning on doing the spotlight install this evening

The Premium and LE have it already since it's what Piece of Mind eddie is zip tied to.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Where did you get the plastics?

3d printed from Thingiverse:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2981620
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3358967

The wall pieces were cut in half so I had a place to mount the led board. Stern uses white leds so I covered with orange gel sheet to achieve the fire color for the torches.

I had to make the torch piece larger so I could drill it out to fit the 5mm light tube. I also use an razor blade to slice the top of the light tube vertically to give more of an flared appearance of the torch light. I did not want it to look like a light saber.

Anubis was printed and cut to fit.
Of course, everything was painted. Most of the effort there was mixing the colors. A color wheel is your friend. The walls were mounted using the screws and standoffs from the original plastics. Anubis was secured to the back panel with velcro (I like mods to be removable).

Hopefully, this inspires someone else to try it, and perhaps improve on it. I've been inspired by many a mod posted on Pinside over the years.

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The wall pieces were cut in half so I had a place to mount the led board. Stern uses white leds so I covered with orange gel sheet to achieve the fire color for the torches.
I had to make the torch piece larger so I could drill it out to fit the 5mm light tube. I also use an razor blade to slice the top of the light tube vertically to give more of an flared appearance of the torch light. I did not want it to look like a light saber.
Of course, everything was painted. Most of the effort there was mixing the colors. A color wheel is your friend. The walls were mounted using the screws and standoffs from the original plastics. Anubis was secured to the back panel with velcro (I like mods to be removable).
Hopefully, this inspires someone else to try it, and perhaps improve on it. I've been inspired by many a mod posted on Pinside over the years.

Holy crap man. You have way more skill and talent than I do. Now I am really impressed with how they turned out and look. They look good. I'll just live with my torch and Anubis add-ons.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Yeah...the paint job is what really makes these look good. Really like that ancient/weathered look!

1 week later
#740 5 years ago

Modded out Pro in our TPF booth: cannon, orb, plane, sarcophagus, pyramid, trough and backboard lights...playing (and looking great) nonstop.

15533660350502891676589700421410 (resized).jpg15533660350502891676589700421410 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_133042_486 (resized).jpgIMG_20190323_133042_486 (resized).jpg
#741 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Modded out Pro in our TPF booth: cannon, orb, plane, sarcophagus, pyramid, trough and backboard lights...playing (and looking great) nonstop.

(gulp)... you killed the colour palette?

#742 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's one ugly Maiden youve created

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

(gulp)... you killed the colour palette?

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's one ugly Maiden youve created

Thanks. Camera exaggerates and washes out the leds. It’s much more tame in person. People seem to love it here at TPF.

#744 5 years ago

I have seen it looks good heck with the negative comments

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks. Camera exaggerates and washes out the leds. It’s much more tame in person. People seem to love it here at TPF.

no , no it doesn't. We all know what games look like when people do this to them, and none of them look good. Especially when you have a game with detailed artwork and shading. you are ruining all of the artwork. Nobody should ever put colored lights in ANY GI socket. Horrible, horrible horrible.

#746 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no , no it doesn't. We all know what games look like when people do this to them, and none of them look good. Especially when you have a game with detailed artwork and shading. you are ruining all of the artwork. Nobody should ever put colored lights in ANY GI socket. Horrible, horrible horrible.

Nobody...ever? Even the factory? X-MEN, KISS, Metallica, Munsters use alternating colored GI to change the mood lighting of the game really effectively. It can be done well, though I am not a huge fan of the Iron Maiden Premium/LE red GI.

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nobody...ever? Even the factory? X-MEN, KISS, Metallica, Munsters use alternating colored GI to change the mood lighting of the game really effectively. It can be done well, though I am not a huge fan of the Iron Maiden Premium/LE red GI.

I love when the game goes red in fear of the dark!

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well “nobody ever” might be a tad extreme. But to me it makes the game harder to play (green lights between the flippers?) and is roughly equivilant to buying a beautiful painting and then spray painting over it with green blue and red spray paint.

But hey it’s your game so as long as you like it...

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I love when the game goes red in fear of the dark!

I *like* the idea, but I think it's too deep a shade of red and makes it hard to see in the mode when compared to other machines with GI light changes in modes. A lighter shade overall or 50/50 with dark and medium reds and it would be great.

#750 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *like* the idea, but I think it's too deep a shade of red and makes it hard to see in the mode when compared to other machines with GI light changes in modes. A lighter shade overall or 50/50 with dark and medium reds and it would be great.

I put warm whites under the yellow plastics and daylight whites under the slings etc. it looks great. Still much dimmer but no colour wash.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/15?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.