anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Some Iron Maiden Pinball users asked me for a custom rules card, you can check it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4820342
For my own entertainment I designed another pinball card, this is a "Free Play" card:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4835896
Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!
Regards

I absolutely appreciate anyone willing to put the time in to make these, so I’m hesitant to criticize anything. But since you asked, I feel like there’s a lot of words which kind of clutters the very good looking art.
Hope that helps.

Steve

#652 5 years ago

Thanks so much, bowz! :-)I think in that way too, because I don´t understand people´s downvotes in these cases! I respect the efforts from users with a lot of or few knowledges or skills!

I will print them in chrome vinyl for those users. It will become in a very interesting result. I will notice you when I have them printed.

Regars

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Some Iron Maiden Pinball users asked me for a custom rules card, you can check it here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4820342
For my own entertainment I designed another pinball card, this is a "Free Play" card:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4835896
Regards

Are you putting these out there for people to download for free? Nice job either way. The second maiden one with the band description needs the image rotated 90°

#654 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Regards

Those look great! Any plans on a premium themed set?

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks so much, bowz! :-)I think in that way too, because I don´t understand people´s downvotes in these cases! I respect the efforts from users with a lot of or few knowledges or skills!
I will print them in chrome vinyl for those users. It will become in a very interesting result. I will notice you when I have them printed.
Regars

How would a person get these? Seems like a lot of times the size can’t be corrected when attempting to print.

#656 5 years ago

Hi all

A mate was telling me of 'someone' overseas( I know I know, not much info to work with ) who makes custom side armour for games - including IMDN.
Anyone know who that might be? ( not the generic Stern Mummy Fist side armour that you can buy at a few places )

Appreciate any direction on this - thanks

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Hi all
A mate was telling me of 'someone' overseas( I know I know, not much info to work with ) who makes custom side armour for games - including IMDN.
Anyone know who that might be? ( not the generic Stern Mummy Fist side armour that you can buy at a few places )
Appreciate any direction on this - thanks

Is this what you are looking for
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/airbrush-body-kits-for-pinballs-star-warsghostbusters-and-more

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Are you putting these out there for people to download for free?

My work is a fan work. It is a pitty, but I can share them for avoid bussiness with my work.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The second maiden one with the band description needs the image rotated 90°

About imagen rotate in second card, well it is something related with me easthetic vision.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nice job either way.

Thanks for your comment!

Regards

1 week later
#660 5 years ago

LER Mods orb. Blue in color. Used. Works. Could use a little hot glue at the end , see pick. $10.00 shipped.

65A83988-D0C9-4F34-BB16-EF2BC208145A (resized).jpeg65A83988-D0C9-4F34-BB16-EF2BC208145A (resized).jpeg7A909834-72AC-435D-8136-325D10337E1B (resized).jpeg7A909834-72AC-435D-8136-325D10337E1B (resized).jpeg
#662 5 years ago

Thank you to Modfather for painting the maiden logo.

91FADD93-7D21-43F3-812A-4D7DE88E7B11 (resized).jpeg91FADD93-7D21-43F3-812A-4D7DE88E7B11 (resized).jpeg
#663 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

LER Mods orb. Blue in color. Used. Works. Could use a little hot glue at the end , see pick. $10.00 shipped.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Orb is spoken for.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry you didn't like the orb, we hadn't received Any feedback about it not being bright enough, but we take feedback seriously and always try to improve. We have changed the light source we use and it is now as bright or brighter than the smd light used in the game. We can also do more colors now, red, green, white, purple and red.
IMG_20190223_072307 (resized).jpgIMG_20190223_072307 (resized).jpg

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry you didn't like the orb, we hadn't received Any feedback about it not being bright enough, but we take feedback seriously and always try to improve. We have changed the light source we use and it is now as bright or brighter than the smd light used in the game. We can also do more colors now, red, green, white, purple and red.
[quoted image]

All good. You make great mods . I have a lot of your mods and appreciate your time and creativity making them. There were no complaints of the purchase price. Just went a different direction with this one. .i preferred to have no wire exposed and could have been a little brighter. I also ended up with a smaller size orb than the one I had. Only listed it dirt cheap so someone could use it. Basically free when you consider shipping.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

Yea... mine was not as bright as i would have expected. Can i get the bright one?

#667 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yea... mine was not as bright as i would have expected. Can i get the bright one?

For anyone who has our original orb Mod for the pro, I will gladly replace the light source for you, even if you bought it second hand. I would just ask that you cover shipping back to me and to ship it back out, that's about $6 round trip. Also, if you want a different color, no charge to do that either. Contact me through PM to make arrangements. I will turn the orb around within 1 day. I can guarantee you this will be very bright.

Quoted from MJW:

All good. You make great mods . I have a lot of your mods and appreciate your time and creativity making them. There were no complaints of the purchase price. Just went a different direction with this one. .i preferred to have no wire exposed and could have been a little brighter. I also ended up with a smaller size orb than the one I had. Only listed it dirt cheap so someone could use it. Basically free when you consider shipping.

Thanks, we really do appreciate the feedback.

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thank you to Modfather for painting the maiden logo.
[quoted image]

Who painted the rest?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Who painted the rest?

Metal apron powder coated with custom inserts by Steve At Pinball Refinery .

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For anyone who has our original orb Mod for the pro, I will gladly replace the light source for you, even if you bought it second hand. I would just ask that you cover shipping back to me and to ship it back out, that's about $6 round trip. Also, if you want a different color, no charge to do that either. Contact me through PM to make arrangements. I will turn the orb around within 1 day. I can guarantee you this will be very bright.

Thanks, we really do appreciate the feedback.

That’s some great customer support right there!!!!

#671 5 years ago

Here is purple in my game, brighter than the stock led and really stands out.

IMG_20190223_151332 (resized).jpgIMG_20190223_151332 (resized).jpg
#672 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here is purple in my game, brighter than the stock led and really stands out.

[quoted image]

What's the wavelength (nm) of that purple? Blues and purples are on the UV end of the spectrum and can damage retinas with continued exposure over time.

#673 5 years ago

Here is ours. Available next week. Same concept we used on Munsters.

50720AF6-BA63-4A70-A101-2773138CBCED (resized).jpeg50720AF6-BA63-4A70-A101-2773138CBCED (resized).jpeg6CB5E7FA-C8ED-4064-B8BD-458E3BD445EE (resized).jpeg6CB5E7FA-C8ED-4064-B8BD-458E3BD445EE (resized).jpeg80F43BEE-21A5-45A1-A037-093EFB88817C (resized).jpeg80F43BEE-21A5-45A1-A037-093EFB88817C (resized).jpegA76206EF-5BCB-417E-AEAA-D6AA80AEC895 (resized).jpegA76206EF-5BCB-417E-AEAA-D6AA80AEC895 (resized).jpegE1FB0375-5202-485C-946A-75A1F1FEF957 (resized).jpegE1FB0375-5202-485C-946A-75A1F1FEF957 (resized).jpeg
#674 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the wavelength (nm) of that purple? Blues and purples are on the UV end of the spectrum and can damage retinas with continued exposure over time.

I think you need a lot of exposure to colors to have any impact. As nice as the orb mod is, I don’t expect anyone to stare at it for hours, it’s also diffused, reducing any impact further. If anyone is truly concerned about the effects of led colors, I’ll dig up the wavelength as I’ve got it somewhere, at least for the purple we use as that is a custom made color for us.

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think you need a lot of exposure to colors to have any impact. As nice as the orb mod is, I don’t expect anyone to stare at it for hours, it’s also diffused, reducing any impact further. If anyone is truly concerned about the effects of led colors, I’ll dig up the wavelength as I’ve got it somewhere, at least for the purple we use as that is a custom made color for us.

You don't have to stare directly at it. It only has to be in your field of vision. Publishing the wavelength is a responsible move and would help people make informed decisions about adding to their natural UV exposure or choosing a different color to avoid the issue entirely.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't have to stare directly at it. It only has to be in your field of vision. Publishing the wavelength is a responsible move and would help people make informed decisions about adding to their natural UV exposure or choosing a different color to avoid the issue entirely.

450nm

#677 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is UV the same as black light?

#678 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Is UV the same as black light?

UV is a range spanning about 200nm on the light spectrum, black light is on the visible light side of the UV range. 450nm is right at the upper edge of black light.

#679 5 years ago

Thanks for publishing it. For this application, it's not nearly as large a consideration or potential exposure as on the pinstadiums that I suspect are in the same range for the "UV" part of them, but they don't publish the actual wavelength specs for their product, which is not cool.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The mod we are making uses the existing Stern Pinball light.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

People can make their own choices, and most colors are great. I only get concerned when I see the deep blues and purples because they've become more prevalent and I don't think most people know the long-term exposure risks, especially to young eyes. That's why when I see "UV" kits or blues and purples I encourage publication of the wavelength of the lights on that mod so people can make an informed decision. Lermods is the first one I've seen that actually published that information for their purple LED mod and they should be commended for it.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People can make their own choices, and most colors are great. I only get concerned when I see the deep blues and purples because they've become more prevalent and I don't think most people know the long-term exposure risks, especially to young eyes. That's why when I see "UV" kits or blues and purples I encourage publication of the wavelength of the lights on that mod so people can make an informed decision. Lermods is the first one I've seen that actually published that information for their purple LED mod and they should be commended for it.

What wavelength is dangerous for us owning pinball machines? Please advise.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What wavelength is dangerous for us owning pinball machines? Please advise.

Generally speaking, the closer you get to the UV wavelength range of 200-400nm, the worse exposure over time is for your eyes (and your DNA/skin). It's the same reason they put warnings on black lights about exposure because they can cause eye damage and/or DNA mutation/premature skin aging.

That said, in a pinball with spot usage that's not always on, it would be less cut and dry of a case than an always-on or mostly-always on situation. But more information about the specs of the light wavelength in given products with blue and purple lighting is always better so people can weigh the risks and make an informed choice.

Here's a wavelength chart I grabbed off the internet to help visualize the light wavelengths on the spectrum:

light-wavelength-frequency (resized).pnglight-wavelength-frequency (resized).png
#684 5 years ago

Would love that someone find a way to add on the PRO Model the "Newton ball/Captive Ball" on the left , the design of the machine and the shot feels like it needs it...

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Would love that someone find a way to add on the PRO Model the "Newton ball/Captive ball" on the left , the design of the machine and the shot feels like it needs it...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#686 5 years ago

Bunch a bull if ya ask me.

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Bunch a bull if ya ask me.

? The UV thing?

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Would love that someone find a way to add on the PRO Model the "Newton ball/Captive Ball" on the left , the design of the machine and the shot feels like it needs it...

Would be great if mezel could work one that as they did with the X-men newton ball, which was a fantastic change from the stock setup.

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

So I’d venture to say that on the premium/le, you’ll capture the stock rgb effects in your orb, but on the pro, it will remain white. So that’s a good difference compared to ours which adds a color choice for the pro instead of just the white stock led.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Would be great if mezel could work one that as they did with the X-men newton ball, which was a fantastic change from the stock setup.

Yeap is very similar to that..

#691 5 years ago

The only way DEEP purple light could possibly damage your eyes if it was the only light source ( in a pitch black room ) staring at it for long periods of time. Hence a black light fluorescent bulb in a pitch black room smokin weed staring at Jimi Hendrix posters all night long. Once the introduction of all other visable light forms ( the longer wavelengths of light ) , It washes out the shorter ,tighter wavelengths , thus making it safe for all of us. To say that a small UV led light could possibly damage your eyes within the vast array of a thousand other full spectrum lights is ridiculous personally. So lighten up and enjoy the UV love.

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

The only way DEEP purple light could possibly damage your eyes if it was the only light source ( in a pitch black room ) staring at it for long periods of time. Hence a black light fluorescent bulb in a pitch black room smokin weed staring at Jimi Hendrix posters all night long. Once the introduction of all other visable light forms ( the longer wavelengths of light ) , It washes out the shorter ,tighter wavelengths , thus making it safe for all of us. To say that a small UV led light could possibly damage your eyes within the vast array of a thousand other full spectrum lights is ridiculous personally. So lighten up and enjoy the UV love.

Not strictly true. I'm not being alarmist, but people need to know there ARE risks to light in that area of the spectrum and make informed decisions. There are many studies going on regarding light towards the UV end of the spectrum (especially on blue LED since it's become pervasive in consumer electronics) and studies as recent as last year have shown as little as 8 lux of blue light has a negative effect. 8 lux is so dim you can barely tell it's on.

#693 5 years ago

Quick question.....I got the replacement coil in. But...is everyone just soldering in place essentially or are they tracing the wires and cutting all the zip ties to disconnect the coil wires completely and do the soldering on a table?

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Quick question.....I got the replacement coil in. But...is everyone just soldering in place essentially or are they tracing the wires and cutting all the zip ties to disconnect the coil wires completely and do the soldering on a table?

I just unsoldered the wires from the old coil then soldered it onto the same lug on the new coil (one at a time so as not to mix them up), then mounted the new coil. Be sure to clip off the diode if your replacement coil has one running across the lugs.

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Hence a black light fluorescent bulb in a pitch black room smokin weed staring at Jimi Hendrix posters all night long.

Ok ok hands up, who hasn't done that .lol

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just unsoldered the wires from the old coil then soldered it onto the same lug on the new coil (one at a time so as not to mix them up), then mounted the new coil. Be sure to clip off the diode if your replacement coil has one running across the lugs.

Right...but I'm saying, are you leaving the power wires to the coil still attached under the PF or removing the wires so you can do the soldering away from the PF?

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Right...but I'm saying, are you leaving the power wires to the coil still attached under the PF or removing the wires so you can do the soldering away from the PF?

On location, so I do it on the machine. I don't disconnect from the harness.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On location, so I do it on the machine. I don't disconnect from the harness.

Thanks! I got it all switched over to the new coil now and...so far so good!

#699 5 years ago

I have the new coil(not installed yet). Do I need to make any initial adjustments to the auto-plunge power or is it a wait and see thing?

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I have the new coil(not installed yet). Do I need to make any initial adjustments to the auto-plunge power or is it a wait and see thing?

I’m using 205 on power settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/14?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.