anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG

There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.
#603 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I’m happy to be a pro “tester”

It should fit fine. Does the pro just have a white led facing down now? If so that’s what will shine up not the multicolor of the premium/LE but will still look better than the flat plastic.

#604 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

It should fit fine. Does the pro just have a white led facing down now? If so that’s what will shine up not the multicolor of the premium/LE but will still look better than the flat plastic.

I feel like it changes but maybe not

#605 5 years ago

Thinking of doing an Illusion Cherry powder coat for my pro. Any thoughts?

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6905/illusion-cherry

#606 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Thinking of doing an Illusion Cherry powder coat for my pro. Any thoughts?
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-6905/illusion-cherry

Here you go, that's what I used on my game, looks great.

Edit: sorry, I incorrectly posted my Deadpool and should have posted maiden. For maiden, i used illusion orange I believe.

IMG_20181002_193243 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_193243 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_193302 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_193302 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_105710 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_110106 (resized).jpg

#607 5 years ago

^^^ Killer !! ^^ Needs a shooter thou..

#608 5 years ago

Hey guys I am going to order the figures , where do I find this clear plastic that piece of mind Eddie is mounted to? I don’t seem to have it in my Pro .

C59A243C-023B-4D1E-99AF-C28146A93A16 (resized).jpegC59A243C-023B-4D1E-99AF-C28146A93A16 (resized).jpeg
#609 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Hey guys I am going to order the figures , where do I find this clear plastic that piece of mind Eddie is mounted to? I don’t seem to have it in my Pro .
[quoted image]

It's part of a kit Stern will send you to stop a ball trap by that pop bumper. Just ask for the ball trap kit for the upper left bumper.

#610 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's part of a kit Stern will send you to stop a ball trap by that pop bumper. Just ask for the ball trap kit for the upper left bumper.

Awesome thanks so just email support ? Will do !

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Awesome thanks so just email support ? Will do !

I usually call (1-800-KICKERS), but email probably works too.

#613 5 years ago

Does anyone have a high resolution picture of the Pro and/or LE translite they could send to me? I'm trying to make a custom beach towel to cover my Premium playfield when not in use but can't find a picture online with high enough resolution for like Snapfish or Collage.com for the size. I had previously just taken pictures of Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper with my camera to get a higher resolution to make beach towel covers for these as well which worked nicely.

#614 5 years ago

Ok...got my "fire" obelisk mod done.

As a refresher...on the pro, the flasher doesn't go off very often, so the obelisk is dark most of the time so you can't see the design in the front of the obelisk. Unlike the premium/LE, which has the rgb light being on more often.

Originally I was just going to put a 3 smd warm white LED strip, which would have been real easy. But...wanted something a bit different so I got a fire LED bulb from comet.

I removed the yellow flasher cover, and attached the lamp holder but used some nylon spacers so the light was at the bottom of the obelisk.

20190130_204518 (resized).jpg20190130_204518 (resized).jpg

20190130_204509 (resized).jpg20190130_204509 (resized).jpg

Now....there is a flickering light that is always on, so its easy to see the obelisk design, plus...the flasher will still go off and highlight the obelisk when you hit the super jackpot.

#615 5 years ago

Another subtle mod for my PRO.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#616 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Another subtle mod for my PRO. [quoted image]

Looks great, where did you get that awesome mod?

1 week later
#617 5 years ago

Iron Maiden orbs in stock. Shown in blue, but can do it in green, red, white, amber and purple too. Replaces existing flasher, interactive with the game. Pro version shown in video.

Premium and le is rgb and not interactive, existing color changing flasher remains active.

https://lermods.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-mods

#618 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Iron Maiden orbs in stock. Shown in blue, but can do it in green, red, white, amber and purple too. Replaces existing flasher, interactive with the game. Pro version shown in video.
Premium and le is rgb and not interactive, existing color changing flasher remains active.
https://lermods.com/t/iron-maiden-pinball-mods

$46 usd?

Shopping list (for mine)
-alligator clips
-wire
-purple led
-monkey fist (solid plastic balls x4) (craft store)
*these come in clear, white or frosted. I chose frosted and it looks very sharpe)

I spent less than $10 cdn and could still make 3 more lol.

#619 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

$46 usd?
Shopping list (for mine)
-alligator clips
-wire
-purple led
-monkey fist (solid plastic balls x4) (craft store)
*these come in clear, white or frosted. I chose frosted and it looks very sharpe)
I spent less than $10 cdn and could still make 3 more lol.

You made it interactive with the orb flasher using alligator clips?

Why not sell the three you have for 10CDN.

#620 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You made it interactive with the orb flasher using alligator clips?
Why not sell the three you have for 10CDN.

With some fijiggering but yeah. I actually ended up removing it as it seemed out of place on my pro. Everything else is 2d so my OCD went nuts lol.
I think it's a must have for premium though.
I'm not looking to make and sell them. But yeah, the perfect orbs are called monkey fist cores at hobby craft shops. I bought mine at Michael's if you have them in the States.

#621 5 years ago

$25 usd plus shipping would have been my expectation to order one premade based on previous mods I have ordered.
It's basically the vengeance explosion mod on star trek minus any custom 3d printing

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

$25 usd plus shipping would have been my expectation to order one premade based on previous mods I have ordered.
It's basically the vengeance explosion mod on star trek minus any custom 3d printing

Time is money. I learned that the hard way by initially massively under-pricing the lens brackets I made. Once I had to make a bunch I realized I was way under-priced. Lermods has been doing this a long time so I assume that they, like Mezel, have a pretty good handle on the correct market price right off the bat, where morons like me have to stumble around and figure it out one at a time.

If this is too high, the market will shrug and the price will change or it will disappear. The correct price is whatever people will pay. You don't need to have everyone in the party bus, just enough to make it profitable.

#623 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Time is money. I learned that the hard way by initially massively under-pricing the lens brackets I made. Once I had to make a bunch I realized I was way under-priced. Lermods has been doing this a long time so I assume that he, like Mezel, have a pretty good handle on the correct market price right off the bat, where morons like me have to stumble around and figure it out one at a time.
If this is too high, the market will shrug and the price will change or it will disappear. The correct price is whatever people will pay. You don't need to have everyone in the party bus, just enough to make it profitable.

Just like doing home improvements, fixing your car, etc., it’s always cheaper when you do it yourself. But when you can’t do it yourself or just don’t have the time, you turn to others for help. That help costs money. We do try make a nice product, price reasonably and not gouge. There is more to it than just the cost of the supplies to make the mod. There are other costs as well to consider like incone taxes, website, shipping (we ship free), PayPal or credit card fees, packaging, etc. We also need to buy the machine in most cases to ensure proper fit and function. Suddenly, that $46 doesn’t look so high.

#624 5 years ago

Many pinballers appreciate the efforts of all mod makers and happily pay .

Looking forward to my delivery PinMonk. More orders a little way down the track too

#625 5 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Many pinballers appreciate the efforts of all mod makers and happily pay .
Looking forward to my delivery PinMonk. More orders a little way down the track too

Heh! I wasn't bucking for an endorsement, but thanks!

I was more or less backing up the fact that until you've done some of these and get a bigger picture of all that's involved in getting them into people's hands it's very easy to under-estimate costs. I'd trust that Lermods has the right pricing out of the gate on a new item. Experience counts.

#626 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Time is money. I learned that the hard way by initially massively under-pricing the lens brackets I made. Once I had to make a bunch I realized I was way under-priced. Lermods has been doing this a long time so I assume that they, like Mezel, have a pretty good handle on the correct market price right off the bat, where morons like me have to stumble around and figure it out one at a time.

I had to learn the hard way also!!!

#627 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just like doing home improvements, fixing your car, etc., it’s always cheaper when you do it yourself. But when you can’t do it yourself or just don’t have the time, you turn to others for help. That help costs money. We do try make a nice product, price reasonably and not gouge. There is more to it than just the cost of the supplies to make the mod. There are other costs as well to consider like incone taxes, website, shipping (we ship free), PayPal or credit card fees, packaging, etc. We also need to buy the machine in most cases to ensure proper fit and function. Suddenly, that $46 doesn’t look so high.

I understand all of this and I'm sorry to hear pinmonk under priced his lenses as the are great custom pieces.
Time is money and all that jazz but this mod was soooo easy and cheap or I wouldnt have opened my mouth.
Drill a hole in the orb, insert led of your choice, minimal basic soldering required.
Loving and have been heavy promoting the maiden tree vic

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I understand all of this and I'm sorry to hear pinmonk under priced his lenses as the are great custom pieces.
Time is money and all that jazz but this mod was soooo easy and cheap or I wouldnt have opened my mouth.
Drill a hole in the orb, insert led of your choice, minimal basic soldering required.

Appreciated, but I wasn't busking for boo hoos, either.

I was just using the example of when I started selling the lens trees and brackets where I vastly under-priced them once I realized everything that was involved. I figured it out, so no tears here. The overall support and demand for something I didn't even intend to get into has been pretty great. Plus, I can be a snob now and sniff when I see an un-Monk'd Iron Maiden machine in video, "Pfft. It looks so...WRONG."

#629 5 years ago

I'm all Monk'd up as of Friday! Added the stretch gaskets to MET & ACDC too! I'll do the FUEL gauge when I install Pinstadium Fusion for MET.

What's the best looking fighter plane mod and where can I get it?(Interactive?) I have a Premium.

Also, any thoughts on the Stern toppers? I see Pinball Life has the Aces High, so I'm tempted to go pick it up.

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

What's the best looking fighter plane mod and where can I get it?(Interactive?) I have a Premium.

Can't speak for anyone else's plane, but ours is interactive with the flashers.

https://lermods.com/products/iron-maiden-pro-pinball-illuminated-plane-mod

#631 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I'm all Monk'd up as of Friday! Added the stretch gaskets to MET & ACDC too! I'll do the FUEL gauge when I install Pinstadium Fusion for MET.
Also, any thoughts on the Stern toppers? I see Pinball Life has the Aces High, so I'm tempted to go pick it up.

There’s also a plane avail in Pinside shop where propeller Also moves. Pricey but very professionally made mod. I like mine a lot.

#632 5 years ago

The plane with the propeller mod is amazing! Always wanted a spinning prop in one of my machines. The guy painted the tips yellow so it's really noticeable when they spin.

Best mod in my IM.Also has flashing machine guns!

#633 5 years ago

P.s. there's another orb mod which uses the existing Premium flasher. Just to bring it to people's attention.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

P.s. there's another orb mod which uses the existing Premium flasher. Just to bring it to people's attention.

Or the pro

#635 5 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

What's the best looking fighter plane mod and where can I get it?(Interactive?)

Mine but I only made one. Prop spins , cockpit light goes on and spotlight shine on plane

49E75F82-BE65-4F2B-82DD-1662571665C1 (resized).jpeg49E75F82-BE65-4F2B-82DD-1662571665C1 (resized).jpegF3EB1697-FC45-4E5F-9801-3EAF305A9A03 (resized).jpegF3EB1697-FC45-4E5F-9801-3EAF305A9A03 (resized).jpeg
#636 5 years ago

I made a plane mod with the prop that spins but the motor got too hot and overheated and started to melt the plastic so I disconnected it. I did the same and painted extra yellow on the prop and it looked great, but ultimately no one got to see it but me.
Still looks good though.(the pic is when the prop still spun)

8441E7EC-6389-4053-88C6-CA3FA602ADEE (resized).jpeg8441E7EC-6389-4053-88C6-CA3FA602ADEE (resized).jpeg
#637 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ahhhh, if it was only as easy as 'drilling a hole in an orb, inserting an led, minimal basic soldering'. Someone such as yourself with a knack for DIY has the time and skills to make this product. Others do not.
And it's the rest of the elements required to bring even the most simple product to market that cost time and money. None of us are getting rich doing it either, unfortunately. More power to those taking the time to design and sell these products, and power the DIY person who can make it themselves! There is plenty of room for both in the hobby.

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I made a plane mod with the prop that spins but the motor got too hot and overheated and started to melt the plastic so I disconnected it. I did the same and painted extra yellow on the prop and it looked great, but ultimately no one got to see it but me.
[quoted image]

Motors and spike games don't go well together. Lack of fuses are an issue. We have a motor on our Disco ball mod and have a way to protect. failures can still occur. Not to scare anyone off, but be careful with spike games because you'll be replacing a $200 node board instead of a $1 fuse. We have done a lot of testing on these mods and know what works and what doesn't.

I've seen the prop plane, but don't know how it's hooked up and what protection is used.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

[quoted image]

That’s because you did not put a resistor between the 5 volts. You should only be running those motors at around 3v or less

Mines been great for 6 months

#640 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That’s because you did not put a resistor between the 5 volts. You should only be running those motors at around 3v or less
Mines been great for 6 months

Maybe I’ll rework it if I get motivated enough
Thx

#641 5 years ago

Here’s mine with a resistor in line

#642 5 years ago

Any other pro owners besides myself wish the orb/power jackpot target was a newton ball like on the premium?

Wonder if it would be possible to mod up a pro for a newton ball, though at a glance it would seem like you would have to drill a hole in the playfield, which really isn't ideal.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Any other pro owners besides myself wish the orb/power jackpot target was a newton ball like on the premium?
Wonder if it would be possible to mod up a pro for a newton ball, though at a glance it would seem like you would have to drill a hole in the playfield, which really isn't ideal.

I actually prefer the target. It’s harder to hit and makes it more challenging.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I actually prefer the target. It’s harder to hit and makes it more challenging.

I don't wish for a newton ball.....and I hit the orb target all the time when trying to make the left ramp so I don't find it a hard target at all. Most of the time I hit it way too often. I.e., I would rather build up mystery levels or wait for a higher power jackpot but I'm always hitting it...

#645 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

No way. It's the main complaint/issue with the premium. I prefer the target as it is directional and tucked away enough where I usually only hit it when I mean to.
I'm not opposed to newton mods. The Wolverine one is a must but not necessary in Maiden.

#646 5 years ago

Heh, I guess its just me. I guess my thinking is I may be able to regain control a little easier off a newton ball shot which kinda deadens your shot a bit. That target is so close, sometimes the ball comes off it pretty quickly and wildly. Almost reminds me of shooting the center targets in Dracula in a way, they can be risky to shoot on purpose.

I haven't had a chance to play a premium to compare the difference between both shots and how it changes gameplay, if at all.

#647 5 years ago

I’d be willing to bet you could drill out the rivot on the target and attach a ball that has been drilled and tapped. I’d put Mylar under the ball tho. The ball is easier to hit and for my experience is more forgiving.

#648 5 years ago

I went the Lermods plane. Why? I was at Expo, Mrs. L was super cool and personable. I was not getting the feeling that I was just another $$ to her. Personality is a plus. Too many people in this day and age can't cut it in real life in communication, as they spend all of their time behind a phone of computer.

The plane I bought has underbody lighting in red, with goes well with the Pro version as well as my custom painted powder coat. Mountable in several spots, it looks great!

My IM pro has Lermods uptop, with Pin-monk lighting trees underside. The difference is amazing vs stock.
Only playfield mods I need. The difference is amazing vs stock.

Top notch products and sellers.

#649 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I was thinking about changing it into a Tommy silverball target.
Best of both worlds - it's still a target but as it's half a pinball it's easier but doesn't take up much more space.

#650 5 years ago

Some Iron Maiden Pinball users asked me for a custom rules card, you can check it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4820342

For my own entertainment I designed another pinball card, this is a "Free Play" card:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/7#post-4835896

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

Regards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/13?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.