anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.
#501 5 years ago

Looks good
Where did you get the plastic protectors ? And is there one for the skill shot plastic I’m already getting hits and wear

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Merry Christmas pinheads I just got topper from Dan tilttopper looks awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Color me jelly, I wanted to get one but it looks like he isn't making any more.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Color me jelly, I wanted to get one but it looks like he isn't making any more.

Pm him, he is doing another run in January, I got in.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Pm him, he is doing another run in January, I got in.

I did before after they were first all sold and he told me I was on the list for a possible rerun. I'll bump him again, thanks.

#505 5 years ago

I wanted to highlight the drop target bank a bit since it's kind of invisible with black targets at a sharp angle away from the player on this game so I installed some of these nifty transulcent drop targets and added some LED lighting behind them.
08f1c0d766f8df0aef1fb4a1fc2ef5c123327ce3 (resized).jpg08f1c0d766f8df0aef1fb4a1fc2ef5c123327ce3 (resized).jpg
42579520e7ae8d1cf0b5d131f686e46a960fe20c (resized).jpg42579520e7ae8d1cf0b5d131f686e46a960fe20c (resized).jpg

They really pop now!

Details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translucent-drop-targets-from-pinball-mods-vid-s-review#post-4758185

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I wanted to highlight the drop target bank a bit since it's kind of invisible with black targets at a sharp angle away from the player on this game so I installed some of these nifty transulcent drop targets and added some LED lighting behind them.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
They really pop now!
Details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/translucent-drop-targets-from-pinball-mods-vid-s-review#post-4758185

Meh. Highlighting them is one thing, but that looks wildly bright/distracting in the photo. Hopefully it isn't as bad in person.

Whatever floats your boat...I have no problem seeing the drop targets whatsoever.

snaroff

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh. Highlighting them is one thing, but that looks wildly bright/distracting in the photo. Hopefully it isn't as bad in person.
Whatever floats your boat...I have no problem seeing the drop targets whatsoever.
snaroff

The photo makes them brighter than they seem in person, however the white LEDs I have behind them are a bit brighter than I'd like. I'll probably switch them out for something dimmer and possibly coloured in the future.

#508 5 years ago

Yeah those are cool but seem way too bright and white. Maybe a yellow or red led would look good. I like the idea though

#509 5 years ago

It would be really sweet if those were lit with Green/Purple/Yellow LEDs, to match which mode is active on the bank..

#510 5 years ago

Does anyone know of a full set of plastic protectors for the premium/ LE? I really like the yellow stuff I’ve seen but no one has the protectors for the plastic over the stand up skill shot plastic.

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
They really pop now!

If you're going that way, I'd dial the LEDs back to warm white and print the Eddie art from the original targets on projector transparency and make 3 translucent decals from that so you keep everything essentially the same, except backlit lit. If you want to really go crazy, have one LED for each target and have them turn off when the drop target falls.

OR color match the inserts with a different LED on each target so one target shines green, one purple, and one yellow so the drops are a continuation of the lights in front of them. Still put a translucent sticker on them, though. They look naked without them.
eddie targets (resized).jpgeddie targets (resized).jpg

#512 5 years ago

Are the original target decals available, I think lit up with the proper colors and the decals they would look great

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Are the original target decals available, I think lit up with the proper colors and the decals they would look great

They're on a thicker vinyl, so they won't transmit much if any light. And, knowing Stern, you'd have to buy a whole set of decals for the whole machine just to get those 3. You're better off scanning yours and making your own that are translucent.

#514 5 years ago

I even think if the decals aren’t translucent the rest of the target will still light up nicely
I’m ordering a set to try it

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I even think if the decals aren’t translucent the rest of the target will still light up nicely
I’m ordering a set to try it

Yeah the target around the decal would still glow nicely, especially as they are viewed from the side angle anyway. I’m pretty sure the goody bag has extra drop target decals in it but if not easy enough to transfer the existing ones if you warm them up with a heat gun. I may try that.

#516 5 years ago

I didn’t even look in the goody bag, nice idea

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah the target around the decal would still glow nicely, especially as they are viewed from the side angle anyway. I’m pretty sure the goody bag has extra drop target decals in it but if not easy enough to transfer the existing ones if you warm them up with a heat gun. I may try that.

I've always had better luck with freezing them off instead as it retains the adhesive really nicely. Once they warm back up, they are ready to stick again.

#518 5 years ago

I’ve bought a pretty good amount of mods for me machine, but does anyone have or make speaker light kits for the LE?

Thanks

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

I’ve bought a pretty good amount of mods for me machine, but does anyone have or make speaker light kits for the LE?
Thanks

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-LE.html

#520 5 years ago

Thanks!

I don’t remember it being nearly as complicated than this looks when I put them in on my Metallica, but I’m guessing it’s the Spike system.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

Thanks!
I don’t remember it being nearly as complicated than this looks when I put them in on my Metallica, but I’m guessing it’s the Spike system.

Nothing more complicated on installing my Speaker Light Kits on an Iron Maiden LE over a Pro or Premium, just an extra step. There are spacers and a gasket between the back of the factory speaker plates and the speakers on the LE to allow tweeter room on the larger LE speakers. With my Speaker Light Kits installed the game doesn't need that extra space (as the light frame adds the 1/2" of room needed for the upgraded speakers extended tweeters).

So it's just as simple as taking out those factory spacers and gaskets that are no longer needed (removing 8 nuts, lifting up the speakers, removing the spacers and gasket, putting the speaker back down and then putting the nuts back on). So if you have the tooling and know how to remove a nut and put it back on....you can do it. The only thing that looks complicated is the technical drawing that Stern has in their manual to show where the described spacers are.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#522 5 years ago

Since I’m out of the club now I have a few mods that I had previously installed but now removed.

NEW blue Ulek slingshot plastics set
McFarlaine Trooper Eddie set
NECA Piece of Mind Eddie set

PM me if interested.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Nothing more complicated on installing my Speaker Light Kits on an Iron Maiden LE over a Pro or Premium, just an extra step. There are spacers and a gasket between the back of the factory speaker plates and the speakers on the LE to allow tweeter room on the larger LE speakers. With my Speaker Light Kits installed the game doesn't need that extra space (as the light frame adds the 1/2" of room needed for the upgraded speakers extended tweeters).
So it's just as simple as taking out those factory spacers and gaskets that are no longer needed (removing 8 nuts, lifting up the speakers, removing the spacers and gasket, putting the speaker back down and then putting the nuts back on). So if you have the tooling and know how to remove a nut and put it back on....you can do it. The only thing that looks complicated is the technical drawing that Stern has in their manual to show where the described spacers are.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks Doug-I’ll be buying it sooner than later.

#524 5 years ago

Ok so I got my drop targets but didn’t look under the playfield first. It is a board as opposed to individual leds. Does anyone know how to tie into the game to get the correct leds on the correct targets. I know I can have then colored correctly and lit all the time but I’d prefer on and off with the game if possible.
Any help is appreciated. I am not a wiring schematic guy so I can’t look at the manual and remotely figure it out.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Ok so I got my drop targets but didn’t look under the playfield first. It is a board as opposed to individual leds. Does anyone know how to tie into the game to get the correct leds on the correct targets. I know I can have then colored correctly and lit all the time but I’d prefer on and off with the game if possible.
Any help is appreciated. I am not a wiring schematic guy so I can’t look at the manual and remotely figure it out.

Are you tying the insert LEDs to LEDs behind each target?

#526 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

You’ll have to tap into the connectors to the node/light board. I havent looked at my game, but they are likely running into a single connector that has a power wire and one signal wire for each insert light. Not like pre-spike games

#527 5 years ago

Yes I’d like to add correct leds to light the corresponding targets but have no idea how to go about adding the leds. I don’t want to blow up the game trying to figure it out. I’m sure it’s a matter of adding a type of male/ female adaptor and wiring the correct color leds but I’m at a loss as to how.

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Yes I’d like to add correct leds to light the corresponding targets but have no idea how to go about adding the leds. I don’t want to blow up the game trying to figure it out. I’m sure it’s a matter of adding a type of male/ female adaptor and wiring the correct color leds but I’m at a loss as to how.

I would say you are better off leaving that investigation to someone else, then. Spike is especially touchy and you could blow up node boards if you're not careful while trying to figure it out.

But yes, you would likely just tap the same leads going to each while LED on the inserts and have that lead also go to your corresponding drop target LED. I doubt the extra load of 3 more LEDs would be too much for that circuit, but that's another consideration to check out.

#529 5 years ago

Just a preview of something else I'm working on for Iron Maiden. I want to start by getting that diorama on the left into 3D. Anubis was the hard part, so now I just have to do the columns on the left and right of him and figure out coloring/lighting. It's an encouraging start, though.

initial_test_small (resized).jpginitial_test_small (resized).jpg
#530 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just a preview of something else I'm working on for Iron Maiden. I want to start by getting that diorama on the left into 3D. Anubis was the hard part, so now I just have to do the columns on the left and right of him and figure out coloring/lighting. It's an encouraging start, though.
[quoted image]

That looks sweet!!

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Very nice!

Will you be doing something with the torches? I know that other missing options are out there for these.

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Very nice!
Will you be doing something with the torches? I know that other missing options are out there for these.

I haven't tried it yet, but I want to see how bowls (sconces) work on the columns once I get that part made. Bowls with clear "flames" lit from below with the LED boards could look very cool. If not, I can do torches, I just think they're not very cool-looking.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Looks good, will it work on the premium?

#534 5 years ago

Will a molded Anubis work on a premium? I know it moves up and down as a gate

#535 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Looks good, will it work on the premium?

Depends on how I mount it. I'll need to test it on a Premium, but that's the goal, having it work on all of them.

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on how I mount it. I'll need to test it on a Premium, but that's the goal, having it work on all of them.

If you pull that off, go ahead and sign me up for one. The one in your picture looks great.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If you pull that off, go ahead and sign me up for one. The one in your picture looks great.

With the right color plastic and lighting accent it will look even better.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

W/ the roll you’ve been on lately, I’ll be eagerly awaiting what you come up with! Looks like a good start!

#539 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

More than encouraging, that looks amazing!

#540 5 years ago

If that goes up and down, I'm in as well.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With the right color plastic and lighting accent it will look even better.

Well, I’ve already bought every other Pinmonk mod for Iron Maiden-mind as well keep the streak going...

#542 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Damn that looks awesome. Did you have to do the STL from scratch or start with something else? I am out of my depth trying to model stuff

#543 5 years ago

I'm not much of a mod guy, but the aftermarket orb dome thingie was a little too large for my taste. On the pro, its really hard to see the orb dome lit up when it is flashing from underneath, since there is no newton ball for it to reflect the light. Solution for me, steal the blue dome from the right side of the playfield, bore out the appropriate size hole on the plastic, and flip the dome to the top, just like the dome to the left in the pic. You can do this yourself if you are brave enough to modify the plastic. Just make sure you protect the LED board from underneath since it will be exposed. Meaning you don't want the ball to be able to hit the LED board. I used another clear plastic underneath, but you can use just about anything.

IMG_20190107_212746 (resized).jpgIMG_20190107_212746 (resized).jpg
#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn that looks awesome. Did you have to do the STL from scratch or start with something else? I am out of my depth trying to model stuff

That was from scratch. It's not exactly like the one on the plastic though. It has elements from a lot of different Anubis drawings, but the impression is similar enough that it works.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That was from scratch. It's not exactly like the one on the plastic though. It has elements from a lot of different Anubis drawings, but the impression is similar enough that it works.

It's pretty cool in that color, like a stone statue or monument. But the ancient Egyptians did paint everything. Maybe two options?

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It's pretty cool in that color, like a stone statue or monument. But the ancient Egyptians did paint everything. Maybe two options?

It is a statue/monument, but it's supposed to be part of the limestone pyramid, so I would expect it to be a light yellow/brownish color. Once I get the columns and walls adjacent to it modeled, I'll work on coloring/material.

#547 5 years ago

I have 2 Eddie figures, Piece of Mind and Killers. I thought I was going to buy this game but have changed my mind if anybody want to buy them. Both are mint, NIB, $65 for both including shipping in the US only. Thanks. A1D47152-7370-4A4B-925F-336C400F7B77 (resized).jpegA1D47152-7370-4A4B-925F-336C400F7B77 (resized).jpeg42AA65FF-0AE4-4CBD-8099-CFA0A59DC5AC (resized).jpeg42AA65FF-0AE4-4CBD-8099-CFA0A59DC5AC (resized).jpeg

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is a statue/monument, but it's supposed to be part of the limestone pyramid, so I would expect it to be a light yellow/brownish color. Once I get the columns and walls adjacent to it modeled, I'll work on coloring/material.

That will look great. Where I grew up in the Midwest, the limestone was a beautiful yellow or creme color. Sign me up for one if it works on the LE!

#549 5 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

I'm not much of a mod guy, but the aftermarket orb dome thingie was a little too large for my taste. On the pro, its really hard to see the orb dome lit up when it is flashing from underneath, since there is no newton ball for it to reflect the light. Solution for me, steal the blue dome from the right side of the playfield, bore out the appropriate size hole on the plastic, and flip the dome to the top, just like the dome to the left in the pic. You can do this yourself if you are brave enough to modify the plastic. Just make sure you protect the LED board from underneath since it will be exposed. Meaning you don't want the ball to be able to hit the LED board. I used another clear plastic underneath, but you can use just about anything.[quoted image]

I made this and flipped the led under the plastic and never drilled out the plastic and it works perfectly and I like the look but it’s not too overpowering in the game
I could make some more if people are interested.

2B02F394-5EF5-4A88-94D7-0D2B0448D1BD (resized).jpeg2B02F394-5EF5-4A88-94D7-0D2B0448D1BD (resized).jpeg90B28A63-457A-4658-A84D-3049A1283DB1 (resized).jpeg90B28A63-457A-4658-A84D-3049A1283DB1 (resized).jpegBF384E92-FEAF-4497-8FC9-426DACF80E36 (resized).jpegBF384E92-FEAF-4497-8FC9-426DACF80E36 (resized).jpeg6DC4DDE6-9B88-4A35-A368-5BA17F65DBDD (resized).jpeg6DC4DDE6-9B88-4A35-A368-5BA17F65DBDD (resized).jpeg
#550 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

I made this and flipped the led under the plastic and never drilled out the plastic and it works perfectly and I like the look but it’s not too overpowering in the game
I could make some more if people are interested. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's on a Premium right? If so I would be interested. Its very cool if it uses the original flasher. The only other one I saw for the Premium was the RGB colour constabtly changing version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.50
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/11?hl=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.