anubis2 (resized).jpg
anubis3 (resized).jpg
anubis4 (resized).jpg
IMG_6075 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).JPG
IMG_2158 (resized).JPG
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Thanks everyone for your help.

Don't sweat it! I literally remembering having to google where the power switch was when I got my first pin back in the day..... lol

Luckily it was recent enough that I had the internet to leverage. Thanks RGP!!

#452 5 years ago
Quoted from vansmack99:

Just received th tilt topper maiden topper and it looks awesome. Although I have no idea where it needs to be pigged in for power. Can anyone take a pic of the correct place. Here's the instructions I was given. Thanks.
"Use the empty 12 V plug located in the lower cabinet just below the right flipper button assembly."
[quoted image]

Sounds like the description to where the SAM / Whitestar +5v / +12v hookup was.

#453 5 years ago

You can pull 12v from the backbox or board inside the cabinet on the LEFT side below the left flipper where you'd connect a Shaker. The pinouts are in the manual. We offer a splitter for spike games coming off either connection to hook up mods designed for SAM games.

#454 5 years ago

Also 12V available at the bill validator connector i believe.

#455 5 years ago

Just finished an evening of modding.... and still more to do. This game is almost as bad as Tron! haha

Has anyone put spotlights on their aftermarket Piece of Mind or Trooper figures? I replaced Piece of Mind Ed with the aftermarket but he's a bit dark. The Trooper I put in the upper left playfield and he's actually ziptied to the post for a spot light (on the moving gate piece it would appear).
I did actually use a slightly smaller screw for Piece of Mind to secure the right foot to the plastic (with the upper bumper cover) and then ziptied the left leg to the post as everyone has been doing.

#456 5 years ago

Placing an order with PinballLife but wanted to know what (if any) mylar I should consider ordering for premium or other protection recommendations. I sent an email to passionforpinball about the Cliffy set in the meantime. My machines aren't heavily used so wonder how much protection I really need. I'm actually removing the Cliffy I have on my KISS premium at the scoop since it makes the shot too difficult and going to put mylar there.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Just finished an evening of modding.... and still more to do. This game is almost as bad as Tron! haha
Has anyone put spotlights on their aftermarket Piece of Mind or Trooper figures? I replaced Piece of Mind Ed with the aftermarket but he's a bit dark. The Trooper I put in the upper left playfield and he's actually ziptied to the post for a spot light (on the moving gate piece it would appear).
I did actually use a slightly smaller screw for Piece of Mind to secure the right foot to the plastic (with the upper bumper cover) and then ziptied the left leg to the post as everyone has been doing.

I have several of the aftermarket Eddie's installed in my game. I removed all the plastics. I agree the game is dark. I purchased a set of Pin Stadium LED lights while I was at the Pinball Expo and they make a huge difference. They light up the entire game. Makes all the colors pop and their are no more dark areas on play field. Best investment I have made for the game by far. Highly recommended, brings the whole game to life. Here are the before and after Pin Stadium Install pics.

IMG_6284 (resized).JPGIMG_6284 (resized).JPGIMG_6285 (resized).JPGIMG_6285 (resized).JPG
#458 5 years ago
Quoted from blackhawk812:

I have several of the aftermarket Eddie's installed in my game. I removed all the plastics. I agree the game is dark. I purchased a set of Pin Stadium LED lights while I was at the Pinball Expo and they make a huge difference. They light up the entire game. Makes all the colors pop and their are no more dark areas on play field. Best investment I have made for the game by far. Highly recommended, brings the whole game to life. Here are the before and after Pin Stadium Install pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If your game is that dark, there is either something wrong with it or your camera. There is no way it can be that dark. Are your spotlights even on?

Here’s my game with a backboard light ($20) and a trough light ($15) taken in a dark room.

9E542FA4-773C-444D-B230-2622FD63C1EB (resized).jpeg9E542FA4-773C-444D-B230-2622FD63C1EB (resized).jpeg
#459 5 years ago

I just purchased an Eddie bust head on eBay (there are dozens listed from every era) to use as a topper. I might consider purchasing a couple depending on the fit on top. The eyes are powered by 2 AA batteries so I'm trying to determine what appropriate wiring would be running off the machine to power the LEDs used for the eyes. I was considering running them off a GI bulb at 5v but also wondering if I can just solder the wires to the AA receptacle? Just checking with fellow Pinsiders on their thoughts and expertise.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#460 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I just purchased an Eddie bust head on eBay (there are dozens listed from every era) to use as a topper. I might consider purchasing a couple depending on the fit on top. The eyes are powered by 2 AA batteries so I'm trying to determine what appropriate wiring would be running off the machine to power the LEDs used for the eyes. I was considering running them off a GI bulb at 5v but also wondering if I can just solder the wires to the AA receptacle? Just checking with fellow Pinsiders on their thoughts and expertise.

Yes, you can solder wires to the battery terminal and power with 5v from the game.

#461 5 years ago

So I removed the IM plane temporarily to readjust where its placed due to the archway. I'll be placing over the plane plastic. However I'll need a spacer (I'm pointing to the gap in the pictures that is to occupied by the spacer) to lift it up so it attaches to bracket of the plane and lifts it up a bit so as to not block visibility. I've attached a few pictures to show this gap. Can you recommend any specific spacer post that would attach to just above the plastic? I see Pinball Life and Marco carries what appears to be what I would need in the male/female version and I believe the threading is on these Stern posts is the #6-32 version. I'll likely buy a few different post lengths to get the height elevated to my liking but want to verify this will work my purpose.

20181119_194654 (resized).jpg20181119_194654 (resized).jpg20181119_194639 (resized).jpg20181119_194639 (resized).jpg20181119_194650 (resized).jpg20181119_194650 (resized).jpg

#462 5 years ago

Hi Mark, don’t order from pinball life or Marco for something like a hex post spacer, they’ll charge you $8 just for shipping. I have a few hex posts on hand I can send you.

For those wondering, the plane is intended to be mounted on the spotlight hex post off the right ramp, but Mark has the mezel arch, which interferes with the plane and so requires an alternate location to mount. Back right or back left will work fine.

#463 5 years ago

#464 5 years ago

I'm looking for a full set of clear plastic protectors, but not having much luck. I've found clear slings/inlanes and colored sets, but no full sets of clear. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#465 5 years ago

I got a 9 piece set from Little Shop of Games

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got a 9 piece set from Little Shop of Games

Thanks. That's the best set I've seen. It seems like it still doesn't have one for above the drop targets, though.

Also, any opinions on the upgrade kit that is available on Pinball Life? I understand the ball trap, but what's the deal with the opto adjusters? I haven't seen too many complaints about the optos.

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm looking for a full set of clear plastic protectors, but not having much luck. I've found clear slings/inlanes and colored sets, but no full sets of clear. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I installed the colored plastics with just the outline so the slings don’t get washed out. It looks super awesome... something to keep in mind unless you don’t like the colored outline.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I installed the colored plastics with just the outline so the slings don’t get washed out. It looks super awesome... something to keep in mind unless you don’t like the colored outline.

Where'd you get those from?

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Where'd you get those from?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors#post-4517488-parent

Looks like they aren’t available now. Hopefully just temporary because they are great.

#470 5 years ago

I just installed the yellow ones from the ulek store. However they completely wash out the colors on the slings which was disappointing. I'm trying to find an alternative for them since the yellow on the edge looks great but the sling Plastics lose all of their color. I too you welcome any recommendations where the undersurface is either cut out to allow the original sling Plastics to show their color or a neutral color such as plastic. I see mezel has what appears to be a slight light blue color for their Plastics.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Thanks. That's the best set I've seen. It seems like it still doesn't have one for above the drop targets, though.
Also, any opinions on the upgrade kit that is available on Pinball Life? I understand the ball trap, but what's the deal with the opto adjusters? I haven't seen too many complaints about the optos.

I too noticed this plastic that could be ordered but wasn't sure where the ball trap you she was coming from. Where is the ball trap tissue anyways?

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors#post-4517488-parent
Looks like they aren’t available now. Hopefully just temporary because they are great.

Thanks!!

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

but what's the deal with the opto adjusters? I haven't seen too many complaints about the optos.

More for people who have playfield protectors installed. That bit of extra height it gives makes the ball miss the opto when going round at speed.
The adjusters certainly improve the range of the opto.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I too noticed this plastic that could be ordered but wasn't sure where the ball trap you she was coming from. Where is the ball trap tissue anyways?

There is a picture of it installed that shows a standoff just outside the orbit. It looks like a ball could sit between the standoff and the side of the cabinet.

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

More for people who have playfield protectors installed. That bit of extra height it gives makes the ball miss the opto when going round at speed.
The adjusters certainly improve the range of the opto.

No prob with my playfield protector and optos.

#476 5 years ago

Is anyone making pop bumper caps? I would love to see Hooked make some. How about custom side rails?

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a couple pics and video of my Iron Maiden Topper. I really love this pinball and I had a lot of fun designing this one....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got my Iron Maiden topper in last week. I made some modifications to the paint job to really set it off. Added additional shadows and wrinkles to Eddie and painted the head dress and chin adornment with metallic gold and blue paint. This topper is awesome. So happy with this product. Thanks again @habeboo.

IMG_8529 (resized).jpgIMG_8529 (resized).jpgIMG_8537 (resized).jpgIMG_8537 (resized).jpgIMG_8541 (resized).jpgIMG_8541 (resized).jpgIMG_8547 (resized).JPGIMG_8547 (resized).JPG
#478 5 years ago

pm me if interested 4 left

#479 5 years ago

Got my Iron Maiden topper in last week. I made some modifications to the paint job to really set it off. Added additional shadows and wrinkles to Eddie and painted the head dress and chin adornment with metallic gold and blue paint. This topper is awesome. So happy with this product. Thanks again habeboo.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's nice! I hope to get one some day too.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Happy for now. Need the 3D cyborg next.

[quoted image]

Where did you get the piece of mind eddie? Who makes it? Thx

#481 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Where did you get the piece of mind eddie? Who makes it? Thx

You can buy it straight from Stern. Same one in the Prem/LEs.

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productthumbnails.asp

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If your game is that dark, there is either something wrong with it or your camera. There is no way it can be that dark. Are your spotlights even on?
Here’s my game with a backboard light ($20) and a trough light ($15) taken in a dark room.[quoted image]

Another Pinstadium customer with a bogus Before pic. What is it with these guys? I've literally seen dozens of these posts, usually from new members. A bit fishy. I don't doubt this product provides an abundance of light, but the way people frame it as a Must Have with bogus Before pics is misleading.

My Maiden Pro is in a very dark arcade and it's plenty bright with stock lighting.

#483 5 years ago

Got my Iron Maiden topper in last week. I made some modifications to the paint job to really set it off. Added additional shadows and wrinkles to Eddie and painted the head dress and chin adornment with metallic gold and blue paint. This topper is awesome. So happy with this product. Thanks again habeboo.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice paint job on that topper though!

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nice paint job on that topper though!

I really, really like the metallic paint on the sculpted part, but it makes the blue on the backboard part look wrong. Also, the eyes would benefit from some 99 cent store sunglasses lenses being inset into the dark to harmonize that area and finish the look.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can buy it straight from Stern. Same one in the Prem/LEs.

Got another link? Also interested

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

From this link just click on: Replacement Parts

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Another Pinstadium customer with a bogus Before pic. What is it with these guys? I've literally seen dozens of these posts, usually from new members. A bit fishy. I don't doubt this product provides an abundance of light, but the way people frame it as a Must Have with bogus Before pics is misleading.
My Maiden Pro is in a very dark arcade and it's plenty bright with stock lighting.

Agreed; the game is plenty bright even in a brightly lit room

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Confused. The Stern figurines are at that link. Just click on it.

#489 5 years ago
006E0C5D-5124-4C15-B28E-0441964261B2 (resized).jpeg006E0C5D-5124-4C15-B28E-0441964261B2 (resized).jpeg47F98941-0173-4520-B90F-DBB5EA99A51C (resized).jpeg47F98941-0173-4520-B90F-DBB5EA99A51C (resized).jpeg
#490 5 years ago

Is there anyone who knows where to buy a splitter for this plug so I can add another rgb led ? This is the one under the clairvoyant orb on the premium. Or is there anyone that can make a splitter with another rgb led set up?
I want to add another led on top with an orb but leave the original under the plastic.
Thx mike

901BA804-3726-4BEF-AE9C-A54B3F8A2567 (resized).jpeg901BA804-3726-4BEF-AE9C-A54B3F8A2567 (resized).jpeg

#491 5 years ago

Selling the protectors for maiden again. Set up a site for it to more easily manage the orders

https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/iron-maiden-truecolor-plastic-protectors

Only shipping Monday and wednesdays

#492 5 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Is there anyone who knows where to buy a splitter for this plug so I can add another rgb led ? This is the one under the clairvoyant orb on the premium. Or is there anyone that can make a splitter with another rgb led set up?
I want to add another led on top with an orb but leave the original under the plastic.
Thx mike
[quoted image]

I got mine at Marco, they fit the existing molex connector:

CT062M - Crimp terminal .062 inch Male round
CT062F - Crimp terminal .062 inch Female round
5792-10775-00 - Connector 4 position .062 inch terminals
5791-10774-00 - Connector 4 pin .062 inch terminals

#493 5 years ago

Thx I got them and made the splitter up just waiting on my rgb led and crystal ball

On a side note does anyone know where to find the clairvoyant plastic without buying the whole set from stern
Thx

#494 5 years ago

Got a few mods done tonight. Besides installing a trooper figure, I got a trough light and lighted plane.

First, for the trough light, I just bought the 7LED strip from cometpinball, in a variety of colors to try out. I just don't get it. The strip is $2.75 at cometpinball, so why are they $15-$20 on mod manufacturer's sites?

The other thing...is that it seems fairly bright. Maybe I should have bought a 3LED strip instead or bought a brightness adjuster for $2 (https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/mtxbriteadj.htm). Of course, I could put in another order but...I just hate paying for shipping all the time.

20181209_163636_001 (resized).jpg20181209_163636_001 (resized).jpg

20181209_183231 (resized).jpg20181209_183231 (resized).jpg

Then...for the plane, I had bought the spitfire "easy model" for $16 from amazon, and a 3LED strip from comet for $3, so $19. Its not as nice as lermods $60 one, or the interactive $80, but...it was kind of fun to do myself.

I first bent some wire and hot glued it on ->

20181209_173521 (resized).jpg20181209_173521 (resized).jpg

Cometpinball didn't have red 3LED in stock so I got warm white. Actually....maybe I prefer the warm white since its probably brighter and "neutral". Install was a snap with alligator clips.

20181209_183315 (resized).jpg20181209_183315 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#495 5 years ago

Pharaoh eye kit. $7 shipped. Never installed.

F030D670-E8F0-4F14-900B-C01F35085C8F (resized).jpegF030D670-E8F0-4F14-900B-C01F35085C8F (resized).jpeg
#496 5 years ago

Ball hang up plastic under right ramp. Was going to install bit game already has a post installed to prevent hang ups. Pinball life sells these with opto plastics. Free to good home if someone needs. See second picture to check of your game had post installed. It’s the post with clear rubber on it.

B145FA99-59B3-46EC-9E08-685BA451D915 (resized).jpegB145FA99-59B3-46EC-9E08-685BA451D915 (resized).jpegDB1C8ED3-275F-49D7-8B4A-FA8C6C832EAF (resized).jpegDB1C8ED3-275F-49D7-8B4A-FA8C6C832EAF (resized).jpeg
#497 5 years ago

I’m referring to the diagram at post 1532 on the Iron Maiden issues thread.... my game already had it installed. The plastic has been spoken for.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Pharaoh eye kit. $7 shipped. Never installed.
[quoted image]

Gone...

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Ball hang up plastic under right ramp. Was going to install bit game already has a post installed to prevent hang ups. Pinball life sells these with opto plastics. Free to good home if someone needs. See second picture to check of your game had post installed. It’s the post with clear rubber on it.

Plastic is gone to good home.

#500 5 years ago

Merry Christmas pinheads I just got topper from Dan tilttopper looks awesome

20181126_161115 (resized).jpg20181126_161115 (resized).jpg20181126_161124 (resized).jpg20181126_161124 (resized).jpg20181224_215459 (resized).jpg20181224_215459 (resized).jpg

20181225_102916 (resized).jpg20181225_102916 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.50
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,011 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-mod-thread/page/10?hl=aahzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.