Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just curious if Iron Maiden Pro/Prem (2018) has good longevity in a one or two game home collection. Do the 5 modes get repetitive?

#2 5 years ago

I think so, but a lot of people will say otherwise

#3 5 years ago

I don’t own an IMDN so I can’t comment as an owner, but it does feature long ball times which may contribute to the repetitive feeling if that’s the only thing you have to play. But almost any game in a one or two game collection is going to get repetitive.

#4 5 years ago

The 5 modes are really just the tip of the iceberg code wise. If that is how you tackle the game, yes it will get old. If you explore the other strategies it should have good staying power so it really just depends on your style of play.

#5 5 years ago

Most Overrated Pinball Machine EVER!!!

#6 5 years ago

I own an Iron Maiden Pro, it is currently my only pin in the house. While I am in the hunt for another, I am in no hurry to get one until the right deal comes my way. I've put over 700 games on Maiden since I got it, I play it for at least an hour every day. I don't see myself tiring of it any time soon, it's a very good game. I also have the luxury of a lot of location pinball near me, so I have a lot of other games to play easier than others.

#7 5 years ago

Maiden is awesome, but any pin is too repetitive. Variety is the spice of life. Time to trade it for something else!

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I've played it extensively and its certainly not anywhere near top ten good.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I don’t own an IMDN so I can’t comment as an owner, but it does feature long ball times which may contribute to the repetitive feeling if that’s the only thing you have to play. But almost any game in a one or two game collection is going to get repetitive.

Long ball times..... the way mine is set up that is not the case at all

#10 5 years ago

I love my maiden, nothing else really like it. Lots to do, very engaging.

#11 5 years ago

There's a lot to do in Maiden, only a handful of main Eddie modes yes, but there are many other gameplay elements that propel it to greatness. Stacking those modes with multiballs best suited to them when possible, isn't a new idea, but adds a lot to replayability with the way the modes are coded - it never feels to me like stacking here results in just "shoot everything" jumbles of lit shots. The varied theme multiballs that have very different goals/rules, and even completely different add-a-ball systems is awesome. The tomb treasure bits are fun to reach, the Eddie cards fun to try to get to reach the wizard mode, and combos/deathblows are interesting. The loop shots and system with building scoring and building jackpots is a masterpiece. Then you add the power feature system and goals/jackpot multiplying system and there is a ton of content here. Then you tack playfield doubling or even tripling on top, started from hitting the controlled lit inlane when desired, executing well with cashing in a mode or jackpot, etc - fun. A lot of that isn't groundbreakingly new, but it's rarely all executed and put together as well, IMO.

BUT for some people who don't like the theme/music and style of game, none of that matters and it's a miss - so opinions vary. It's a bit polarizing, but if you like their music this is a homerun of a design, ruleset, and theme. I can't wait to see Keith Elwin's next pin...

You can start getting bored with any pin if you play that exclusively, but I think Maiden is a long term pin for me for sure. I will only ever have 2-3 machines at a time unfortunately, and Maiden will be in my collection while the other 1-2 come and go as I add in something new or different for a long while.

#12 5 years ago

Thanks for the great feedback everyone! I love the band and it sounds like there is far more to do beyond the 5 Eddie modes. I’ve played the Pro a handful of times and enjoyed it.

#13 5 years ago

Of the couple of dozen games I have had in my home over the last several years, it has kept me its hooks in me longer than any other. In the sense that I play it a lot every day for a couple of months now. Most new games I get I will play a lot the first couple of weeks then play here and there, not necessarily every day.

Not sure what that says, but I am still loving it. While the games can be on the long side, I hardly ever feel like I am repeating many things during a game. Unlike WoZ which I sold to buy Maiden. WoZ felt like the same 4 things over and over again.

#14 5 years ago

IMDN kicks ass and its one of the greatest pinball machines that has ever been made PERIOD! I can 100% guarantee you that my IMDN Premium will never leave my collection.

#15 5 years ago

This is a great game and full of code. The 5 modes are just One step of four to get to battle the beast, which is a great mode. Loop jackpots, four flippers, and really fun Multiballs add to IMD’s staying power. If you are looking for a pin in the IMD pro’s price range you really can’t go wrong and it’s a plus that you like their music.

#16 5 years ago

Super Game, Stern's best ! I just cannot stop playing it since day one , great shots great code.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Heyyy Chico, did you buy your LE from special K ?

lol

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've played it extensively and its certainly not anywhere near top ten good.

IMDN Deserves top 10 easy

Some games not set up correctly may lead to frustration.

And yes it does piss me off Stern missed some important QC

Hoping this will be corrected soon !

#19 5 years ago

Honestly..... I thought IMDN was a snoozer when I seen the pics released. I am a HUGE IMDN fan and had to talk myself into buying one.

I reluctantly spent the extra money and bought a Prem and now I know I made the right choice.

Im more of a collector then a player but yet I find myself in the basement playing a few games almost every night.

Its truly one of the greatest games ever made and nothing else compares to it in terms of gameplay.

Only other game " and i have owned a ton " that came close to drawing me back was TWD Prem.

Buy it , this is one tough crowd and the mass's cant be wrong!!!

#20 5 years ago

I rarely miss a day playing my IMDN Premium. It is a great shooter, period. The modes are fun and all, but it isn’t great because of them... it is great because it is just so satisfying as a shooter.

I have yet to get remotely tired with it, and my time on my other pins has gone down because of it.

#21 5 years ago

I’m more than likely going to be purchasing a pro once I sell my afmrle. It’s a lot of bang for the buck especially at the pro level (which I prefer overall)

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Buy it , this is one tough crowd and the mass's cant be wrong!!!

Joan of Arc said the same thing

#23 5 years ago

I've owned a Pro since mid April and after 1000+ plays I can say that it's the best game I've ever owned and I've had close to 50 games.

Besides the great layout my favorite thing about the game is the ruleset. I love that there are different stages to the modes and multiballs. Blowing up a single mode or multiball is just as enjoyable as progressing far within the game itself. I've had games where I've gotten over 250 million from Trooper mb alone or over 200 mil on Icarus despite not making a wizard mode.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've owned a Pro since mid April and after 1000+ plays I can say that it's the best game I've ever owned and I've had close to 50 games.
Besides the great layout my favorite thing about the game is the ruleset. I love that there are different stages to the modes and multiballs. Blowing up a single mode or multiball is just as enjoyable as progressing far within the game itself. I've had games where I've gotten over 250 million from Trooper mb alone or over 200 mil on Icarus despite not making a wizard mode.

Agree, I’ve played mine extensively for 4 months and think it is one of the best pins ever made. I’ve never played a game this much in a short time and kept coming back regularly. I think it will have longevity and deserves to be in the top tier of all games.

#25 5 years ago

There are 20+ games in my house, but for the past five months 95% of my play has been on Maiden pro. When I go to the basement I just can't resist. I consider myself a semi-serious competitive player, so any game with a linear, boring, or easily exploitable strategy will eventually wear out its welcome. Maiden is none of those things. Probably the most balanced rule set & scoring... ever? It really makes you shoot the whole playfield. Speaking of which, amazing layout to shoot. Great mix of easy yet satisfying shots, ones that will make you pull your hair out, and everything in between. It was designed by the best player of all time, and it shows.

So, longevity? Mine isn't leaving anytime soon, or ever. Bury me in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.50
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-longevity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.