C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

always can get le in a year or two huo good code. people will always want the next new pin and will sell their old stuff.

Yep. This is the first of hopefully many games that Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti and the rest of their young development team will work on. It will only be the hot pin until something even better comes out. These guys are just getting started!

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

LE or PREM pic? Looks awesome.

Looks cool! I'd make sure to get some mylar down under that flap to prevent playfield wear.-maybe Cliffy can come up with a new protector like he did for the TWD lift ramp?

1 week later
#128 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I know these are long gone but I’d be interested in an LE if anyone knows where to get one .. or trade ... not inflated .. if not there will be one to play near my new office

The band has 50 of these to sell yet so I'd keep an eye out for those to hit the market. Maybe join the fanclub and follow the band on Facebook just in case. If they're cool like Metallica they may actually sell them for MSRP vs. trying to gouge their fans for more money like KISS did.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I’m going to be curious if the LE has a real printed mirror backglass or a mirror translight glued to the glass (like the Kiss LE has). I guess we’ll see soon.

I'm sure it will be mirrored translite glued to glass as that's what all of the recent games have.-my TWDLE included.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Not true - Aerosmith LE has a real mirrored backglass.

That's cool! I didn't know that. Is that the only LE since (and including) Star Trek LE with an actual glass instead of mirrored translite?

2 weeks later
#281 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Gameplay didn’t seem like an upgrade over the pro. Only 1 physical ball lock and the rest are virtual?

I'll have to play one but I'm not sure that I'd prefer the easier shot under the lift ramp and then having it fire out towards your flippers vs. shooting the center ramp and getting the ball diverted to your upper flippers on the Pro to start your modes. Also having the captive orb shot be easier to hit on the LE is not a benefit, especially if it is hittable via the upper right flipper like was mentioned. You want that shot to be tight because you don't want to hit it by accident when you're building up your power jackpot. And honestly the sarcophagus being used in 3 positions just means that the potential of having a ball get stuck due to a switch issue in the lock or trough and having to wait for a ball search is much greater than the Pro. I know it got stuck once in the stream although it was a preproduction game.

1 week later
#396 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

For context, I was drivin them pretty hard. A few games at 50, which is extremely loud. These JBL's are WAY louder than the standard Stern speakers. Very impressed, but I was expecting a few issues which anything "new" will have. Cracking got bad though, even when I "turned down" lol, to 40. These speakers sound so damn good I haven't even hooked up the sub yet. They are magnificent when operating correctly.

What's the external amp setup like that drives the JBL's? Is it mounted in the backbox? Any idea of how many watts RMS that it's putting out?

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The real magic is when it’s off. Lit up it’s hard to see all the detail, but here’s a sampling of all the edge work!

Damn that looks incredible! Zombie Yeti really does amazing work!

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With the node boards also controlling the GI, I wonder if the pro could have easily supported this too?
Maybe someday we will see RGB GI?
Rob

The Pro also has 2 software controllable GI strands. The game switches between the two and it is also used in Fear of the Dark. I thought about trying this out on my Pro but don't like how the red looks under the plastics as it color bombs them. I ended up just switching out all the Stern cool white LEDs in the GI with Comet warm white frosted and it looks amazing now! Even if I had an LE i would highly recommend doing this. The color palette on this game works perfect in warm white and really makes the artwork pop!

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Could you post a picture?

I grabbed some pics tonight of my Pro with warm white Comet 2835 Frosted LEDs in the GI. Looks way better in person! Much richer and less washed out than stock.

DSC04084 (resized).JPGDSC04084 (resized).JPG
DSC04082_1 (resized).JPGDSC04082_1 (resized).JPG
DSC04080 (resized).JPGDSC04080 (resized).JPG
DSC04081 (resized).JPGDSC04081 (resized).JPG
DSC04083 (resized).JPGDSC04083 (resized).JPG

IMG_20180514_205647 (resized).jpgIMG_20180514_205647 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180513_154157 (resized).jpgIMG_20180513_154157 (resized).jpg

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that the one or two SMD 2835?

Most are the 2SMD 2835 warm white but I do have a few single SMDs frosted from Comet as well. I did run out of warms and have some sunlight 2SMD 2835 mixed in on the back panel and under the back left corner (under the blue plastics). Sunlight's are usually my go-to bulb on newer games but warm white fits the color scheme of this game really well.

I need to restock on bulbs and I'm thinking about switching out the cool white bulbs in my TWDLE for warm white next. I think that's another game that would benefit with its warmer color palette.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.