C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
#401 5 years ago

It appears we now have Stereo Audio ? True L+R, anyone confirm ?

No schematic supplied for Spike 2

The JBL's are rated at 20W RMS which is decent

Audio driven from CPU PCB. I gather the Audio Amplifier is a low power surface mount I.C , Maybe 10 or 15W ?

This may be why users at high volume are experiencing distortion/clipping. Very undesirable.

There appears to be very little info available for Spike 2 so it will be unlikely these boards will be repaired to component level.

Hope there is a solution for rock solid audio performance.

I guess this is the go for sub hook up ?
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=48&osCsid=tpq0tlpsrhplrta26phcilllu0

Spike 2 CPU and audio pinouts, Audio o/p I.C at a guess ?

Would be great if Stern could provide more detail.

Audio (resized).JPGAudio (resized).JPG

CPU.JPG (resized).pngCPU.JPG (resized).png

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I’m picking up a Pro and LE this Thursday and am leaning towards selling the LE.
Send me a PM if looking for an LE.
Thanks.

Do you want more features and better art and higher resale, keep the LE. Satisfied with the pro, sell the LE but just know its a crowded market past 10k.

Not sure why you need help with this as it is your game, so get what makes you happy.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Do you want more features and better art and higher resale, keep the LE. Satisfied with the pro, sell the LE but just know its a crowded market past 10k.
Not sure why you need help with this as it is your game, so get what makes you happy.

In fact if CyberNinja24 needs us to tell him what to do ... I am hereby ordering him to pay for and to send me whichever model he doesn't want. It should alleviate any lingering guilt he may have over abandoning the sibling pin. Your new foster pindad is ready to receive.

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Honestly, pro is all you need. It's the complete package. If I wasn't such a Maiden super nerd I woulda went pro. Debated leaving in box and doing that, but honestly, I'd rather enjoy this machine. No regrets.

So no regrets over the decision to keep MaidenLE, 24 hours later. Congrats on your honeymoon. You can do it buddy - enjoy that LE - one day at a time.

#405 5 years ago

Ha!

Love the advice and support guys!!

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The real magic is when it’s off. Lit up it’s hard to see all the detail, but here’s a sampling of all the edge work!

Any way to dim those lights unless putting
Some kind of filter in between
Art work is too lit up

#407 5 years ago

Cabinet art for Maiden Prem. Enjoy before it gets moderated.

« Spoiler - Click to reveal. »
« Spoiler!

IMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0266 (resized).JPG .
»

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any way to dim those lights unless putting
Some kind of filter in between
Art work is too lit up

LOL that is with the game off and no overhead lights. So probably not

But everything that looks like it IS lit up, all the blown out fine edges everywhere... that’s mirrored. Truly needs to be seen in person to appreciate it.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

It appears we now have Stereo Audio ? True L+R, anyone confirm ?
No schematic supplied for Spike 2
The JBL's are rated at 20W RMS which is decent
Audio driven from CPU PCB. I gather the Audio Amplifier is a low power surface mount I.C , Maybe 10 or 15W ?
This may be why users at high volume are experiencing distortion/clipping. Very undesirable.

Put Line out to a small, beefier external amplifier (like Houdini has) powered with the service plug and power the speakers with that. Line out is listed on that chart, so it's available.

#410 5 years ago

Does the LE have a speaker enclosure or anything different from the pro?

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LE has interactive selective GI which switches between Red and White bulbs ala TWD premium.

With the node boards also controlling the GI, I wonder if the pro could have easily supported this too?

Maybe someday we will see RGB GI?

Rob

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So no regrets over the decision to keep MaidenLE, 24 hours later. Congrats on your honeymoon. You can do it buddy - enjoy that LE - one day at a time.

No ragrets.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Does the LE have a speaker enclosure or anything different from the pro?

Though, I have yet to see a picture of an LE speaker panel folded down...

From the manual...it looks like 5.25" speakers in the backbox instead of 4". Pretty much the same setup as the Pro otherwise except for the red rings around the speaker edge and some spacers / gaskets so the extended tweeters don't get into the back of the speaker panel's grills. Pretty much the same mounting otherwise. Speakers mount on speaker plates...speaker plates mount on speaker panel (and also hold the LCD on / in place). Stern made the room so tight behind the right speaker...I don't think they have room for any type of speaker enclosure.

I believe the cabinet speaker is the same as the Pro / Premium.

Iron Maiden LE SP (resized).jpgIron Maiden LE SP (resized).jpg

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With the node boards also controlling the GI, I wonder if the pro could have easily supported this too?
Maybe someday we will see RGB GI?
Rob

The Pro also has 2 software controllable GI strands. The game switches between the two and it is also used in Fear of the Dark. I thought about trying this out on my Pro but don't like how the red looks under the plastics as it color bombs them. I ended up just switching out all the Stern cool white LEDs in the GI with Comet warm white frosted and it looks amazing now! Even if I had an LE i would highly recommend doing this. The color palette on this game works perfect in warm white and really makes the artwork pop!

#415 5 years ago

My LE should be arriving today. Its been sitting at the Baltimore terminal all weekend!

#416 5 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Though, I have yet to see a picture of an LE speaker panel folded down...
From the manual...it looks like 5.25" speakers in the backbox instead of 4". Pretty much the same setup as the Pro otherwise except for the red rings around the speaker edge and some spacers / gaskets so the extended tweeters don't get into the back of the speaker panel's grills. Pretty much the same mounting otherwise. Speakers mount on speaker plates...speaker plates mount on speaker panel (and also hold the LCD on / in place). Stern made the room so tight behind the right speaker...I don't think they have room for any type of speaker enclosure.
I believe the cabinet speaker is the same as the Pro / Premium.

Here ya go...

IMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG

IMG_1226 (resized).JPGIMG_1226 (resized).JPG

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The Pro also has 2 software controllable GI strands. The game switches between the two and it is also used in Fear of the Dark. I thought about trying this out on my Pro but don't like how the red looks under the plastics as it color bombs them. I ended up just switching out all the Stern cool white LEDs in the GI with Comet warm white frosted and it looks amazing now! Even if I had an LE i would highly recommend doing this. The color palette on this game works perfect in warm white and really makes the artwork pop!

I wonder what ice blue's would look like in place of the red. Red doesn't lend itself well to "dark" anyways. Blue is better for that and Ice blue gives that hint of color without color bombing plastics (as bad) and making the PF to dark to see. Would be worth a try if you didn't like the red.

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Here ya go...

So the people who are getting crackling at high volume, they're probably clipping the on-board amplifier because those speakers can clearly handle more than 20W per channel. If people want to run loud, they probably need to get a small external amplifier like Houdini has (something like:
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PFA300-90-Watt-Amplifier-Adapter/dp/B0071HZ5LE
) use the line out from the Spike board and plug the speakers into that external amp.

Seem to be decent at least @ $44.99 per pair for Stage 502 speakers.

#419 5 years ago

Spitfire and captive ball

0514181348 (resized).jpg0514181348 (resized).jpg

0514181349 (resized).jpg0514181349 (resized).jpg

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the people who are getting crackling at high volume, they're probably clipping the on-board amplifier because those speakers can clearly handle more than 20W per channel. If people want to run loud, they probably need to get a small external amplifier like Houdini has use the line out from the Spike board and plug the speakers into that external amp.
Seem to be decent at least @ $44.99 per pair for Stage 502 speakers.

I have to say this machines speakers are night and day compared to my other machines. Metallica Pre, Tron LE and GOTGLE don't even come close when this thing is on! The ability to adjust bass and treble on both sets of speakers (panel and cabinet) makes a HUGE difference. They sound AWESOME. Well done Stern!

Hopefully Stern can add the ability to adjust treble and bass on their previous Spike games.

btw all my machines have separate 12" Polk subs...

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I ended up just switching out all the Stern cool white LEDs in the GI with Comet warm white frosted and it looks amazing now! Even if I had an LE i would highly recommend doing this. The color palette on this game works perfect in warm white and really makes the artwork pop!

Could you post a picture?

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I have to say this machines speakers are night and day compared to my other machines. Metallica Pre, Tron LE and GOTGLE don't even come close when this thing is on! The ability to adjust bass and treble on both sets of speakers (panel and cabinet) makes a HUGE difference. They sound AWESOME. Well done Stern!
Hopefully Stern can add the ability to adjust treble and bass on their previous Spike games.

Awesome. Mine is shipping to me today. What are your thoughts on the LE gameplay? I’ve only played the pro so far.

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The ability to adjust bass and treble on both sets of speakers (panel and cabinet) makes a HUGE difference. They sound AWESOME. Well done Stern!

I can do this on my SW pro.

#424 5 years ago

That orange captive ball....... As interactive as the sarcophagus is I couldn't do a pro. 4 different positions. You're always paying attention to if you have a ball locked in there or not and starting your multiball by bashing the captive out the back is so cool. And it diverting the ball to the upper left flipper for a loop shot that pro is missing. Now that I'm used to the LE, the pro just doesn't cut it for me at least.

#425 5 years ago

Quick question for LE owners, actually for anyone who may know, you as the sarcophagus captive ball mech something Keith designed for Archer/brought over to Maiden or has it been used in the past on a previous release?

Reminds me a little of the mech in Harley Davidson but didn’t that load up and fire balls from the front?

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Could you post a picture?

I grabbed some pics tonight of my Pro with warm white Comet 2835 Frosted LEDs in the GI. Looks way better in person! Much richer and less washed out than stock.

DSC04084 (resized).JPGDSC04084 (resized).JPG
DSC04082_1 (resized).JPGDSC04082_1 (resized).JPG
DSC04080 (resized).JPGDSC04080 (resized).JPG
DSC04081 (resized).JPGDSC04081 (resized).JPG
DSC04083 (resized).JPGDSC04083 (resized).JPG

IMG_20180514_205647 (resized).jpgIMG_20180514_205647 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180513_154157 (resized).jpgIMG_20180513_154157 (resized).jpg

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quick question for LE owners, actually for anyone who may know, you as the sarcophagus captive ball mech something Keith designed for Archer/brought over to Maiden or has it been used in the past on a previous release?
Reminds me a little of the mech in Harley Davidson but didn’t that load up and fire balls from the front?

Pretty sure it was all original when he did it on Archer.

#428 5 years ago

Thanks for the pics Mike.
Frosted white GI looks great

First decent pic I have seen of Right targets and ramp.
Looks super steep. Awesome
Just a stunning looking playfield. Can't wait to see it up front
We still gotta wait almost 2 months for our LE's here.

Apologies for being obsessed on post sleeves. They don't appear to be tapered ?
How many, are they all the same ? It appears Stern forgot to provide any spec or part # for IMDN post sleeves.
Perhaps they are used in other Spike 2 games ?

Thanks,
Ando

mdn targets (resized).jpgmdn targets (resized).jpg

#429 5 years ago

Man that GI looks so much better Mike. Nice.

#430 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Much richer and less washed out than stock.

I'll have to agree with you. It fits better with the art and theme.

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I grabbed some pics tonight of my Pro with warm white Comet 2835 Frosted LEDs in the GI. Looks way better in person! Much richer and less washed out than stock.

Is that the one or two SMD 2835?

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that the one or two SMD 2835?

Most are the 2SMD 2835 warm white but I do have a few single SMDs frosted from Comet as well. I did run out of warms and have some sunlight 2SMD 2835 mixed in on the back panel and under the back left corner (under the blue plastics). Sunlight's are usually my go-to bulb on newer games but warm white fits the color scheme of this game really well.

I need to restock on bulbs and I'm thinking about switching out the cool white bulbs in my TWDLE for warm white next. I think that's another game that would benefit with its warmer color palette.

#433 5 years ago

Just got delivered and I'm very happy with the Number I received. Thanks to Mike at GAP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The backglass is my personal favorite over any I've ever seen. It is phenomenal. Biased? Nah....

is the backglass a "real" screened backglass or a translite glued to the back of a piece of glass?

#435 5 years ago

The latter.

#436 5 years ago

Just heard from the shipping company. My LE is arriving Thursday!! So excited.

#437 5 years ago

My Pro and LE will be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed there are no QC issues.

They will take their rightful place next to Metallica Pro and Premium

#438 5 years ago

Do you buy Pros and Premiums or LE's of the same titles on a regular? Interesting concept

Quoted from Mike_J:

My Pro and LE will be arriving tomorrow, fingers crossed there are no QC issues.
They will take their rightful place next to Metallica Pro and Premium

#439 5 years ago

54809803733__810A3CC6-F383-4F52-B84A-85224673C5DB (resized).jpg54809803733__810A3CC6-F383-4F52-B84A-85224673C5DB (resized).jpg

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Do you buy Pros and Premiums or LE's of the same titles on a regular? Interesting concept

I buy machines for the art as well as the game play. I am not a big Iron Maiden fan, but I think these are the nicest looking games since Metallica and Magneto.

I have both Avengers LEs and all of the Stern Spidermen (Red, Black, Vault) aside from the home version.

Interesting, different, weird? Probably.

#441 5 years ago

Just got my shipping info. #70 is on its way!

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Titan is working on solid post sleeves as the current rubber ones break VERY easily. He said it would be a few months so we are stuck with the black stock ones for now. If anyone knows were to get solid colored ones please post!!!

Superbands posts, in 9 colors, will outlast rubber or any brand of silicone parts.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6556-23
https://cointaker.com/t/super-bands
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3304

#443 5 years ago

What code is the newest? .97?

Just got ours out of the box. Downloading new software now.

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

What code is the newest? .97?
Just got ours out of the box. Downloading new software now.

Yes.

#445 5 years ago

THANK YOU! I will have to check these out. I just placed an order at PL too!!!! Damnit! LOL

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I buy machines for the art as well as the game play. I am not a big Iron Maiden fan, but I think these are the nicest looking games since Metallica and Magneto.
I have both Avengers LEs and all of the Stern Spidermen (Red, Black, Vault) aside from the home version.
Interesting, different, weird? Probably.

So which ones do you play more often?

#447 5 years ago

Cool, thanks.

Man is this game fun. I hate that I can only olpay a game or two then back on the road....

Only thing Ive had to do so far is bend that lane guide on the right outlane. Ball was getting stuck. What a weird thing to get past QC...

SO FUN.

#448 5 years ago

# 6 had arrived
Next to my #6 AC/DC

Just one more # .

Let’s see if they ever make it ?

244234AA-AFB1-48AE-B8CE-AD37966D2810 (resized).jpeg244234AA-AFB1-48AE-B8CE-AD37966D2810 (resized).jpeg

BCD65DD8-9477-47D2-8400-6331C8316841 (resized).jpegBCD65DD8-9477-47D2-8400-6331C8316841 (resized).jpeg

65998FBB-BF38-4B85-80ED-CF0E88CDE9E8 (resized).jpeg65998FBB-BF38-4B85-80ED-CF0E88CDE9E8 (resized).jpeg

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So which ones do you play more often?

Metallica is a toss up. Both are played equally.

I play SM Black the most because I love the way it looks and the same with Hulk over the Blue LE model. And the Black Widow shot is terrific.

#450 5 years ago

LE #376!

AEEC285A-55A9-4922-855D-E7EA00B3824C (resized).jpegAEEC285A-55A9-4922-855D-E7EA00B3824C (resized).jpeg

67D218D0-F560-440A-B8DC-0EBA06C2CF70 (resized).jpeg67D218D0-F560-440A-B8DC-0EBA06C2CF70 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le/page/9?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.