C769BD96-5CA4-457F-A395-2709FD7FC790 (resized).jpeg
1C6404F1-8561-4E73-A35A-B11841F8BED4 (resized).jpeg
4A16881C-E255-4E8E-B9B0-D3135D03EEAB (resized).jpeg
IMDN-LE-left_yella green 2 (resized).jpg
D03B56D3-BFAE-446A-8E33-CD5018E8A7B7 (resized).jpeg
7470017F-9FAD-4F92-8CB5-AC0270C82F86 (resized).jpeg
20180525_171544 (resized).jpg
20180525_171458 (resized).jpg
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Is the stream supposed to be starting now?
Link anyone?

1 min Twitch

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Is the stream supposed to be starting now?
Link anyone?

Delayed.

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

EDIT: Live now. Time to first machine malfunction: 3 minutes.

#255 5 years ago

STREAM IS UP

#256 5 years ago

that plunger is hideous.

#257 5 years ago

Ok.... so what I can see extra from pro to LE and prem. playfield is..

Metal apron
color changing GI
Newton ball
lift ramp with underworld
lifting sarcophagus
ramp diverter
Two Eddie figures.
color changing beacon

Anything else Im missing here ?

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ok.... so what I can see extra from pro to LE and prem. playfield is..
Metal apron
color changing GI
Newton ball
lift ramp with underworld
lifting sarcophagus
ramp diverter
Two Eddie figures.
color changing beacon
Anything else Im missing here ?

Starting to wonder if Pro is the way to go??? The GI light show is a let down, I think the red looks odd? Who cares about the figures and the Beacon.

#259 5 years ago

Is there a subway? Does the scoop under the ramp just hold the ball and spit it out?

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Is there a subway? Does the scoop under the ramp just hold the ball and spit it out?

From what they were saying on the stream there is a subway.

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Kinda a let down.... looks like it just spits it back out

Also the newton ball adds almost nothing too the game.

#262 5 years ago

Killer stream... I just joined twitch specifically for this. Then I got permanently banned for making a silly joke. But then it got reversed and I was gifted a subscription and a bunch of icons? A+ would do again. Oh, and beyond excited for my LE now!!!

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Killer stream... I just joined twitch specifically for this. Then I got permanently banned for making a silly joke. But then it got reversed and I was gifted a subscription and a bunch of icons? A+ would do again. Oh, and beyond excited for my LE now!!!

I saw that ban what the heck did you post to get such a reaction?

Quoted from Hi-Fi:

It appears that the subway goes from the mummy captive ball and ejects out the scoop under the ramp.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Supposed to be a subway

So the stream didn't show much of any game play and/or the LE cab and backglass?

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So the stream didn't show much of any game play and/or the LE cab and backglass?

They weren’t allowed to show cab or backglass.

#266 5 years ago

Something along the lines of "I made $500 working from home check out this link and HOLY SHIT THIS GAMES LOOKS SO GOOD" and I guess they didn't read the second half haha.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Plenty of game play but until the band does the official release Stern can’t show the LE art.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Something along the lines of "I made $500 working from home check out this link and HOLY SHIT THIS GAMES LOOKS SO GOOD" and I guess they didn't read the second half haha.

I laughed. Especially when you got tossed. Haha.

#269 5 years ago

Plenty of game play but until the band does the official release Stern can’t show the LE art.

It would have made sense to provide clarity formally in the Stern of the Union since LE buyers are receiving final payment notices and all.

But hey, who am I kidding?

#270 5 years ago

And the band seems to be in no particular hurry to: a) acknowledged they even have a pinball machine coming, and b) post any photos of said machine on their webpage.

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

LE buyers are receiving final payment notices and all.
But hey, who am I kidding?

You mean since they're shipping lol?
Why do I feel like I just took part in a huge experiment? And one that worked at that?
I blame Bruce. If Paul was around this shit wouldn't be flyin.

#272 5 years ago

I don't have any skin in the game, but I thought the stream and the pin look great. I love the pro, but the additions on the LE look alright to me.

#273 5 years ago

So LEs are shipping and Stern can’t show the art? Something’s off.

#274 5 years ago

Just pondering if the leaked images are not the real images? Wouldn't that be funny? lol Someone unboxes the 1st LE and it is totally different.

Ken

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

So LEs are shipping and Stern can’t show the art? Something’s off.

That’s why they were leaked.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

Just pondering if the leaked images are not the real images? Wouldn't that be funny? lol Someone unboxes the 1st LE and it is totally different.
Ken

No way, why would Stern do that.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

If Paul was around this shit wouldn't be flyin.

Bruce flyin Paul to the Lawrence, KS bake sale concert, litrelly,...cause he's a pilot. And he has a tailgunner.

#278 5 years ago

Also...only douchebags quote themselves.
Quoting that.

#279 5 years ago

Gameplay didn’t seem like an upgrade over the pro. Only 1 physical ball lock and the rest are virtual?

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Gameplay didn’t seem like an upgrade over the pro. Only 1 physical ball lock and the rest are virtual?

Gotta agree with that sentiment despite my getting an LE for other reasons.

Only watched about 45 min but pro seems like great value here

#281 5 years ago

I'll have to play one but I'm not sure that I'd prefer the easier shot under the lift ramp and then having it fire out towards your flippers vs. shooting the center ramp and getting the ball diverted to your upper flippers on the Pro to start your modes. Also having the captive orb shot be easier to hit on the LE is not a benefit, especially if it is hittable via the upper right flipper like was mentioned. You want that shot to be tight because you don't want to hit it by accident when you're building up your power jackpot. And honestly the sarcophagus being used in 3 positions just means that the potential of having a ball get stuck due to a switch issue in the lock or trough and having to wait for a ball search is much greater than the Pro. I know it got stuck once in the stream although it was a preproduction game.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Also...only douchebags quote themselves.
Quoting that.

That is true!

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'll have to play one but I'm not sure that I'd prefer the easier shot under the lift ramp and then having it fire out towards your flippers vs. shooting the center ramp and getting the ball diverted to your upper flippers on the Pro to start your modes. Also having the captive orb shot be easier to hit on the LE is not a benefit, especially if it is hittable via the upper right flipper like was mentioned. You want that shot to be tight because you don't want to hit it by accident when you're building up your power jackpot. And honestly the sarcophagus being used in 3 positions just means that the potential of having a ball get stuck due to a switch issue in the lock or trough and having to wait for a ball search is much greater than the Pro. I know it got stuck once in the stream although it was a preproduction game.

Really good points--when I saw Keith reefing on the ball lock after the ball got stuck and saw the amount of movement I was thinking...that is gonna cause trouble sooner or later. Not worth the exorbitant amount of extra cash unless you are a true Maiden fan, I think.

#284 5 years ago

But that's how most LE/Premium games are. It's more about bling and maybe doing the same things in a neater way. If they make the versions too different, then that further increases their programming effort and makes rules/scoring more divergent.

Rob

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Also the newton ball adds almost nothing too the game.

Except that it can be hit from more angles than a regular stand up target. That certainly makes it a shot far more prone to lucky hits. Is that good or bad?

Rob

#286 5 years ago

Is there a way to watch a replay of the stream from last night?

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Except that it can be hit from more angles than a regular stand up target. That certainly makes it a shot far more prone to lucky hits. Is that good or bad?
Rob

That’s bad according to people who have the game and know the rules already. On the PRO instead of that 360* captive ball you have a somewhat hidden standup target. When you’re building up your jackpot you don’t want to hit that target by accident and cash in a jackpot unintentionally. On the premium/LE if your building a jackpot that ball will be able to be hit from all angles and cashing in a jackpot will happen more often than you want from some random shots. However, I think that captive ball is a super cool new switch.

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is there a way to watch a replay of the stream from last night?

Yes here is the link on YouTube

#289 5 years ago

I really liked the sarcophagus addition. Locking a ball in there making the shot a regular captive ball was cool. Then being able to knock it out with the risk/reward addition was also pretty slick. May not be a worthwhile upgrade for some people, but it is for me.

Plus, it has a scoop. I love scoops. haha

#290 5 years ago

What’s happening at the Clairvoyant shot? I thought the previous photos were different?

01ACB4E7-29E4-434C-B25A-F4EA7D6E31F7 (resized).jpeg01ACB4E7-29E4-434C-B25A-F4EA7D6E31F7 (resized).jpeg

#291 5 years ago

It's just a hit detecting newton ball. You can hit it from the upper right flipper as well as the bottom flippers.

#292 5 years ago

The potential for accidental hits on the Newton ball will make it harder to build up jackpots, which will be good. You'll have to maintain some sort of control for bigger points.

#293 5 years ago

Anybody know of an LE for sale for hot a bad proce... please PM me...I changed my mind...lol....thanks

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Anybody know of an LE for sale for hot a bad proce... please PM me...I changed my mind...lol....thanks

You should be able to find a ton now after last night. All I keep hearing now is the pro is better and the LE/premium doesn't offer enough to justify the cost

#295 5 years ago

There is a difference from people saying "The LE extras aren't worth the price difference" and "the PRO is better".

Quoted from BoJo:

You should be able to find a ton now after last night. All I keep hearing now is the pro is better

#296 5 years ago

I thought the LE stream was kick-ass. I'm still in. No hesitation. I'm told mine should ship next week!!

#297 5 years ago

I don't think anyone would choose a pro over an LE, for any other reason than the cost.

Would love an LE but no way paying for the extras as the pro will be good enough for me.

I think this will end up being Stern's best pro they have done.

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I don't think anyone would choose a pro over an LE, for any other reason than the cost.
Would love an LE but no way paying for the extras as the pro will be good enough for me.
I think this will end up being Stern's best pro they have done.

This game is so excellent for people who don't want to pay the extra money for a Prem/LE. So much game play in the Pro.

#299 5 years ago

I would say there are very few who were in on the LE that would change their mind. If you bought an LE, you want the exclusive package and have the money for an LE. Those arguing that the PRO is better likely either have a pro or are ordering a pro or cannot afford either a pro, prem or LE. If I wasn't buying one of the models, I'd probably say the same. It's all about perspective.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You should be able to find a ton now after last night. All I keep hearing now is the pro is better and the LE/premium doesn't offer enough to justify the cost

Still looking...have not had time to go thru the list again...maybe I will get lucky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Wanted
$ 16.00
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Trade
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 700 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-le/page/6?hl=jefryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.